MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

45 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Based on what we're hearing I think a crab droid would make sense, but Lego does occasionally add things in that don't make too much sense, so I don't think a Dwarf Spider Droid is off the table. 

Yeah. It does seem like a Dwarf Spider was originally the plan given Promobricks' initial discussion of the set, so it wouldn't surprise me if they just switched out figs to make it EP III and kept the droid for production and design purposes, but we'll see. 

4 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Just reread the Promobricks article on the summer 2022 sets, and for the AT-TE the exact wording is "small spider droid", not "dwarf spider droid". I'm no linguist, but he uses the german "kleiner spinnendroide" (small spider droid) instead of the proper name "Zwergspinnendroide" (dwarf spider droid). Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but its just something to keep in mind in the crab droid vs dwarf spider droid debate.

I mean, i doubt it's a small version of the homing spider droid, but I suppose it's possible they meant a crab droid. Given that they didn't clarify, though, I doubt it. There's got to be a word for "crab" in german, right?

I feel like we can't read that much into the exact details of the descriptions.  There's been errors or incomplete info on things like minifigures or side builds before.  Keep in mind, we also don't know how this info comes.  It could be a case where Promobricks' source is someone who just said "Yeah, it's coming with a small droid build...a spider droid or something like that" because realistically, both a crab droid and dwarf spider droid are given close up shots in the movies for a grand total of, like, five seconds.  Other than a hardcore fan, people aren't really going to know or care about the difference between the two, so I don't really think it's implausible that this is just a case of them being fed bits of info that aren't entirely complete.

Beru Lars's face is curiously very similar to Molly Weasley's from Harry Potter, I don't know if it will be the same piece...

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, the May 4th promo actually really is the Lars Family Homestead Kitchen, including Beru :thumbup: About friggin time

One of the best GWPs in recent memory!

Very ballsy of Lego to give us a woman in a kitchen as a promo in 2022. Let’s hope the woke folks won’t notice :laugh_hard:

6 minutes ago, TBD said:

Very ballsy of Lego to give us a woman in a kitchen as a promo in 2022. Let’s hope the woke folks won’t notice :laugh_hard:

Don’t alert them to it!:tongue:

I think it looks pretty cool though, and perhaps we’ll also get the Bantha print on the blue container here?

Fantastic promo set! Its great to finally be getting Beru after all these years and the build of the set itself is very well detailed. Hopefully they have enough stock to go around for the GWP as I'm not looking forward to the aftermarket prices if Lego runs out.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:04 PM, benderisgreat said:

Seeing a lot of people here saying demand for Phase2 Cody isn’t  that big. So you’re either lying to yourself, or been living under a rock in a Tatooine desert. Let’s face the facts, he’s a popular character from a Clone wars show, which a whole generation of SW fans grew up watching. These kids are now young adults and have disposable income to buy stuff like lego. And they want to buy a popular character from a show they love.

It isn't even just a Clone Wars generation thing. Cody has always been one of most commonly requested characters from the Prequel Trilogy even before the Clone Wars show was airing. Fans have been a lot more vocal about wanting him lately but the demand for an official Lego figure has been there for a very long time now.

Makes sense to combine the kitchen with Blue Milk Luke :grin: . GWP looks nice but not sure if I want to spent the money to get this.

Wow so we get minifig plus the extra play / display set:pir_tong2: this is the promo I was looking for 

So the blue milk Luke also comes as promo?

Edited by gradatim

It's great to finally see Aunt Beru in LEGO, and with a nice little build as well :sweet: 

I might try and get this one, when the time comes.

Regards,
Mitch

$160 for this promo!? 

I remember the days where a Darth Revan was with £50 purchase. Instead I get a blue milk Luke we all got from buying the game. 

Seriously the Lego Star Wars team are jokers, bunch of clowns I might add. 

9 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

$160 for this promo!? 

I remember the days where a Darth Revan was with £50 purchase. Instead I get a blue milk Luke we all got from buying the game. 

What are you talking - not everyone on this forum bought the game. Its a nice addition ! 

