MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

That's nice, I wanted the republic fighter tank to be real, does anyone have the original wording of the rumour? All I can remember is these clones with a republic fighter tank, anything else rumoured to come in the set?

Or any other supposedly debunked rumours from the same source?

I take back everything bad I've ever said about TLG. They're the greatest company to ever exist ever. They've finally answered the prayers for more clones from different legions. 

Somehow the helmet prints of the regular troopers look even worse than the ones from the 501st set. I thought they were cheap fakes at first.

11 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I'm happy for the people who wanted the purple clones, but isn't Mace's unit dark red?

This is the 187th Legion, which is the unit he commanded in the EU. The maroon troopers from Season 7 of TCW haven't been given a name yet, so they might be intended to replace the 187th or they may just be a different unit that he happened to be associated with on Anaxes.

Well, I’ll be damned. I thought that Republic Fighter Tank was a load of Bantha Poodoo from the beginning, but looks like I was wrong. This has been one hell of a strange year for Lego leaks.

The clones themselves look fantastic but I’m questioning why we’re getting these over other legions? The Bad Batch is still going and has so much potential for amy builder sets with not just the TK Troopers and Elite Squad Troopers, but also Coruscant Guard and plain P2 Clones getting a chance to shine. There’s also a good amount of demand for more 332nd Clones or 212th Troopers in the newer clone style. Heck, Mace was leading a completely different division of clones with brown accents in TCW S7. Oh well, I’m not going to focus too much energy onto worrying about what we could’ve gotten. These are still pretty neat I suppose. While I won’t be buying as many of this set as the 501st Legion, I’ll probably get at least three of the set to add to my Republic army. This year has been a blessing for people wanting to get into army building like me.

Edited by The Stud

Anyone noticed how those figures are in front of an 18+ box, it could be nothing but it seems strange.

On another note: this is absolutely incredibly brilliantly amazingly superbly spectacularly greatly wonderfully good. If this is true this will be a great addition to the SW line.

Another TX-130 seemed weird given new BF2 is well past its life cycle but adding in the 187th is even stranger. I can't believe we could be getting them before Cody. 

I told you all it was true. My sources are good. I don’t make it up for the sake of it! They look amazing, and I’m hoping the set is bigger than previous which it seems!

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Apparently it will come in May, according to FF.

That would certainly make sense.

This really is the most bizarre set, and an even weirder time for them to make something like this, but I'm all here for it!

35 minutes ago, The Stud said:

he clones themselves look fantastic but I’m questioning why we’re getting these over other legions? The Bad Batch is still going and has so much potential for amy builder sets with not just the TK Troopers and Elite Squad Troopers, but also Coruscant Guard and plain P2 Clones getting a chance to shine. There’s also a good amount of demand for more 332nd Clones or 212th Troopers in the newer clone style. Heck, Mace was leading a completely different division of clones with brown accents in TCW S7. Oh well, I’m not going to focus too much energy onto worrying about what we could’ve gotten. These are still pretty neat I suppose. While I won’t be buying as many of this set as the 501st Legion, I’ll probably get at least three of the set to add to my Republic army. This year has been a blessing for people wanting to get into army building like me.

There has never, ever, at any time been any logic behind what legions get minifigs, going all the way back to the introduction of the idea that there are different colors. Everybody talks about how ridiculous it is that we still don't have Cody, but the rest of that first RotS wave was even weirder: in 2005 we got plain (canon but probably* not actually in the movie), 442nd Siege (canon but not actually in the movie), aerial (not canon in that form), 91st Recon (on screen for ~5 seconds), and Star Corps (on screen for ~10 seconds), but neither of the 212th or 501st, the two legions that have the most screen time in the movie. 17 years later we still don't have movie-style 501st troopers. Or the fact that across all of TCW, which showed dozens of different units, they only ever made three Phase 1 troopers other than named commanders: Wolfpack (sensible), bomb squad (?) and Horn Company (?????), instead of, again, the 212th or 501st or any of the other ones that appeared in more than one episode (or one scene in one episode, in the case of Horn Company). To my eyes, the 187th being incredibly obscure and not making any sense for LEGO to make honestly made the rumor sound more credible, because it's 100% in line with their previous policies. Which, for the record, I'm completely in favor of.

*There's an interesting debate over this with a single background clone that appears to change color between shots, but suffice it to say they're not prominent.

53 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Anyone noticed how those figures are in front of an 18+ box, it could be nothing but it seems strange.

Huh, you're right. It's the Bespin Duel box. Obviously no link between that set and these clones, I guess it was just a convenient back drop (although the cynic in me thinks it was there to make the leak more authentic, the set number is clearly visible and obviously not from anything upcoming). Hopefully these are not just good customs, but a few reliable channels are now reporting the news so fingers crossed. Personally this is not a set I'm interested in, but it's always good to see something outside the box as opposed to ol' reliables, from any era.

I wonder if Mace Windu might be included in the fighter tank? If so I hope it's him in his Clone Wars armor! 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I wonder if Mace Windu might be included in the fighter tank? If so I hope it's him in his Clone Wars armor! 

I’m guessing it will be the same figure as the Gunship, just as the clone commander was released in the accessory pack, but we’ll see (hoping I’m wrong, because I want that Mace to stay exclusive for the sake of the gunship). 

@Mandalorianknightlooks like that republic fighter tank went from impossible to real possible lol. Better keep an eye out for that tie crawler. Honestly I'm just really happy we're getting more phase 2 clones. Hopefully if it sells well some plain clone bois will be on the way or even 327th. Phase 2 is just my fav armor and seeing these 187th looking so good makes me excited for what lego can do finally focusing on phase 2's again

The clones look great. I honestly like when Lego decides to make a set out of the blue with characters that are not canon or are very obscure. Part of me wishes they had the movie style printing but I’ll take what I can get. This year so far seems to be pretty great.

Those Troopers look fantastic. Love the purple colour. That really means that the 40€ set is a Fighter Tank with Mace Windu, huh? Cool. But...

That also means that the Trash Compactor is 90€... bruh. Why? Who needs a 90€ Trash Compactor? This seemed like such a good candidate for a 40€ set...

Unless it's 75338, a 70€ set without a release date.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

The Clones look great. It’s also nice to see LEGO give us other than the plain ones or the 501st. (Not that I dislike those but it’s nice to see some variation). 

10 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Somehow the helmet prints of the regular troopers look even worse than the ones from the 501st set. I thought they were cheap fakes at first.

My exact sentiments. The airborne trooper's helmet looks so plain for a lsw 2022 set. I know it's close to the source material but it just feels off. Hopefully they grow on me.

Now that's a plot twist!

I did not think Lego would release P1 and P2 clones at the same time. And they did!

Fun fact: the airbone trooper is the commander of the legion.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one! I love the latest iteration of the tank so happy to have had my scepticism proved wrong here.

Still, it is a very strange choice of set. A clone legion that has only existed in the EU, released not only outside the usual release windows but also in no proximity to any CW-era material (that we know of)... TLG works in mysterious ways.

For all we know we cod end up seeing some 187th legion troopers in The Bad Batch season 2 or another upcoming project, probably not but this could then be ab indirect tie in rather than a set based of the show directly.