MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

PromoBricks posted another clip in their Instagram story today: A picture of customised Obi-Wan and 212th Clone Minifigs, with General Grievous’ theme as the audio. To me, this is a hint that the AT-TE will be a RotS Utapau set. 

20 hours ago, necrochasm said:

If the cody leak is real, I'm gonna assume his helmet's a new mold in a similar fashion to the gar saxon mando helmet we got last year, and if we get any obscure named clones later, it's gonna be ones that use that mold like thorn or something

Vaughn would be the easiest to do, since he only needs a new helmet and torso print, and if the helmet is dual-moulded, it would allow LEGO to keep the white/orange moulding. 

36 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

PromoBricks posted another clip in their Instagram story today: A picture of customised Obi-Wan and 212th Clone Minifigs, with General Grievous’ theme as the audio. To me, this is a hint that the AT-TE will be a RotS Utapau set. 

Vaughn would be the easiest to do, since he only needs a new helmet and torso print, and if the helmet is dual-moulded, it would allow LEGO to keep the white/orange moulding. 

Yeah, they're clearly hinting at that now. I though the original hint was kind of vague, but that's a lot more clear.

Vaughn would be easy, though I hope they would use a more reddish orange. The 33nd trooper is too orange right now IMO.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, they're clearly hinting at that now. I though the original hint was kind of vague, but that's a lot more clear.

I just realised that the screenshot that PromoBricks used in their video today is of a post made by a PromoBricks editor. Cody is still TBD, but I think that this is basically confirmation that the AT-TE will include 212th Clones. 

Vaughn would be easy, though I hope they would use a more reddish orange. The 33nd trooper is too orange right now IMO.

Dark Orange, perhaps? 🤔

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Vaughn is definitely the first one that comes to mind. If they were to do, say, a clone wars based Gunship in the future, they're DEFINITELY throwing Vaughn into that.

Thorn or a P2 Fox I could easily see them doing if they decide to make a set with the Coruscant guard in it. I doubt we'll ever see Doom, but if they ever wanted to bring back May the 4th minifigs, Doom would be perfect. Lego would also totally just make unnamed clone commanders with a regular white helmet and a black visor lets be real lol

34 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just realised that the screenshot that PromoBricks used in their video today is of a post made by a PromoBricks editor. Cody is still TBD, but I think that this is basically confirmation that the AT-TE will include 212th Clones. 

Dark Orange, perhaps? 🤔

Yeah, I don't think they've done anything specifically implying cody. That ROTS shot is, in retrospect, pretty clearly meant to show that they learned the AT-TE was utapau based, not geonosis based.

Honestly even like a salmon or coral. The 332nd faces look much closer to red than orange IMO.

6 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

Vaughn is definitely the first one that comes to mind. If they were to do, say, a clone wars based Gunship in the future, they're DEFINITELY throwing Vaughn into that.

Thorn or a P2 Fox I could easily see them doing if they decide to make a set with the Coruscant guard in it. I doubt we'll ever see Doom, but if they ever wanted to bring back May the 4th minifigs, Doom would be perfect. Lego would also totally just make unnamed clone commanders with a regular white helmet and a black visor lets be real lol

At the risk of getting into wishlisting, since we don't even know if Cody's in the AT-TE...

I think Vaughn could even be in an accessory pack if they continue with those, since he'd require only 2 new prints (one if they want to be stingy). I also think that more minor characters like Doom (and sadly thorn) are definately not coming anytime soon, but I could see a standard CC, p2 fox, etc.

