MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, icm said:

https://www.polygon.com/features/22891555/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-has-led-to-extensive-crunch-at-tt-games

Interesting read about the culture at TT Games. No Activision-style sexual misconduct, but lots of crunch time during development.

Incredibly disheartening to read this, QA testers reporting that this is one of the worst places to work in the entire industry is telling given how poorly QA testers are treated everywhere else already.

It's a real shame, TSS was one of the games this year I was most interested in because I think SW is cool and love Lego but I'm trying to do my small part to stop giving any money to this kind of enviroment in the games industry so I gotta skip.
Edited by Childish Goblino
replaced a word

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don’t think that’s been confirmed anywhere. People just assume it’s an MBS set because the last three were released two years apart :shrug_oh_well: As us HP fans had to learn the hard way last year, release patterns aren’t always as predictable as we think they are :snicker:

In fact, was the cantina even officially MBS? I seem to remember Cloud City had that moniker on the box and was advertised as such, but after a quick look at the listing on S@H I'm not sure the cantina got the same treatment. I guess these days the black 18+ packaging negates the need for such labels.

EDIT: it is, never mind. I just can't read...!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

4 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

In fact, was the cantina even officially MBS? I seem to remember Cloud City had that moniker on the box and was advertised as such, but after a quick look at the listing on S@H I'm not sure the cantina got the same treatment. I guess these days the black 18+ packaging negates the need for such labels.

Yeah, it is on the upper right corner of the front of the box "Master Builder Series" 

There appear to be 4 versions of Rex! Also I like the look of the upgrade system. The Ninjago game had a similar thing. This sure seems like one gigantic game!

No Felucia 0/10

53 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Yeah, it is on the upper right corner of the front of the box "Master Builder Series" 

Ah, so there is. Disregard previous comment...

Wow, this truly looks absolutely incredible :wub_drool:

I'd never have expected a LEGO video game to look this good. It looks like it was worth the wait.

Oh, and also - mumble mode!

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My money is on a remake of the 2005 DS II set :shrug_oh_well: $530 seems a bit much for a MBS-style set and I doubt they’d remake the DS playset again this soon

It might be possible to make a DS set with proper and displayable exteriors (like to the 2005 DS II, but with better techniques, see the Globe recently released) as well as some interiors (like the prievious DS playset). 

I haven't bought a videogame since ca 2007, but I'm afraid they had me at the dancing Bantha.

Game looks good, please do not start guessing that everything new in the game is a reference to a new set, given how long it was delayed (and that the lego games always have tons of figures and even some models that don't exist as physical products). I might actually get this, I wasn't planning on it but it looks like a lot of fun, and it's crazy how far these have come since the 2005 game.

Anybody else thinking there looks like a disproportionate amount of Sequel content in there? Obviously we don't know what the distribution of characters is like yet, but the gameplay video shows the galaxy map, and almost half the planets (11/24) are from the Sequels, compared to only 6 from the OT and 7 from the PT.

4 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Anybody else thinking there looks like a disproportionate amount of Sequel content in there? Obviously we don't know what the distribution of characters is like yet, but the gameplay video shows the galaxy map, and almost half the planets (11/24) are from the Sequels, compared to only 6 from the OT and 7 from the PT.

Well, other than the order 66 sequence, those 13 planets are just about all we see in the first 6 movies. Hopefully the OT and PT planets are more content-dense so it all balances out

27 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It makes sense. TROS had like five major planets that were traveled to. And TLJ and TROS have never been covered in a Lego game before, so there's a definite possibility that the developers put a special emphasis on those films.

Does anyone know if you can only get the Blue Milk Luke polybag when you pre-order the game, or will it be included with the Deluxe Edition regardless? I'm trying to plan out when exactly I'm going to get the game since I still need to finish my The Complete Saga playthrough.

47 minutes ago, The Stud said:

It makes sense. TROS had like five major planets that were traveled to. And TLJ and TROS have never been covered in a Lego game before, so there's a definite possibility that the developers put a special emphasis on those films.

Does anyone know if you can only get the Blue Milk Luke polybag when you pre-order the game, or will it be included with the Deluxe Edition regardless? I'm trying to plan out when exactly I'm going to get the game since I still need to finish my The Complete Saga playthrough.

