MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Trying to find photos of the landspeeder, all I can find is a ridiculous escalation of the AT-TE rumour being posted by nobody accounts. In the space of about a week it’s gone from “possible AT-TE”>”AT-TE confirmed, 5 figures”>”2 clones, dwarf spider droid”>”Obi-Wan, Cody, 4 clones, battle droids, spider droid”… won’t be long till someone starts claiming it has Boga too :roflmao: :roflmao:

I saw that Briq Foundation has a YouTube video out with the landspeeder leak in it, so you guys can see it there. Hope this helps

58 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Trying to find photos of the landspeeder, all I can find is a ridiculous escalation of the AT-TE rumour being posted by nobody accounts. In the space of about a week it’s gone from “possible AT-TE”>”AT-TE confirmed, 5 figures”>”2 clones, dwarf spider droid”>”Obi-Wan, Cody, 4 clones, battle droids, spider droid”… won’t be long till someone starts claiming it has Boga too :roflmao: :roflmao:

It's that damn codyleaks guy, too. He admitted he was fake and said he would stop posting like 2 days ago, and he's immediately back with this. It's driving me up the wall that some people believe that guy.

5 hours ago, Willsy said:

Hopefully not veering into the realm of wishlisting on this, but I would be surprised if they went out of their way to make this set Utapau/ROTS-based when the walker's most notable appearance was in Attack of the Clones (especially when the Clone Command Center is on shelves and we have Kenobi's Delta 7-A coming) and not have Cody in the set. I don't see what other motivation they could have to base it off that one scene. My theory is that this was originally supposed to be AOTC-based, but then Lego pivoted after fan outcry for Phase 2 Cody hit a boiling point. Could be wrong of course and it could just include Obi-Wan and two 212th troopers, but what would be the point when they could have just based it on AOTC? 

No, I totally agree. Chiefly because, as much as people love to whine and complain, lego really listens to fans about stuff like this. Then you just look at it as a risk-benefit thing. I don't know that a statistically significant portion of the population would buy an AOTC walker but not a ROTS one. A ROTS one allows them to put in figures they've seen significant interest in, like P2 Cody. It's a pretty easy way to get more sales, since more people would buy the set if it includes a more desirable figure. (I mean, I got an AT-TE less than a month ago and I'm interested, though I think I'll take their "we don't want to put desirable exclusive characters in expensive sets" statement seriously and cross my fingers he'll show up in something cheaper in 2023). 

The landspeeder image is too grainy to be useful. I do like the keychain and blue milk luke if they are truly the may 4th promos. Still hoping for a microbuild as well to make recent years..

6 hours ago, Willsy said:

Hopefully not veering into the realm of wishlisting on this, but I would be surprised if they went out of their way to make this set Utapau/ROTS-based when the walker's most notable appearance was in Attack of the Clones (especially when the Clone Command Center is on shelves and we have Kenobi's Delta 7-A coming) and not have Cody in the set. I don't see what other motivation they could have to base it off that one scene. My theory is that this was originally supposed to be AOTC-based, but then Lego pivoted after fan outcry for Phase 2 Cody hit a boiling point. Could be wrong of course and it could just include Obi-Wan and two 212th troopers, but what would be the point when they could have just based it on AOTC? 

Yeah if it really is a ROTS set, it more than likely will have Cody in it. That also being said, I firmly believe the gunship’s figure selection was 100% due to it only having a year of design/production, so they probably actually knew about the demand from the vote, but couldn’t get a new helmet mold out on time for the gunship

that or it just has 212th troopers with no cody in it

1 hour ago, necrochasm said:

Yeah if it really is a ROTS set, it more than likely will have Cody in it. That also being said, I firmly believe the gunship’s figure selection was 100% due to it only having a year of design/production, so they probably actually knew about the demand from the vote, but couldn’t get a new helmet mold out on time for the gunship

that or it just has 212th troopers with no cody in it

Having Cody in the UCS Gunship would’ve made no sense, and been a slap in the face of Lego Star Wars fans. If they didn’t do a “Jedi Bob” which at least makes a little bit of sense and doesn’t require a new mould, there’s no way they would’ve put Cody in there even if they did have the necessary planning time. 

