MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Could it still be possible the Trash Compactor image is a fake?

Han’s Stormtrooper torso looks off to me somehow. Like it’s one of the older less detailed torsos. 

3 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

It’s supposed to come with Taun We, so it probably won’t be the Delta-7b unfortunately. I wouldn’t put it past them to screw up and give us a 7b anyway though. 

I like the look of this new stormie design. Every time I rewatch any of the OT movies or the “A Star Wars story”s, I just think “Why don’t the LEGO stormies have white waists like the clones? It only makes sense.” I’m glad they’re finally doing it, but I would’ve preferred it if they did it in 2019 when they updated the helmets, because now that’s ANOTHER different stormtrooper to display alongside the others. 

Every time i look at LEGO stormies, I just think "Why don’t the LEGO stormies and clones have printed waists?" Every new version of trooper has it (FO Stormtrooper/Snow/Flame, Death Trooper, Howertank Pilot, Shoretroopers, Patrol, Mimban, Range....), but, for some reason, stormies (including Sandtroopers) and clones still have plain black or white waists. They did it in in 2005 (7264) and then never again. I just don’t get it.

Edited by Mr. Cube

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The dianoga perhaps? :laugh:

Theres a trans red pieces right above Luke that I think is the eye of everyone’s favorite dumpster beast.

3 hours ago, 1340cc said:

Are there any rumoured sets expected to include stormtroopers, or is it just Luke & Han in the trash compactor so far?

There aren't. 

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Could it still be possible the Trash Compactor image is a fake?

No.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The dianoga perhaps? :laugh:

Nah. Something a bit more:

There are a total of 6 characters in the set. And another area for the other two (both of them have updated printing) :) 

May be the droids you’re looking for…

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

My bet is that the Trash Compactor flips around and has the C3PO and R2 room. From the Insta picture it looks like there's a lot more depth and so a "back" room makes sense.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No.

Unfortunate but expected.

R2D2 with back printing still won’t make me even consider this set. I’ll just wait until he appears in another future set (and if he doesn’t then too bad).

This has to be a one time change to the Stormtrooper torso right? To make it look retro or something. It would not be a good thing otherwise.

ah, I was hoping there might be a more extensive control room on the back, but that's pretty minimal. The C3-P0 and R2 look pretty good though, R2 appears to have back printing, I wonder if the one in the Yoda's hut also has that?

I do like the build for what it is, the trash compacting function seems fun, but it feels like the weakest of the three for me.

Edited by HatBricks

9 minutes ago, TBD said:

This has to be a one time change to the Stormtrooper torso right? To make it look retro or something. It would not be a good thing otherwise.

Likely this will be the torso going forward. They have no reason to make it retro for this set…

The set looks pretty good and the extra detailing on Threepio and Artoo is very appreciated. The only things that can make the Lego versions of those characters better is Artoo’s third leg and side printing on C-3PO’s legs. Their inclusion adds a little more incentive to getting the set. 

I also take back some of what I initially thought about the Death Star Trench Run. I think it looks better and even more detailed than I expected. Still not sure that I’ll get it, but I’m not fully opposed to it now. That R2-D2 tile is a nice touch.

I’m definitely waiting for sales on all these quotes sets though. Yikes at those prices.

7 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Likely this will be the torso going forward. They have no reason to make it retro for this set…

Perhaps making the minifigs more unique as a selling point to offset the terrible price? 

If this is a permanent change it would be quite awful and unnecessary. From what I can see it is a completely different style compared to the current torso. 

What odd choices to turn into small 18+ sets. I won't be buying any of these since I find them way too expensive for their size and for what look like simple, straight-forward build experiences, but Yoda's Hut is the nicest of the three, I think. Like others have said, the trench run looks like a glorified GWP, and I find the pixelated look of the trash compactor too messy & simple for a display set.

I'm glad they're trying new things, though, even if they're not my cup of tea. Perhaps this will bring us closer to highly-detailed, minifigure-scale models of ships that can be done at a 50 - 150$ price point à la Brickvault.

28 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

ah, I was hoping there might be a more extensive control room on the back, but that's pretty minimal.

It couldn’t be more minimal even if they tried :laugh: Calling it a “room” is a bit too generous I think

It’s a neat-looking set overall, but way overpriced for what it is *huh*

Things I like about the trash compactor:

1) The sliding doors function.

2) New printing for Threepio and R2.

Things I don't like:

1) Price.

2) Price.

3) Price.

Looks like the cons outweigh the pros. Honestly, I really don't know what to think of these diorama sets as a whole. They're by and large good looking sets, but if I get these first few, I'll probably become a completionist when they inevitably release more. That sounds expensive.

Honestly, it feels like if they removed the black border and the plaque, the price would be lower (I know obviously it's less bricks, you all know what I mean). It's a display set so it can be sold for higher.

I'm not surprised there's a new stormtrooper torso - it's been used since 2014, but from the glimpse I've seen I don't feel that it's better. Will have to judge when we see more.

What I dislike the most about those sets is the fact that they use those silver pieces on the sides. If they didn't, like in the Jurassic Park one, we could beautifully display them next to each other. Now, it won't feel as connected.

As a whole, I love the fact that they are doing this. Even if I don't find any of those sets interesting to buy, I do hope they'll continue this idea, just like they did with the helmets. I'd buy a RoTJ final duel in a heartbeat.

Really hope this means future protocol and astromech droids feature additional printing. I got excited with the 3PO polybag a few years ago, and little did I know the next droid with arm printing would not be released until now.

Just seen more pics of Yoda's hut - the £30 or whatever one from a few years ago has a bigger interior... I know it's not the main point of the set, but still.

Now that we have a better look at the Trash Compactor, I can safely say I still think it's meh. It looks way too small for the price, and while I appreciate the attempt at having a control room on the other side, that part is so tiny that it really doesn't change my opinion on the set one way or the other. As a concept I think the Quotes sets are pretty interesting, but I don't think I'll be picking up either of these two. 

New C-3PO just leaked, and it has to be one of the best minifigures I've ever seen.

Simply perfect. Not a single, tiniest thing I would change. Stunning.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New C-3PO just leaked, and it has to be one of the best minifigures I've ever seen.

Simply perfect. Not a single, tiniest thing I would change. Stunning.

It definitely looks amazing. Glad it has the dual-molded leg!