MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On a more positive note: Boba‘s Throne Room can be pre-ordered on s@h, at least in Europe :laugh: No sign of the N-1 yet

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

On a more positive note: Boba‘s Throne Room can be pre-ordered on s@h, at least in Europe :laugh: No sign of the N-1 yet

It's on the US S@H as well (no N-1 there either yet).

Haha, people and businesses are hilarious. That’s their reputation down the drain. Stupid, misleading click bait nonsense. Then again, the Lego community is full of it. A quick glance on YouTube and type Lego Star Wars and you see it. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Wow, those prices...

I'd say that Lego won't sell many of the new sets, but on the other hand we have Lego and Star Wars Fanboys who buy everything at full price...

I want both of these, but not unteil they are at least 20% cheaper.

31 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The N1 is on Lego.com, but they clearly weren’t planning on revealing it today. (Due to the fact that it doesn’t come out until June, and it doesn’t have a name on the site yet.)

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/tbd-ip-lsw6-2022-75325

It's highlighted in an article on StarWars.com, so it was very much planned to be revealed today.

34 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Haha, people and businesses are hilarious. That’s their reputation down the drain. Stupid, misleading click bait nonsense. Then again, the Lego community is full of it. A quick glance on YouTube and type Lego Star Wars and you see it. 

On the other hand why would one store reveal new Star Wars sets? This is normally done by Lego itself followed by other stores but normally not by a store like JB Spielwaren alone. So I think the hype about a possible new set might set the expectations a little to high.

Here's how it shows up on the US version of Lego.com:

image.png.bd4c87cac5dbd0e8ca3d3bdbf217faf1.png

Looking at it closer I love the greebled engines! And that's an interesting new slope piece in the rear of the ship.

image.png.6f36be0b563cb133a67637c2ee523897.png

Seems totally unnecessary as a part. Maybe it was made for another set and got pulled by the N1 designer. I would totally by the tbd-IP-LSW6-2022 set :wink:, but not for $60. Nothing justifies the price.

5 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Here's how it shows up on the US version of Lego.com:

Yeah, that’s the same in Australia. Weird that they uploaded it without the name, lol. 

60$ is hard to swallow. Personally I'm not a fan of how the N-1 is constructed (mainly the wings being so thin) and the only figure I'm interested in is the BD unit, which will probably be included in the buildable figure version. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, what a disappointment... :jollyroger:

To make it even worse, the custom figure barely even looks like Danny Trejo in my opinion. This was a crappy move on their part.

Now that we know the N-1 is for sure $60 and not $70, I'm feeling pretty okay on the price. It'll probably be very easy to find for $48 in the US. Chances are that I'll still get it from the Lego Store though, I'm trying to rack up those VIP points to get the Star Destroyer before it retires.

Edited by The Stud

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Between inflation and just general LEGO prices, $60 makes sense for it, honestly. If it was $70+ US, I could see more issue, but $60 is about expected anymore. 

Ya, it's official 60$ now, but... 10$ inflation compared to last year? It more seams that Lego tiesed us with that 50$ sets last year, and now, when there's demand, why not to rise some prices. 

15 minutes ago, Citromon said:

Ya, it's official 60$ now, but... 10$ inflation compared to last year? It more seams that Lego tiesed us with that 50$ sets last year, and now, when there's demand, why not to rise some prices. 

Sorry, was there a Naboo Fighter released last year for $50, that I somehow missed?

Last I recall the most recent N1 we got was in 2015 for that price. $10 over 7 years doesn't seem all that bad a price hike, especially when inflation is sitting at a whopping 7.5% lately.

It's not like LEGO is just arbitrarily deciding to raise prices in a vacuum. Prices are rising everywhere, thanks to the supply chain issues. If it costs more for LEGO to get the materials, power the factories, and ship the products, you can bet it's going to cost us more to buy them.

Edited by jdubbs

Yes, but the $50 Naboo fighter from 2015 also came with lots of ground equipment and a whole battle pack worth of droids and Jedi.  The $60 Naboo fighter from 2022 doesn't have any of that.

7 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Sorry, was there a Naboo Fighter released last year for $50, that I somehow missed?

I was talking about Imperial TIE Fighter (40$), Luke X-Wing (50$), Boba Starship (50$), we also got some 60$ sets but with 150 more pieces than N1.

And for me N1 is not a canonical Naboo fighter, it's a remake, that appeared in Boba show and can be easily destroyed in Mando Season 3, to pay this money for it.

Edited by Citromon

The Mandalorian Fighter is also $60 and has 132 more pieces. Both it and the N1 are starfighters. Both have similar minifigure counts though the Mandalorian Fighter has all unique figs where as the N1 only has 1 new fig and 1 new droid. If the N1 had "chrome" parts I could see the justification for the price hike. But there seems to be no logical reason they raised the price.