2 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Having Cody in the UCS Gunship would’ve made no sense, and been a slap in the face of Lego Star Wars fans. If they didn’t do a “Jedi Bob” which at least makes a little bit of sense and doesn’t require a new mould, there’s no way they would’ve put Cody in there even if they did have the necessary planning time. 

except for the fact that it was LITERALLY the fan vote, and exactly what fans asked for. How is that a slap in the face? If anything, what we actually ended up getting was more along the lines of a slap in the face. As for jedi bob, he would’ve made less sense. He’s non canon. I don’t think Lego wanted to put a non canon figure in a UCS set, simple as that

30 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

except for the fact that it was LITERALLY the fan vote, and exactly what fans asked for. How is that a slap in the face? If anything, what we actually ended up getting was more along the lines of a slap in the face. As for jedi bob, he would’ve made less sense. He’s non canon. I don’t think Lego wanted to put a non canon figure in a UCS set, simple as that

Is there a source for Commander Cody being the most fan requested character? And yes, it would have been a slap in the face to lock a character like that behind a $350 set. 

19 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Is there a source for Commander Cody being the most fan requested character? And yes, it would have been a slap in the face to lock a character like that behind a $350 set. 

Yeah, that's something I have always wondered--where did the idea that Cody won come from? Lego themselves certainly didn't confirm it, did they?

It should also be noted that there was no limit on submissions, if I remember correctly. I remember quite a few people saying they listed literally every named clone they could think of.

Edited by Brickroll

17 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

No, there is not a source. Those who insist "everyone wanted Cody" have no empirical data to back it up, just pent up frustration and wishful thinking. Fans asked for Cody and Jedi Bob, and fans asked for other figures, too. I actually requested Mace and Yoda; Mace is my favorite prequel character and I thought we might get a cool Yoda variant. For all anyone knows, the two characters included in the Gunship could actually have been the two most requested. Until stats are released - and I don't think they'd ever do that - it's pointless to insist LEGO ignored the fan vote when you have nothing to indicate what the majority of fans outside of this forum and Instagram voted for.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders
Spelling

14 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah, that's something I have always wondered--where did the idea that Cody won come from? Lego themselves certainly didn't confirm it, did they?

We never did get the answer, and I didn’t say he straight up won, but judging by the community’s requests and the reaction to the figure selection, there’s a very obvious demand for him. I also HIGHLY doubt the winners just so happened to be a figure already in production and another figure that just so happens to ALSO be in production, but with slight differences. There’s just NO way

34 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Nope, it's a fabrication. I wouldn't call it a slap in the face, but it would be really annoying to people who wanted the character, and I guarantee 80% of the people complaining that the figures were lame would be complaining about Cody being locked into the gunship set. Only difference is I suspect many people who were fine with the actual figures would be complaining alongside them.

12 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

We never did get the answer, and I didn’t say he straight up won, but judging by the community’s requests and the reaction to the figure selection, there’s a very obvious demand for him. I also HIGHLY doubt the winners just so happened to be a figure already in production and another figure that just so happens to ALSO be in production, but with slight differences. There’s just NO way

Well, yeah, but lego never claimed that those were the fan vote figures, or even that the fan vote figure would be guaranteed in the set. Plus, all the question asks is for people to "add which minifigures they would like to see included", and as such there's a honestly a fair chance Mace and the Clone Commander could honestly have gotten more votes than Cody, since they in the film the set was based on.  Also, I'm like 90% sure neither of those figures were already in production in February of 2020 when they announced that the gunship won. And sure, they didn't announce the figures themselves then, but given that it was a full two years before the other two sets...I think it's more likely that clone commander and Mace Windu were placed into those sets due to them being in the gunship than the other way around. This really doesn't make much sense when you think about it, and what's your point, anyway? That lego might not have put the top fan voted figure in the set, which they never said they would do?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Well, yeah, but lego never claimed that those were the fan vote figures, or even that the fan vote figure would be guaranteed in the set.

