MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

The Lego City Fun at the Beach is $49.99, but is $39.99 at Kmart, same goes for some Mario sets too, hopefully the Dark Trooper set follows this pattern. $10 more than Americans isn't too insulting.

Oh that's good(ish) to hear! I haven't been paying close attention.

And if we get really lucky, this set will be in stock during one of the other retailers' 25% off sales. But surely that'd be dreamin again.

51 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Well, this Dark Trooper set is pretty hyped, and it's not dead last!

Damn. Some of the retailers like Kmart that set prices below RRP will have it for less though, but now this means that even at those ones it probably won't be below $45 or $40.

LEGO did used to do $25 in the Star Wars line, but maybe that was as long as 10 years ago now.

Here in the US, the last $25 Star Wars set I remember is the Duel on Naboo from 2017. So not quite ten years, though it having been five still blows my mind. (I don’t know where the hell the last five years have gone.) It was a nice price point they had for a couple years with sets like Obi-Wan’s Interceptor and the Carbon Freeze Chamber but Lego got rid of it unfortunately.

Side note, but I miss when Walmart immediately put sets for 20% off or more as soon as they came out. It takes a while for them to give anything a discount anymore, or at least in my area. The last wave that they immediately discounted on release day was Triple Force Friday; I actually ended up doing a good amount of my shopping there and got the rest of the wave at the Lego Store. The January 2020 wave was the first time in a while that I noticed Walmart not discounting sets right off the bat. COVID obviously hasn’t helped matters, and now great clearance deals are far and few between.

Edited by The Stud

7 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

I think its a week after the final episode. Its a 7 episode series and ep. 6 releases tomorrow

Yep, sorry. Did my maths wrong. 

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

Here in the US, the last $25 Star Wars set I remember is the Duel on Naboo from 2017. So not quite ten years, though it having been five still blows my mind. (I don’t know where the hell the last five years have gone.) It was a nice price point they had for a couple years with sets like Obi-Wan’s Interceptor and the Carbon Freeze Chamber but Lego got rid of it unfortunately.

Ah yes you're right, 2017 was the last time we saw USD $25. Even when it's looked to have been the perfect price point sometimes since, LEGO goes with $20 or $30 instead. Alas.

That Dark Trooper set is pretty cool, and I was quite excited about it. But after some time to mull it over I think I may just skip it and grab the Luke figure down the line due to the price. 

Looking back at the sets they pump out at this price range where the minifigure is the main draw (ToT, AAT, etc) just end up going in my parts containers anyway. Presumably the Luke fig should end up being pretty cheap online if everyone's buying multiples and selling it! :grin:

Very excited to see Boba's palace, but the rumours that it includes (unsurprisingly) the same Boba figure from Slave I with the off-colour helmet is a bit disappointing. Hopefully the rest of the set makes up for it! 

There’s a VERY blurry picture of some of the minifigs included in Boba’s Palace :laugh: Looks like my guess about the S17 dancer’s hairpiece being reused was actually correct :grin:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s a VERY blurry picture of some of the minifigs included in Boba’s Palace :laugh: Looks like my guess about the S17 dancer’s hairpiece being reused was actually correct :grin:

I went looking and only found pictures of a Quarren and Twi'lek minifigure, that were posted on Reddit 15 days ago.
Were these posted here yet? 

Edited by commdr_neyo

13 minutes ago, commdr_neyo said:

I went looking and only found pictures of a Quarren and Twi'lek minifigure, that were posted on Reddit 15 days ago.

These were discussed, I believe the picture @BrickBob Studpants is the one currently on #legoleaks on Instagram. Aside from the pink hairpiece and the fact Bib is in his usual outfit, there isn't much new to learn, especially since the previous pictures were higher quality than 144p. :laugh:

1 hour ago, commdr_neyo said:

I would suggest removing the pictures and links since leaks are not allowed on EB :wink:

Wellll we definitely need and want a new minifig of this certain character I won’t be spoiling.

People who saw the latest Book of Mando episode know  :purrr:

#legoleaks Instagram now has a (definitely not hd) pic of 3 figures from boba’s palace - Bob fortuna, rystall sant and the quarren set up with a load of other figures 

I think they all have the right pieces but rystall has bright pink hair which looks like a new recolour but is it accurate? 

25 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

#legoleaks Instagram now has a (definitely not hd) pic of 3 figures from boba’s palace - Bob fortuna, rystall sant and the quarren set up with a load of other figures 

I think they all have the right pieces but rystall has bright pink hair which looks like a new recolour but is it accurate? 

It’s not even anywhere near accurate in shape or color. I’m not a fan of this minifigure at all and still hope the one we are seeing turns out to be a fake/custom. 

Edited by TBD

Hi, will the accessories packs be available at certain retailers as well or will they remain "Lego exclusives"?

It's a good helmet, but also... not?

The lower part is amazing, I love how it's done. I absolutely hate the upper part tho.

The lower part is so smooth, not a single stud visible, whole the upper part is made all of studs. The contrast looks really bad, and it looks really weird. 

People won’t like the Dark Trooper helmet, but please give it chance. 1) the angle Lego has given makes it look worse and 2) its a hard helmet to make, but it’s accurate because it has an odd shape anyway. 

Dark Trooper helmet looks to be accurate, but without the bulk of the shoulders next to it it does really emphasise the strange shape of the head. It'll probably have some interesting techniques on the inside though.

A pass for me, once again only really one helmet of the three I'll probably pick up.

Perhaps it would have been better if Lego stayed away from the helmet line altogether since most of them are a swing and a miss.

@lego_fulcrum on IG says that the Gamorrean Guard torso mold from 2012/2013 "is coming back".
Any truth to the rumor?

Honestly, I'd be surprised since it hasn't been used in 9 years and the Gamorrean's we've seen in BoBF have been shirtless.

1 minute ago, lomis said:

@lego_fulcrum on IG says that the Gamorrean Guard torso mold from 2012/2013 "is coming back".
Any truth to the rumor?

Honestly, I'd be surprised since it hasn't been used in 9 years and the Gamorrean's we've seen in BoBF have been shirtless.

1. It’s Fulcrum, so we have no idea if it’s true or not.
  2. This set is based on Mando S2. The guards in that scene weren’t shirtless :shrug_oh_well:

Could go either way then. I’d say an armoured version is more likely, but not based on what Fulcrum said :tongue:

3 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

Hi, will the accessories packs be available at certain retailers as well or will they remain "Lego exclusives"?

They will probably remain exclusive, like other theme minifigure accessory packs. 

The geometry of the Dark Trooper helmet is a little disappointing, however I’ll still be picking it up along with Din’s helmet. 

So is the palace set not being revealed today then? I got the impression today was supposed to be the day.

not really relevant for this topic, but looking at the low-quality pictures of minifigs, do I see a minifig with an old-school tricorn hat? Does anyone know if a minifig like this is to be expected in any set, maybe minifig series? Or does this imply the theme chosen for the 90th anniversary (pirates or a mix of themes)?

I don't undertsand why they aren't revealing Boba's palace yet since it isn't based on BoBF but Mandalorian season 2.