MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

None of them have a flat brim though. The closest match is Butch Cavendish’s hat, but that one has the hair moulded into it :tongue: It’s distinct enough to warrant a new piece IMO

The question is more, why wouldn’t they include him? Unlike the previous three sets that featured Bane, they have no excuse to omit him this time :shrug_oh_well:

This part would work well too, but I doubt they have the mold still. Either way, I still don't think LEGO themselves would see it as requiring a new mold, they could do it, but I doubt they view it as required.

As for todo, of course they have an "excuse" not to omit them. It's not like every lego set is required to come with the ship's full crew, and Todo needing a new mold just makes it less likely he'll be included.

It's not like I don't want these, but I don't think it's logical to act like these are a bare minimum, required for the set, or like lego has "no excuse" not to include them.

The gunship rumor being fake kind of hurt. I cannot stress how badly I regret not getting the 2013 wave entirely. Sure I was underage and could not afford whatever my parents couldn’t afford at the time but wow I wish I had the expneses to cover that entire wave when it released. I remember thinking a $90 AT-TE and $130 Gunship were impossible to afford at the time, but considering both are like $400 minimum sealed now? I wish I somehow got it done back then. Coleman Trevor, Ep. 2 Padme/Anakin, the 2013 Mace Windu, just the builds themselves wow those will go down as some of my biggest Lego regrets.

That said, I get some sets are iconic and popular but I do think a greater level of balance could be achieved with whats revisited in this theme. So many land speeders but we haven’t got the ep2 bounty hunter chase scene since the literal birth of this theme? Mon Mothma hasn’t been released since 2010? We still only have one mould for Kit Fisto and Plo Kloon? 

Lego Star Wars is interesting in that I got into it at a time where so many sets and concepts were being revisited. It was misleading. I didn’t buy the Ghost or any Rebels sets because I figured it’d be on the air long enough to get a few waves, now I’m crying over the fact I need to spend half a grand to get the Ghost sealed. Back in 2014, the Gungan Sub, Gunship, Clone Wars sets and Ep 1/2 waves were mostly revisiting older concepts or already released films. This made me feel like, just like if I somehow was an adult how missed on 2002-2005 versions of the Clone Turno Tank, AT-Te etc, I could get the newer versions released at the time, that if I missed anything in Lego Star Wars, eventually I could get it again. 

This is just not true it seems. Will Lego ever release a Rebels set again? I sure hope so, the Ghost is both too expensive and also not a perfect set? And I’d love if Lego revisited Rebels some day with a better interior to the Ghost, along with maybe a bigger figure selection? Now more than ever I’m starting to get Lego sets when they release (if its worth it) because this reliability that everything will be reproduced or revisited is not practical anymore.

Do I bite the bullet and pay several grand for sealed versions of the 2013/2014 waves, or do I petition lego to remake them? Hmm

Edited by cosmic

43 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This is just not true it seems. Will Lego ever release a Rebels set again? I sure hope so, the Ghost is both too expensive and also not a perfect set? And I’d love if Lego revisited Rebels some day with a better interior to the Ghost, along with maybe a bigger figure selection? Now more than ever I’m starting to get Lego sets when they release (if its worth it) because this reliability that everything will be reproduced or revisited is not practical anymore.

Do I bite the bullet and pay several grand for sealed versions of the 2013/2014 waves, or do I petition lego to remake them? Hmm

Lego REALLY shot themselves in the foot with going overboard in Rebels years before it became popular and liked (though I can see why they did it, the initial TCW sets sold very well I think). I think this is why Lego is hesitant to go all in with brand new SW TV shows for a wave. As for a new Ghost, anything is possible but your best chance is hoping for the Ahsoka show to utilize it. 

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

The gunship rumor being fake kind of hurt. I cannot stress how badly I regret not getting the 2013 wave entirely. Sure I was underage and could not afford whatever my parents couldn’t afford at the time but wow I wish I had the expneses to cover that entire wave when it released. I remember thinking a $90 AT-TE and $130 Gunship were impossible to afford at the time, but considering both are like $400 minimum sealed now? I wish I somehow got it done back then. Coleman Trevor, Ep. 2 Padme/Anakin, the 2013 Mace Windu, just the builds themselves wow those will go down as some of my biggest Lego regrets.