39 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

So, any thoughts on the UCS Nebulon B prototype (or finished model?) spotted at LEGO headquarters in Billund today? Here's the link to the Holo Brick Archives article for those interested:

https://www.holobrickarchive.com/2022/04/does-lego-have-a-ucs-medical-frigate-ready-to-go/

I'm pretty sure they expected the Nebulon to win, so they had at least a prototype model done. This could be a new model, but its not exactly proof of anything imo.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

So, any thoughts on the UCS Nebulon B prototype (or finished model?) spotted at LEGO headquarters in Billund today? Here's the link to the Holo Brick Archives article for those interested:

https://www.holobrickarchive.com/2022/04/does-lego-have-a-ucs-medical-frigate-ready-to-go/

Just backs up all the theories of Lego expecting a Nebulon win. If phase II Cody actually ends up in the AT-TE, it also backs my theory of the Gunship's bad figure selection being a product of a short development period. wouldn't be shocked if this ends up being the $530 set either, considering the thing seems to be pretty much complete 

47 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I'm pretty sure they expected the Nebulon to win, so they had at least a prototype model done. This could be a new model, but its not exactly proof of anything imo.

So, Holo Bricks Archives posted on their instagram it's a moc, not an actual LEGO designed model or even a prototype. Oh well. Move along.

4 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Pretty sure the designers already confirmed they had draft models for all 3 options in the UCS fan poll. 

3 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Pretty sure the designers already confirmed they had draft models for all 3 options in the UCS fan poll. 

Yup, although ironically, that particular one is a MOC. I still think we'll see the nebbie eventually, especially given that it always seemed pretty close between it and the gunship. (Maybe not the bomber though. I think I saw one person on this forum that wanted it, and no one on any social media. I could just not have been looking in the right places, but it doesn't seem like there was any real demand)

This seems extremely unlikely but there was a guy in the comments of Falconfan's Instagram post about the May 4th promo (not sure if anyone discussed this either, but Falconfan said there might be the AT-ST polybag as the $40 promo, Blue Milk Luke for $70, and an unknown one for $160) claiming that the last promo is a Lars homestead kitchen scene with an "unknown minifigure" which i assume would probably be Beru. 

Now, I don't really put stock into it because it's some random guy saying it, but I'm very curious what this promo should be.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, hasn't it been usually one promo for spending either $75 or $100, and that's it?  So I'd assume that the $160 has to be decently large, right?

Yup, although ironically, that particular one is a MOC. I still think we'll see the nebbie eventually, especially given that it always seemed pretty close between it and the gunship. (Maybe not the bomber though. I think I saw one person on this forum that wanted it, and no one on any social media. I could just not have been looking in the right places, but it doesn't seem like there was any real demand)

Yeah I didn't see much interest in the UCS Bomber either. It's always seemed to me that most of the demand for a Tie Bomber is specifically for a minifig-scale model, though even then it's hardly the most requested ship. 

4 hours ago, Meadius said:

Yeah I didn't see much interest in the UCS Bomber either. It's always seemed to me that most of the demand for a Tie Bomber is specifically for a minifig-scale model, though even then it's hardly the most requested ship. 

I'd much prefer a UCS bomber over a Nebulon B or that silly UCS landspeeder which everyone liked to joke about until it actually happened for real. But I'll admit I'm somewhat biased as I already have several UCS fighters/bombers.

In my opinion, the TIE Bomber is actually the most interesting OT ship that hasn't been made as a UCS set yet. More interesting than Landspeeder, Nebulon-B, GR-75 Medium Transport, Home One, or Jabba's Sail Barge.

None of these is as interesting as the average PT ship though!

Edited by Graupensuppe

1 hour ago, necrochasm said:

Anyone see the blurry landspeeder pic on instagram? Looks pretty decent if real

I saw it. The picture quality is to poor for any detailed scrutiny but the overall shaping looks nice. I wonder how the'll address the windshield. Could they somehow use this recently introduced new piece?

10 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

This seems extremely unlikely but there was a guy in the comments of Falconfan's Instagram post about the May 4th promo (not sure if anyone discussed this either, but Falconfan said there might be the AT-ST polybag as the $40 promo, Blue Milk Luke for $70, and an unknown one for $160) claiming that the last promo is a Lars homestead kitchen scene with an "unknown minifigure" which i assume would probably be Beru. 

