MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

As of now, there's no real concrete information on the summer wave other than set numbers, prices (which are often subject to change) and piece counts for some of them.  I'm sure that we will get more sets at some point, but whether they come in the summer wave or a future release depends on what else is in the summer wave.  

I think it also kinda depends what all they can make into sets. Other than the train, there really hasn’t been much good set material beyond the palace and the rancor, which we already know they are making. If there isn’t material, then there likely won’t end up being more sets, unfortunately… Especially as LEGO is generally drawn to distinctive vehicles and locations.

17 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

[…] beyond the palace and the rancor, which we already know they are making.

Do we, though? The Rancor is obviously not included in the throne room set, so that rumour was definitely false. And there’s no way a leaker already knew about the contents of a still nameless TBoBF set scheduled for June :tongue:

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Do we, though? The Rancor is obviously not included in the throne room set, so that rumour was definitely false. And there’s no way a leaker already knew about the contents of a still nameless TBoBF set scheduled for June :tongue:

I suppose that is true... I was forgetting how the rancor rumor was presenting it as included in the palace. Welp. 

I‘m actually glad the rumour turned out to be false since I wouldn‘t have been happy with a brick-built version. Fingers crossed for a dark grey recolour of the 2013 one in a future set :excited:

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I think it also kinda depends what all they can make into sets. Other than the train, there really hasn’t been much good set material beyond the palace and the rancor, which we already know they are making. If there isn’t material, then there likely won’t end up being more sets, unfortunately… Especially as LEGO is generally drawn to distinctive vehicles and locations.

There is material of last 4 episodes : Bacta tank, Sanctuary Cantina. Sorry for the "wishlist", just answer

18 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Will we get info from London Toy Fair?

No, since TLG won‘t be attending. The only info we might get this year is if they decide to reveal anything during the online part of the Nuremberg Toy Fair :shrug_oh_well: They didn‘t show anything last year if I remember correctly, so this year probably won‘t be any different.

Without reading thread and not follwoing this real closely, is there any luck with Ewok/Endor sets this year? Or a return of Obi-Wan’s starship from Attack of the Clone movie?

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Without reading thread and not follwoing this real closely, is there any luck with Ewok/Endor sets this year? Or a return of Obi-Wan’s starship from Attack of the Clone movie?

All we have that hasnt been revealed is a dark trooper "battle pack", Boba's palace, a mysterious $60 BOBF set, a couple dioramas, and a couple helmets

6 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

All we have that hasnt been revealed is a dark trooper "battle pack", Boba's palace, a mysterious $60 BOBF set, a couple dioramas, and a couple helmets

Darn it! I was just hoping for Endor/Ewok and/or Ob-Wan starship sets. Oh well, thanks for info!

3 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Darn it! I was just hoping for Endor/Ewok and/or Ob-Wan starship sets. Oh well, thanks for info!

Still opportunities for the Summer/Fall wave! That seems to be where TLG take more "risk" on sets compared to the relatively safe "OT". 

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

We only have numbers, pieces, and prices for the summer sets. No names/descriptions yet.

But people are hoping for AotC set(s) due to the 20th Anniversary. Kenobi's Starfighter would be a candidate for one of the $30 spots , but I think most people would be disappointed since we received one 5-years ago unless it was a "versus set" of Obi-Wan vs. a downsized Jango's Slave I. Not a bad concept for one of those $90-100 spots.

Either way, if there are commemorative AotC sets, that paves the way for Endor stuff in 2023 for the 40th Anniversary of RotJ. Seems unlikely this year, though.

