MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Hmmm, it could just mean that customer service was lead to believe that the polybag isn’t going to be available elsewhere or they just don’t know that it’ll be released for May the 4th. Or maybe that particular region won’t be getting it?

That or Fulcrum just missed again. I wouldn’t worry yet though.

Yes that’s true, it will probably remain a Schrödingers Luke till May arrives :’)

Though if true, the licensing thing could be a real obstacle.

So the big $530 set is now rumoured to be a UCS Razor Crest

i wonder how it will compare to Jerac’s. I am imagining more studs for sure.
Having built Jerac’s I can’t see how Lego can even come close. It’s probably the single most impressive thing I have ever built from Lego. 
Saying that I’m sure I will end up getting it if true.

Edited by LDigital

4 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Having built Jerac’s I can’t see how Lego can even come close. It’s probably the single most impressive thing I have ever built from Lego. 

According to whom? That sounds like an absolute nightmare. 

16 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Wait, according to who? I haven't seen a single post about this aside from this one.

UCS Razor Crest was my wild card guess for the fall D2C this year, but yeah, I’ve seen nobody reliable even mention this yet. I’d love for it to be true though.

Might be total bs but It’s a fresh rumour found on r/legoleak they tend to be pretty spot on eventually

Edited by LDigital

I’ve seen the mutterings of this rumour, but nobody reliable has said anything. The fact they have not, could mean there’s something to it. 

Doesn‘t sound believable to me in the slightest. Not that the ship wouldn‘t deserve the UCS treatment, but that price point would be a bit much :tongue: A $300 one would be more appropriate IMO. And there‘s no reliable source attached to this rumour

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Doesn‘t sound believable to me in the slightest. Not that the ship wouldn‘t deserve the UCS treatment, but that price point would be a bit much :tongue: A $300 one would be more appropriate IMO. And there‘s no reliable source attached to this rumour

Exactly. $530 sounds absolutely insane for a Razor Crest UCS. I mean the Republic Gunship is 4 meters longer in universe, and it was absolutely massive at $350.

The Hasbro Razor Crest, which had to be crowdfunded (and was funded at the height of its popularity, before the ship was destroyed on the Mandalorian) only sold for $350. 

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

4 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Exactly. $530 sounds absolutely insane for a Razor Crest UCS. I mean the Republic Gunship is 4 meters longer in universe, and it was absolutely massive at $350.

The Hasbro Razor Crest, which had to be crowdfunded (and was funded at the height of its popularity, before the ship was destroyed on the Mandalorian) only sold for $350. 

To be fair, if they do it justice, it will have a full interior, etc., which will bump it up a lot from the gunship, which had just empty space. 

Jerac's is 4,888 pieces at minifig scale, so I guess $530 with the Star Wars tax isn't out of the question. This just feels way out of left field. Razor Crest would be worthy of UCS, but I'd have to think there's a few other ships higher on people's wishlists.

Personally, I really hope it's not true. I'd much rather have an MBS after two straight massive ships last year.

The r/legoleaks thread referenced above lists the rumor's source as "brickcatch.com", but a quick visit to their site has zero information on the 75331 page which would indicate the set is the Razor Crest. Zero trust in this rumor at the moment.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

to be fair the razor crest actually doesn't have a canon size and it’s calculated through the hasbro one and iirc the scale kinda looks off on it 

that being said, i have my doubts on this one. I HOPE it’s true, i’m not a big fan of MBS sets, but razor crest doesn’t seem that likely to me. Guess we’ll see where it goes

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Jerac's is 4,888 pieces at minifig scale, so I guess $530 with the Star Wars tax isn't out of the question. This just feels way out of left field. Razor Crest would be worthy of UCS, but I'd have to think there's a few other ships higher on people's wishlists.

Personally, I really hope it's not true. I'd much rather have an MBS after two straight massive ships last year.

The r/legoleaks thread referenced above lists the rumor's source as "brickcatch.com", but a quick visit to their site has zero information on the 75331 page which would indicate the set is the Razor Crest. Zero trust in this rumor at the moment.

Yeah this really sounds like BS (Bricks Seperated :wink:). Brickcatch isn't a leak site, and they aren't a site where it would realistically make sense for them to be the first to know what the D2C is anyway. The fact that the info isn't even on there at all makes me pretty confident that it's fake. My studs are still on it being either a new death star or endor.

Should I cancel my dagobah pre-order and get it on may the fourth? I want to get a promo, especially if there's multiple like has been rumored, but I'm worried it'll be out of stock.