Now, I don't really put stock into it because it's some random guy saying it, but I'm very curious what this promo should be.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, hasn't it been usually one promo for spending either $75 or $100, and that's it?  So I'd assume that the $160 has to be decently large, right?

I think you're right in that the commenter is fake, but you do bring up an interesting point about the $160 one. It could just be that the final promo was bumped up because of the other two, but it's always possible that it's something bigger. That said, there was a huge easter promo a few weeks ago for spending like $50, so they might correlate size of promo to spending threshold all that much.

10 hours ago, Meadius said:

Yeah I think this is accurate.  A fair amount of people want system bombers and interceptors (I even went and made my own), but not many people want UCS ones. Honestly I think it was the same for the gunship. Most people would probably rather have had a system one (in fact there were a lot of voters that seemed to be laboring under the misconception that the UCS one would come with a number of clone figures more in line with a system set than a UCS one)

5 hours ago, 1340cc said:

I'd much prefer a UCS bomber over a Nebulon B or that silly UCS landspeeder which everyone liked to joke about until it actually happened for real. But I'll admit I'm somewhat biased as I already have several UCS fighters/bombers.

I understand the landspeeder. It might not be the most interesting, but it's one of the most iconic vehicles in star wars. In a way, it's weird we haven't gotten it yet.

I guess this summer is the season of Obi Wan, with 2 sets based off of the show, 1 Jedi Starfighter, and 1 Utapau AT-TE...

First of all, I'm really surprised at how quiet the thread has been, considering we have legitimate reason to discuss the possibility of a Phase 2 Cody--I would have expected at least three pages of discussion and at least one mod intervention. It's not necessarily bad, but it seems unusual.

Secondly, is the AT-TE 160$ or 130$? I looked at JediJacPenguin's list for it and his website says 130$, but I have heard 160$ quite a fair bit. 

9 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I guess this summer is the season of Obi Wan, with 2 sets based off of the show, 1 Jedi Starfighter, and 1 Utapau AT-TE...

With Obi-Wan being my favorite SW character ever, that sounds very good :excited:
Assuming the AT-TE thing is true, of course. But, regardless, a new Delta-7 Aethersprite with a big possibility of including a Kaminoan is definitely what I'm looking forward the most, for the moment.

@Brickroll I think people are being cautious and not getting their hopes up for a Phase II Commander Cody :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

10 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

First of all, I'm really surprised at how quiet the thread has been, considering we have legitimate reason to discuss the possibility of a Phase 2 Cody--

@CF Mitch is right, after all the fake rumours we've had to endure the last few months people have gotten a lot more cautious. I'm also not buying into this too much unless we get proper confirmation :tongue: Kinda sounds too good to be true

Hopefully not veering into the realm of wishlisting on this, but I would be surprised if they went out of their way to make this set Utapau/ROTS-based when the walker's most notable appearance was in Attack of the Clones (especially when the Clone Command Center is on shelves and we have Kenobi's Delta 7-A coming) and not have Cody in the set. I don't see what other motivation they could have to base it off that one scene. My theory is that this was originally supposed to be AOTC-based, but then Lego pivoted after fan outcry for Phase 2 Cody hit a boiling point. Could be wrong of course and it could just include Obi-Wan and two 212th troopers, but what would be the point when they could have just based it on AOTC? 

9 minutes ago, Willsy said:

My theory is that this was originally supposed to be AOTC-based, but then Lego pivoted after fan outcry for Phase 2 Cody hit a boiling point. Could be wrong of course and it could just include Obi-Wan and two 212th troopers, but what would be the point when they could have just based it on AOTC? 

This. They probably only had time to change minifigures which is why a Dwarf Spider Droid could be in it despite not being present. If P2 Cody was to be in a set this is it. 

Edited by Gontron

11 hours ago, necrochasm said:

Anyone see the blurry landspeeder pic on instagram? Looks pretty decent if real

I have been looking in all the usual

spots for this for a few hours now. No luck. Pm where it was posted please? I would have thought it would have spread like wildfire since you posted