Blue Milk Luke is inherent to the Deluxe Edition, it’s not just a pre-order exclusive :classic: The packaging for the Deluxe Edition is bigger to accommodate the figure and lenticular sleeve, as all the other perks (such as DLC character packs) are digital content.

This game looks fantastic. I had initially pre-ordered it for the Switch until GAME cancelled my pre-order last year, but just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition for the PS5 now that we have a solid release date. That Polygon article is awful though, it’s horrible to know how much misery the developers at TT have had to go through to get this game out, no wonder it took ~5 years.

Mumble mode got a big laugh out of me, can’t believe they actually implemented that! The bar for quality voice acting has now skyrocketed.

Really hope we get a proper summer set list soon. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

To be fair Tatooine is heavily featured in the prequels so it counts for both I’d say. But yes sequel trilogy has more planets. I suspect Naboo and Coruscant are more in depth than say Crait or Pasanna, time will tell.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Not exactly. Certain planets have multiple open world areas. Coruscant, for example, seems to have a jedi temple/senate building area and a more seedy underworld area. Naboo has at least 2 (gungan city and theed, maybe a 3rd if you can access the plains for open world). Geonosis will certainly have multiple areas (factory/catacombs, arena, actual battle). Tatooine likely has what, 4? (jabba's palace area, skywalker homestead area, mos espa, mos eisley) and if DLC includes extra locations I'm sure we'll see mos pelgo or something, compared to kjimi or ajan kloss, which'll likely just have 1.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, T21Typhoon said:

Blue Milk Luke is inherent to the Deluxe Edition, it’s not just a pre-order exclusive :classic: The packaging for the Deluxe Edition is bigger to accommodate the figure and lenticular sleeve, as all the other perks (such as DLC character packs) are digital content.

Great, thanks for the heads up! I’ll probably wait until I’m done with the semester to pick up a copy then!

I can’t help but wonder if some of the sets we get this summer will include some of the characters from the game that either don’t exist at all in Lego form (like Cody or Babu Frik) or characters that haven’t been in sets in a while (such as Qui-Gon or just about any version of Padme.) Granted, with all the playable characters and all the delays of this game, it probably doesn’t necessarily mean anything. (Like I said a few pages ago, a good portion of those first sets from summer 2020 with TSS codes on them are already gone lol.) I’m just more interested in sets from the Disney+ shows, so no hurt feelings if this guess is way off lol.

6 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

This game looks fantastic. I had initially pre-ordered it for the Switch until GAME cancelled my pre-order last year, but just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition for the PS5 now that we have a solid release date.

Oh were GAME cancelling pre-orders? I'll have to check on mine... Although this game has been such a long time coming I've moved to the other side of Europe since placing that order :laugh:

22 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

Lego are often restricted by the material they are given with film and TV sets. As the sets take so long to develop, market and distribute they are often working from minimal material like early teasers and concept art. Just like the later Mando stuff all the sets accurate to the Boba show will be seen it wave 2 and beyond.

I get it, it just sucks, especially with a set like this we're not going to get another of anytime soon. Hopefully they thought ahead and designed it with expansions in mind.

I am perfectly aware that the new Lego game is not a clue for future sets, but I love the Jango Fett’s ‘starship’ in the new trailer (the AOTC level image/display). It’s the same size of Boba Fett’s version released last summer. Would be a great set this summer. 

4 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I am perfectly aware that the new Lego game is not a clue for future sets, but I love the Jango Fett’s ‘starship’ in the new trailer (the AOTC level image/display). It’s the same size of Boba Fett’s version released last summer. Would be a great set this summer. 

Yes please, I just want a great new Jango Fett minifig on par with all the great Boba's we have now. It's probably just because I played Bounty Hunter so much as a kid but I've always found Jango to be way cooler and his lack of love in merch compared to Boba is always a bummer.

Edited by Childish Goblino

On 1/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, ToaDraco said:

I gotta say, while I'm really looking forward to the Boba's Palace set, it's such a huge wasted opportunity for it to be based on the end credits scene of Mando when there's so much more it could have had based on the show. Hopefully it's designed with expansion in mind so we can get things like Boba's room with the bacta tank and certain important characters from the show like Black K. 

I don't mind it being based off the post credit scene. The set is at least covering a few missing characters from ROTJ with the Quarren, Rystall and potentially a Nikto so I can't complain there.

