MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Do we know anything about the May 4th GWP yet?

It will be set 40531. Nothing is definite otherwise that I am aware of at this point. 

35 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

It will be set 40531. Nothing is definite otherwise that I am aware of at this point. 

Interesting. The number seems to suggest a boxed set. Maybe the nanoscale dioramas are still a thing after all :laugh: I’ll believe it includes a minifig when I see it 

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Whatever happened to the rumor concerning the Vader/Obi-Wan brickheadz set? I thought perhaps that would be the GWP for May 4th but haven't heard anything about it lately, and wasn't sure if it was a normal set, either.

32 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Whatever happened to the rumor concerning the Vader/Obi-Wan brickheadz set? I thought perhaps that would be the GWP for May 4th but haven't heard anything about it lately, and wasn't sure if it was a normal set, either.

That should be set 40547. I believe it releases a bit later in May than the rest of the wave. 

38 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

That should be set 40547. I believe it releases a bit later in May than the rest of the wave. 

Yup

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Polybag Landspeeder! :rofl:

I hate that this seems realistic. 

1 hour ago, AyeMatey said:

Man that blue milk minifig is a doozy to just get standalone lol.

This might just be my anger at Target delaying the shipping date of my copy of the game, but I maintain that Rebel Friend would have been a much better choice.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This might just be my anger at Target delaying the shipping date of my copy of the game, but I maintain that Rebel Friend would have been a much better choice.

No, I think you're 100% right. Luke is fun but not really all that interesting as a minifigure, whereas Rebel Friend would work well as an army builder and as a cool reference to one of the most popular games of the Wii/Xbox 360/PS3 generation. I assume Luke was chosen since he has a lot more appeal to the general public, but it does feel like a missed opportunity.

12 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

Man that blue milk minifig is a doozy to just get standalone lol.

Yeah I’m hoping the price goes down after the initial cash grab people are attempting. He’s unique but certainly not worth the 60-80 bucks being asked. As a hard core lego Star Wars fan since it inception I’m annoyed with how it’s growing popularity has effected the secondhand market. (But happy that more people are into lego)

8 hours ago, G59 said:

Is the May 4th UCS Landspeeder confirmed ?

Not officially, but strong rumors and we have seen (99.5%) legit pictures of the rumored C-3P0 figure to come with it. I am sure the mystery surrounding this will reveal itself in the coming weeks. 

10 hours ago, Archer said:

Yeah I’m hoping the price goes down after the initial cash grab people are attempting. He’s unique but certainly not worth the 60-80 bucks being asked. As a hard core lego Star Wars fan since it inception I’m annoyed with how it’s growing popularity has effected the secondhand market. (But happy that more people are into lego)

I ended up taking the plunge for $50. Not gonna stress it.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:30 PM, AyeMatey said:

You are not going to like what I just read from Falcon fan's Instagram.....

6 minutes ago, distantnemesis said:

There will still be another may the 4th promo aside from blue milk Luke right?

According to Falconfan, yes. The other May the 4th promo will be 40531.

On 4/8/2022 at 5:30 PM, AyeMatey said:

....dude, you could have just bought the game for $60 and got the figure for free.

2 hours ago, distantnemesis said:

There will still be another may the 4th promo aside from blue milk Luke right?

Yeah, there's gonna be 2. I'm thinking I'll cancel my Dagobah pre-order and wait to buy it until the 4th.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

....dude, you could have just bought the game for $60 and got the figure for free.

The deluxe physical edition appears to be sold out pretty much everywhere, for all platforms.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, there's gonna be 2. I'm thinking I'll cancel my Dagobah pre-order and wait to buy it until the 4th.

Okay good. I don't care for blue milk luke at all so I was worried he was gonna be the only promo lol

Well, I’m glad that I don’t have to worry about hunting down the Deluxe Edition anymore. I’ll happily take whatever promo and the Blue Milk Luke figure for May the 4th when I get the Cantina and UCS R2-D2.

I know most of the discussion about the March sets has passed, but I picked up Boba Fett's Throne Room at Costco a week or two back and just built it over the weekend (well, 5/6 bags, I still have to finish that last part).  I'm really pleased with this set, it looks a lot larger in person.  Even seeing it on display at the Lego store, it's quite a bit bigger actually having it in hand (possibly because it was in one of the display cases only visible from the front, not the 360 degree view cases?). 

The middle section goes back a lot deeper than I was expecting and I like the door section a lot.  The figures are fantastic and there's a greater level of detail in the palace than I would've guessed from the box.  I also love how most of the figures could interchangeably be used as RoTJ figures.

$100 is still a bit much, but getting it at 20% off was pretty much perfect.  The box pictures really undersell the actual size of this thing.  I didn't own the 2012 version of Jabba's Palace, but I feel like this one just has more going on with it, since you've got three sections and a little bit more detail, since it looks like the main throne section of that set was left fairly empty to be able to fit Jabba.

A reply from Lego CS that was posted on a Dutch FB page said this regarding the Blue Milk Luke:

”Unfortunately we are not able to send out the minifigure as we don’t have any outside of the physical game packaging as they were packaged together and due to the licensing agreement for the game. The only way to acquire the minifigure would be to purchase the physical copy of the game when it comes back into stock at a local retailer or through LEGO.com.”

So I guess that would strongly contradict it also being overproduced and a May the Fourth promo?