MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I still wish it was the brown clones from s7, but these are still great. I have not been enthused by a Lego set for a while! Hopefully the AT-TE is good too, and fingers crossed the Gunship is real!

13 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I wonder if Mace Windu might be included in the fighter tank? If so I hope it's him in his Clone Wars armor! 

I mean the only difference between Mace in the Clone Wars and him in the movies is the Clone wrist guards and gloves, so unless Lego gives him dual-moulding (which is extremely unlikely) then all they’d do is change his arms to white and hands to black. In which case I’d rather movie accurate ones, and you can switch it out for white arms if you want to.

The troop selection is so extremely weird. 2 based on action figures from 2007 and one made up entirely. This is definitely one I’m not going to get, because it comes with clones that didn’t appear in any media in Lego’s stylized design. A Mace Windu might make it a bit more tempting since I don’t have him yet, but it won’t be small enough to justify buying it for just Mace. 

25 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I mean the only difference between Mace in the Clone Wars and him in the movies is the Clone wrist guards and gloves

Well since the clones aren't In clone wars, Mace doesn't need to be the Clone wars mace. He did have a different outfit in the 2D clone wars but I am expecting the Gunship version to reappear instead.

The original source of the rumor, Greekbricks, has stated that the Mace Windu in the set will come from the gunship, so I suppose that answers our question. He also said the set will be larger than the previous but smaller than the first, and probably will have a purple color scheme.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those Troopers look fantastic. Love the purple colour. That really means that the 40€ set is a Fighter Tank with Mace Windu, huh? Cool. But...

That also means that the Trash Compactor is 90€... bruh. Why? Who needs a 90€ Trash Compactor? This seemed like such a good candidate for a 40€ set...

Unless it's 75338, a 70€ set without a release date.

I’m starting to wonder if the trash compactor includes the grate from the detention block to drop down as well, given that larger price… 

7 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The original source of the rumor, Greekbricks, has stated that the Mace Windu in the set will come from the gunship, so I suppose that answers our question. He also said the set will be larger than the previous but smaller than the first, and probably will have a purple color scheme.

Is there a price and minifig count out yet, or do we just know that it's coming with the troopers and Mace? If not, my guess would be somewhere in the ballpark of $40, since that seems like an appropriate amount for the amount of minifigs we're getting.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those Troopers look fantastic. Love the purple colour. That really means that the 40€ set is a Fighter Tank with Mace Windu, huh? Cool. But...

That also means that the Trash Compactor is 90€... bruh. Why? Who needs a 90€ Trash Compactor? This seemed like such a good candidate for a 40€ set...

Unless it's 75338, a 70€ set without a release date.

Agreed, I have difficulty seeing how the trash compactor could fill that price point terribly well. Dagobah will do that easily with the hut and X wing.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one - I'll probably get multiple of the hover tanks since I imagine it will be massable to a degree 

Windshield piece for UCS Luke's landspeeder is interesting. I'm not sure if it's real or not but if it's true I wonder if we'll get the same piece in any other color or context in the future

5 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I mean the only difference between Mace in the Clone Wars and him in the movies is the Clone wrist guards and gloves, so unless Lego gives him dual-moulding (which is extremely unlikely) then all they’d do is change his arms to white and hands to black. In which case I’d rather movie accurate ones, and you can switch it out for white arms if you want to.

The troop selection is so extremely weird. 2 based on action figures from 2007 and one made up entirely. This is definitely one I’m not going to get, because it comes with clones that didn’t appear in any media in Lego’s stylized design. A Mace Windu might make it a bit more tempting since I don’t have him yet, but it won’t be small enough to justify buying it for just Mace. 

Sorry, I should have specified. I meant his Clone Wars armor from the 2D Clone Wars miniseries. The Gunship Mace is pretty much exactly what I expect though sadly. 

I do wonder if the tank will end up having purple markings, if so that would certainly make it more interesting to me since I already have the last fighter tank so having a different build and a different color scheme makes me feel a little better about getting another one.

