MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I think Lego may be going after this one. The leaks hashtag was down for violating community content for a bit, and I can’t seem to find Lego club news or lego flub news at all. Then again, maybe I’m just not very Insta savvy.

I love the palace set!!! It's too bad it's only based on the end credits scene of Mando season 2 but it looks like it could potentially fit a small expansion on top if they wanted to make his bacta tank room. I'm sure this is also just the first of many bobf sets and it serves as a great foundation. 

51 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

hairpiece is out of production though (I got it but no Fennec for now..) and Lego wouldn't put it on "normal" Lego figs. Even though I can say from experience it's one of the best rubber hair pieces; fits very tight (some friends hair pieces tend to just fall off).

Lego has done the rubber hairpieces for normal figs before though, Qi'ra had one.

The set itself does seem small for the price. Not bad at all just small. But those new minifigures are gorgeous. Kind of helps me deal with the price.

3 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Lego has done the rubber hairpieces for normal figs before though, Qi'ra had one.

The set itself does seem small for the price. Not bad at all just small. But those new minifigures are gorgeous. Kind of helps me deal with the price.

The Makari hair piece is honestly what I was expecting them to use so I don't mind it even if it isn't perfect. The set itself is a bit small for the price but I really like it. If they included 1 more Gamorean and another additional figure, perhaps an Aqualish or something I think it would have helped.

I've been a bit on the fence about getting any of the newer sets. I've really not been too keen on any of the others that have been leaked but this looks really interesting. I mean the minifigures look fantastic and the set, while it is a little small is still pretty nice.

Edited by Gjm-greeny

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I think only the (much nicer looking) throne section with just 4-5 figs would have worked better. It will be interesting if the unpopularity of the show will have any effect on sales of Boba toys, as they basically pulled a Rian Johnson on the character and show :pir-laugh:. If it is recognisable enough as a EP6 set though it could probably just sell as that.

I mean, the show is reported to be doing very well in ratings so I doubt the set will flop. Besides, after tomorrow’s finale, some of the gripes people have with the show itself may very well dissipate and be forgotten about when this set releases in a few weeks. (Yes, I’m being optimistic.)

40 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I think Lego may be going after this one. The leaks hashtag was down for violating community content for a bit, and I can’t seem to find Lego club news or lego flub news at all. Then again, maybe I’m just not very Insta savvy.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Lego/Lucasfilm/Disney were likely wanting to coordinate this reveal with the finale of the show or with the “Bonus Bounties” merchandise campaign Star Wars.com has got going on. If memory serves correct, I think this is the first full Lego Star Wars set leak we’ve gotten in 2022 surprisingly, so kudos to them for keeping the January and other March sets under wraps I guess.

As for my thoughts on the set itself, I dig it but do find the build to be kinda… boring. It lacks the roundness of Jabba/Boba’s Palace and the rectangular sections of the build looks too similar to one of the Mos Eisley Cantina sets to be honest. I’d say the 2012 Jabba’s Palace is probably better overall, but this set has the advantage of a better dais/throne and not being super expensive on the secondary market. I’m still getting it, as I do still like this set in spite of its flaws and I intend to stick to my goal of getting every Star Wars Disney+ set, excluding the helmets. I just probably won’t rush out to get this one like I was previously planning on; I’ll most likely just pick it up in June along with the mystery $60 TBOBF set. I’ll just prioritize the Imperial Light Cruiser, Bad Batch Shuttle and some bigger purchases in the meantime. 

And as for the minifigures, I think seven is a pretty generous amount for a $100 set. I don’t have many ROTJ sets surprisingly, so it’ll be nice to get updated versions of Bib Fortuna, the Gamorrean Guard and some of the other aliens like the amazing new Quarren. From what I can tell, the Fennec hair piece and face look nothing like her imo. Maybe The Bad Batch version but definitely not the live-action counterpart. That’s a bit of a bummer. And is it just me or does the printing on Boba’s helmet look updated? I have the 2021 version and the visor definitely doesn’t contrast with the red like that. (I think some of the printing on mine is messed up actually, you can see some of the sand green mixed with the black visor printing when you shine a light on it.) The dent on the helmet looks kinda different here too, but maybe I’m just seeing things.

Edited by The Stud

Love the set. But it seems like a missed opportunity to get an updated Gamorrean among other figs. 

Minifigs look amazing. (Aside from the Boba Fett helmet & jetpack, but that’s nothing new.)

The outside of the build is meh, but I have the 2012 palace so I’m not too upset. As a massive Jabba’s Palace fan, this is an automatic buy for me. Now I’m interested in seeing whether the Canadian price is still $140 (to $100 USD) or if it will go down like some Canadian set conversions have recently. 

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Love the set. But it seems like a missed opportunity to get an updated Gamorrean among other figs. 

