MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, necrochasm said:

But there’s still a demand for Cody and there’s also promobricks hinting at an Utapau AT-TE over a Geonosis one despite AotC’s 20th anniversary. There’s definitely speculation to be had over it and I think the gunship figure selection drama definitely has something to do with it if true. I also disagree with the idea that Cody isn’t actually in demand too, just because YOU don’t want phase 2 Cody doesn’t mean only MandR wants him. 

Probably not gonna talk further about the gunship anymore though, we’ve started to get a bit off topic with it

No one in this thread has argued that Cody isn’t in demand. That clearly isn’t the case. What people are saying is that he shouldn’t be locked behind a $480 UCS set that makes no sense with the character.

IMO a desirable minifigure should not be exclusive to a non-minifig compatible set. (So Mace Windu with sand marks is good IMO, since that’s not a desirable minifig)

Interesting that on the 20th of AOTC, they are going ROTS. Easy to make it a AOTC version by figure swapping with the clone trooper packs. Hope to see Cody, not broken and will still buy regardless. Honestly would buy the AT-TE no matter what except if it was from Rebels. Neat!

Maybe since we know so much so early, it'll be an early leak like the AT-AT, or something put out for May 4th for preorder? Who knows...

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I'm rather inclined to believe you here, but where was it confirmed? I haven't seen it come back since the couple days it was floating around IG.

Also, I think if Cody isn't in it, it would be hilarious, but I may just switch to being a Mandr stan if that happened.

I’m confirming it 😉

I told the forum to believe the Republic Fighter Tank rumours a while back when everyone doubted it. 

Who is Cody?  

Anyways, I can’t wait to find out about Jodi Starship - it seems it’ snot revealed yet. When it will be released?

22 hours ago, Willsy said:

Hopefully not veering into the realm of wishlisting on this, but I would be surprised if they went out of their way to make this set Utapau/ROTS-based when the walker's most notable appearance was in Attack of the Clones (especially when the Clone Command Center is on shelves and we have Kenobi's Delta 7-A coming) and not have Cody in the set. I don't see what other motivation they could have to base it off that one scene. My theory is that this was originally supposed to be AOTC-based, but then Lego pivoted after fan outcry for Phase 2 Cody hit a boiling point. Could be wrong of course and it could just include Obi-Wan and two 212th troopers, but what would be the point when they could have just based it on AOTC? 

The idea of it being Episode 3 makes a lot of sense.  Especially given the Kenobi series.   My guess is that the Kenobi series starts on Utapau with the scene of the clones turning on him.  Lego could have been told that this is where the story starts.  Which would make for a good early tie in to the series without being too spoilery.  Much the same way the BoBF used an existing scene for the palace as the lead in set.  In this way it isn't a pivot from Episode 2 to Episode 3, but intentional from the beginning.    

27 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Who is Cody?  

Anyways, I can’t wait to find out about Jodi Starship - it seems it’ snot revealed yet. When it will be released?

Cody is Obi-Wan’s Clone Commander. He leads the 212th Attack Battalion and is usually present in the Clone Wars battles Obi-Wan fights in.

The Jedi Starfighter should be released in August along with most of the other sets coming out in the second half of the year.

I’m going to stay cautiously optimistic about the AT-TE being ROTS-based and that it’ll bring us new 212th Troopers. For me at least, that’d be more desirable than an AOTC figure selection. I will say that if this does end up being the case, there is absolutely no way that Lego passes on this opportunity to do Cody. Throwing in an Airborne Trooper instead of Cody into that Grievous Starfighter a few years ago was already a bit puzzling, but this would be flat-out baffling. 

It also makes sense for Lego to make this a ROTS version because it would certainly feature Obi-Wan, which would mean that Lego will have AOTC version (Jedi Starfighter), ROTS version (this set) and TV show versions (two Kenobi show sets this summer) of the character on shelves in the year that his own series debuts. 

Edited by The Stud

11 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Ok so here’s the deal. The AT-TE is Episode 3. It exists 100%. 

Hold on a second, do you have insider information? Because if so, bravo. If not, you might want to phrase this a bit differently, as it sounds like you're saying it's confirmed when no reliable sources or official retailers have confirmed it. Even Promobricks is only hinting at it.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hold on a second, do you have insider information? Because if so, bravo. If not, you might want to phrase this a bit differently, as it sounds like you're saying it's confirmed when no reliable sources or official retailers have confirmed it. Even Promobricks is only hinting at it.

Phrasing was thought through. Trust me. If I’m wrong, I’ll go into hiding on Dagobah…

Edited by ArrowBricks

39 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Phrasing was thought through. Trust me. If I’m wrong, I’ll go into hiding on Dagobah…

Ok but do you have information, or are you just making an educated guess based off the info we have? If you can't say you can't say, though I'm personally not aware of a situation in which one can say information but can't confirm whether or not they have it, I'm sure such a situation exists.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ok but do you have information, or are you just making an educated guess based off the info we have? If you can't say you can't say, though I'm personally not aware of a situation in which one can say information but can't confirm whether or not they have it, I'm sure such a situation exists.