You’re actually right about that, they never did officially claim they were the fan vote figures, I’d even say the fact it was never mentioned seems to imply they weren’t the fan vote figures too. That being said, I never meant for this to be a gunship figure rant as much as it was meant to be speculation about the AT-TE potentially being Utapau based instead of Geonosis based

37 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

I think that it was a vocal minority spurred on by Youtubers like MandRProductions, more than an actual demand for those characters. At the end of the day, It was unrealistic for anyone to expect such an absurd figure selection, with a character that wasn't even in the film they were trying to represent, and a figure of some random guy that appeared once in a set released 2 decades ago, and nowhere else.

43 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

I think that it was a vocal minority spurred on by Youtubers like MandRProductions, more than an actual demand for those characters. At the end of the day, It was unrealistic for anyone to expect such an absurd figure selection, with a character that wasn't even in the film they were trying to represent, and a figure of some random guy that appeared once in a set released 2 decades ago, and nowhere else.

But there’s still a demand for Cody and there’s also promobricks hinting at an Utapau AT-TE over a Geonosis one despite AotC’s 20th anniversary. There’s definitely speculation to be had over it and I think the gunship figure selection drama definitely has something to do with it if true. I also disagree with the idea that Cody isn’t actually in demand too, just because YOU don’t want phase 2 Cody doesn’t mean only MandR wants him. 

Probably not gonna talk further about the gunship anymore though, we’ve started to get a bit off topic with it

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

At the end of the day, It was unrealistic for anyone to expect such an absurd figure selection, with a character that wasn't even in the film they were trying to represent, and a figure of some random guy that appeared once in a set released 2 decades ago, and nowhere else.

Exactly. Expecting the Gunship to be based on anything other than AOTC was silly, and thinking a character TLG made up as what I assume was a cost-saving measure back in the day being included even more so :tongue:

I think a certain someone simply overestimated their influence :laugh_hard:

So I hope Cody is indeed included in the AT-TE just so people can finally stop complaining 

23 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

But there’s still a demand for Cody and there’s also promobricks hinting at an Utapau AT-TE over a Geonosis one despite AotC’s 20th anniversary.

I can't find such hints. Where exactly have you seen them on promobricks.de?

1 minute ago, Brickadeer said:

I can't find such hints. Where exactly have you seen them on promobricks.de?

They were on the promobricks instagram story a couple days ago. Nothing completely concrete but definitely hinting at it

Ok so here’s the deal. The AT-TE is Episode 3. It exists 100%. 

212th Troopers are back baby. 

Cody on the other hand, unknown. 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

I would laugh my megablocks off if he weren‘t included :laugh_hard: At this point, it‘d be high level trolling on TLG‘s part

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I would laugh my megablocks off if he weren‘t included :laugh_hard: At this point, it‘d be high level trolling on TLG‘s part

Honestly, as much as I want him, i wouldn’t even be mad if that happened. At that point it’s just funny, plus hey, updated 212th troppers aint bad to have either 

19 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Could be that one of the 212th troopers is Cody? Depends what the sources of the rumour are seeing, perhaps a vague description or very blurry/prelim image. For instance, I think I recall one of the figures in the Light Cruiser from last year being an unknown (I believe it was Cara Dune?).

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Could be that one of the 212th troopers is Cody? Depends what the sources of the rumour are seeing, perhaps a vague description or very blurry/prelim image. For instance, I think I recall one of the figures in the Light Cruiser from last year being an unknown (I believe it was Cara Dune?).

It could well be the 4 Clones rumoured, one is Cody. Speculation on my part, however, no more no less. 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I'm rather inclined to believe you here, but where was it confirmed? I haven't seen it come back since the couple days it was floating around IG.

Also, I think if Cody isn't in it, it would be hilarious, but I may just switch to being a Mandr stan if that happened.

Good grief people. Is it possible one of the figures could be Cody? Sure, it's technically possible. It's just as possible it's literally any other Star Wars character. But until we have more concrete evidence than a "leaker" who has repeatedly lied, I would really recommend not getting your hopes up. Getting carried away in discussion and treating it like it's confirmed is only going to lead to more fake confirmations and eventual disappointment.