At least they gave it new leg printing. A new mould for a shirtless Gamorrean that just appears in the Book of Boba Fett and one scene in the Mandalorian wasn’t realistic considering the fact that Grogu, the Saxon/Armorer helmet, Tech’s helmet, and Fennec’s helmet are the only new moulds made for the Disney+ shows so far. 

Plus the Gamorreans in the scene the set is based of were in the ROTJ outfits anyways.

To be honest, really not a fan. Manages to look worse than the 2012 set, somehow? Instead of that nice dome roof it looks like it has a space-helipad or something. Tower is smaller and overall worse as well. I like the little seating bit, it fits the cramped and crowded feel of the palace, and I like the throne, but that's pretty much it. The rancor grate is an absolute joke, too. You're gonna drop them a single plate? At least the 2012 one had the decency to combine with a rancor pit set, and to have standing space around it so you could stack it on some books or something to drop figures, this makes the grate higher up than the surrounding area. Also, they couldn't even get fennec's hair right, it really doesn't look like Ming-Na.

Overall 5/10 set, it really seems like a downgrade compared to a model a decade older than it. Hopefully the Quarren is cheap on BL, I do like the squiddy bois.

It looks like Bib is being held in place on the throne by the "walls" around his legs, not any studs... I'm guessing there's an action feature to launch him out of the throne

I like it. From this picture it does feel maybe just a tad small, but not too bad, and all of the exclusive and otherwise hard to obtain figures are great.

For the people saying 2012 was better, I get that that one got the overall shape of Jabba's palace better, but this one does the interior proportions of the throne room more accurately and is SO much more highly detailed. Bless the person who uploaded pics of the old one to LEGO leaks, making it so easy to compare side by side. Of course all of the 2012 characters were more memorable and beloved though.

My only true knock against it would be the lack of Fennec's helmet (though maybe it is included, just not in this picture?). Besides that, it's just incredibly niche getting Big Fortuna who sees so little screen time, but that also means we're almost certainly never going to get him ever again, so it's now or never.

The Palace is not bad, though not as good as I'd hoped, the throne is nice but the building looks to square and I am a bit confused with the turkey leg on a spit behind the throne, it makes me worry there is no back or exterior on the building

Edited by Stuartn

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Oh my, $100 for that?! Looks poor if I’m honest, but I own the 2012 palace and nothing will compare to that. 

AUD150 for that? It’s a good set but not at that price. Especially given the Dagobah set is meant to be cheaper, larger and with more pieces. Is the high price simply because of the Quarren, Gamorrean and Bib Chungus molds? 

I don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said: nice set, not so nice price (though my opinion could change once I see it some more). I do wonder what this means for the $70 BoBF set (it is confirmed to be for that right?). There was speculation it was going to be a Rancor pit, and while that's not impossible, I feel like they probably would have designed this set with that in mind if we were getting one anytime soon.

It seems like they've given the palace the same treatment as the cantina in 2014. The throne looks nice enough, but at 100 bucks this is an easy pass for me.

31 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It seems like they've given the palace the same treatment as the cantina in 2014. The throne looks nice enough, but at 100 bucks this is an easy pass for me.

Yes, I thought of that as well.  It reminds me quite a bit of both the 2014 and 2018 Cantina models with the three sections being hinged.  It's a little bit small, in my opinion, but looks pretty detailed.  I do really like the throne area, that looks accurate to the show.  The tower could be taller, and I wish that the room on the left had a little bit more going on.  I might pick it up, but not at full price.  I see this more at like $70 versus $100, being honest.

Wow, the palace looks great! I like how it focus’s more on interior, having the area to the left etc., however when it comes to exterior there’s no competition, and I have the 2012 one so I’ll just use that for exterior. For some reason the tower looks really similar to the old one in even the smaller details, like the binocs on a clip on the side of it and stuff. 

1 hour ago, DrCoomer said:

Rystall Sant needed a new hair mold or something. The part they went with is not only the wrong color, but the shape is completely off and there's no depiction of the signature horns on her face. 

The horns are part of her face print. But yeah, that could've been done better. Her skin tone isn't really right either.

Looks like something should be on top of the main section with the little clip pieces on there and such.Bacta room with black k would make sense.Otherwise kinda weird they didn’t round off the top like the last one.

I don't think the set looks grand enough to convincingly portray Jabba's palace, especially compared to the 2012 one as many have said.

But I still kind of like it. I like the figures, the interior looks cool. And depending on the exterior, it could act as a nice little Mos Eisley expansion placed next to the Cantina if you just pretend it's a random Tatooine building.  

Where is the roof? Will there be some add-on like in last years Harry Potter modular wave? The set feels incomplete without the roof. From this point of view, the 2012 set looks much better. And Boba's helmet has still the wrong color. But I like the inclusion of quarren and BIG Fortuna.