Black Krrsantan could still show up in the second set and aside from him there hasn't really been many other notable characters introduced so far that have stood out enough. Really just a few Mos Espa locals (Garsa, Majordomo, The Mayor) who fall under that "would be nice to have, are they realistic to happen?" catagory and 8D8 on the basis for being another classic ROTJ character.

21 hours ago, The Stud said:

Great, thanks for the heads up! I’ll probably wait until I’m done with the semester to pick up a copy then!

I can’t help but wonder if some of the sets we get this summer will include some of the characters from the game that either don’t exist at all in Lego form (like Cody or Babu Frik) or characters that haven’t been in sets in a while (such as Qui-Gon or just about any version of Padme.) Granted, with all the playable characters and all the delays of this game, it probably doesn’t necessarily mean anything. (Like I said a few pages ago, a good portion of those first sets from summer 2020 with TSS codes on them are already gone lol.) I’m just more interested in sets from the Disney+ shows, so no hurt feelings if this guess is way off lol.

It would be nice to get a couple of new characters from the game in the summer wave. Unfortunately this game has been in development for so long that any upcoming figures we would've gotten a first glimpse at have probably already come out by now.

21 hours ago, The Stud said:

Nice one! I’m in the same boat as you regarding the summer wave, looking forward to seeing some good Disney+ based  sets if we’re lucky. Does it seem to you guys like this summer wave is a fair bit larger than last year’s?

16 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Oh were GAME cancelling pre-orders? I'll have to check on mine... Although this game has been such a long time coming I've moved to the other side of Europe since placing that order :laugh:

They were indeed, it happened at the end of last October if that helps narrow it down. GAME erroneously sent dispatch notifications to people who had pre-ordered and subsequently cancelled them altogether. Got a £5 discount code as their way of consolation though!

On 1/21/2022 at 8:37 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

please do not start guessing that everything new in the game is a reference to a new set, given how long it was delayed (and that the lego games always have tons of figures and even some models that don't exist as physical products).

Exaclty, it's pretty annoying seeing all these people thinking that those are all upcoming sets

5 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

Nice one! I’m in the same boat as you regarding the summer wave, looking forward to seeing some good Disney+ based  sets if we’re lucky. Does it seem to you guys like this summer wave is a fair bit larger than last year’s?

Looking back at the Summer 2021 rumor list from last spring, this year’s summer wave does look a fair amount larger. I suppose it makes sense: for starters, there’s the elephant in the room with COVID. Also, 2021 was a fairly small year for mainstream Star Wars all things considered. There was still The Bad Batch, Visions and lots of interesting stuff going on in the books/comics with The High Republic and War of the Bounty Hunters, as well as the first Boba Fett episode at the very tail end of the year, but I’d argue that most of those things were not particularly mainstream or viable for Lego products.

Comparatively, this year looks pretty big for Star Wars, with 4-5 shows coming to Disney+, tons of announcements coming from the first Celebration in three years and a good amount of video game content with the long-awaited release of Lego TSS and rumors of Fallen Order 2 dropping at the end of the year or early on in 2023.

Hopefully Lego capitalizes on some of that. I’m just trying to get everything from the D+ shows. Not only because I’ve really enjoyed them thus far, but also because we don’t know if Lego will ever go back and do more sets for them later on with so much new content coming out. That’s why I tried to get most of the anthology film sets (still missing a few sets from both Rogue One and Solo though) and why I regret not getting any of the Rebels sets when they were out, as Lego has never revisited those properties thus far. 

I’m someone who has really enjoyed the last two summer/fall waves for Lego Star Wars, so hopefully this year continues that trend!

Edited by The Stud

On 1/21/2022 at 2:38 AM, Archer said:

There appear to be 4 versions of Rex! 

I think that’s the phase 1 clone. It’s next to the phase 2 one (with variations for the different types i.e. 212th, normal) and I doubt Rex will be in the base game considering he’s a TCW character (hopefully he is anyway as there isn’t a TCW character pack). The blue clone on the icon is actually the ep 2 clone lieutenant, but with a rangefinder for some reason. Maybe all the phase 1 clones can equip them and visors and it just showed it in the icon as that is what was selected or something? Anyway, I assume the 5 variations (one of them was locked) will be plain, sergeant, lieutenant, captain and commander.

Am I missing something? Was there actually a Rex with 4 variations??? I hope so, but weren’t the only Rex figures p1, p2 and Rebels?