MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Watched the new Boba Fett episode, and while I see why some people might think that

Spoiler

the Naboo Starfighter is an upcoming set, I don't think we're going to get it just yet. It'll definitely be present in at least Mandalorian Season 3, and there's still plenty of other things specific to the current series we could get.

Yeah, it‘d be a bit too soon for that. Also, if the upcoming June set was based on the episode, that would mean that

neither of the two tie-in sets is actually based on the show proper, because let‘s phase it, that was the backdoor season premiere of Mando S3 

:laugh_hard: 

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, it‘d be a bit too soon for that. Also, if the upcoming June set was based on the episode, that would mean that

Hide contents

neither of the two tie-in sets is actually based on the show proper, because let‘s phase it, that was the backdoor season premiere of Mando S3 

Yeah, that wouldn’t make too much sense, though I think Lego have made stranger decisions in the past. 

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

@jdubbs did hint at it, so I'm a bit more hopeful, and it does make sense as a set, being something that wouldn't be a HUGE spoiler if leaked, especially for a release 5 months after the episode. Is it possible it's one of the sets, but not THE set we know is tbobf?

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is it possible it's one of the sets, but not THE set we know is tbobf?

If it's coming, I certainly hope it's one of the 2HY sets and not the June TBoBF set :wacko:

By the way, there's a rumour floating around that this year will mark the return of the May the Fourth minifigs. Take this with the entire surface of Crait :tongue:

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@jdubbs did hint at it, so I'm a bit more hopeful, and it does make sense as a set, being something that wouldn't be a HUGE spoiler if leaked, especially for a release 5 months after the episode. Is it possible it's one of the sets, but not THE set we know is tbobf?

Wasn’t their hint in response to @The Stud’s comment about a Stinger Mantis? Unless I read the whole thing wrong.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

By the way, there's a rumour floating around that this year will mark the return of the May the Fourth minifigs. Take this with the entire surface of Crait :tongue:

That would be amazing. I will need a set to purchase though...maybe another UCS gunship. 

6 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

Wasn’t their hint in response to @The Stud’s comment about a Stinger Mantis? Unless I read the whole thing wrong.

Nope, you're right. That's Megabloking awesome, I have wanted a Stinger Mantis since 2019, I even made my own (image in spoiler), but it was pretty expensive to build so I never made a physical model.

Spoiler

Stinger%20Mantis%20Full.pngStinger%20Mantis%20Inside_2.png

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If it's coming, I certainly hope it's one of the 2HY sets and not the June TBoBF set :wacko:

Wait, why? Just so it's not $60?

If true, that's awesome. Hope it's a more of a Yularan situation than a Hoth Han one though if true.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, why? Just so it's not $60?

No, because I want a proper TBoBF set :tongue: After all, we don‘t know if we‘re getting more in August and that ship will definitely show up again in the future

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Pictures of two of the helmets have been released. 

Both look excellent, in my opinion. 

The colour of The Mandalorian gives me hope for Mando’s N-1 Starfighter whenever it is released (2023 probably! It isn’t even rumoured), and even a Naboo Royal Starship! 

Edited by ArrowBricks

8 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Both look excellent, in my opinion. 

Agreed :thumbup: I like how they did the visor on Luke‘s helmet, very clever part usage!

I hope this means the remaining March sets will follow soon

I really like the Luke one. The cheeks on Mando look really odd. 

Edit: Just looked at photos from the show and didn't realize the cheeks are more defined on Mando than boba fett. Always thought they were identical except for color. 

Edited by Eaglefan344

Both helmets look fairly good! I like the subtle details on Mando's helmet that differentiate it from Boba's, although I think the central slit should have been one stud wide rather than two. The colour is a good compromise as well - enough flat silver in the right areas to get the shininess (?) across.

I like Luke's helmet as well, and I'll probably pick this up to add a splash of colour to my collection. I'm not sold on the visor solution, but I can't think of many better solutions than simply layering trans-orange plates, which is probably far more parts-intensive. It also looks like it's been squashed a bit from the front, I feel it doesn't quite look bulbous enough. But hey, it's something a bit different to what we've had so far, so I'll be voting with my wallet on this one.

Both helmets look excellent! Definitely adding these to my collection with the rest of the line.

My only (minor) complaints are that the vertical portion of Mando’s visor is a bit too wide, and the horizontal bridge on Luke’s helmet (the part above the orange visor) needs to be lower. Not dealbreakers though.

I like both helmets but I especially like how the Luke's helmet turned out - I wonder if we'll see more open-design helmets in the future, like rebel trooper helmet from ep. 4

I like the look of Luke"s helmet as the detailing around the visor looks great, I just wish It had a more big fish bowl shape overall as those things are massive in real life. The actual white helmet area is so flat looking and minimal and looks more like a white skull cap with goggles on the front.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, because I want a proper TBoBF set :tongue: After all, we don‘t know if we‘re getting more in August and that ship will definitely show up again in the future

I mean, besides the palace, what is there to have? The 

Spoiler

rancor

is pretty much it at this point, I can't see them making just a generic building beside the palace, and there's already a slave one-sorry, i mean "prisoner with job one" on shelves.

Those helmets are BEAUTIFUL! I'm definately getting one, just don't know yet whether I'll get mando's or luke's. I'm very impressed that they got the curvature for luke's right, and I think Mando's helmet is really a big step up from boba's. Mando's vertical line in the visor looks just the teeniest bit chubby to me, but I don't think it's a huge issue, and they have ACTUAL METALLIC SILVER PARTS on it!

That Luke Skywalker helmet doesn’t even remotely look like his helmet. Easily the worst one they have done yet :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

...there's already a slave one-sorry, i mean "prisoner with job one" on shelves.

Just wait. This'll be the name for it next.. :hmpf:

And does the reveal of these helmets imply any more reveals soon? Such as quotes sets or the hallway?

I'm a big fan of the Luke's Helmet! Mando's looks a little off, but so far all the helmets have looked better once I have gotten them in hand. 

Excited to see the Dark Trooper helmet eventually too, though I have hesitations...

Interesting how all of the March 1st releases are sets related to the Mando S2 finale, though we didn't directly see Luke's helmet, only his X-Wing. 

I love both Luke and Mando's helmets. But I think Luke's will be the one that gets me to buy my first helmet set. I'm assuming all those parts are printed, right? So much re-use potential for Rebel MOCs!

2 hours ago, TBD said:

That Luke Skywalker helmet doesn’t even remotely look like his helmet. Easily the worst one they have done yet :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

I think it looks great, but Vader is definitely the worst and I don't see how it's close.