MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

25 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Well, the AT-TE isn't really confirmed for this wave anyways, so I don't think a gunship can be totally ruled out yet. Besides if the AT-TE is coming this summer I find it highly unlikely that there won't be some droid vehicle for it to fight, probably a $50 homing spider droid

I think he did confirm we are getting an AT-TE, it just wasn’t clear which set the AT-TE was. 

You’re probably right about the 50$ set. It seems just like the information from Promobricks, it’s relatively safe to guess there will be a Gunship and some sort of droid set to complete the lineup.

I am still most interested to know, what the 530$ set will be this year. It seems like Promobricks might have more information than they’re currently revealing and it’s very interesting they seem to think the 530$ is a geonosis arena. Although it’s something I would love to see, it seems unexpected from Lego at this point. But who knows, I also wouldn’t have predicted an 800$ AT-AT!

9 minutes ago, Batman1 said:

I think he did confirm we are getting an AT-TE, it just wasn’t clear which set the AT-TE was. 

I think it was moreso that LEGO has an AT-TE in development, it might be the summer wave or for another release period. Though fingers crossed for this wave!

9 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I think it was moreso that LEGO has an AT-TE in development, it might be the summer wave or for another release period. Though fingers crossed for this wave!

Yes and it would make a lot of sense this wave too! Interesting as well that he has seen this set and not the others.

17 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Honestly, I feel like it's almost definitely coming this year for the anniversary. The biggest question will be whether it comes in August with everything else, or if it comes a bit later, like September or October time-frame. 

5 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Honestly, I feel like it's almost definitely coming this year for the anniversary. The biggest question will be whether it comes in August with everything else, or if it comes a bit later, like September or October time-frame. 

Unless the rumours are wrong about the time frames, I think the only sets that are supposed to be out after August are 75331 ($530 USD), 75340 ($40 USD), 75341 ($60 USD), and the Advent Calendar. So August 1st definitely seems to be the time.

You know, almost every time I bet against something on EB it ends up wrong for me, and yet here I go again: I’m making the guess that the $530 set is not a Geonosian Arena. As everyone else has mentioned, they probably wouldn’t do a PT UCS set this quickly after the last one, but more importantly (dammit it almost autocorrected to “imposter” here) it just wouldn’t translate as easily to a massive and expensive display model. I think they could theoretically do half of the arena at that price, but I don’t know if many people in that market would want a half building (although maybe I’m wrong there). The question of creature molding would also come up, so I kind of have to ask, have there been multiple giant new molds in a UCS set before? They could be brick built, but I doubt that would make many AFOLs/people who buy UCS sets happy. I also don’t know if there even have been Minifigure scale sets at that price before, and I doubt Lego would start with making one based off of AotC of all of the SW movies, regardless of the anniversary. 

I think if they do cover the arena battle, they’ll do it over like a 100$ build with brick built creatures but with molded heads, kind of like how Harry Potter has handled it, with an arena wall or two.

Edited by Brickroll

21 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

You know, almost every time I bet against something on EB it ends up wrong for me, and yet here I go again: I’m making the guess that the $530 set is not a Geonosian Arena. As everyone else has mentioned, they probably wouldn’t do a PT UCS set this quickly after the last one, but more importantly (dammit it almost autocorrected to “imposter” here) it just wouldn’t translate as easily to a massive and expensive display model. I think they could theoretically do half of the arena at that price, but I don’t know if many people in that market would want a half building (although maybe I’m wrong there). The question of creature molding would also come up, so I kind of have to ask, have there been multiple giant new molds in a UCS set before? They could be brick built, but I doubt that would make many AFOLs/people who buy UCS sets happy. I also don’t know if there even have been Minifigure scale sets at that price before, and I doubt Lego would start with making one based off of AotC of all of the SW movies, regardless of the anniversary. 

I think if they do cover the arena battle, they’ll do it over like a 100$ build with brick built creatures but with molded heads, kind of like how Harry Potter has handled it, with an arena wall or two.

I feel like you are pretty much spot on with this. A Geonosian Arena might happen somewhere down the line depending on how well the Gunship (and other potential prequel UCS sets) sell, but for now I have a very hard time imagining Lego would take such a big risk when something like Endor or a new Death Star is pretty much guaranteed to sell well. 

