MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

They were indeed, it happened at the end of last October if that helps narrow it down. GAME erroneously sent dispatch notifications to people who had pre-ordered and subsequently cancelled them altogether. Got a £5 discount code as their way of consolation though!

£5? Wow, GAME being as generous as ever... Although I guess if you're going to get the game anyway it's better than nothing. I don't think I got a dispatch notification but I'll have another look. Thanks for the heads up!

32 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

I think that’s the phase 1 clone. It’s next to the phase 2 one (with variations for the different types i.e. 212th, normal) and I doubt Rex will be in the base game considering he’s a TCW character (hopefully he is anyway as there isn’t a TCW character pack). The blue clone on the icon is actually the ep 2 clone lieutenant, but with a rangefinder for some reason. Maybe all the phase 1 clones can equip them and visors and it just showed it in the icon as that is what was selected or something? Anyway, I assume the 5 variations (one of them was locked) will be plain, sergeant, lieutenant, captain and commander.

Am I missing something? Was there actually a Rex with 4 variations??? I hope so, but weren’t the only Rex figures p1, p2 and Rebels?

There is a "trooper character pack", which I've been assuming will have some named troopers such as Rex or Gree. The only other variations I can think of for Rex would be his appearance in the Bad Batch (i.e. in a cloak), or his presumed appearance in RotJ, although I can never remember if that particular theory was confirmed as being canon or not. Technically that variation does have a figure, I think...

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The only other variations I can think of for Rex would be his appearance in the Bad Batch (i.e. in a cloak), or his presumed appearance in RotJ, although I can never remember if that particular theory was confirmed as being canon or not. Technically that variation does have a figure, I think...

I believe this has been deemed cannon now. RIP Nik Sant. That was what I assumed would be the fourth version.

Edited by Archer

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I believe this has been deemed cannon now. RIP Nik Sant. That was what I assumed would be the fourth version.

That’s sort of in the ambiguous canon land. Filoni originally hinted that he thought it might be Rex, and then later said that he didn’t want to canonize it being Rex and remove an already created Star Wars character, so he said that fans can believe what they want about whether or not Sant is Rex. 

There’s also Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures, where Rex shows up on Endor in his clone armor, but that’s ambiguously canon as well.

7 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

£5? Wow, GAME being as generous as ever... Although I guess if you're going to get the game anyway it's better than nothing. I don't think I got a dispatch notification but I'll have another look. Thanks for the heads up!

There is a "trooper character pack", which I've been assuming will have some named troopers such as Rex or Gree. The only other variations I can think of for Rex would be his appearance in the Bad Batch (i.e. in a cloak), or his presumed appearance in RotJ, although I can never remember if that particular theory was confirmed as being canon or not. Technically that variation does have a figure, I think...

Rex has a couple of rebels looks, phase 1 and 2 and his snowsuit ( though personally don't like the clone cold assault gear) his onderon and zygerran looks.

Apperantly there will be a 501 Trooper in the next Lego Star Wars Magazine which will be published on 26th February in Germany.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

15 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Apperantly there will be a 501 Trooper in the next Lego Star Wars Magazine which will be published on 26th February in Germany.

Actually, the next magazine is no. 80, which will be published in Germany on Januar 29.

I'm not too excited for no. 81, though. because the price of the magazine is higher than the current price of the trooper on Bricklink.

19 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Actually, the next magazine is no. 80, which will be published in Germany on Januar 29.

I'm not too excited for no. 81, though. because the price of the magazine is higher than the current price of the trooper on Bricklink.

Yeah, my bad. I already saw a review of issue 80 on youtube and that's why i wrote 'next'. I am not exited either since i don't need clone troopers.

EDIT: Still, i was surprised to see that minifig will come with the magazine.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

Do we have any idea when we will be getting more news about the Quotes sets? Also, what all do we actually know for certain at this point beyond what set names there are?

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Do we have any idea when we will be getting more news about the Quotes sets? Also, what all do we actually know for certain at this point beyond what set names there are?

