MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 3/14/2022 at 5:58 AM, Brickroll said:

Do we think Fulcrum’s reference towards “purple stuff” is a reference to the Purple Clones? I think there’s a good chance it’s something totally different, but I can’t think of anything else related to purple that has leaked lately.

I assume he likes Sunny D.

Did anyone else catch Fulcrum’s countdown on his story this morning? It was counting down to Friday morning at 9 ish and said “Galactic Stuff”, but has since been deleted. Any idea what that’s about?

Just now, legopriph said:

Did anyone else catch Fulcrum’s countdown on his story this morning? It was counting down to Friday morning at 9 ish and said “Galactic Stuff”, but has since been deleted. Any idea what that’s about?

We shouldn’t treat Fulcrum‘s stuff as gospel :tongue: He‘s been wrong so many times

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We shouldn’t treat Fulcrum‘s stuff as gospel :tongue: He‘s been wrong so many times

Yeah true, I just get excited about countdowns lol. Just curious as to what it was about

Although a MBS Yavin 4 seems possible at some point, I think there is two factors which debunk the idea: there have been no Yavin 4 sets at all, iirc. We only got MBS Hoth after several small Hoth sets. MBS Cantina after several small Cantina sets. And before MBS Cloud City there was at least the Carbon Freezing Chamber, and a classic Could City set. Additionally, I can't see an MBS Yavin 4 over $350. $530 is too much.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

10 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The Visual Dictionary was published in 2009 and that Yavin model wasn't recent even when it came out, so it seems unlikely to me that that concept would be relevant at all to anything they're making today. Set design 15 years ago was totally different than it is now; there's no way the designers would be taking any significant notes from anything that old.

I think I did a bad job of explaining why I was mentioning that sketch model.  You're absolutely right that a Yavin set designed today be different from that due to how they've changed their set designs, but I was more just bringing that in to show that you could, in theory, get most of the key parts of Yavin condensed into a set that could be roughly $150-180, and as a result, I don't think you could really scale it up to be over $500.  The only reason that I mentioned the sketch model is because it's the only frame of reference we have for a Yavin set, even if it's probably 15 years old at this point.  

Now, after all of this, I'll probably be entirely wrong and the set ends up being the Yavin base :laugh:

75329 is confirmed to be the Trash Compactor according to a website listing found by winknews on Instagram. 

Edit: Already posted a page ago by THELEGOBATMAN. 

So this makes it look more likely that 75339 is the Trench Run at $90, since that's the only unknown number for May.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

On 3/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

75329 is confirmed to be the Trash Compactor according to a website listing found by winknews on Instagram. 

Edit: Already posted a page ago by THELEGOBATMAN. 

So this makes it look more likely that 75339 is the Trench Run at $90, since that's the only unknown number for May.

Makes me wonder if the Trench run is a displayable minifigure scale set in a similar vein as the Jurassic Park T rex Breakout set 

I can imagine it coming with a few minifigures to put on display, but I can't see how you could make a minifigure scale set out of the Trench Run for only $90.

4 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Makes me wonder if the Trench run is a displayable minifigure scale set in a similar vein as the Jurassic Park T rex Breakout set 

Dagobah and Trash Compactor are both displayable minifigure sets, just like the Jurassic Park one. 

Trench Run is too, although without the minifigure part.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:12 AM, PRbrickbuilder said:

Although a MBS Yavin 4 seems possible at some point, I think there is two factors which debunk the idea: there have been no Yavin 4 sets at all, iirc. We only got MBS Hoth after several small Hoth sets. MBS Cantina after several small Cantina sets. And before MBS Cloud City there was at least the Carbon Freezing Chamber, and a classic Could City set. Additionally, I can't see an MBS Yavin 4 over $350. $530 is too much.

MBS Ewok Village after no previous Ewok Villages.

Patterns we like to construct don't actually exist.

How the Trash Compactor could be so expensive is simple: big black base, raised dais, heaps of tiny parts and 18+ display set tax. Doesn't anyone look to how expensive the Meditation Chamber is for such an inconsequential build?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Dagobah and Trash Compactor are both displayable minifigure sets, just like the Jurassic Park one. 

Trench Run is too, although without the minifigure part.

This. Though the Trench has microscale versions of the X-wing and TIEs, so not exactly a minifigure set - though displayable. 

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

How the Trash Compactor could be so expensive is simple: big black base, raised dais, heaps of tiny parts and 18+ display set tax. Doesn't anyone look to how expensive the Meditation Chamber is for such an inconsequential build?