5 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Looks like Boba's Throne Room is starting to show up for $80 in some Costco's in the US. Emmasaurus just found one in a Texas Costco. 

That's a much better price than $100. Maybe I'll get one.

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Lego doesn't celebrate SW film anniversaries, with the exception of ESB for some reason (Not that I'm complaining, ESB is the best one :D), so I don't think the anniversary of AOTC really has...any input on the set's release. 

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a much better price than $100. Maybe I'll get one.

Lego doesn't celebrate SW film anniversaries, with the exception of ESB for some reason (Not that I'm complaining, ESB is the best one :D), so I don't think the anniversary of AOTC really has...any input on the set's release. 

I believe Promobricks themselves said that the set is meant to coincide with the anniversary. Besides, why else would Lego all of a sudden be releasing multiple sets for what is arguably one of the less popular movies with so much new content coming out?

I don’t see us not getting an AT-TE this August, not just because of the anniversary this summer but also because how else would we know that Lego is making an AT-TE so soon in advance if it wasn’t coming this summer? As @QuiggoldsPegLeg pointed out, it can’t be a September or October set, and I highly doubt we’d know about a 2023 set this early.

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

How else would we know that Lego is making an AT-TE so soon in advance if it wasn’t coming this summer? As @QuiggoldsPegLeg pointed out, it can’t be a September or October set, and I highly doubt we’d know about a 2023 set this early.

The main issue is that promobricks solely said that an AT-TE is in design. It’s definitely possible to know the set is in design without a full confirmed release, but I would assume a 2022 release given the set seems to be intended for the anniversary. 

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

I believe Promobricks themselves said that the set is meant to coincide with the anniversary. Besides, why else would Lego all of a sudden be releasing multiple sets for what is arguably one of the less popular movies with so much new content coming out?

I don’t see us not getting an AT-TE this August, not just because of the anniversary this summer but also because how else would we know that Lego is making an AT-TE so soon in advance if it wasn’t coming this summer? As @QuiggoldsPegLeg pointed out, it can’t be a September or October set, and I highly doubt we’d know about a 2023 set this early.

Did they say it was for an anniversary, or were they just speculating? I thought the only information they actually said they had was that they knew one was in development, not even if it was one of the 2022 sets. It's been 9 years since the last real at-te (if you want to be a pedant, 6), and even if it's not from the most popular film it's well-known enough of a vehicle. Plus, it's pretty clear that lego doesn't like making many sets for new shows at first, preferring to wait. 

Also, lego designs sets well in advance of release. Baby Yoda sets are a good example, as they were no doubt rushed in development and yet even the brickheadz, something that's definately much quicker to design than an AT-TE, took almost a year.

13 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I'm with you, the arena doesn't seem plausible. I'm actually wondering if it's MBS at all. The MBS line has been $350 since they officially named the category, right? So, the price is off for one thing. Most are speculating MBS purely because of the recent pattern, but that has only technically held true for 4 years now (if we're counting Assault on Hoth); it would be 6 years if this year's is indeed an MBS, but that's no guarantee. I'm wondering if it could be the Nebulon B. They had a working prototype back in February of 2020 when they took the vote, so I would assume they've had sufficient time to make a complete model since then. It'd also be a realistic price point for that size model. Endor is definitely a possibility, but I struggle to see how they could fill that price point with enough material. The bunker on its own doesn't seem substantial enough, and I'm not sure a landing pad/more trees/extra vehicles even fills out the necessary piece count for that price point. Completely speculation right now, just felt like thinking out loud. 

57 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I'm with you, the arena doesn't seem plausible. I'm actually wondering if it's MBS at all. The MBS line has been $350 since they officially named the category, right? So, the price is off for one thing. Most are speculating MBS purely because of the recent pattern, but that has only technically held true for 4 years now (if we're counting Assault on Hoth); it would be 6 years if this year's is indeed an MBS, but that's no guarantee. I'm wondering if it could be the Nebulon B. They had a working prototype back in February of 2020 when they took the vote, so I would assume they've had sufficient time to make a complete model since then. It'd also be a realistic price point for that size model. Endor is definitely a possibility, but I struggle to see how they could fill that price point with enough material. The bunker on its own doesn't seem substantial enough, and I'm not sure a landing pad/more trees/extra vehicles even fills out the necessary piece count for that price point. Completely speculation right now, just felt like thinking out loud. 

