MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

When you say Republic Studs rumored it do you mean he is claiming to be the source of the rumor himself or is he just sharing something he heard? I would never trust a youtuber's rumor video as a "source" (especially from a M&R copycat channel), youtuber's like to cling on to any potential rumor or image so they can make a video about it, regardless if the rumor has any real merit to it.

He seemed to phrase it has having heard it from someone. 

Even beyond any anything about him talking about the rumor, I have heard that it is likely from a couple of ends, but it's definitely not 100% definite. 

Personally, I'm hoping any rumors of a ship aren't true, as I'm hoping for another MBS set.

At the rumored $530 price point, we could finally get something many fans have clamored for, like the Jedi Temple or Geonosis Arena.

20 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Personally, I'm hoping any rumors of a ship aren't true, as I'm hoping for another MBS set.

At the rumored $530 price point, we could finally get something many fans have clamored for, like the Jedi Temple or Geonosis Arena.

I really hope it’s a MBS or a minifig-scale UCS set with a bunch of minifigures (cough*Jabba’s Sail Barge*cough). I think I’d probably buy any MBS set other than if it were Hoth.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

I'll remain skeptical until we hear what Promobricks has to say about the rumor, but I at least quite like the idea of such a set.

I do like the idea of getting D2C sets based on the Disney plus shows. So I'd be pretty excited if that was something we're getting.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It seems a weird choice to give us a UCS of that ship now since it’s not featured in the show anymore, but anyway if this turns out to be true that’s a $530 I can keep in my pocket then :shrug_confused:

Just giving this some thought and random logical analysis.   We don't know where the Mandalorian season 3 is going to go.  We know about his new starfighter, but does he get a new Razor Crest in the series?  If so, then maybe a UCS Razor Crest may make sense.  But for right now, I tend to agree with most folks that it is too new of an item and a bit outside of what they normally do for these types of sets.  Of course maybe it could be a two ships in one  Razor Crest and Slave 1 Bobba Fett's Firespray Starship.

In all seriousness given the high focus on Hoth in the latest releases, Endor would make sense to me as simply moving to the next location.  However, they could do something out of left field (Starkiller Base).  Though at this price point it would likely have to be something that is iconic, which leads me away from it being the Jedi Temple, Geonosis, or Yavin 4. (All to big to do them justice at this price).   So what iconic locals are left that can be done well at this price assuming it is MBS?  Death Star (been done 2x before), Lars Homestead, Sail Barge and Sarlac Pit, Dagobah (unlikely as we just got the diorama), Endor bunker (maybe) or Ewok Village.  There really aren't that many iconic locations that work well, and haven't been done recently.  

Just my 2 cents worth. 

Besides being iconic it has to be able to have a build that can carry the $530 price tag that is way higher than the Cantina, Hoth and Cloud City we have had. This would eliminate things like the Geonosis Arena or Lars Homestead Imo.

13 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I know that I am new here, but this just sounds like another USC Imperial Shuttle scenario, which was rumoured before the Cantina. I don't believe this for a second.

eh, I think it's a plausible idea, it actually seems like something lego would make. I find the fake leaks usually either play it way too safe (like the shuttle or DSII leaks) or are complete wishful thinking from prequel fans (playscale gunship rumor)  but here, I could easily see the ucs razor crest being a thing in development since around 2020 when it was at it's peak popularity banking off the hype. That being said tho, no real reliable leakers backing this one up and we're overdue for a MBS set. Could be a similar case to the fighter tank, but I'm definitely not holding my breath on it

1 hour ago, necrochasm said:

eh, I think it's a plausible idea, it actually seems like something lego would make. I find the fake leaks usually either play it way too safe (like the shuttle or DSII leaks) or are complete wishful thinking from prequel fans (playscale gunship rumor)  but here, I could easily see the ucs razor crest being a thing in development since around 2020 when it was at it's peak popularity banking off the hype. That being said tho, no real reliable leakers backing this one up and we're overdue for a MBS set. Could be a similar case to the fighter tank, but I'm definitely not holding my breath on it

It doesn't sound plausible at all, there is no way Lego would take the risk of producing the 4th most expensive Star Wars set of all time and have it be something that isn't even from a movie. I know that the Mandalorian is popular, but it isn't so popular that lego would produce a $530 set based on it.

8 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

It doesn't sound plausible at all, there is no way Lego would take the risk of producing the 4th most expensive Star Wars set of all time and have it be something that isn't even from a movie. I know that the Mandalorian is popular, but it isn't so popular that lego would produce a $530 set based on it.

eh, I’d argue if anything that isn’t the OT warrants a big set, it’d be Mando for sure. I think it has more general public appeal than the prequel and sequel trilogy have, so them making a UCS set off it it wouldn’t shock me

That being said as far as the $530 price point options go I’d say basically everything short of a 2008 death star rehash is a bit of a risk to make, so the safe guess would probably be that

2 hours ago, necrochasm said:

eh, I’d argue if anything that isn’t the OT warrants a big set, it’d be Mando for sure. I think it has more general public appeal than the prequel and sequel trilogy have, so them making a UCS set off it it wouldn’t shock me

That being said as far as the $530 price point options go I’d say basically everything short of a 2008 death star rehash is a bit of a risk to make, so the safe guess would probably be that

The general public isn’t spending $530 on a Lego set. For UCS sets Original Trilogy is a safer bet, since on average older people have more disposable income, and people who didn’t grow up with Lego Star Wars on average don’t care about minifigure compatibility as much. The Mandalorian had a tonne of people watch it, but a lot of those people had never seen Star Wars before or were casual Star Wars fans before, so not even close to the UCS market. 

