MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

75331 will be a MBS Coruscant Galactic City modular in the style of Ninjago City

Should include the Coruscant Underground, Dexter Jettster's Diner, the Senate Building, Padme's apartment skyscraper, and Palpatine's office tower

Two airspeeders from opening chase scene as sidebuilds

6 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

75331 will be a MBS Coruscant Galactic City modular in the style of Ninjago City

Should include the Coruscant Underground, Dexter Jettster's Diner, the Senate Building, Padme's apartment skyscraper, and Palpatine's office tower

Hmm...sounds a little too far off the reservation to me without any known good will with the group. Heavy doubt on this one for now. 

7 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

Based on what? Source?

8 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

If what you say is true, you will have gained my trust. For now, we must wait for more reliable sources

17 minutes ago, gradatim said:

Based on what? Source?

Source: Trust me, bro :tongue:

Come on guys, haven’t we learned anything from the last few weeks? :snicker:

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Source: Trust me, bro :tongue:

Come on guys, haven’t we learned anything from the last few weeks? :snicker:

Yes that's too good to be true...

To be honest, what would be funny for this group once, is there is a list or a set that is so outrageous, we all dismiss it out of hand. None of the major, reputable leaks hear or report on it, it disappears from mind, except this one insistent individual and then it just ends up on store *surprise*. Would be funny, just one time. I think we are all too good and thirsty for leaks to let something like that happen. 

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hahah don’t even give that guy a second. Funniest post I’ve seen in a while!

Yep. I don't believe him for one second.

Ehh, no thanks to that Coruscant nonsense.

I hope the big set will turn out to be Endor as is speculated by some, but we’ll see.

4 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

To be honest, what would be funny for this group once, is there is a list or a set that is so outrageous, we all dismiss it out of hand. None of the major, reputable leaks hear or report on it, it disappears from mind, except this one insistent individual and then it just ends up on store *surprise*. Would be funny, just one time. I think we are all too good and thirsty for leaks to let something like that happen. 

I wish to be true bu let's wait...

Do you know when the first rumors regarding MBS Mos Eisley appeared? 2-3 months before release ?

Edited by gradatim

1 minute ago, gradatim said:

I wish to be true bu let's wait...

Do you know when first rumors regarding MBS Mos Eisley appeared? 2-3 months release ?

No idea, I just follow the forum and add a thought ever now and then. I recall that there was a rumor for a new Imperial Shuttle. Maybe that was a secret plan by some sly individuals to have the price drop on the old one temporarily so they could buy it at a more reasonable price. 

not sure if others have said this yet but i feel there is a chance pit droids are included but they just are not counted as minifigs, probably just hopeful thinking tho

25 minutes ago, gradatim said:

Do you know when the first rumors regarding MBS Mos Eisley appeared? 2-3 months before release ?

All year, that set was rumored to be a UCS Imperial Shuttle.  In late July, some Eurobricks-only leakers (I believe jdubbs, primarily) teased something about the Cantina scene.  I believe that some of the reliable leakers on other sites picked up on it in a week or two after that, and we had preliminary pictures by mid-late August and an official reveal in September.  

Essentially, it was a very quick turnaround.  It seems like UCS info tends to leak inconsistently.  For example, by the time the Landspeeder comes, we'll have known about it for 5-6 months, but stuff like the Cantina had only been rumored for 3-4 weeks.  I think the AT-AT was also kind of similar, we knew there was an $800 price point, which only could've been a couple of things, so the AT-AT was definitely heavily speculated, but I don't think it was officially confirmed that we were getting it until late summer.  

In regards to the Coruscant one, I don't buy it.  That kind of set would make sense as a means of depicting Coruscant, but I really, really, really cannot see them putting out a $500+ prequel MBS a year after their first prequel UCS in a decade.  There's no way they'd have enough sales data from it to accurately decide whether or not they can put another prequel D2C set into production, especially since this fall D2C is likely already finalized.

Wow the N1 looks amazing! Definitely not worth the price point but still a really great set and amazing figs! 

Still disappointing about the darksaber being a black rod.

Edited by Batman1

Are the other summer sets due to release in June? It seems strange we have official pics of the N-1 but still don’t even know the other sets coming in June? 

3 minutes ago, Batman1 said:

Are the other summer sets due to release in June? It seems strange we have official pics of the N-1 but still don’t even know the other sets coming in June? 

August. 

3 minutes ago, Batman1 said:

Yeah, its pretty weird how we got pics so early, but I think the rest of the sets come in August

Looks good, wish they’d included a (useless) side build to pad out the piece count. Or even a couple pit droids.
Now I need a yellow one using the newish inverted arches this one is using.

Well... I hate that set.

The build is awful. While in the series, the starfighter is sleek and feels really compact, what LEGO put together looks like a bunch of junk next to it.

Seriously, it looks like someone took a bunch of random LEGO bricks and patched an ugly version of this starfighter. It's too thin, while it also isn't smooth at all. 

Minifigures don't look that good either. Sure, Peli looks good, but BD kinda sucks. It looks too detailed for such a small LEGO mould, no it also feels too tall.

The price is also awful. 70€ for that piece of junk? No thank you.

21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s pretty oversized, but looks great

It doesn't seem too oversized to me. Maybe a little, and definitely compared to recent downsized ships, but it seems a pretty good scale.

New Mandos N-1 pics are out, set looks pretty cool. BD droid is good mold, but lack of new Darksaber piece and ridiculous 70$ price are huge negatives here. This should be 50$ at most if set had new mold for Darksaber. 

Edited by benderisgreat

Dank farrik, that's fast.  Fast to get the pictures out, I mean.  Looks halfway decent, but in my eyes it's one ugly ship so I'm glad the set doesn't tempt me.  If TLG had taken a new structural approach that would evolve the N-1 in the direction of the Inthert MOC, I might have bought the Mando N-1 just for that.  As is, I prefer the clean smooth lines and bright colors of the factory fresh N-1 and for that I'm content with the 2015 set.

New N-1 feels rushed. I get what LEGO was going for, but the execution leaves something to be desired from me. I'll have a better idea on seeing real pictures. Not every set is a hit (or has to be) and this is a miss for me personally.