MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

But this was just a clip from an Instagram story, it's not a confirmation unless they flat out say so.

I saw it - While not a confirmation, I am not sure why a reliable source would post an edited clip that suggests that we are getting a RotS AT-TE rather than an AotC one, unless they actually have evidence to that end. 

59 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I was under the impression that they had played around with Harry Potter news in the past (I don't know for sure). But this was just a clip from an Instagram story, it's not a confirmation unless they flat out say so.

When the news for the HP sets was coming out, they made a meme depicting the Harry Potter Eurobricks page as Sirius Black, and I think there were a few more things. In this case, it's a little different and feels a little bit hint-y, but it might just be a random kind of funny shot.

11 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

When the news for the HP sets was coming out, they made a meme depicting the Harry Potter Eurobricks page as Sirius Black, and I think there were a few more things.

I did not see it - Was that this year? If so, it would be rather apt, since we are getting Sirius Black in multiple sets. 

Also, another thought about the AT-TE: In TCW, we see both an AT-TE and a Dwarf Spider Droid on Yerbana shortly before RotS begins. Additionally, since the Minifig lineup for a Yerbana set would be largely the same as for an Utapau set (Obi-Wan, Cody, 212th Troopers), it could be mistaken for RotS. 

30 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I did not see it - Was that this year? If so, it would be rather apt, since we are getting Sirius Black in multiple sets. 

Also, another thought about the AT-TE: In TCW, we see both an AT-TE and a Dwarf Spider Droid on Yerbana shortly before RotS begins. Additionally, since the Minifig lineup for a Yerbana set would be largely the same as for an Utapau set (Obi-Wan, Cody, 212th Troopers), it could be mistaken for RotS. 

That would make sense, maybe we could also get Anakin in the set as well

24 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

That would make sense, maybe we could also get Anakin in the set as well

I actually hope that we do not get Anakin in this set, since previous AT-TEs have only included five Minifigs (though we might get more this time, since LEGO seems to be counting Battle Droids as less than an entire Minifig lately). With five full Minifig slots, we could get Obi-Wan (if the set is based on Yerbana, LEGO may reuse the scorched robe print), Cody, two standard 212th Troopers, and one 212th Airborne Trooper. Anakin can appear in any number of other sets, so his inclusion in the AT-TE would be a waste of space, IMO.  

I'm honestly cool either way if it's an AOTC or ROTS (or Battle of Yerbana) AT-TE. AOTC is what I was calling since it lines up with Lego doing their last System-scale walker to coincide with an anniversary, and it'd go well with the Phase One Clone pack, but a model with ROTS figures would probably be preferable to me. I like Phase Two Clones way more and it could finally get people to shut up about Commander Cody. 

Edited by The Stud

44 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I'm honestly cool either way if it's an AOTC or ROTS (or Battle of Yerbana) AT-TE. AOTC is what I was calling since it lines up with Lego doing their last System-scale walker to coincide with an anniversary, and it'd go well with the Phase One Clone pack, but a model with ROTS figures would probably be preferable to me. I like Phase Two Clones way more and it could finally get people to shut up about Commander Cody. 

I got tired of waiting and made my own AT-TE, and then spent like $100 on parts to build it, so if the AT-TE does come out this summer and has p2 212th and p2 cody, I will be kicking myself in the head, but I do think it would be cool. That said I also agree that the AOTC AT-TE is more likely.

44 minutes ago, The Stud said:

it lines up with Lego doing their last System-scale walker to coincide with an anniversary, 

Sorry to qoute you for this, since a ton of people do it and I'm guilty of it myself, but this fake pattern thing is really starting to get on my nerves. There are a few more clear patterns that I think hold some water (we generally don't get a playscale version of a ship while the UCS one is on shelves), but I've seen a ton of crazy ones like this. To use this one, I am 99% confident that lego is not making system scale walkers specifically to coincide with film anniversaries. The set could be AOTC, but I don't think that there is any intentional pattern between walker releases and anniversaries. one of the weirder ones, though I can't find it, was one about how in 2008, we had an AT-TE, republic fighter tank, and gunship, so therefore we're getting all three this summer.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I got tired of waiting and made my own AT-TE, and then spent like $100 on parts to build it, so if the AT-TE does come out this summer and has p2 212th and p2 cody, I will be kicking myself in the head, but I do think it would be cool. That said I also agree that the AT-TE is more likely.

Sorry to qoute you for this, since a ton of people do it and I'm guilty of it myself, but this fake pattern thing is really starting to get on my nerves. There are a few more clear patterns that I think hold some water (we generally don't get a playscale version of a ship while the UCS one is on shelves), but I've seen a ton of crazy ones like this. To use this one, I am 99% confident that lego is not making system scale walkers specifically to coincide with film anniversaries. The set could be AOTC, but I don't think that there is any intentional pattern between walker releases and anniversaries. one of the weirder ones, though I can't find it, was one about how in 2008, we had an AT-TE, republic fighter tank, and gunship, so therefore we're getting all three this summer.

Yeah, I don't think there's an intentional pattern. I just thought it would have been an interesting parallel with what Lego did for the 2020 AT-AT and I figured that that's what Lego was going for since I didn't think a TCW or ROTS would be as likely. Thinking more about the demand for Commander Cody has made me change my stance on that though. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter though and most of these anniversaries are kinda arbitrary. 

