MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

32 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Probably slightly bigger and a better interior to fit the Clone Troopers from the pack, and the Dwarf Spider droid. Might have a Droideka too…

I would hope for $140 that it’s at least a bit bigger with a better interior, but I guess we’ll just have to see

2 hours ago, necrochasm said:

so now 75336 is supposedly an Obi-Wan set and 75337 is the AT-TE again? 

Honestly if anything I’m more hoping it’s $140 and closer to the 2008 ones size but that’s probably asking for too much. Does beg the question where the extra 300 or so pieces went 

I made an AT-TE moc a week or two ago that was around 1200-1300 parts and around the same size as the 2013 one, so it's definately possible.

Glad to see multiple kenobi sets and the possible andor set. AT-TE is nice to see as well.

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's really funny that Cad Bane's ship has 20 more pieces than the Dagobah Training, but costs 80€ more :tongue:

Pretty sure a third of the pieces in the Dagobah set are 1x1 trans-light-blue or trans-black tiles :tongue: Also, no new moulds to drive up the price

Love the sound of Kenobi sets! :excited:
Someone speculated the cheaper location set might be the Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader duel. Would be very interesting indeed :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pretty sure a third of the pieces in the Dagobah set are 1x1 trans-light-blue or trans-black tiles :tongue: Also, no new moulds to drive up the price

Perhaps, but the point still stands - Cad Bane's ship has a horrible price, even judging by Star Wars standards.

15 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Someone speculated the cheaper location set might be the Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader duel. Would be very interesting indeed :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

If I had to guess, I'd say the smaller set is a Kenobi vs Vader location duel set, while the bigger is Inquisitors' starship.

Seems logical.

57 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That first point makes sense, but what new molds do you think the justifier has? I mean, it's possible we get todo, but I don't think we've seen any rumors about the figures or new molds for that set.

50 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Regards,
Mitch

I totally see that being a possibility. The duel is being hyped up by lucasfilm as the "rematch of the century", and the main draw of the show. I wouldn't be surprised if a large amount of the merchandise was based on this duel. I think the only show-specific merchandise we have seen or heard the contents of so far is of kenobi and vader (rumored obi-wan v vader brickheads, the toy lightsabers that leaked awhile ago), so I'd be surprised if neither set focused on this.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That first point makes sense, but what new molds do you think the justifier has? I mean, it's possible we get todo, but I don't think we've seen any rumors about the figures or new molds for that set.

The set could also honestly just have some larger parts, which inherently drive up the price (See the UCS ISD, for example). I could also see a new mould for Todo, and maybe something new mould-wise for Omega (not sure what). If it also has a Kaminoan, that would be something too. 

I also wonder why the Trash Compactor has around 200 pieces less than Dagobah Training, but costs 10€ more.

PPP ratios are really weird this year :tongue:

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I also wonder why the Trash Compactor has around 200 pieces less than Dagobah Training, but costs 10€ more.

PPP ratios are really weird this year :tongue:

Frankly, I'm so confused with what set numbers are for what at this point with the three quotes sets, and I'm just holding out for Thursday to clear things up.

As far as we know:

75329 [Trench Run] (60€ with 666 pieces)

75330 [Training on Dagobah] (80€ with 1002 pieces)

75339 [Death Star Trash Compactor] (90€ with ~800 pieces)

But I'm also confused. Training on Dagobah is the one we are sure of, and it has a 20×50 base (100 studs) with 1002 pieces.

But apparently, Trench Run has a 32×32 base with 666 pieces (94 studs), while the Trash Compactor has a 20×20 base with ~800 pieces (40 studs).

That just seems off, and it would be logical of Trench Run was the bigger set, especially looking at the fact that it will have a lot of smaller pieces as it's a microscope model.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As far as we know:

75329 [Trench Run] (60€ with 666 pieces)

75330 [Training on Dagobah] (80€ with 1002 pieces)

75339 [Death Star Trash Compactor] (90€ with ~800 pieces)

But I'm also confused. Training on Dagobah is the one we are sure of, and it has a 20×50 base (100 studs) with 1002 pieces.