Overall, it's still such a bizarre choice for a set, especially when there are so many canon Clone Legions that have yet to be properly represented in LEGO. This feels like another case of the non-canon Sandspeeder set that was inspired by the old Kenner toy. Heck, maybe this set is actually canon and will show up in a future Star Wars project but I doubt it. I mean, if they want3d to make purple Clones, why didn't they just do Ki Adi Mundi's 21st Nova Corps? That's o e I've always wanted to see in LEGO.

Edited by ToaDraco

15 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I’m starting to wonder if the trash compactor includes the grate from the detention block to drop down as well, given that larger price… 

That would make sense, although according to Promobricks, this is how it looks: brown and grey walls with grey trash on a black 20x20 base with 2x4 'Lego Star Wars' and 2x6 Han Solo quote plates.

They have to be mistaken, right? An 80€ Dagobah set has a 20x50 base, so it's rather impossible for this to be 20x20 if it's not 40€ at most.

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not likely, since LEGO has made Minifigs based on action figures before (Kashyyyk Clone, Hoth Scout, P2 Clone Gunner, etc). 

I was going to post a similar statement. LEGO has, historically in the past, released random sets based off Expanded Universe material, so I'm pleased to see the trend is continuing. Figured those days may be over, but hopefully they may do a set or two every year or so on such references. 

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would make sense, although according to Promobricks, this is how it looks: brown and grey walls with grey trash on a black 20x20 base with 2x4 'Lego Star Wars' and 2x6 Han Solo quote plates.

They have to be mistaken, right? An 80€ Dagobah set has a 20x50 base, so it's rather impossible for this to be 20x20 if it's not 40€ at most.

It could also just be a bit larger as far as height and/or include a lot of bricks for trash and the water. I suppose only time will tell.

There’s a guy on ig insisting that p2 Cody is gonna be a May 4th polybag as the promo this year… dunno whether they’re credible, but this rumour did pop up a while ago as well… anyway, I doubt it but nonetheless hope so. 

He’s “reposting multiple times a day until people believe” him. More like multiple times a second, like geez. 

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think you know the answer to that one :tongue:

Yeah. He’s continuing to repost it, as well as claim info on the $500 Superheroes D2C. Don’t pay him any mind.

44 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

He’s “reposting multiple times a day until people believe” him. More like multiple times a second, like geez. 

Well I was sceptical when I first saw it, but after reading it for the 11th time, colour me convinced! /s

It seems like we have one of these daft May 4th fig rumours every year. Wasn't P2 rex a (completely unfounded, naturally) rumour for last year's one?

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

P2 Cody would (a) need a new mould, (b) could be easily put in a set, and (c) is in high demand 

So it makes no sense and isn't worth discussing further.

I must say that I don't really understand the fake rumors thing. I don't know what motivates people to post stuff like that. Sure, if it catches on you'll get a bunch of likes and attention, but pretty much by definition that only works once, and then you're basically blacklisted. I assume that most of the people who do that are children, morons, or both, but you'd think that even most of that crowd would realize that that isn't really a winning strategy even in the short term.

7 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Wasn't P2 rex a (completely unfounded, naturally) rumour for last year's one?

Oh yeah lol, I remember that. 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, Brickroll said:

Honestly hoping it'll just be the regular color scheme but either way I'm excited to see this thing. If it's larger maybe it'll have the top laser turret from the 2005 bf2 game

Edited by blujay563

On 3/5/2022 at 12:59 AM, NoOneOfImportance said:

Pictures are out of the figures in the usual place, folks. 

Where's the usual place, for those not informed?

So there's a rumor now (I put a big grain of salt on this one) that we're getting Obi wan and Darth Vader brickheadz in May. The original post is that Cody account (who doesn't seem very credible), but this rumor was also reposted by Greekbricks (the original source of the Republic Fighter Tank Rumor that is seemingly confirmed), though on further look it's something Greekbricks originally posted a couple weeks ago.

It doesn't seem like the most outlandish set possibility, but while getting one thing right, does seem relatively credible, it isn't the most extensive track record. As far as I can tell no other credible sources have commented on this.