If this really is a ROTS AT-TE walker as speculated, I do still hope we get more AOTC coverage over the next few years. Throwing in Geonosis Duel and Bounty Hunter Pursuit remakes into a random wave would be enough to satisfy me.

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Has PromoBricks made joke/troll posts before, though? I was under the impression that they are consistently reliable. 😕

With the latest Harry Potter wave they kept posting memes and pictures that alluded to a remake of the Shrieking Shack with Sirius Black and Lupin, which was highly desired by fans of the theme. They did put in some effort to mess around with us :cry_happy:

19 minutes ago, Jazzahh said:

With the latest Harry Potter wave they kept posting memes and pictures that alluded to a remake of the Shrieking Shack with Sirius Black and Lupin, which was highly desired by fans of the theme. They did put in some effort to mess around with us :cry_happy:

We are getting precisely this, which lends more credibility to the AT-TE clip. 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We are getting precisely this, which lends more credibility to the AT-TE clip. 

Maybe we'll get more teasers from them? There is still plenty we don't know about the summer sets and their minifigure rosters.

I would also say that getting a Delta 7 doesn't necessarily confirm that the AT-TE is AOTC based. It's easy to connect those dots, but we didn't get another Hoth set alongside the latest playset scale AT-AT, those came quite a bit later. We'll find out soon enough, but with recent fan outcry for Cody, it wouldn't shock me if this turned out to be a Sith-based set with him included (not that I'm getting my hopes up, could be a Clone Wars-based set for all we know). 

Edited by Willsy

8 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

A UCS Razor Crest is unlikely to seperate me from my money. A new MBS set on the other hand…

Yeah this is where I’m at, like I’ll be sad if it’s actually the UCS Razor Crest, but at least I can save $530

Kinda hoping the episode 3 utapau AT-TE is real, considering it and the gunship are almost always geonosis based. Phase 2’s in an AT-TE sounds great

Someone in one of the Facebook groups has shared a photo of a Lego VIP Beskar ingot keychain that is for sale at a Belgian market place platform. It seems to be produced by RDP, which is a company that creates promotional goods and has worked with Lego before (a.o. on the Han Solo VIP keychain). It looks pretty cool and could potentially be the GWP for May the Fourth. As of yet, it’s not something anyone recognizes and I can’t find anything similar. It also has a production stamp referring to 3-22 (so March 2022). Thought I’d give you guys a heads up!

Edited by Jazzahh

24 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

Hopefully if it is 3 LEGO can finally stop dodging doing the commanders that have accessories they are known for (Bly,Cody,Bacara etc)

I get that cody is long overdue, but Bly and Bacara? They're onscreen for a couple seconds at most. Sure, it'd be great to have them, but there's not a ton of sets they could fit into.

That would be a cool promo if it wasn’t May 4. Better be something better in the works or this will be one of the more disappointing offerings imo.

Just now, KevinMD said:

That would be a cool promo if it wasn’t May 4. Better be something better in the works or this will be one of the more disappointing offerings imo.

Yeah, I think it'd be nice to get an actual new figure or a build of some sort. I'm not usually super demanding that if the promo isn't xyz figure it'll be a horrible promo, but a keychain really isn't lego. You can barely take them apart.

Yeah true, I am also hoping for a minifig or something. Perhaps this will be some kind of gift you can exchange VIP points for. Anyway, we’ll probably hear soon enough. I do have to admit it looks pretty cool; can I share the photos here or would that go against the rules?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I get that cody is long overdue, but Bly and Bacara? They're onscreen for a couple seconds at most. Sure, it'd be great to have them, but there's not a ton of sets they could fit into.

Yeah I don't think Lego is rushing to make new molds for them. If the cody leak is real, I'm gonna assume his helmet's a new mold in a similar fashion to the gar saxon mando helmet we got last year, and if we get any obscure named clones later, it's gonna be ones that use that mold like thorn or something over a completely new one for someone like bacara

4 hours ago, necrochasm said:

Yeah I don't think Lego is rushing to make new molds for them. If the cody leak is real, I'm gonna assume his helmet's a new mold in a similar fashion to the gar saxon mando helmet we got last year, and if we get any obscure named clones later, it's gonna be ones that use that mold like thorn or something over a completely new one for someone like bacara

Yeah, Bacara seems unlikely to me (as cool as he is). I think if Cody comes out, we'll see a rash of CCs with that helmet in the future as "justification" for the mold, so to speak. 

That beskar leaked image...I don't know, guys. It could be the VIP thing (which means we still have the may the fourth promo coming), but it looks A LOT like it's been 3-d printed to me. Hell, we've seen better quality leaks like this for the force ghost and landspeeder windscreen, and those were both fakes.

9 hours ago, legopriph said:

Yeah this is where I’m at, like I’ll be sad if it’s actually the UCS Razor Crest, but at least I can save $530

I would be surprised as well. I think the system scale captured the popularity at it's peak, I eventually upgraded it to Jerac's version. And now Mando has another ship anyway. $530 for a ship that is not going to be as iconic as the Falcon, SD, or AT-AT which are all above that price range, and have 40+ years of fandom to cash in on the nostalgia. Now if Mando kept the same ship throughout it's run, and you dropped a UCS a few years from now, maybe that would be different. 

As much as I love the ship, I don't think it would do well?