But apparently, Trench Run has a 32×32 base with 666 pieces (94 studs), while the Trash Compactor has a 20×20 base with ~800 pieces (40 studs).

That just seems off, and it would be logical of Trench Run was the bigger set, especially looking at the fact that it will have a lot of smaller pieces as it's a microscope model.

The issue is that we also have the retailer sites listing 75329 as the Trash Compactor and 75330 as the Training on Dagobah, which almost certainly leaves 75339 as the Trench Run, not the Trash Compactor...

I have to be honest, I'm not super excited for this wave other than the AT-TE and Obi-Wan's Fighter IF the Kaminoan rumor is true, as I've wanted a Kaminoan ever since I played the video games for the first time as a kid.  That's just me personally, though.  The display pieces seem like they might be interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll buy any of them.  Cad Bane's ship, to me, isn't interesting enough to be the flagship set of this wave.  It could be a pretty cool build, but the source material just doesn't interest me a lot, and I'm the type of person to where I pretty much only buy sets if both the build and the source material interest me.  The Kenobi sets I'll reserve judgement on until we get them.  The N-1 is okay but not my favorite set they've ever done.  I might buy the Fighter Tank, as I liked those purple clones, but I'll have to wait and see.  I'm mostly excited to see whatever the $530 set is, and the possible Andor set.

I can see why a lot of people are interested in this wave, though!

Edited by Kit Figsto

Any of the "quotes" sets have the capacity for a lot of small pieces: Dagobah with the swamp and terrain, Trash Compactor with the trash, and Trench Run with detailing on the trench walls. The piece counts of any of these could be offset with large pieces for the actual structure and completely muddy the PPP ratio. I'm building Boba's Palace at the moment, and while the set is still overpriced, it contains a larger number of big pieces e.g. large plates, long bricks, single wall pieces, than I've seen in other sets and distorts the 700 odd pieces for $100 USD calculation.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

At the very least, Todo 360 and Bane’s new hat have to included :tongue: Sure, they could go the cheap route and either omit Todo or include a brick-built version, but still :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lol what the hell, things took an even weirder turn.

Promobricks just listed Trash Compactor as the 60€ set, Trench Run as the 80€ set, and Dagobah as the 90€ set.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-muellpresse-info/140864/

For me this makes the most sense because I imagine that the size of the three sets fits best with the mentioned prices from promobricks.

34 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

For me this makes the most sense because I imagine that the size of the three sets fits best with the mentioned prices from promobricks.

True, if I were to guess I'd say that the 60€ set is the Trash Compactor (it has a 20×20 base, more than two times smaller than the other sets), the 80€ set is Trench Run (over 1000 pieces, great PPP ratio), because it's a microscale model, so the piece count makes sense, and the 90€ set is Dagobah (90€ with ~800 pieces makes sense).

No reason to think 75338 is anything special such as an Andor set. 

Lego recently has released a set that comes out in September - RazorCrest, Mandalorian Forge. 

Again, seems to me these leakers have made ‘educated’ guesses just like they did with Jango’s Slave One and the Gunship. 

I therefore think it’s nonsense. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Lego recently has released a set that comes out in September - RazorCrest, Mandalorian Forge. 

Again, seems to me these leakers have made ‘educated’ guesses just like they did with Jango’s Slave One and the Gunship. 

If it was just some random, two-bit Instagram account saying it, I’d agree with you. Stonewars and Promobricks are far more reliable and don’t just throw random scoops out without being reasonably sure that they’re true.

I’m pretty happy that we’re getting not just one but two Kenobi sets this summer. I’m very excited for the show and based off the trailer alone, it looks like there’s a lot of set potential. I agree with everyone’s predictions that we’ll get Vader Duel and Inquisitor Ship sets, but I’d also love it if we got some sort of a Daiyu location build as that’s one of my favorite Star Wars planet designs in a while.