I think the Lars Homestead looks fantastic and I'm stoked it's the promo though the price criteria seems a little "Star Wars's up" if you know what I mean. It's sad they didn't do something special for the 20th anniversary of AOTC but fingers are crossed for a Genesis arena this fall. Also for the record, while I would have preferred that the May 4th promo fig wasn't OT, Aunt Beru is long overdue and nobody can complain about getting her especially since she's a part of that laundry list of SW characters who have no love from LSW (Beru, Shmi, All the Kaminoans, All the Clone Commanders/Commandos, Dexter, Wat Tambor, Captain Typho, Nien Nub, etc...)

24 minutes ago, gradatim said:

What are you talking - not everyone on this forum bought the game. Its a nice addition ! 

Decisions for the few, not the many. 

1 hour ago, gradatim said:

Yeah, I got the steelbook… No polybags there. Keen to get another chance at blue milk Luke even if I’m not that keen on the figure

4 hours ago, TBD said:

Some are noticing, but unless clickbait sites catch wind and drum up hate for clicks the Twitter mob is unlikely to notice. It’s been proven time and time again that the majority of people complaining about misogyny in and around Star Wars don’t put their money where their mouth is.

Great promo, finally Beru… no Owen is a crying shame for those of us without the big brown box from 2014. Bet LEGO’s logic here is the tired old “but we’ve done it before” *eyeroll* Prices for him are gonna go crazy smh

Edited by Brikkyy13

This has to be the best May The 4th promo they've ever done. Wow, just wow.

The build is absolutely fantastic. It feels so good to get something as casual as a kitchen in the Star Wars universe. So unique.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

$160 for this promo!? 

Are you serious? This is probably the best value promo we’ve gotten in a while. It has more pieces (including an extra minifigure) than the GWP for the $950 AT-AT and the $450 Mos Eisley Cantina.

I’m going to put this in terms of Canadian dollars, since that’s what I’m familiar with, but it’s not that much different from USD or Euros.

You need to spend $200 to get the promo. If you do, you get Blue Milk Luke (~$5 value if you use normal poly bag price), the AT-ST polybag ($5 value), and the the Homestead Kitchen ($20 value). Not only that, but you get double VIP points, which is an extra $20 back. So you’re getting $50 worth of extra stuff on a $200 purchase.

I mean, it's nice, but I don't really see the price justification here. It'll be nice to get Aunt Beru though.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This has to be the best May The 4th promo they've ever done. Wow, just wow.

The build is absolutely fantastic. It feels so good to get something as casual as a kitchen in the Star Wars universe. So unique.

It’s amazing. I hope we get this in the future for more locations that don’t make much sense as a regularly released set because of a lack of interest or play features.

I would say Shmi with her and Anakin’s house, but I think that would probably work well as a regular set.

The Gungan Council is also one that comes to mind as not working as a normal set, but there’s no way Lego makes a new mould for a GWP.

3 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Are you serious? This is probably the best value promo we’ve gotten in a while. It has more pieces (including an extra minifigure) than the GWP for the $950 AT-AT and the $450 Mos Eisley Cantina.

I’m going to put this in terms of Canadian dollars, since that’s what I’m familiar with, but it’s not that much different from USD or Euros.

You need to spend $200 to get the promo. If you do, you get Blue Milk Luke (~$5 value if you use normal poly bag price), the AT-ST polybag ($5 value), and the the Homestead Kitchen ($20 value). Not only that, but you get double VIP points, which is an extra $20 back. So you’re getting $50 worth of extra stuff on a $200 purchase.

Yes, I believe the value is excellent. The incentive is strong with this GWP. I think people would have been happy to have just gotten Beru in a polybag, but the extra build only sweetens the deal, in addition to getting Luke and an AT-ST polybag. This really is the best May 4th GWP I can remember in a long time. Well done, LEGO.

I'm surprised people are cool with this. A very in-demand character and the first minifigure-compatible rendition of the Lars homestead, and it's locked into a GWP (I don't even want to know what the threshold will be here in Aus, something crazy I'm sure). What a slap.

The Lars homestead would totally work as a set, as would an Otoh Gunga set, which LEGO doesn't even need to do to make Boss Nass since there are still a bunch of unmade Naboo Speeders. But I guess TLG knows best about what won't sell and about what gaps they never want to fill after 23 years.