I think you could easily fill out the price point with Endor stuff but I don’t think they should or will. In universe the landing platform is quite large but what a snooze-fest to build. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think you could easily fill out the price point with Endor stuff but I don’t think they should or will. In universe the landing platform is quite large but what a snooze-fest to build. 

Honestly, I think the landing platform would be a really nice build, but I doubt they would make that the focus of a set. As far as it being a snooze-fest, I feel like it would about as interesting, if not more, than building four AT-AT UCS legs, haha. 

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

$530 is way too much for a Nebulon B. That would be one of the worst selling Lego Star Wars sets of all time due to the high price and low interest. 

Jabba’s Sail Barge works as a UCS set in that price range at minifigure scale (like the Falcon and AT-AT). Other than that, for UCS sets at that price point people have talked about a Death Star 2, but I personally think that they wouldn’t make it that large.

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

I 100% agree. If they wanted to make a big Endor set, they’re better off making an Ewok Village and an Imperial Bunker separately. The landing platform is way too large and uninteresting to work in any official Lego set larger than micro-scale.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Did they say it was for an anniversary, or were they just speculating? I thought the only information they actually said they had was that they knew one was in development, not even if it was one of the 2022 sets. It's been 9 years since the last real at-te (if you want to be a pedant, 6), and even if it's not from the most popular film it's well-known enough of a vehicle. Plus, it's pretty clear that lego doesn't like making many sets for new shows at first, preferring to wait. 

Also, lego designs sets well in advance of release. Baby Yoda sets are a good example, as they were no doubt rushed in development and yet even the brickheadz, something that's definately much quicker to design than an AT-TE, took almost a year.

They said probably so I guess it could have been speculation, but I think that they’re just reaching the logical conclusion that this anniversary is why Lego would be doing multiple AOTC sets this summer, even if they don’t directly acknowledge it.

I know that sets take a while to design, I’m questioning how we’d know about it so far in advance if it wasn’t coming in one of the next few waves. It’s not too early for Lego to start designing it if it were a 2023 release but it would be too early for us to know about it.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:40 PM, MSY-MSP said:

I happen to agree with you that Solo is severely underrated/underappreciated.  I think the problem it had was with the way it was made and the associated negative publicity.  I think folks immediately assumed that when Lord and Miller were let go that the film was doomed.  So they never gave it the chance that it deserved.  The story was good and there was real motivation in everything that occurred. It brings a lot to what influenced Han in the other movies.  In reality the current group of Star Wars fans get immediately upset or dislike a show simply because it didn't do what they wanted from it.   BoBF was the same way.  It told a story that had to be told in the way that it occurred.  Episodes 5 & 6 were necessary otherwise parts of Episode 7 simply wouldn't make any sense.  Yes those episodes were out of place for the series but essential for the story telling purposes.   The other thing they did was loop in all of the various characters and stories that are all intertwined in the new Star Wars world.

Spoiler

You sound like a hardcore apologist. There's absolutely no reason that resolving the grogu-mando conflict inside of two episodes not even within his own show was "essential" to the story of Boba Fett becoming a crime lord. Was it necessary to see Luke Skywalker for an entire episode? Don't get me wrong, episodes 5 & 6 were some of my favorite episodes of any Disney+ content, but the story of Boba Fett suffered massively as a result of their inclusion. If episode 5 was the first episode of Mandalorian season 3, I'd be giving a standing ovation. But Boba Fett's story was abandoned for two whole episodes, which also happened to be the two episodes preceding the season finale. The Pykes were poorly built up, and the villains were never concretely established. Cad Bane is introduced at the end of episode 6, and 'dies' by the end of episode 7. His live-action debut lasted barely an entire episode of TV. If we weren't dicking around on other planets for two full episodes, maybe they could have introduced Bane earlier and established the conflict between him and Boba.

Its telling that the only lego set actually based on the show itself isn't even related to Boba Fett at all. 

