MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

How likely d’y’all reckon it is that we’ll get a widespread picture (even if blurry) of the palace before the official reveal? I’m DYING to see this thing, and it seems a few people have been able to get a look at a blurry image, however it doesn’t seem to be all over the place just yet. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

At least one of them is a march reveal, right? Images might not be too far off either for...I think it was dagobah in march, the trash compactor in may, and I don't remember when the trench run was. I'm also gonna take the mention of quote sets to remind lego that they should make a skywalker homestead qoute set where you can swap out EP2 Anakin, EP4 Luke, and EP9 Rey looking at the sunset, with the quote being "a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away..."

Training on Dagobah (75330) and the Death Star Trench Run (75329) are supposed to release in May, along with the UCS Landspeeder. 

The rumoured set number for the Trash Compactor is 75339, which falls after the August sets in numerical order, so who knows when it will release. (Although I don’t ever think it was confirmed to be the Trash Compactor)

2 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Training on Dagobah (75330) and the Death Star Trench Run (75329) are supposed to release in May, along with the UCS Landspeeder. 

The rumoured set number for the Trash Compactor is 75339, which falls after the August sets in numerical order, so who knows when it will release. (Although I don’t ever think it was confirmed to be the Trash Compactor)

We did get full details of the Compactor, so it should exist (size, figs, etc.) 

On 2/4/2022 at 3:40 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not just that.

The source deleted this post, even tho he hyped this info with a countdown.

Not to mention that he said it's a 10x10 plate set, but the price was 50€.

“He”? Let me guess, Mr. No? 

The Walmart that I work at is getting a shipment of the Dark Trooper set on February 24th. So be sure to check your local stores if you care about getting it before release day. The name at Walmart is TBD-IP-LSW5-2022 (at least it is in Ontario, Canada). 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nah, that...gentleman's leaks were based more on new themes than new sets, and only on here. (IIRC it was indiana jones-which I honestly think'll happen anyway, legend of zelda-not sure why everyone was believing him, but sure, it's somewhat understandable, and... a new knights theme called, I s%*t you not, "KNIGHTS OF VALOR", which would have mini dolls instead of minifigs...not sure how anyone believed that.)

14 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

We did get full details of the Compactor, so it should exist (size, figs, etc.) 

Yeah, we knew about it long before the trench run even, and by reliable sources too.

3 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The Walmart that I work at is getting a shipment of the Dark Trooper set on February 24th. So be sure to check your local stores if you care about getting it before release day. The name at Walmart is TBD-IP-LSW5-2022 (at least it is in Ontario, Canada). 

Heck yeah, ima check all my local stores right now. Thanks for letting us know!

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No, Mr. No just said some stuff about Indiana Jones sets (which are real), and Zelda sets (which he made up), here on Eurobricks.

That was some random Instagram person.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Nah, that...gentleman's leaks were based more on new themes than new sets, and only on here. (IIRC it was indiana jones-which I honestly think'll happen anyway, legend of zelda-not sure why everyone was believing him, but sure, it's somewhat understandable, and... a new knights theme called, I s%*t you not, "KNIGHTS OF VALOR", which would have mini dolls instead of minifigs...not sure how anyone believed that.)

I might take everything with a pinch of salt but it's not like many people were wishing for minidoll knights, which makes it easier to believe , like it doesn't have that 'it's too good to be true' factor.

I think he ruined his chances for his idea set now, I mean I'd have much rather'd the other Avatar (Aang/ Korra) than the Pandora one anyhow.

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think he ruined his chances for his idea set now, I mean I'd have much rather'd the other Avatar (Aang/ Korra) than the Pandora one anyhow.

The Avatar II rumour didn‘t come from him though, so this one‘s still real, I think…? :shrug_oh_well:

So, fingers crossed this is the week they finally reveal the palace set :grin: Isn’t it weird that the season will be over tomorrow, and the only current tie-in set still hasn’t been unveiled yet? A set that isn‘t even based on the show, no less?!

If they continue like that, we‘re getting ROTS and Rogue One sets in the summer instead of Kenobi and Andor tie-ins :tongue:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If they continue like that, we‘re getting ROTS and Rogue One sets in the summer instead of Kenobi and Andor tie-ins :tongue:

Don't get my hopes up :laugh:

Build is smaller than I thought, yet I guess this could look better than I expected when all closed-up. I'll have to wait until the official reveal in order to know whether I'm buying it or not.

It looks really nice honestly. The plate for Rancor's pit looks so awkward and out of place tho.

Can't wait to see HD pics.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Looks like a decent set :thumbup: Still fail to see the point in hiding it for so long though. This could easily have been part of the January wave :tongue: 

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like a decent set :thumbup: Still fail to see the point in hiding it for so long though. This could easily have been part of the January wave :tongue: 

Being conspicuous only by your absence is kind of the in thing though. :head_back:

In fact, now that I look at the pictures again, I'm having concerns about it actually being able to close-up. It seems the hinge pieces for the sections on both sides are going to lock in a 90° angle which I would definitely have to mod if it came to be the case.

Damn, that’s a nice looking set! Makkari’s hairpiece from Eternals makes perfect sense for Fennec. Wish they’d recolour Boba’s helmet but who knows, maybe June’s TBoBF set will give us that update.

It’s amusing how Lego imposes these embargos on set reveals only for them to leak pretty much 9 times out of 10. Absolutely nothing spoileriric here and the delay in revealing it makes me think this will be branded as a TBoBF set after all.

Overall, Lego’s Star Wars offerings this year are off to an excellent start. Incredibly hyped for what the summer wave will entail, fingers crossed we get a solid list in the coming weeks.

Edited by T21Typhoon

Seeing what we had before (in my opinion more interesting figs, nice exterior) it feels a bit lacking. But I guess with the lower price and given the restrictions it's the best they could do. Crazy they really don't seem to be able to put some round pieces on the top. I guess you could order them for a few bucks anyway. Also doesn't look like there could be any rancor pit attachment.

I think only the (much nicer looking) throne section with just 4-5 figs would have worked better. It will be interesting if the unpopularity of the show will have any effect on sales of Boba toys, as they basically pulled a Rian Johnson on the character and show :pir-laugh:. If it is recognisable enough as a EP6 set though it could probably just sell as that.

Makkari's hair for Fennec... meh.....
It doesn't really look like her hair in the show.. the only thing in common is the braids.. I still think that one's better tbh
11605.png
Got the braid, the loose hair in her face etc.. and it looks good

hairpiece is out of production though (I got it but no Fennec for now..) and Lego wouldn't put it on "normal" Lego figs. Even though I can say from experience it's one of the best rubber hair pieces; fits very tight (some friends hair pieces tend to just fall off).