MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Paul Seeley on IG pointed out that these two aliens in those specific outfits can be seen in that Mando Season 2 post credits scene. To me, that indicates that they’re largely basing this set off of that scene and maybe some early concept art for the actual TBOBF show. It’d make sense considering how secret this show was initially kept, and also explains how Lego is getting a set for a new show out so relatively fast compared to the Razor Crest or some of TCW Season 7 stuff for example. It’s also probably why the other rumored TBOBF set is coming in June instead of March with this set, or even in May. That set probably actually is based off something spoilery in this show.

These figures just look too good and fitting with Lego’s style to be fake in my opinion. I’d think that if someone wanted to do a fake leak like this, they’d probably do a more interesting or recognizable character like Black Krrsantan. Two generic aliens isn’t exactly going to draw the attention a fake leaker craves.

Edited by The Stud

Great to see a quarren, though I now hoping for more major characters in the other Book of Boba set, like the lead Mod biker or Black K or one the major tuskens or a pyke or maybe someone from the episodes we ain't seen yet.

No, those figures aren't right. Look at the printing on the "Twi'lek"--she has the facial horns and hooves of a Theelin, not a Twi'lek body at all. Unless she's some kind of Twi'lek-Theelin hybrid, here's no way the lekku headpiece goes with that figure.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

4 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, those figures aren't right. Look at the printing on the "Twi'lek"--she has the facial horns and hooves of a Theelin, not a Twi'lek body at all. Unless she's some kind of Twi'lek-Theelin hybrid, here's no way the lekku headpiece goes with that figure.

I am assuming Bib Fortuna is in the set too. But then this gives us 7 figures for the throne room - Boba, Fennec, 2 Gam Guard, Bib, 2 aliens released today. The rumour states 6. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Hot take: We will get Bib Fortuna, that face is actually for another figure, like the called Theelin :)

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I am assuming Bib Fortuna is in the set too. But then this gives us 7 figures for the throne room - Boba, Fennec, 2 Gam Guard, Bib, 2 aliens released today. The rumour states 6. 

Maybe we’re just getting one Gamorrean? I remember there was some confusion about how many Dark Troopers would be coming with the Light Cruiser last year, and even some saying that Bo-Katan was coming in that set.

5 minutes ago, Max Rebo said:

Hot take: We will get Bib Fortuna, that face is actually for another figure, like the called Theelin :)

That actually sounds kinda plausible. Re-uses of Boba and Fennec, possibly just one Gamorrean Guard (but maybe two), a new Bib Fortuna figure (who is the one who should actually have the Lekku piece) and then two of the extras which just got leaked: a Quarren and a Theelin (who the face, torso and legs of the other leaked figure should go with).

Edited by The Stud

That is definitely Bib Fortuna! I'm so excited, I was disappointed at first when the leaks came out that Bib wasn't a part of the set but thankfully that's not true. Hopefully we see him in a flashback or two in the next few episodes as well. And a Quarren too? Wow, this set is going to be phenomenal. 

22 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Could be a case where someone mis-assembled the figures.  I think that's happened with some leaks before. 

Two „bounty hunters“, huh :laugh_hard: The lekku piece is obviously on the wrong figure, but these two look great! Finally a Quarren minifig, one of the few classic alien design we were still missing :wub:

Edit: Bib Fortuna is pretty obviously coming: notice the huge bulge on the lekku and the fact Twi‘leks don‘t have spikes on their faces :tongue:

Am I the only one who finds it funny that they release an entire set based on a post-credits scene? :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

On further inspection, I agree that it's the lekku that's misplaced, rather than the head.  Notice that the torso of the Twi'lek is definitely for a female, so I think that head has to go with it.  So we're getting these two figures plus Bib Fortuna?  

I guess this set is based more off of The Mandalorian than Book of Boba Fett?  In that case, I wonder if the rumor of the

rancor

is true?

