MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

So it looks like the Dark Trooper Attack has a picture of the new palace in the instructions (or at least some new SW set). It's covered in the one review that is available of the set.

13 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

So it looks like the Dark Trooper Attack has a picture of the new palace in the instructions (or at least some new SW set). It's covered in the one review that is available of the set.

Do you mean literally covered, as in the guy's hand is covering it in the JB Spielwaren video? Because I see something, but I can't tell what it is.

The hallway looks pretty good (though LOTS of stickers to get right), but $30/30€ (/$45 AUD) for 166 pieces! Come on.... What happened to the lovely $25 USD price point. That I could sort of stomach.

Still a fun set with good Minifigure selection, and something different.

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Do you mean literally covered, as in the guy's hand is covering it in the JB Spielwaren video? Because I see something, but I can't tell what it is.

That's what I meant, yeah. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

29 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Looks like a bit of a Gamorrean torso. I am so excited for this set. :excited:

Wow, us Lego Star Wars fans are eating good today! Myself included, I got my three Hoth Accessory Sets and Ahsoka Brickhead today.

Getting the less exciting stuff out of the way, or less exciting for me anyway, the new helmets revealed the other day are cool. Luke’s might even be the best one yet. I think I’m done getting Lego helmets though; I got Boba Fett’s for “free” with my VIP Points and enjoyed it. I eventually got the Stormtrooper for 20% off but didn’t feel like I got a great value even for that price. I’m definitely content with that part of my Lego Collection. And now that I’m collecting actual, wearable helmets (I got the Black Series Mando one for Christmas and plan on getting Luke’s helmet at Galaxy’s Edge), I just don’t really have the need for Lego versions. Looks like the Mando and Dark Trooper helmets are going to be exceptions to my goal to have every wide-release Lego Mandalorian set.

The Dark Trooper Attack set looks fantastic. The more I look at it, the more I like it. This set balances between being a fun play piece and a nice diorama. That box art is also gorgeous, especially with Mando and Grogu on there. I’m really glad Lego changed things up with the Star Wars box art this year; the white brick-built design was getting old.

The figures are also great. Getting more of that awesome Dark Trooper in a cheap set is awesome. I’m also very impressed that Lego went all out with new torso and leg printing for Luke. The Final Duel figure would have been okay, though a lot of us are sick of getting that same exact one since 2015. Allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for a second, but I can’t help but wonder if we’re getting a ROTJ set this summer so Lego can reuse this new figure. (Fingers crossed for MBS Endor.)

Chances are that I’ll get two of this set to make both sides of the hallway, and I might even Bricklink some extra Dark Troopers and those panel prints/stickers to expand it even further. Overall, I say that this set continues the streak of The Mandalorian consistently bringing us great sets. (Well, besides Trouble on Tatooine. That one was definitely pretty meh.)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see leaked or official pictures of Boba Fett’s Palace within the next day or two. I’m excited to see it!

Edited by The Stud

So I looked at the review of the new set at a slower speed, and you can see the tower of the palace and bits of the set when he moves his hand a little. Hopefully the set will be revealed soon...

Overall this one looks great! Definitely my favorite Luke minifigure so far. I'm only slightly grumpy by the price and kinda wish that wall didn't have the open part close to the elevator but all in all a great scene reproduction. 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On the box art, we cam see Grogu's buildable cradle. Wonder if it will actually appear in an upcoming set.

That looks like the same design from the Advent Calendar, just replacing the red parts with grey or tan.

I love the Dark Trooper set! It makes for such a nice display and I'm glad yhey gave Luke the new hood piece. Yhe change to the Dark Trooper guns is great, much more accurate and they'll actually be able to point them straight unlike the Stormtrooper blaster mold that clashes with the armor. I'm definitely going to add my Dark Trooper from the cruiser in there. $30 is also pretty reasonable for what you get.

Also, I like the boxart. I wonder if we're going to get a Mando set that includes Grogu in that pram some time this year. Also, I'm really looking forward to getting a good look at Boba's Palace.

Edited by ToaDraco

Great Dark Trooper set! Just amazing! At first glance I thought it was a MOC (in a good way) but it's an actual set with three cool identical (!) figures! 