47 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Last I recall the most recent N1 we got was in 2015 for that price. $10 over 7 years doesn't seem all that bad a price hike, especially when inflation is sitting at a whopping 7.5% lately.

It's not like LEGO is just arbitrarily deciding to raise prices in a vacuum. Prices are rising everywhere, thanks to the supply chain issues. If it costs more for LEGO to get the materials, power the factories, and ship the products, you can bet it's going to cost us more to buy them.

While I do largely agree, it does seem (at least to us mere mortals) like some of it is arbitrary. The Tallneck that got revealed today has basically three times as many pieces as the N1, is also based on a licensed property with a new mould, and costs only $20 more. Of course it's a difficult comparison with things like the Lucasfilm tax, different amount of figures and possibly being the two extremes of perceived value for money, but I do think the N1 is one of the more egregious examples of LEGO inflation, alongside Grievous' Starfighter from 18 months ago.

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

no lecture, just your interesting opinion :bonaparte:

Could you show pictures of your Crest? I would have preferred it in dark grey but as many parts were colour fixed I remodified it 99,99% into light grey with only a few dark grey and black texture. I think dark grey also mixes much better with gun metal grey parts while light grey and the few light silver pieces we've got looks a bit cheap together.

Would love to, thanks for your interest. I do have an idle flickr account which i'll attempt to add pics to.

46 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

The Mandalorian Fighter is also $60 and has 132 more pieces. Both it and the N1 are starfighters. Both have similar minifigure counts though the Mandalorian Fighter has all unique figs where as the N1 only has 1 new fig and 1 new droid. If the N1 had "chrome" parts I could see the justification for the price hike. But there seems to be no logical reason they raised the price.

But the N1 is from a live action show, which lights the Twittersphere on fire every week, while the Mandalorian Fighter is from an animated show, which is popular but not to the same degree.

So basically LEGO can get the money and therefore went for it.

17 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

So basically LEGO can get the money and therefore went for it.

That's the main point - Lego know it will sale, cause it's from a popular show, and they can charge 60$ for a thing, that cost 40-50. That! And not inflation, supply and all that s..t. 

55 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Does the N1 set have chrome parts? I know nowadays TLG is pretty reclusive when it comes to chrome parts. I do however remember the weird 2002 UCS N1 set that had rare chrome pieces for the engine housings, front engine cones, front wings, and the long slope pieces in the front. It is really obscure and generally unknown by anybody, but is a weird coincidental example of a past N1 set with chrome parts. I couldn’t really think TLG would have chrome parts in the set, but  seeing how much it would probably fly off the shelves once released, I don’t think the TLG tightwads will produce that many chrome pieces.

16 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Those look great! There's so much potential in making Fallen Order sets. Hopefully the $100 BD-1 is just the start. I assume the BD-1 figure that comes with it will have red markings instead of the blue that is in the N-1 Starfighter set since that's the default color scheme for him.

I think it'll be red too. Using an alternate color scheme in a set based of TboBF is nice, but if the fallen order bd-1 is blue, that'd be absurd. I like the customization features of the game, but canonically Bd-1 is white with red, Cal has a blue lightsaber, and the mantis is navy blue.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I always thought the mando fighter was $70...maybe I'll get one, $60 is a better price for it.

The N-1 should have been $50, inflation would just about cancel out the side builds of the 2015 set.

2 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Does the N1 set have chrome parts? 

Not a single one.

2 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Does the N1 set have chrome parts? I know nowadays TLG is pretty reclusive when it comes to chrome parts. I do however remember the weird 2002 UCS N1 set that had rare chrome pieces for the engine housings, front engine cones, front wings, and the long slope pieces in the front. It is really obscure and generally unknown by anybody, but is a weird coincidental example of a past N1 set with chrome parts. I couldn’t really think TLG would have chrome parts in the set, but  seeing how much it would probably fly off the shelves once released, I don’t think the TLG tightwads will produce that many chrome pieces.

I can't speak for drum lacquered elements, but the chrome pieces you speak on in that set - they don't make anymore. Painstaking to manufacture (the chrome didn't stay on the pieces all that well), costly and bad for the environment. I hope they can bring a better method back (seems like drum lacquering is that method). 

Not sure whether I like the new N1 to be honest. It does capture some of the shape better than past releases but the set feels ridiculously oversized for what it is. Understandable given the build needs to accommodate Grogu in the droid socket but I'd still prefer something closer in scale to the 1999/UCS sets. Hopefully the next time they revisit the classic TPM version of the ship they'll go with something much smaller and more affordable.

The new BD Droid does look great though and Peli Motto is a welcome inclusion.