But something is very off with that Quarren, the teeth look like a nose, the eyes look like a... dog? The skin looks almost like fur... Maybe one has to see it in real life 

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I guess this set is based more off of The Mandalorian than Book of Boba Fett?  In that case, I wonder if the rumor of the

Reveal hidden contents

rancor

is true?

Probably in the 70$ set. I just don't see how we can get a Throne room with all these figures + a rancor in a 100$ set.

6 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

On further inspection, I agree that it's the lekku that's misplaced, rather than the head.  Notice that the torso of the Twi'lek is definitely for a female, so I think that head has to go with it.

The feet also have the Theelin hooves printed on them, so the legs/torso/head is definitely one unit. Only the lekku piece is wrong.

Since the set is based on Mando S2 rather than TBoBF I wonder what parts of the description were correct, if anything :tongue: A Gamorrean or two could still be included since they showed up in that scene as well, but the Rancor rumour must be false

Interesting developments! Nice to see a Quarren minifigure, even if it is just the one. It being based on the post-credits scene does fit better with the usual timeline for LEGO sets based on upcoming material, and since the show uses flashbacks a fair bit I suppose there is a chance we'll see these figures in the show at some point anyway.

21 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

[…] and since the show uses flashbacks a fair bit I suppose there is a chance we'll see these figures in the show at some point anyway.

Good point. There could be a flashback involving Fortuna in one of the upcoming episodes, giving more context to his demise :laugh:

This leak has me very excited! Bummed about that spoilery bounty hunter not appearing in the set, but at least there‘s another opportunity for him to show up :sweet:

Hello, I’m a long time lurker, first time poster. 

The figure is definitely the Theelin with Bib Fortuna’s lekku. Awesome to see 2 species made in Lego for the first time. Also since the set is from the Mandalorian it means Lego doesn’t need to make a new mold for the Gamorrean(s), since they have the same outfits as Return of the Jedi. 

If the previous minifigure report proves false, my guess is we get Bib, Fennec, Boba, the Theelin, the Quarren, a Gamorrean, and maybe another Gamorrean or the Twi’lek or Weequay from the Mandalorian.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Interesting to note is it looks like there is a head piece for Bib Fortuna too 

Yeah, so the female figure in the white jumpsuit is a theelin. If that original rumor was legitimate, it's funny that the "bounty hunters" weren't even characters that participated in combat.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I'm guessing that rumor wasn't entirely active, and I'm guessing there's no rancor either.

4 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

The figure is definitely the Theelin with Bib Fortuna’s lekku. Awesome to see 2 species made in Lego for the first time. Also since the set is from the Mandalorian it means Lego doesn’t need to make a new mold for the Gamorrean(s), since they have the same outfits as Return of the Jedi. 

It likely will be a new mold, it's been long enough that the original mold likely no longer exists.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It likely will be a new mold, it's been long enough that the original mold likely no longer exists.

Dunno, the Bib Fortuna lekku appears to be the same as the previous Jabba's Palace, which I think wa also the last time we got Gamorreans.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

Dunno, the Bib Fortuna lekku appears to be the same as the previous Jabba's Palace, which I think wa also the last time we got Gamorreans.

Take a closer look at the piece, it's been modified to reflect Fortuna's more ...impressive-looking disposition :laugh:

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Take a closer look at the piece, it's been modified to reflect Fortuna's more ...impressive-looking disposition :laugh:

I guess the more accurate term would be 'Big' Fortuna :laugh:

So it seems that the Theelin is Rystall Sant. Do we have any ideas as to which hairpiece will Lego include for her or will it be a third new mold? I can't seem to think of anything that would be close enough.

AkaklwC.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

So it seems that the Theelin is Rystall Sant. Do we have any ideas as to which hairpiece will Lego include for her or will it be a third new mold? I can't seem to think of anything that would be close enough.

If we do get a new mold for her I bet it'll be one of the soft rubbery hair pieces

14 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

How about this one in red? It's not perfect, but probably one of the few existing ones that could work

29634.png