I wouldn’t be saying trust me if it was an educated guess! 

Seeing a lot of people here saying demand for Phase2 Cody isn’t  that big. So you’re either lying to yourself, or been living under a rock in a Tatooine desert. Let’s face the facts, he’s a popular character from a Clone wars show, which a whole generation of SW fans grew up watching. These kids are now young adults and have disposable income to buy stuff like lego. And they want to buy a popular character from a show they love. And obviously Lego had plenty of chances to make P2 Cody in the past: 2012-2014 CW wave of sets were a perfect place for him. If not that 2020 Grievous starfighter was a perfect inclusion for Cody as he literally appears when Obi-Wan duels Grievous on Utapau, yet instead Lego included random Airborne trooper. 
And before someone says “but he needs a new mold”, just look at how many new mold Lego made in recent history which will probably never be used again (Knights of Ren helmets, Unkar Plutt, Teebo head just to name a few). And unlike above mentioned examples, updated P2 clone helmet could be reused for other P2 clones. 
So, to sum up, it makes perfect sense that a lot of people want P2 Cody , and Lego is missing out by not making that figure.

Edited by benderisgreat

@benderisgreat I take it you mean 'is NOT that big', in your first sentence? :tongue:

Basing that on the rest of your entire post :classic:

(and I do agree with you)

Regards,
Mitch

While Cody not being included would be hilarious, I do hope he‘s in there :tongue: The rumoured minifig selection is incredibly dull without him 

If Cody is included, would it make sense to have an adaptable P2 helmet? Given the chin and his visor, it seems better to have a new mold for his style of helmet (seen on other clones like Captain Vaughn). It just looks like if they make it with an attachment, that just would be a poor approximation of the helmets design. 

2 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

If Cody is included, would it make sense to have an adaptable P2 helmet? Given the chin and his visor, it seems better to have a new mold for his style of helmet (seen on other clones like Captain Vaughn). It just looks like if they make it with an attachment, that just would be a poor approximation of the helmets design. 

I would like an adaptable helmet so that we could attach more things like Bly's binoculars, but we're probably not going to get much more than just Cody. I don't think that the chin piece or any of his other unique details apart from the visor are enough to warrant a new mould on their own, but if Cody is going to have a unique helmet, they might as well include those details

41 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I would imagine we will see something akin to Gar Saxxon/The Armourer's helmet where it's similar to the P2 clone helmet but with the visor moulded in. 

As for PB's story, I really hope I'm wrong on this, but my interpretation is that they aren't referring to a singular thing but rather a coded hint at multiple things that are happening. So the Lars Kitchen for May 4th, Phase 1 Cody in the AT-TE (I hope not), the Beskar keychain, Blue Milk Luke getting another release, etc. Or maybe Phase 1 Cody as the May 4th figure (with P2 being in the AT-TE)? I don't know.

Edited by Willsy

My interpretation of the promobricks story was mocking some of the fake rumors we've had recently. I'm doubtful their hinting at anything in particular.

The other story seems to hint at a return of Lego con, and considering that's were we officially saw the summer Mando sets last year, maybe we'll get some official star wars reveals whenever that occurs.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, jdubbs said:

The deluxe physical edition appears to be sold out pretty much everywhere, for all platforms.

this, lol

Just reread the Promobricks article on the summer 2022 sets, and for the AT-TE the exact wording is "small spider droid", not "dwarf spider droid". I'm no linguist, but he uses the german "kleiner spinnendroide" (small spider droid) instead of the proper name "Zwergspinnendroide" (dwarf spider droid). Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but its just something to keep in mind in the crab droid vs dwarf spider droid debate.

3 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Just reread the Promobricks article on the summer 2022 sets, and for the AT-TE the exact wording is "small spider droid", not "dwarf spider droid". I'm no linguist, but he uses the german "kleiner spinnendroide" (small spider droid) instead of the proper name "Zwergspinnendroide" (dwarf spider droid). Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but its just something to keep in mind in the crab droid vs dwarf spider droid debate.

If 75337 definitely is ROTS-based, I could certainly see it having a crab droid, but we'll see I guess. It would make the most sense if it was Utapau-based. 

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

If 75337 definitely is ROTS-based, I could certainly see it having a crab droid, but we'll see I guess. It would make the most sense if it was Utapau-based. 

Based on what we're hearing I think a crab droid would make sense, but Lego does occasionally add things in that don't make too much sense, so I don't think a Dwarf Spider Droid is off the table.