For UCS/MBS sets, the Sequel Trilogy isn’t much of an option, since nothing other than Maz’s Castle lends itself to being a MBS set, and nearly all of the ships are evolutions of OT vehicles. For the Prequels, the Jedi Temple is as big of a slam dunk as a non-OT MBS Set can get. Geonosis also works, but I think it would probably end up looking like Assault on Hoth with a bunch of smaller sections. There’s a bunch of prequel ships that are unique and prominent enough to warrant UCS Sets, but I guess it remains to be seen whether the Gunship’s sales have shown if UCS Sets are something that the market of people born after the 70s support.

I would have been extremely sceptical of this rumour if it weren’t for the materialisation of the Republic fighter tank, which also seemed fake, but when you consider that the Gunship was $350 and about the same size, it seems unlikely. It could be that the Razor Crest is a minifigure or chibi scaled model in an MBS, but no logical location seems iconic enough.

Edited by Stuartn

UCS Razor Crest seems incredibly likely to me given the pricepoint and size of the MOCs that are out there… also the window of opportunity to do the set while it’s still relevant is about to close. Will have to see how it pans out.

Is there a thread for discussing The Skywalker Saga?

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I would have been extremely sceptical of this rumour if it weren’t for the materialisation of the Republic fighter tank, which also seemed fake, but when you consider that the Gunship was $350 and about the same size, it seems unlikely. It could be that the Razor Crest is a minifigure or chibi scaled model in an MBS, but no logical location seems iconic enough.

You’re comparing chalk with cheese. 

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I would have been extremely sceptical of this rumour if it weren’t for the materialisation of the Republic fighter tank, which also seemed fake

see that’s the thing that gets me. It seems so fake and I still kinda think it is, but it’s also completely out of nowhere and, to me at least, feels like something current day lego would do. It doesn’t feel like the average extreme wishful thinking or play it safe with remakes type of fake rumour you’d normally see. The theoretical 2 year development time for this set if it’s real would also line up with the peak of the razor crest’s hype too. I want to say it’s fake, I’m about 75% sure it is, but it gives me the exact same vibe as the fighter tank rumour and look what happened there

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Is there a thread for discussing The Skywalker Saga?

The official thread is this one. Feel free to link your post back here if you want specific input.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:53 PM, LDigital said:

So the big $530 set is now rumoured to be a UCS Razor Crest

...was the source Codyleaks? They're very clearly a fake leaker and got called out by falconfan. They've even given a fake image of the decal plaque at this point.

44 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

...was the source Codyleaks? They're very clearly a fake leaker and got called out by falconfan. They've even given a fake image of the decal plaque at this point.

Codyleaks did post about it, yeah; he posted after a couple of other people posted about it though.

The thing is, the set is looking pretty legit on a couple of other ends. Not definite, but looking pretty likely. 

Was doing some random searching and found this

https://9to5toys.com/2021/12/11/lego-star-wars-summer-2022-report/ 

says rumored UCS set is Luke's Land Speeder, however the $530.00 set is listed as 75321, which is the Razor Crest Micro Fighter...

When does the official announcement released?

Good work picking that up, I wonder if this source is being used by some leakers to substantiate the Razor Crest UCS rumour, if so that probably negates its validity.

7 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Codyleaks did post about it, yeah; he posted after a couple of other people posted about it though.

The thing is, the set is looking pretty legit on a couple of other ends. Not definite, but looking pretty likely. 

UCS Razor Crest would not be my first choice for the next big set, but if it turns out to be the fall $530 set, I'm excited. Along with the Gunship, I think that speaks to LEGO's willingness to do large vehicles that aren't necessarily as iconic as something like a TIE-Fighter and might open the door even wider for more UCS sets outside the OT.

Promobricks posted a clip to their story on instagram that seems to imply that the summer AT-TE is from Episode III instead of Episode II

The clip shows the scene of Commander Cody ordering an AT TE to fire on Obi-Wan, however it cuts to an episode II AT-TE on geonosis blowing up.

To me, the clip clearly implies their saying our AT-TE will be episode III based, but it remains to be seen if this is a confirmation, just a rumor they're teasing or they're playing around having some fun. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think it's a fair assumption. We'll have to wait and see, but I suspect they're well aware of the message it sends.

Edited by HatBricks

31 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Promobricks posted a clip to their story on instagram that seems to imply that the summer AT-TE is from Episode III instead of Episode II

The clip shows the scene of Commander Cody ordering an AT TE to fire on Obi-Wan, however it cuts to an episode II AT-TE on geonosis blowing up.

To me, the clip clearly implies their saying our AT-TE will be episode III based, but it remains to be seen if this is a confirmation, just a rumor they're teasing or they're playing around having some fun. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think it's a fair assumption. We'll have to wait and see, but I suspect they're well aware of the message it sends.

Certainly seems that way. Maybe it’s a Blue Jedi interceptor too and it has a third figure which was Tion Medon. Clutching at straws but still. From that, ROTS AT-TE for sure. Makes sense considering we haven’t seen 212th troopers still.