MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Never really considered the AT-TE being based off ROTS instead of AOTC, but it works. Its a perfect opportunity to update the 212th Clones to the new style, ditch the scorch marks on Obi-Wan and finally release a Phase II Cody. Possibly Tion Meddon as well.

I'm skeptical on the next D2C being the Razor Crest given the number of fake rumors lately. It would be disappointing to get another UCS set when we're due for a new MBS set, although one benefit would be potentially getting a Kuiil minifigure.

6 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Lego really does hate AOTC don't they.

We’re still getting Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter possibly with a Kaminoan so that would be pretty big IMO

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Maybe it’s a Blue Jedi interceptor too and it has a third figure which was Tion Medon. 

I'd much rather see that. The last Delta-7 was released in 2017. We haven't had Obi-Wan's blue Eta-2 since 2007! This would be an opportunity to include Tion Medon or a Magnaguard. 

Ha! I knew the AT-TE didn’t have to be based on AOTC :laugh: If this is true, I hope for Boga to be included! Kinda dark since that would make it an Order 66 set, but still :tongue:

If it is ROTS based, they gotta give us Cody, it would be pretty painful to get a Utapau based AT-TE with no Cody. (Though it would honestly still be a buy with 212th clones :laugh: )

I thought this set was meant to include a dwarf spider droid. Were they on Utapau in the movies? If not, I suppose promobricks could have mistaken a theoretical crab droid(as mentioned above) for a spider droid.

8 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

I thought this set was meant to include a dwarf spider droid. Were they on Utapau in the movies? If not, I suppose promobricks could have mistaken a theoretical crab droid(as mentioned above) for a spider droid.

I was thinking the same thing :laugh: I was a bit meh on this set before, but this hint changes everything. They could reasonably include 212th troopers, Cody, Boga, a crab droid, Tion Medon, and/or Magna Guards :wub: Of course they’d never do all of that in a single set, but the possibilities are exciting!

15 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

No, but that’s not very meaningful. The last one we got was in a Kashyyyk set and they weren’t there either. 

2 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, but that’s not very meaningful. The last one we got was in a Kashyyyk set and they weren’t there either. 

Wasn't there one in ROTS seen coming our of the water? Dwarf spider droid, I mean. 
Dwarf spider droid (Canon) | Wiki | Star Wars Amino

4 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

They were on Kashyyyk. Look in the bottom right of this image.kashyyyk-1-retina_39c564c6.thumb.jpeg.e59601bc490777c76b0982e00c8cb1cc.jpeg

Edited by CodFather1
The post above did not appear before I posted.

Crab droids! Varactyls! Dactillions! Phase 2 Cody! Tion Medon! Pau'an officials! Pau'an warriors! Utai mechanics! MagnaGuards! So many exciting possibilites.

31 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

They were on Kashyyyk. Look in the bottom right of this image.

They were at Kashyyyk but did they show up on Utapau? I hope the dwarf spider droid rumor is just a mistaken crab droid, we've never gotten one before. Knowing Lego though I wouldn't be surprised they added the dwarf droid into a location where we never saw them present (Utapau), I normally wouldn't care but I would much prefer a crab droid in this case.

Getting an AT TE was already cool but it just got way more interesting. Hoping for MagnaGuards and Cody!

Guys, let's curtail on the speculation. As we know, people are incapable of reading and will take it as confirmation. Loads of possibilities, I certainly agree, and am excited to consider them, however we will all be in the bad books and told to sit on the naughty step if we don't stop. 

3 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Let the Phase 2 Cody speculation commence ... or recommence ... or just continue unabated ...

:grin: :grin: 

Aside from that, it might become a very nice set. As others mentioned, it would be great if it included a crab droid, I've always wanted one :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

If this is a RotS-based AT-TE, are we certain that it will be based on the Utapau scenes? That would make the most sense, given the popularity of the 212th/Cody/Obi-Wan. That said, after the 187th’s appearance in the Republic Fighter Tank, I am not sure that we can rule anything out at this point. The other appearance of an AT-TE in RotS is on Felucia with Aayla Secura and the 327th; as we have not gotten a Star Corps Trooper since 7655 in 2007, they are very much overdue for a remake! Bly poses the same issue as Cody with regard to moulds, however, since he has macrobinoculars on his helmet (which would need 1-2 new moulds, just like Cody and his visor), but if LEGO intends to give us prominent P2 Clones in future sets (e.g. Rex, Cody, Wolfe, Fox, Bly, etc), they are going to need to make a new P2 helmet with attachment-points and a new ARC gear pack (visor, rangefinder, macrobinoculars). 