That said, I get some sets are iconic and popular but I do think a greater level of balance could be achieved with whats revisited in this theme. So many land speeders but we haven’t got the ep2 bounty hunter chase scene since the literal birth of this theme? Mon Mothma hasn’t been released since 2010? We still only have one mould for Kit Fisto and Plo Kloon? 

Lego Star Wars is interesting in that I got into it at a time where so many sets and concepts were being revisited. It was misleading. I didn’t buy the Ghost or any Rebels sets because I figured it’d be on the air long enough to get a few waves, now I’m crying over the fact I need to spend half a grand to get the Ghost sealed. Back in 2014, the Gungan Sub, Gunship, Clone Wars sets and Ep 1/2 waves were mostly revisiting older concepts or already released films. This made me feel like, just like if I somehow was an adult how missed on 2002-2005 versions of the Clone Turno Tank, AT-Te etc, I could get the newer versions released at the time, that if I missed anything in Lego Star Wars, eventually I could get it again. 

Don’t worry about getting more Attack of the Clones sets. (Specifically the Gunship) The Skywalker Saga movies will always be a well that Lego continues to go back to. And even though it seems like the people in charge of what sets are made by Lego are obsessed with just the OT, eventually they’ll be replaced with the next generation of more open-minded people who don’t think the OT is vastly superior to the other trilogies.

And I can certainly sympathize with the fact that my favourite movie, the Rise of Skywalker, has gotten a grand total of 2 sets since the movie was released, with both sets being designs that were created before the movie came out. And it’s the finale of the Skywalker Saga, which is as important as Star Wars content can get. Am I going to have to wait a decade before we can get an episode IX Sheev, IX Rose, Klaud, or Babu Frik minifigure?

And when it comes to the non-Skywalker Saga sets it definitely gets worse. At this point there’s so much Star Wars content, that unfortunately Lego probably isn’t going to be able to revisit anything but the Skywalker Saga movies (other than sets made off of the show/movie immediately after it airs). 

Anyways Rebels is really unfortunate that it likely isn’t coming back, but the Episode II sets are definitely only a matter of time.

Pretty sure both Promobricks and Stonewars have both not said it’s an Andor set either… 

They are assuming.

Shows how quickly rumours and false expectations are produced in the community. 

@Mandalorianknight and others…

Oh, the 4+ set is Endor-based with an Ewok and Stormtrooper. Have not seen anyone mention it, even thought it’s not a very exciting set. Here’s hoping the Ewok is new and stands out - Lego will have my money then! 

Edited by ArrowBricks

24 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Pretty sure both Promobricks and Stonewars have both not said it’s an Andor set either… 

They are assuming.

Shows how quickly rumours and false expectations are produced in the community. 

@Mandalorianknight and others…

Oh, the 4+ set is Endor-based with an Ewok and Stormtrooper. Have not seen anyone mention it, even thought it’s not a very exciting set. Here’s hoping the Ewok is new and stands out - Lego will have my money then! 

I hope the Ewok isn’t new, since I really don’t feel like spending money on a 4+ set.

1 minute ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I hope the Ewok isn’t new, since I really don’t feel like spending money on a 4+ set.

If it is, I'll buy it anyway. Sounds fun.

I do hope that the September set is Andor. However, I'm not going to try to say, 'Oh, this set is the Inquisitor's ship.'

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think it is an AT ST, if I am correct, I think it was one of the actually confirmed sets in the first wave of promobricks leaks, unless they changed that prediction, as I haven't been fully keeping track lately.

I haven't seen a crazy amount of discussion about the republic fighter tank. Have any reliable sources said if those 187th legion clone leaks we're fake or not?

If it's real It's probably the set I'm most excited for this year, we're about to have multiple sets with clones in them on shelves for the first time in a long time.