I know this is off-topic but the clone trooper set is finally in stock in Australia so I grabbed 2. So excited!!

Is it just me or does the new Luke figure look like he has a new cape piece that’s shorter and less wide? If it is new that would be epic but I don’t see why they would bother with one. 

3 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Is it just me or does the new Luke figure look like he has a new cape piece that’s shorter and less wide? If it is new that would be epic but I don’t see why they would bother with one. 

Good catch - it definitely looks new! I thought it might even be an annoying one hole Cape from one of the pictures, but I think it is indeed two holes with a new cut.

New Darktroopers set is freaking great! Love that hallway looks so nicely built, and surprisingly big for 160 pieces. New Luke is a welcome addition to my collection, didn’t expect him to be new minifig. And of course 3 Darktroopers are nice to get in a set. Overall I’m very happy with this set.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Good catch - it definitely looks new! I thought it might even be an annoying one hole Cape from one of the pictures, but I think it is indeed two holes with a new cut.

Just watched JB Spielwaren’s review of the set - doesn’t look new to me anymore, just weirdly displayed on the box art perhaps?

Edit: On second thought, it does actually look new, but instead of being shorter and less wide like I thought, it looks like it has a rounder lower end? I have no idea at this point. Let’s just hope it’s new, I guess. 

Edited by AD_Bricks

The hallway set looks... Fine. I'm not really collecting the dark troopers, and while the hallway scene was cool I'm not in any hurry to have it in my collection. 30 bucks for a piece count that isn't much higher than the battle pack is also off-putting.

29 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Just watched JB Spielwaren’s review of the set - doesn’t look new to me anymore, just weirdly displayed on the box art perhaps?

Edit: On second thought, it does actually look new, but instead of being shorter and less wide like I thought, it looks like it has a rounder lower end? I have no idea at this point. Let’s just hope it’s new, I guess. 

It could just be a trick of the light, but to me it looks like a plastic piece rather than fabric. It looks thicker and it's reflecting some of the light. I haven't seen the JB Spielwaren review, but do they show the figure in any detail?

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The hallway set looks... Fine. I'm not really collecting the dark troopers, and while the hallway scene was cool I'm not in any hurry to have it in my collection. 30 bucks for a piece count that isn't much higher than the battle pack is also off-putting.

It could just be a trick of the light, but to me it looks like a plastic piece rather than fabric. It looks thicker and it's reflecting some of the light. I haven't seen the JB Spielwaren review, but do they show the figure in any detail?

In the review when he’s taking a closer look at Luke he says that the cape is one of the softer, spongy ones (or at least I think so, I don’t understand German, he may have said it wasn’t a spongy one). 

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It's definitely 100% a cape of the spongey, soft type.

In the review it does indeed look mainly like the same old cut. It might be ever so slightly different, but the box art is misleading.

I keep rewatching the part of JB’s review of 75324 at the part where he looks at the back of the instructions and covers up most of the palace with his hand and trying to see as much of it as possible, and whenever I watch it I think I see a rancor of the same design as the 2013 (which I am familiar with as I have owned that set for many years) but when I look at it closely in slo-mo it doesn’t look like a rancor. Does anyone see what I mean, or agree or disagree?

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

I keep rewatching the part of JB’s review of 75324 at the part where he looks at the back of the instructions and covers up most of the palace with his hand and trying to see as much of it as possible, and whenever I watch it I think I see a rancor of the same design as the 2013 (which I am familiar with as I have owned that set for many years) but when I look at it closely in slo-mo it doesn’t look like a rancor. Does anyone see what I mean, or agree or disagree?

Rewatching it again it looks like you see what could be a Rancor mouth at about 4:03. 

31 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Rewatching it again it looks like you see what could be a Rancor mouth at about 4:03. 

I'm not going to give my hopes up but man I would LOVE to get another Rancor, especially if it's in a new color. They're by far my favorite Star Wars creatures and its such a shame the LEGO  molds of it were only used once(not counting the recolored hands used for LEGO Batman Movie Killer Croc).

Edited by ToaDraco

Has anyone noticed that in the box art, the dark trooper figures have backwards torsos?

The Dark Trooper set looks excellent. Bet a lot of people will buy a couple to build a larger hallway (and have more Dark Troopers of course).