MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New C-3PO just leaked, and it has to be one of the best minifigures I've ever seen.

Simply perfect. Not a single, tiniest thing I would change. Stunning.

Agreed... except I'd love to see one more version of him with the printed restraining bolt. That version has only ever appeared in the UCS Sandcrawler. Otherwise, it's an amazing minifigure.

4 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Agreed... except I'd love to see one more version of him with the printed restraining bolt. That version has only ever appeared in the UCS Sandcrawler. Otherwise, it's an amazing minifigure.

I wouldn't be surprised if the restraining bolt variation appeared in a set somewhere down the line - maybe upon the next Sandcrawler re-release (though they didn't have that design on the most recent iteration if I remember correctly).

That C3P0 is fantastic, I'm so sad he isn't coming in the trash compactor. Definitely makes the Landspeeder more desirable.

Trash compactor is meh... especially for the price 

But 3PO figure is really good. It almost looks like a custom fig with it side printing!

21 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

That C3P0 is fantastic, I'm so sad he isn't coming in the trash compactor. Definitely makes the Landspeeder more desirable.

Both him and R2 are in the compacter set. A small room in the back of it.

17 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Both him and R2 are in the compacter set. A small room in the back of it.

It does, but it doesn't appear to be the same one with the extensive leg printing that is presumably for the landspeeder. I'd be very happy to be wrong.

The Threepio is amazing. I love the dual-moulded light grey leg. Too bad he’s probably going to be held behind expensive/hard to find sets like Vader with arm printing.

Like everybody else has said, the 3PO is hard to argue with. The Landspeeder is still gonna be kind of a silly UCS model, but you can't say they aren't putting the effort in.

1 minute ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Like everybody else has said, the 3PO is hard to argue with. The Landspeeder is still gonna be kind of a silly UCS model, but you can't say they aren't putting the effort in.

I think the worst thing about this is that they put in this effort to make an amazing fig for a UCS set that isn’t close to minifig scale, but they won’t do it for an even more expensive MBS set that’s meant for minifigures. 

The ‘Room’ in the back is hilarious 

it seems $90 on this set is for the fancy printing somehow. I can’t see it coming out for that price, It has to be a mistake, it’s just insane. Lego inflation has been getting out of hand for a while. 

Edited by LDigital

UCS C-3PO looks amazing but wish that fig was also in the trash compactor. I guess "no UCS exclusive minifigs" only applies to prequel sets.

5 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

UCS C-3PO looks amazing but wish that fig was also in the trash compactor. I guess "no UCS exclusive minifigs" only applies to prequel sets.

Thats not always the case though is it? The trooper from the gunship came out in a pack, and isn't the Mace rumored to be part of an upcoming set too? And that happened within a year?

On another note, is there any reliable info on the May possible GWP besides all the BS out there?

3 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Thats not always the case though is it? The trooper from the gunship came out in a pack, and isn't the Mace rumored to be part of an upcoming set too? And that happened within a year?

I think you misread it, he's claiming only the prequel UCS sets don't have exclusive figs (which is still wrong)

11 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

uhhhhhhhh.....you do realize Mace still hasn't shown up in another set? And that it took 4 months between the CC in the gunship and his appearance in another set? Most figs are going to be "exclusive" upon release, and then it takes a few months to a year to get them in another set at a lower price. 

Damn, that Threepio looks cleeeeeean. One of the best Star Wars minifigures ever in my opinion, the only problem is that I’n probably not going to get the UCS Landspeeder.

I have to echo what everyone else has said. C-3PO is perfect. Occasionally LEGO will put too much detail on a figure to the point where it looks odd but this looks brilliant. 

It’s also great to hear R2 will have backprinting. 

16 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Threepio looks great, but my question is:

Can we stop changing Stormtroopers now? :look:

I am a bit surprised at the Stormtrooper change, though I'm not necessarily upset that they are changing it how they are. It's just hard when they've released sets like the Imperial Troop Transport that work semi-well for army-building and then update them (though it is nice that it's a semi-minimal change).

Also, the Luke figure from 75330 has been leaked, and it looks quite nice. It's a bit different from the 2017 variation.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

Ahhh, this is the droid we've been looking for all these years! I really hope he becomes widely available, because I believe all Star Wars fans deserve the opportunity of buying one without resorting to crazy aftermarket prices or expensive sets.

40 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I agree. The printing is exquisite, and isn't Artoo supposed to be getting back printing? :sweet:

Looking at that image, he does, unless his torso's just on backwards (which to be fair, they have done stuff like that before.)

I echo the sentiment that I hope he comes in a smaller set, as it is a really awesome figure.

The trash compactor as a whole still baffles me. The play feature is nice, but it's a play feature. Why wasn't this a system set, then? Wouldn't that have made more sense than a diorama?

32 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I agree. The printing is exquisite, and isn't Artoo supposed to be getting back printing? :sweet:

R2 also needs a 3rd leg! It's absurd that he has yet to have one in a single set after all these years, especiallywhen it can be done so easily with 1 or 2 pieces. A rotatable head would be great too but would probably require a new body piece to accommodate a 2x2 round jumper plate or something like that.

3PO looks perfect, can't really see any way to realistically improve it without it being completely drumlaquered or chromed which probably wouldn't be very resilient. 

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think you misread it, he's claiming only the prequel UCS sets don't have exclusive figs (which is still wrong)

uhhhhhhhh.....you do realize Mace still hasn't shown up in another set? And that it took 4 months between the CC in the gunship and his appearance in another set? Most figs are going to be "exclusive" upon release, and then it takes a few months to a year to get them in another set at a lower price. 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/how-lego-decided-which-minifigures-to-include-in-75309-republic-gunship/  “We put in minifigures that are appropriate, but I personally feel they shouldn’t be super-rare collector’s items. It’s just not okay to put a super-rare minifigure into a super high price point, because not everybody can afford it, and those minifigures will be super-sought-after."

When the gunship released last year it was the only AOTC set available at the time, so of course it was going to take a while for those minifigs to reappear in other suitable sets. Clone commander in the battlepack, with Mace on the way in the fighter tank.

Here we have 2 sets based on the same movie, featuring the same droid, releasing at the same time, but only 1 has the dual molded leg and leg side printing.

I seem to be the only person who doesn’t mind the 3PO / R2 bit round the back. It’s all it needed for them, they were basically just stood at the terminal hidden in the corner of the docking bay for the scene. Sure it could have been a few studs wider but unless the whole docking bay was attached back there, there’s not much missing.