58 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

I haven't seen a crazy amount of discussion about the republic fighter tank. Have any reliable sources said if those 187th legion clone leaks we're fake or not?

If it's real It's probably the set I'm most excited for this year, we're about to have multiple sets with clones in them on shelves for the first time in a long time.

It was thought to be a fake set entirely, however both Stonewars and Promobricks have confirmed the existence of the set, though neither of them have mentioned the troopers. Considering the leak which come out of the blue turned out to be correct, and there was nothing about the figures which suggested that they may be fake, it’s probably likely that the leaked troopers are coming. I would, however, be cautious considering the other fake rumours that have been around.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This part would work well too, but I doubt they have the mold still. Either way, I still don't think LEGO themselves would see it as requiring a new mold, they could do it, but I doubt they view it as required.

As for todo, of course they have an "excuse" not to omit them. It's not like every lego set is required to come with the ship's full crew, and Todo needing a new mold just makes it less likely he'll be included.

It's not like I don't want these, but I don't think it's logical to act like these are a bare minimum, required for the set, or like lego has "no excuse" not to include them.

Except for the knotted band that’s moulded into the hat :tongue:

I don‘t think it‘s unreasonable to expect the whole crew of a ship to be included in a $160 set, considering said crew consists of only one guy and his droid companion :grin:

13 hours ago, cosmic said:

Just keep tabs on eBay and Facebook Marketplace. If you're patient and are willing to scroll through the full "Lego Star Wars" search results eventually you'll strike gold. Find someone who's listing a bulk lot of Lego and don't know the gems they have and you can get great sets for closer to MSRP.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Just keep tabs on eBay and Facebook Marketplace. If you're patient and are willing to scroll through the full "Lego Star Wars" search results eventually you'll strike gold. Find someone who's listing a bulk lot of Lego and don't know the gems they have and you can get great sets for closer to MSRP.

Are these sets usually sealed? 

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

To find people who really don't know the gems they have you go on Facebook Marketplace and search for "Lego Star Trek".

4 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

To find people who really don't know the gems they have you go on Facebook Marketplace and search for "Lego Star Trek".

That's turned up some nice results for me. Used, but nice.

The Dagobah set looks lovely, but is quite expensive. The figures look like they may be the same from the last Yoda's Hut set, so may try to buy it Figure-less. 

It also looks like the top of the Hut can come off so there is a chance for the cooking pot, bed, etc to be included inside. 

I would love the reverse to have space for the cave scene, it would be my intention to mod a small area there for Vader if possible. 

Alright, so according to Stonewars they got the set numbers right. The 60€ set is the Trench Run (75239, 666 pieces), the 80€ set is Dagobah (75230, 1000 pieces) and the 90€ set is the Trash Compactor (75239, 802 pieces).

Never have I witnessed such confusion with set numbers. I really hope that they are wrong and the Trash Compactor is the 60€ set.

Well, judging by the fact that 75230 really is Dagobah then Stonewars is probably right.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

The Trench Run and Dagobah Training sets look great!
They both catch the scenes' atmospheres nicely and I especially like the X-Wing wing sticking out of the swamp :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

The Dagobah set looks good but I can probably build that with the spare bricks I still have lying around.

Trench Run doesn’t appeal to me at all.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Alright, so according to Stonewars they got the set numbers right. The 60€ set is the Trench Run (75239, 666 pieces), the 80€ set is Dagobah (75230, 1000 pieces) and the 90€ set is the Trash Compactor (75239, 802 pieces).

Never have I witnessed such confusion with set numbers. I really hope that they are wrong and the Trash Compactor is the 60€ set.

Well, judging by the fact that 75230 really is Dagobah then Stonewars is probably right.

This has been one of the most confusing set number situation I’ve ever encountered… 

Also, 75330 for Dagobah, and 75339 for the Compactor.

The sets do look quite nice! 

I love the trench run and will definitely get that but for some reason the dagobah training looks disappointing and a bit cramped. In my minds eye it was bigger and better considering the price