Given all of the anniversaries lately, I was curious if we'd be expecting commemorative sets for one occasion or another every year. Here's the anniversary schedule for the next decade:

'22 20th AotC (+45th ANH)

'23 40th RotJ (+15th CW)

'24 10th Rebels

'25 20th RotS (+45th ESB) (+10th TFA)

'26

'27 50th ANH (+25th AotC) (+10th TLJ)

'28 20th CW

'29 30th TLG SW  (+30th TPM) (+10th TROS) (+10th D+ Mando)

'30 50th ESB (+25th RotS) (+15th TFA)

'31 

Even if you only use decade-based (e.g. 10, 20, 30) milestones, it's still a packed schedule.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m actually glad the rumour turned out to be false since I wouldn‘t have been happy with a brick-built version.

Same here. I also feared a brickbuild Rancor would consume 150 - 200 tiny pieces and thus there would be 150 - 200 pieces less for the palace/throne room.

40 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

We only have numbers, pieces, and prices for the summer sets. No names/descriptions yet.

But people are hoping for AotC set(s) due to the 20th Anniversary. Kenobi's Starfighter would be a candidate for one of the $30 spots , but I think most people would be disappointed since we received one 5-years ago unless it was a "versus set" of Obi-Wan vs. a downsized Jango's Slave I. Not a bad concept for one of those $90-100 spots.

Either way, if there are commemorative AotC sets, that paves the way for Endor stuff in 2023 for the 40th Anniversary of RotJ. Seems unlikely this year, though.

45 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Still opportunities for the Summer/Fall wave! That seems to be where TLG take more "risk" on sets compared to the relatively safe "OT". 

All right, thanks! :) 

24 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Given all of the anniversaries lately, I was curious if we'd be expecting commemorative sets for one occasion or another every year. Here's the anniversary schedule for the next decade:

Even if you only use decade-based (e.g. 10, 20, 30) milestones, it's still a packed schedule.

People keep saying this, but there's no basis for it. LEGO has never done anything for movie anniversaries and I don't know why folks seem to think they do. Here's the record so far:
TPM: 0 sets in 2009, 1 set in 2019
AotC: 0 sets in 2012
RotS: 0 sets in 2015
ANH: 2 sets in 2007, 1 set in 2017
ESB: 1 set in 2000, 5 sets in 2010, 2 sets in 2020
RotJ: 3 sets in 2003, 3 sets in 2013
The OT movies get about the same number of sets in anniversary years as they do in any random other year, and PT movies have historically gotten absolutely nothing. The clone trooper accessory pack that just came out is already more celebration than AotC got in 2012. That doesn't mean there won't be more AotC sets, but if there are it's not gonna be because of the anniversary.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

16 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

People keep saying this, but there's no basis for it. LEGO has never done anything for movie anniversaries and I don't know why folks seem to think they do. Here's the record so far:
TPM: 0 sets in 2009, 1 set in 2019
AotC: 0 sets in 2012
RotS: 0 sets in 2015
ANH: 2 sets in 2007, 1 set in 2017
ESB: 1 set in 2000, 5 sets in 2010, 2 sets in 2020
RotJ: 3 sets in 2003, 3 sets in 2013
 The OT movies get about the same number of sets in anniversary years as they do in any random other year, and PT movies have historically gotten absolutely nothing. The clone trooper accessory pack that just came out is already more celebration than AotC got in 2012. That doesn't mean there won't be more AotC sets, but if there are it's not gonna be because of the anniversary.

It hadn't been a thing before, but definitively: TLG celebrated the 20th Anniversary of Lego Star Wars (which, naturally, overshadowed TPM) + the 40th for ESB. We know they were commemorating the dates due to the plaques (e.g. 75258, 75294). Technically, TPM wasn't celebrated and the ESB sets were supposed to be exclusives; those are important callouts. But it stands that, lately, we've seen TLG doing it (which, BTW, means we've had the opportunity to vote with our wallets) and IF we see something(s) for AotC this year (the measure isn't necessarily more sets than usual), that's 3 times in 4 years (and '21 was the natural gap in the schedule). That'd be a trend.

