MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm getting this impression as well. The force ghost shell is thus the best-quality fake part I've ever seen *huh* A lot of effort for something as inconsequential as this

The only difference is the LEGO logo on the shell, which makes it still possible-if only slightly- that this piece is official, even if the rumors aren’t, but only time will tell.

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The only difference is the LEGO logo on the shell, which makes it still possible-if only slightly- that this piece is official, even if the rumors aren’t, but only time will tell.

That piece certainly seems to have been referenced by people like Falcon or Fulcrum (if not outright confirmed), so I'm a bit more inclined to think this one is legit, although I'd rather it weren't.

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm getting this impression as well. The force ghost shell is thus the best-quality fake part I've ever seen *huh* A lot of effort for something as inconsequential as this

What really confuses me is that the force ghost shell came AFTER the kaminoan leak. So it's not like he had one true leak and is now just BSing, it's that he started with a (probably) fake leak, got a real one, and continued to do (probably) fake leaks until he accidentally did one Promobricks knew was bs.

Pretty fishy if you ask me :sceptic: That part doesn‘t really look official to me. Hard to pull off, I know, but maybe those are all incredibly well-made renders? :head_back:

I just tried measuring out the dimensions for Mando's N'1 and....wow is it oversized. 42cm long versus the 35cm of the previous N-1 (which could be classed as oversized itself). They could have easily made this a smaller set with a smaller piece count, did they just drop the initiative they started last year with the cheaper and downsized vehicles? Was that ever supposed to be a long-term approach or just a short-term experiment? 

I think I'll definitely be heavily modding mine to make it smaller, 

8 minutes ago, Willsy said:

I just tried measuring out the dimensions for Mando's N'1 and....wow is it oversized. 42cm long versus the 35cm of the previous N-1 (which could be classed as oversized itself). They could have easily made this a smaller set with a smaller piece count, did they just drop the initiative they started last year with the cheaper and downsized vehicles? Was that ever supposed to be a long-term approach or just a short-term experiment? 

I don't think it's a terrible size, though maybe a bit oversized. I'm in the camp that isn't as big a fan of the smaller vehicles of 2021 due to wanting more accuracy though, so I may not be the perfect person to talk about this haha.

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pretty fishy if you ask me :sceptic: That part doesn‘t really look official to me. Hard to pull off, I know, but maybe those are all incredibly well-made renders? :head_back:

It looks fishy to me because it doesn't have the same cloudy/blue-y quality as the new trans-clear formula that's been used to make the UCS A-Wing & Gunship canopies, the T2 Camper Van & Ecto-1 windscreens, etc, but I'm keeping an open (skeptical) mind.

50 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

So legohio just posted a picture of a mould for a landspeeder windscreen sitting next to the force ghost, "correcting" his earlier false rumor...

He's not doing himself any favors with these corrections. The pieces in the post look legit, but it is difficult to trust him after his waffling.

52 minutes ago, Willsy said:

I think Lego just made this one big since it’s the Razor Crest’s replacement in-universe and will probably be the new Lego Mandalorian flagship set to replace 75292 when that retires this year.

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This reminds me of when that convincing Tobey Maguire toy “showed up” at Target around the time the NWH teaser leaked last year. The pieces themselves look plausible but I’m questioning the credibility of the person posting pictures of them.

Edited by The Stud

Its very strange, if it is fake, than clearly this person at least has quite a bit of talent when it comes to making fake pieces, so it's kinda odd that they would jeopardize their "credibility" by posting other stuff that makes them seem fake on purpose. But who knows, fake leaks are always kinda strange.

Regardless of if the piece is legit or not, we know we are at least kinda getting something that kinda looks like that, so I guess it's a bit fun to have a better idea of what it might look like.

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

I also thought it was kind of strange how Lego seems to have already dropped the ball on the more affordable ships. Maybe there just weren't any ships that they wanted to make for this wave that would work as scaled down other than the N-1, but I just think it's a shame since they did some good work with the ones last year. It's probably too early to say if they're done with them altogether, but if there aren't any later this year them I doubt they're planning on returning to the idea for a while.

I'm pretty sure the N-1 is the size it is to accommodate the dome over Grogu's spot on the ship. They had to build the rest of the ship around that size.

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

I think it's mostly so Grogu would fit in the astromech slot, so they had to make it on the larger side.

Ninjago'd 

Edited by Agent Kallus

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think a high quality resin printer might be the culprit. A quick google shows you can make some very high-quality looking items both in terms of tolerances and coloration.

SLA-Level-C2.jpg(not my image, just one off the google search)

I'm about 90% confident he's using one of these to make these "leaks". 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

That 12x12 canopy piece looks pretty legit to me and also in the dimensions LEGO would do it. So I guess we'll have a 1:8 scale landspeeder. With the typical Technic frame interior, I think it's realistic for piece count and size.

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think a high quality resin printer might be the culprit. A quick google shows you can make some very high-quality looking items both in terms of tolerances and coloration.

I would be really impressed by a commercially available 3D printer that could put the LEGO trademark text on a print like that. There might be one out there with that kind of resolution, but boy, I follow advances in 3D printing tech reasonably closely and I have never seen a print that looks remotely that good. I don't even know what resolution we'd be talking about to imitate the text so closely that we couldn't tell the difference, but it would be unbelievably high. Maybe something like a Phrozen Sonic could do it? I don't know. I wouldn't believe it without some fairly compelling evidence. Certainly if I had access to a machine that could do that I could think of way more entertaining uses for it than making fake piece leaks.

That UCS Landspeeder canopy looks fake to me. Something about the bottom stud connection areas feels off. But I guess time will tell.

29 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

That UCS Landspeeder canopy looks fake to me. Something about the bottom stud connection areas feels off. But I guess time will tell.

Can someone pm me a link please? I’m usually good as fishing out link shots but haven’t seen this alleged canopy piece anywhere. 

Sports announcer voice:

AND WHAT A FANTASTIC TWIST OF FATE THIS IS!

Apparently, the fighter tank is coming, or at least the troopers are. Now the question is, who was the first one to call this and where can I follow them?

Edited by Brickroll

7 hours ago, Willsy said:

I think a lot of issues with the length come from the compartment in front of the cockpit that holds Mando's jetpack when he's in the ship - it puts the cockpit a lot further back from the nose than I think it should be. If I was to get this set that I'd try modding that section out to reduce the length. I get why it's there, so that the jetpack isn't floating loose when the figs are in the ship.

Regarding prices I've been thinking the same. Last years prices were generally pretty good - not just the downsized models, but also the Imperial Marauder and Mandalorian Starfighter, were all good value for money. So far every release this year, with the exception of the AT-ST, has gone back to everything priced well on the high side. It doesn't help that a lot of the new sets contain exclusive/desirable figs, so the prices seem more aimed at demand rather than value of stuff (which from a business perspective isn't surprising at all).

my first thought would be that those clones are fake, but I think the original poster is the same one that first posted the muppet minifigures? (not 100% sure).

They certainly look good, but if this is an august set, it seems a little early for them to be leaking. I don't know, but I'm interested to see....

EDIT: Falcon Fan even reposted them, so I guess they're legit

Edited by HatBricks

Those troopers look fantastic! Definitely looking forward to whatever set they end up coming in if it's not the fighter tank.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 minute ago, HatBricks said:

They certainly look good, but if this is an august set, it seems a little early for them to be leaking. I don't know, but I'm interested to see....

Apparently it will come in May, according to FF.