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Honestly, I could see them doing a new Death Star for $530. It would work with the price, and it would make sense given the retiring of the 2016 set.

I think it's got to be either this or endor, I'd say 60-35-5 odds in favor of it being the death star, endor, or something else.

8 minutes ago, The Stud said:

They said probably so I guess it could have been speculation, but I think that they’re just reaching the logical conclusion that this anniversary is why Lego would be doing multiple AOTC sets this summer, even if they don’t directly acknowledge it.

I know that sets take a while to design, I’m questioning how we’d know about it so far in advance if it wasn’t coming in one of the next few waves. It’s not too early for Lego to start designing it if it were a 2023 release but it would be too early for us to know about it.

Lego did multiple hoth sets in late 2021/early 2022. Lego did multiple ANH sets in january 2021.. There were multiple tatooine sets in january 2020, and some ROTS ships in august 2020. There were some sizable ROTS sets in 2019 as well. Going farther back, Lego's last big geonosis wave was in 2013. Unless lego was a big fan of the 42nd anniversary of ESB, 44th of ANH, 15th and 14th of ROTS, etc, those sets weren't tied to anniversaries. Now it's entirely possible that they've decided to do anniversary sets for AOTC, my point is that there's not really a historical case for that. The only time we've gotten anniversary sets for a SW film has been for ESB. 

The fact that promobricks says it's in development rather than saying directly it's one of the august sets is pretty good evidence to me that they don't know if it's an august wave set or not. We don't usually hear about sets "in development", usually it's just "this set is part of x wave" or "this set is coming in xhy (year)". Seeing as this type of thing very rarely happens (I can't think of another example off the top of my head, we usually know the set numbers/release dates first and the names second, not the other way around), what makes you think it's "too early" to know one is in development if we don't have prior examples, and you know how long sets take to design?

Again, I'm not saying we won't get an AT-TE this year, I just don't think it's a given for august at all, and less likely still that it's being made for the anniversary.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:17 PM, oodan said:

I hate this kind of revisionist crap. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People_vs._George_Lucas

Anyway, Mando's Naboo ship looks good but a boring figure selection and absurd price means there's zero chance I'm getting it unless it's significantly reduced, a very mid set much like The Book of Boba Fett itself

The sequels and all filmmakers involved would kill for a shred of the genius that Lucas has

As a data point, in the designer video, Hans stated that the development for 75222 - Betrayal at Cloud City took ~ 1 year and 75192 - Millennium Falcon UCS (V2) took 6 months. Given that, I would think it is plausible for the AT-TE to be in development for August or a later wave. 

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

$530 is way too much for a Nebulon B. That would be one of the worst selling Lego Star Wars sets of all time due to the high price and low interest. 

Jabba’s Sail Barge works as a UCS set in that price range at minifigure scale (like the Falcon and AT-AT). Other than that, for UCS sets at that price point people have talked about a Death Star 2, but I personally think that they wouldn’t make it that large.

I 100% agree. If they wanted to make a big Endor set, they’re better off making an Ewok Village and an Imperial Bunker separately. The landing platform is way too large and uninteresting to work in any official Lego set larger than micro-scale.

Yeah it'd be a bit of a stretch, but I'd think the Nebulon would be a massive build. The greebling alone would easily get you to the proper piece count for $530. Just curious, how much do you think a proper UCS Nebulon would sell for? As for the interest, it seemed like there was enough of a niche which voted for the set in the Ideas poll, but obviously votes in a poll don't automatically translate into purchases.

Jabba's sail barge or Death Star II are definitely plausible, too, and I'd buy either of them in a heartbeat. Endor would be cool too, just seems difficult to envision. I hope we get news soon.

31 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

The sequels and all filmmakers involved would kill for a shred of the genius that Lucas has

We try to balance things and allow some conversation about shows and movies in this thread. But if you want to start a full on discussion you should do it in the Media thread linked below in my signature.

21 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Looks like Boba's Throne Room is starting to show up for $80 in some Costco's in the US. Emmasaurus just found one in a Texas Costco. 

Yep, after i saw the palace in her stream i like the set even more. Will definitely pick up two.