On the other hand, TLG might've looked at the calendar before doing AotC and said it'd be oversaturation to keep commemorating all these dates. It's something I've thought about before, and it's partly why I created the list.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, since TLG won‘t be attending. The only info we might get this year is if they decide to reveal anything during the online part of the Nuremberg Toy Fair :shrug_oh_well: They didn‘t show anything last year if I remember correctly, so this year probably won‘t be any different.

Nuremberg is going online? 

2 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Nuremberg is going online? 

It was intended to be a hybrid event from the get-go, so what was cancelled was the (more important) offline part :wink: I wouldn‘t expect anything out of it

This is a heavy hand of speculation on my part (just me being silly, I have no concrete rumor, information or otherwise to back this up) - I watched BrickWiz's video that MAYBE the new 530 USD set coming in the fall could be a new Death Star (ideally DSII). I thought with the early retirement (short lifespan) of the final duel set and again retirement of the 2nd edition playset death star, and now the globe *putting my tinfoil hat on* maybe? 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

19 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

This is a heavy hand of speculation on my part (just me being silly, I have no concrete rumor, information or otherwise to back this up) - I watched BrickWiz's video that MAYBE the new 530 USD set coming in the fall could be a new Death Star (ideally DSII). I thought with the early retirement (short lifespan) of the final duel set and again retirement of the 2nd edition playset death star, and not the globe *putting my tinfoil hat on* maybe? 

$530 makes no sense for a UCS Death Star. There’s no value of that as opposed to a $350 to $400 version of it, and you’re losing a lot of consumers at the higher price point. It would work just as well being the same size as the 2005 version. IMO the only things the $530 set could reasonably be (given how popular the material is, and the size of the set) are:

Jabba’s Palace/Sail Barge (A Barge works better, but the Palace is more relevant with the Book of Boba Fett)

Jedi Temple

Hoth (This is only an option because of the recent Hoth stuff. I don’t think it would need to be this expensive, but it has an outside chance of being an option.)

Endor (I don’t think this makes much sense since it would probably be Bunker+Ewok Village, and I think that works better as 2 sets instead of 1.)

And some people argue Geonosis, but there’s no way a Pentranaki Arena would come close to this price point, other potential builds are better off as standalone sets. 

5 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

$530 makes no sense for a UCS Death Star. There’s no value of that as opposed to a $350 to $400 version of it, and you’re losing a lot of consumers at the higher price point. It would work just as well being the same size as the 2005 version. 

The last UCS Death Star was $500. 

7 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

$530 makes no sense for a UCS Death Star. There’s no value of that as opposed to a $350 to $400 version of it, and you’re losing a lot of consumers at the higher price point. It would work just as well being the same size as the 2005 version. IMO the only things the $530 set could reasonably be (given how popular the material is, and the size of the set) are:

Jabba’s Palace/Sail Barge (A Barge works better, but the Palace is more relevant with the Book of Boba Fett)

Jedi Temple

Hoth (This is only an option because of the recent Hoth stuff. I don’t think it would need to be this expensive, but it has an outside chance of being an option.)

Endor (I don’t think this makes much sense since it would probably be Bunker+Ewok Village, and I think that works better as 2 sets instead of 1.)

And some people argue Geonosis, but there’s no way a Pentranaki Arena would come close to this price point, other potential builds are better off as standalone sets. 

I still believe (based on nothing but gut instinct) that the rumored price for this set is a typo and it is not $530, but $350, which is exactly the price of the Cantina.  

3 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I still believe (based on nothing but gut instinct) that the rumored price for this set is a typo and it is not $530, but $350, which is exactly the price of the Cantina.  

Good point, it is an odd price point too. 

12 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The last UCS Death Star was $500. 

I mean a display set in the style of the 2005 one. And Lego would be insane to rerelease a MBS/Playset-style Death Star only 2 years out from one being on the shelf for 12 years in a row.

14 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Anyone looking at the price would see $529.99 vs. $349.99, which seems pretty hard to mess up for me. But maybe it is a $350 set, which would be a bit disappointing.