Damnit, you're right, there's Aayla and Bly on Felucia as well.
Oh, man, the possibilities :drool: :cry_happy:

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, HatBricks said:

Promobricks posted a clip to their story on instagram that seems to imply that the summer AT-TE is from Episode III instead of Episode II

The clip shows the scene of Commander Cody ordering an AT TE to fire on Obi-Wan, however it cuts to an episode II AT-TE on geonosis blowing up.

To me, the clip clearly implies their saying our AT-TE will be episode III based, but it remains to be seen if this is a confirmation, just a rumor they're teasing or they're playing around having some fun. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think it's a fair assumption. We'll have to wait and see, but I suspect they're well aware of the message it sends.

It could be, but let's not get excited (or disappointed? I feel like most people prefer ROTS and P2 clones, but there's got to be some people out there who just wanted a geonosis AT-TE) just yet. The concept of the AT-TE blowing up is what confuses me. Is it just a meme? Is it saying that their rumor "blew up" and it isn't coming this summer? I definately wouldn't take this as any solid evidence of what film the set is from until they clarify.

3 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Let the Phase 2 Cody speculation commence ... or recommence ... or just continue unabated ...

It never stops. And once we get P2 cody, they will move on to a new rex. It will never end. 

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Lego really does hate AOTC don't they.

I don't think lego actually puts the designer's film preferences into which sets they make at all. My guess is that they've decided ROTS seems to sell better/p2 clones sell better/there's demand for p2 cody, and as such they're making the set ROTS based.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ha! I knew the AT-TE didn’t have to be based on AOTC :laugh: If this is true, I hope for Boga to be included! Kinda dark since that would make it an Order 66 set, but still :tongue:

That could be cool. If the set is EP3 based and there's boga, I hope they use the head from harry potter (The one they used for the fantastic beasts suitcase creatures and the hungarian horntail). I don't want a fully molded boga, but I don't think a fully brick-built head would work great either.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I'm pretty sure they were. And not just "they're in the background of x scene for 0.2 seconds", IIRC there's a shot or two directly of the dwarf spider droids.

53 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

They were at Kashyyyk but did they show up on Utapau? I hope the dwarf spider droid rumor is just a mistaken crab droid, we've never gotten one before. Knowing Lego though I wouldn't be surprised they added the dwarf droid into a location where we never saw them present (Utapau), I normally wouldn't care but I would much prefer a crab droid in this case.

Getting an AT TE was already cool but it just got way more interesting. Hoping for MagnaGuards and Cody!

Wookiepedia doesn't list them as combatants on Utapau, and they even list sniper droidikas, so I'm gonna say that they definately weren't there. Wouldn't be out of the question for them to put it in anyway, though again we don't know that promobricks was even trying to imply the set was ep3 based. 

I just thought of something else; the least likely option, but also the easiest to do mould-wise: The 41st on Kaller. While the Order 66 scene there is shown in TBB, not RotS, we do see non-camouflage 41st Troopers at the Jedi Temple in RotS, and since the events happen concurrently with RotS (obviously), it fits - from a certain point of view. As for moulds, Captain Grey has no helmet attachments, so he would be easier to make than either Cody or Bly, and while Depa Billaba would need a new mould for her hair, that can be avoided by just giving her the hood that she wears for part of the battle. Prints would be fairly easy as well, since despite Grey needing a new printed helmet, torso, legs, and pauldron, the rest of the Clones that we see on Kaller are P2 Shinies, who would only need a new helmet print (since they can reuse the torso and legs from the Clone accessory pack). For Depa, I can see LEGO just reusing Mace Windu’s legs, so she would only need new torso and head prints. 🤔

While I do think Promo Bricks is pretty clearly implying something, it doesn't mean that it's something that's actually happening cause they could just be making a joke. I agree with others that it's probably best to wait for a concrete statement before getting too deep into the speculations/hopes. We'll know for sure eventually.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, The_Chosen_1 said:

Personally, I'm hoping any rumors of a ship aren't true, as I'm hoping for another MBS set.

At the rumored $530 price point, we could finally get something many fans have clamored for, like the Jedi Temple or Geonosis Arena.

Don't Give Me Hope | Know Your Meme

13 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

While I do think Promo Bricks is pretty clearly implying something, it doesn't mean that it's something that's actually happening cause they could just be making a joke. 

Has PromoBricks made joke/troll posts before, though? I was under the impression that they are consistently reliable. 😕

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Has PromoBricks made joke/troll posts before, though? I was under the impression that they are consistently reliable. 😕

I was under the impression that they had played around with Harry Potter news in the past (I don't know for sure). But this was just a clip from an Instagram story, it's not a confirmation unless they flat out say so.