Exactly. Between what I'm sure will be a lot of "greebly" kinda details for the mounds of trash and the fact that it has the black base and likely relatively tall walls (not to mention a potential "closing wall function," which I doubt they'd skip, I see the $59.99 price very easily.

Also, reveals for all of the quotes sets will be March 24. The other May sets will be revealed at a later time.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Promobricks just confirmed that 75337, the August 140€ set with 1082 pieces, is indeed the AT-TE.

Where did they confirm it? Can‘t find anything, neither on their website nor on their IG account :wacko:

Edit: Never mind, they simply updated their 2022 set list. I thought they addressed it in a post or something :grin:

RIP, Gunship theories :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

That is a high piece count increase over the previous ones. I doubt a dwarf spider droid is going to single-handedly do that, and considering the price of it, I think there’s a reasonable possibility of a curveball being thrown in there….NOT CODY, but something weird. 

The 2013 AT-TE had 794 pieces and was just the walker. I believe Promobricks said the walker is very similar to that 2013 version, so we could assume a broadly similar piece count. Let's say the Dwarf Spider Droid has around 200 pieces, so that's ~994 pieces, leaving around 100 for something else. My guess is a speeder bike that can deploy from the back of the walker. That would also harken back to the original 2002 version. 

If its similar to the 2013 one, idk how it could be worth $140. I guess we'll have to wait for pictures to really judge it though.

8 minutes ago, Willsy said:

Let's say the Dwarf Spider Droid has around 200 pieces

Previous models have less than 40

still, a 50% increase in price for just 30% more parts just feels weird, hopefully it has a lot of good minifigs

9 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

If its similar to the 2013 one, idk how it could be worth $140. I guess we'll have to wait for pictures to really judge it though.

Previous models have less than 40

still, a 50% increase in price for just 30% more parts just feels weird, hopefully it has a lot of good minifigs

Could be an upsized version of the DSD to be fair. I think it's reasonable to assume the walker will have quite a few more pieces than the original too, potentially to improve the interior space (since 2013 was lacking in that regard). As for minifigs, maybe they'll throw us a bone and include a decent number of clones? The 2020 AT-AT was pretty generous in that regard, with two pilots, Veers, two Snowtroopers and Luke. Would be nice to get an updated clone captain along with a couple of the shines from the accessory pack. 

Interesting. We all knew the Gunship rumours were nonsense let’s be real. 

Here’s hoping the AT-TE has some new figures and more then the standard 5/6. 

Doesn’t surprise me, the 2020 AT-AT was $160 which was about the same size price jump from the previous 2014 version, which cost $110. 

As far as minifigures, Lego can throw in whichever ones they want for these Episode 2 sets as far as I’m concerned. I really only care about getting new versions of AOTC Anakin and Count Dooku, which are two of the most noteworthy prequel-era minifigures I’m missing from my collection. Anything besides that would be icing on the cake, especially if we get any more of Padme’s outfits or more Clone variants.

While I’m a bit bummed that this most likely means no minifig-scaled Gunship, I am happy that this leaves a $100 spot open for anything from Fallen Order or Kenobi, both of which I’d prefer sets for over more movie-based stuff.

Edited by The Stud

Promobricks haven‘t stated what the set is based on, right? While an AotC version could provide us with new or updated Jedi minifigs (normal-eyed Shaak Ti anyone? :grin:), a TCW one would have almost unlimited powaaaa I mean potential :snicker: Sure, it could also be based on RotS, but it‘s the least likely out of the three IMO

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Promobricks just confirmed that 75337, the August 140€ set with 1082 pieces, is indeed the AT-TE.

I thought a previous list indicated 75336 was an AT-TE. 

21 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

I thought a previous list indicated 75336 was an AT-TE. 

Promobricks speculated the set number but they’ve confirmed its 75337. 

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

As far as minifigures, Lego can throw in whichever ones they want for these Episode 2 sets as far as I’m concerned. I really only care about getting new versions of AOTC Anakin and Count Dooku, which are two of the most noteworthy prequel-era minifigures I’m missing from my collection. Anything besides that would be icing on the cake, especially if we get any more of Padme’s outfits or more Clone variants.

I was just thinking about this the other day, specifically how we haven't gotten Count Dooku in a single set since 2013. I know the prequels aren't that popular, but it still seems crazy to me that one of the most recognizable characters from them hasn't been in any sets in nearly a decade. He and Anakin both seem like obvious inclusions assuming the AT-TE is based on AoTC, but I guess they might be spread out if we end up getting any other prequel sets this wave.