2 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

i’m not a big fan of MBS sets

That's a pretty unique opinion, I'm interested, why don't you like them? The only thing I can think of is that they could be seen as taking spots from more traditional UCS sets. No hate, I just haven't heard this before.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a pretty unique opinion, I'm interested, why don't you like them? The only thing I can think of is that they could be seen as taking spots from more traditional UCS sets. No hate, I just haven't heard this before.

Honestly, it’s just me personally preferring vehicles over location based sets. There’s nothing actually wrong with MBS sets, Cantina set is objectively great imo, they just aren’t what I personally collect 

For clarification, the rumor has come from a couple of different sources, including Republic Studs, who rumored it on a YouTube video, and BrickClicker talked about that rumor from RS in a recent video (which is where the Reddit thread picture came from). 

While I’ve heard that it’s possibly coming from a couple of sources, at this point it isn’t definite. 

I'm still dubious but I do hope my prediction ends up panning out. I couldn't tell you why but more and more, I just get the feeling that this won't be a MBS  playset. The two big guesses are Endor or Geonosis but I'm not as sure of those anymore. I just can't see us getting a large playset bigger than a Death Star, which my gut also tells me that this isn't a new version of that either. 

I think it's going to be a ship and to me, a Razor Crest is the most plausible for the price point. Lego has exhausted just about every realistic OT UCS set, besides the Nebulon Frigate or some starfighter remakes or variations that we haven't gotten before, none of which I see costing $530. It's probably too soon for Lego to have another prequel UCS set ready and there's not much there that I think could exist at such a price point. The only sequel UCS sets that I think are plausible (besides the ST version of the Falcon which is represented by the UCS set) are X-Wing and TIE Fighter variants, which again wouldn't fill the price point. Meanwhile, The Mandalorian is a huge success, the third season will be arriving not too long after this set would launch and the play scale version is on its way out. Sure, the Crest got blown up in the show, but it's still an iconic hero ship and like the UCS Falcon, it would have plenty of interior space possibilities. I could be completely wrong and I probably have some confirmation bias here as like I said earlier, a UCS Razor Crest was my wild prediction for the fall.

Also, besides D2Cs and 18+ sets like the Compacter or Dark Trooper Helmet, do we think we're going to get any retail exclusives this year? The only retail exclusive Star Wars set I recall from 2021 was the Armorer's Forge and I remember in summer 2020, we got an extra $100 set that we weren't expecting (the Galaxy's Edge IT-S Transport that was exclusive to Target). I just wonder if we could see something similar here.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

For clarification, the rumor has come from a couple of different sources, including Republic Studs, who rumored it on a YouTube video, and BrickClicker talked about that rumor from RS in a recent video (which is where the Reddit thread picture came from). 

Republic Studs… 😭😭😭😭 hahaha sorry this has cracked me up 

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

the rumor has come from a couple of different sources, including Republic Studs, who rumored it on a YouTube video

When you say Republic Studs rumored it do you mean he is claiming to be the source of the rumor himself or is he just sharing something he heard? I would never trust a youtuber's rumor video as a "source" (especially from a M&R copycat channel), youtuber's like to cling on to any potential rumor or image so they can make a video about it, regardless if the rumor has any real merit to it.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Republic Studs… 😭😭😭😭 hahaha sorry this has cracked me up 

I cracked up too... 💀💀💀

I know that I am new here, but this just sounds like another USC Imperial Shuttle scenario, which was rumoured before the Cantina. I don't believe this for a second.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I know that I am new here, but this just sounds like another USC Imperial Shuttle scenario, which was rumoured before the Cantina. I don't believe this for a second.

Agreed. Just seems like some very wishful thinking.

For me, given the source, 5% that is is true, 95% doubt. What it has going for it, is that it's a somewhat plausible rumor and doesn't contradict any previous information (given there hasn't been much). If it wasn't associated with Republic Studs, I would give it more merit. 

I don't really think this "leak" holds much water as is, but I do think the timing makes a lot of sense. Unless they end up introducing a new Razorcrest somewhere down the line, the ship is only becoming less relevant as time passes, despite it being a pretty popular ship from a super popular series. If Lego is at all interested in making a UCS Razorcrest, it would be in their best interest to do it sooner rather than later. Obviously there's no precedent for them doing a UCS based on a TV show, but the Mandalorian is popular enough that it would sell at least as well as some of the other recent UCS choices.