And I’m also happy that we seem to be getting an Andor set after all. Since I wasn’t expecting that show to launch until later in the fall, I was worried that we’d have to wait until next year to get something from it. With the show now reportedly launching in August, it makes perfect sense to release a set in September or October. I’m predicting a new U-Wing for now.

My only disappointment with these summer/fall rumors is that Lego seems to only be doing one Bad Batch set a year. While I’m not as hyped about the show as The Mandalorian or Kenobi, there are still a lot of vehicles and minifigures I’d like to see in Lego form. What’s really weird is that this Cad Bane ship seems to be the flagship set of the summer wave, but since it sounds like it could be very overpriced based on that piece count, I’m worried it won’t do well and Lego will get nervous about making sets off the animated shows again.

Edited by The Stud

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At the very least, Todo 360 and Bane’s new hat have to included :tongue: Sure, they could go the cheap route and either omit Todo or include a brick-built version, but still :shrug_oh_well:

I don't think Todo and a new hat are a minimum requirement in lego's eyes at all.  First off, there are multiple existing cowboy hat type pieces that work for Bane's hat just fine. It's not like the CW version where he needs an extra wide brim. Todo is more likely to me, but I still don't think he's a requirement. We did have stuff like D-0 in the falcon, Grogu in the Razor crest, etc, but those were all figures that appeared in multiple sets, and I can't see todo getting multiple sets. I think it's a 50/50 on todo, and I doubt we'll see a new bane hat unless they've destroyed the molds for the old cowboy hats, but I guess it's always possible.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lol what the hell, things took an even weirder turn.

Promobricks just listed Trash Compactor as the 60€ set, Trench Run as the 80€ set, and Dagobah as the 90€ set.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-muellpresse-info/140864/

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:vader:. The Dagobah set better have the full x-wing if that's the case.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

These aren't random nobodies, or even instagram leakers who've been getting some things wrong recently. These are probably the two most reliable leak sources we have, who, as far as I know, never said they had evidence of Jango Slave 1 or the gunship.

42 minutes ago, The Stud said:

My only disappointment with these summer/fall rumors is that Lego seems to only be doing one Bad Batch set a year. While I’m not as hyped about the show as The Mandalorian or Kenobi, there are still a lot of vehicles and minifigures I’d like to see in Lego form. What’s really weird is that this Cad Bane ship seems to be the flagship set of the summer wave, but since it sounds like it could be very overpriced based on that piece count, I’m worried it won’t do well and Lego will get nervous about making sets off the animated shows again.

It's also, just... a dumb choice to represent BB. Bane doesn't have much wider appeal, even with TBoBF (I could understand it a bit better if his ship showed up in TBoBF too, but just him, in a different outfit), and he really wasn't a major part of BB. You could do cheaper, "safer" sets like a $30 V-wing or even a $120 Nu-class shuttle. Doesn't make sense to me.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:vader:. The Dagobah set better have the full x-wing if that's the case.

I'm not surprised. We know the size, and the water will have a lot of parts, as well as the hut and tree.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

First off, there are multiple existing cowboy hat type pieces that work for Bane's hat just fine.

None of them have a flat brim though. The closest match is Butch Cavendish’s hat, but that one has the hair moulded into it :tongue: It’s distinct enough to warrant a new piece IMO

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Todo is more likely to me, but I still don't think he's a requirement.

The question is more, why wouldn’t they include him? Unlike the previous three sets that featured Bane, they have no excuse to omit him this time :shrug_oh_well:

Is it possible that Obi-wan's Jedi Starfighter is a Delta-7b? From the clone wars? It would pair well with Anakin's Jedi Starfighter from 2018.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The 90€ set has a lower piece count than the 80€ set, so that's not what will happen.

Also, we do have the full description of this set, as well as the other two.