The reveal should be sometime in March, and we know the minifigs, the dimensions, and a rough layout :classic:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The reveal should be sometime in March, and we know the minifigs, the dimensions, and a rough layout :classic:

We do? I remember hearing something about the dimensions, but I missed the figures and layout. Who's in the dagobah set, is it just luke/yoda/r2 or is there a force ghost ben?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We do? I remember hearing something about the dimensions, but I missed the figures and layout. Who's in the dagobah set, is it just luke/yoda/r2 or is there a force ghost ben?

Just those three for now, but fingers crossed that Force Ghost Obi-Wan will be included as well.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just R2, Yoda, & Luke unfortunately.

The description said there was an X-Wing wing sticking out of the swamp, and Yoda’s hut has the tree roots going over it. And that the swamp was made out of small tiles which is why the piece count is so high for the price.

There might’ve been other details, but I don’t remember anymore than that.

So, realistically speaking, when should we expect reveals for the March sets? 

Also, are there any chances the upcoming waves get leaked through a foreign catalog like last year's summer wave was? Does that happen often?

14 minutes ago, Safwanus said:

So, realistically speaking, when should we expect reveals for the March sets? 

Also, are there any chances the upcoming waves get leaked through a foreign catalog like last year's summer wave was? Does that happen often?

Really, we could be seeing either leaks or official pictures anyday now. We already saw the March sets this time last year, but it’s possible that Lego might be holding off a bit this time around since three of these sets are tied to The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, so they might have to tie those reveals in with the show.

4 hours ago, Safwanus said:

This has happened often enough in the past, even if it's not immediately obvious which country the catalogue is from (and 'foreign' does depend which country you are in, of course :wink:). That said it only tends to be sets from the main wave, so sets like the helmets, quote sets or D2Cs don't usually pop up in those.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, ArrowBricks said:

I am perfectly aware that the new Lego game is not a clue for future sets, but I love the Jango Fett’s ‘starship’ in the new trailer (the AOTC level image/display). It’s the same size of Boba Fett’s version released last summer. Would be a great set this summer. 

I would love to see a new one too. I am pretty sure that is just a recolor of the Slave One model from 75222 (Betrayal at Cloud City). 

Now that the Rancor is most likely not in Jabba's Palace, do you gusy think they'll do a similar pit add-on with it?

1 hour ago, AyeMatey said:

Now that the Rancor is most likely not in Jabba's Palace, do you gusy think they'll do a similar pit add-on with it?

Maybe!

2 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

There is another Book of Boba Fett set, with 411 pieces for $70. The bad price per piece ratio makes the Rancor Pit a good candidate.

Hello all, first post here, long time lurker.

On 1/23/2022 at 2:08 PM, Brickadeer said:

The quality of the foil packs has been steadily declining over the last year.  Initially the builds were different than the polybags, and even completely original like the Acklay. 2 army builder figurines in the last few months is not very original. 

1 hour ago, Nobricksleft said:

Hello all, first post here, long time lurker.

The quality of the foil packs has been steadily declining over the last year.  Initially the builds were different than the polybags, and even completely original like the Acklay. 2 army builder figurines in the last few months is not very original. 

Honestly, I think the snowtrooper is one of the best figures they've ever had in a foil pack. With exactly one exception (Bespin Luke), the foil packs have always been battle pack troopers or cheap, common versions of main characters. The snowtrooper is at least one that there's a huge demand for right now as people try to fill out their AT-ATs.

Spoiler

Could Din Djarin's hotrodded Naboo N1 starfighter be one of the rumoured sets? $50US 75334 or $40US 75342?

7 minutes ago, 1340cc said:
  Hide contents

Could Din Djarin's hotrodded Naboo N1 starfighter be one of the rumoured sets? $50US 75334 or $40US 75342?

I was literally just gonna say that, lol. I do hope so! Debating with myself about whether to go out and buy myself an old version of the spoiler as I don’t have one yet, or wait to see if one of these sets is one. What do you guys think?