MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Nah. The ppp is pretty consistent with a standard 4+ set, a bigfig would lower it even more, and bigfigs are pretty rare in 4+ sets too (I think hulk appeared once but that was it)

Yeah, found some time today to research this further. 

The price fits with the 4+ X-Wing and Death Star Turret (2019). 

I would imagine something similar, maybe a Y-Wing and a small transport speeder thingy.  

3 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yeah, found some time today to research this further. 

The price fits with the 4+ X-Wing and Death Star Turret (2019). 

I would imagine something similar, maybe a Y-Wing and a small transport speeder thingy.  

That would be pretty cool.  I would say it'd be a hoth focused set, but since they did a snowspeeder recently there's nothing I can think of for that, since it's usually vehicles. I think a Y-wing is a pretty good guess.

I'm also going to throw out these, based mainly on speculation about pricing and trends relating to prior models and the time between them: 
I think the 282 pc $30 set is a snowspeeder and the $160 set is a Hoth Millenium Falcon

Also, for the remainder of 1hy, do I have it correct that it's

Boba fett's palace ($70): Boba, fennec, 2x guards, 2x "bounty hunters", rumors of a rancor

Mandalorian, Dark Trooper, and Pilot Luke helmets ($60)

Luke VS dark troopers ($30)

Dagobah Diorama and Trash Compactor diorama (I forget the prices)

UCS Landspeeder ($200)

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, for the remainder of 1hy, do I have it correct that it's […]

There’s also the trench run diorama :classic:

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the 282 pc $30 set is a snowspeeder and the $160 set is a Hoth Millenium Falcon

God no, please, anything but this. I’ve had it with these megablocking Hoth sets :sick:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s also the trench run diorama :classic:

God no, please, anything but this. I’ve had it with these megablocking Hoth sets :sick:

Ah. Do we know prices for the ones I didn't have prices listed for, or release date info for any of them? I assume the Landspeeder is may 4th but I don't remember any of the others.

I would actually want those to be the sets. I somehow don't have a snowspeeder and given that it'll have been 3 years since the last falcon and 11 years since the last system OT falcon, I think that's warranted too. 

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Boba fett's palace ($70): Boba, fennec, 2x guards, 2x "bounty hunters", rumors of a rancor

Is it $70 or $100? I remember it being $100 but $70 would be much better of course.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would actually want those to be the sets. I somehow don't have a snowspeeder and given that it'll have been 3 years since the last falcon and 11 years since the last system OT falcon, I think that's warranted too. 

So the trash compactor is the unknown price. We don’t know the number. It’s either 75338 or 39 with are rumoured at $70 and $90 respectively, unless it’s a completely new number not yet listed. It could be the Death Star Trench Run number, however. Originally, the trash compactor had that set number. 

The Trench Run is €60, Yoda Training €80. 

The other info is correct, except that  Fett’s Throne Room is rumoured at €100. (Has to be a Rancor surely?!) 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As long as we get a properly updated snowspeeder (with an accurate cockpit!) that doesn’t simply iterate on the overall baseline we’ve seen for goodness knows how long, I’m down for this. Ships like the Falcon and X-Wing have seen tremendous improvements over the past decade so why can’t the snowspeeder do the same? 

An ESB-version Falcon would actually make for an awesome set. I’ve yet to build my Rise of Skywalker version but could see a new variant that improves upon it selling well, particularly if it has a more detailed interior and fully enclosed panelling. Although saying that, I selfishly hope the summer wave has more stuff we haven’t seen before and less rehashes, not to say there isn’t room for both!

Edited by T21Typhoon

Honestly, with how expensive this year is going to be for me Lego-wise, my wallet would be okay with another Falcon. I don’t think that’s what it’ll be though as I have to imagine that Lego would want to make it a little smaller to scale with the newer starfighters.

Generally though, I’d prefer like an Echo Base playset or something from the Disney+ shows.

Even as someone who collects mostly OT sets, I wouldn't want to see more Hoth related sets for the rest of this year - although I am biased as I already have a Falcon and a Snowspeeder. Personally I think Hoth is a bit played out in Lego at the moment - so is Tatooine, but with new media centering on that planet it's a bit hard to avoid. If they did put out more OT sets for 2HY - ignoring the millions of voices who would cry out in terror if this happened - I'd like to see something from the 2nd half of ROTJ, as this is the one section of the trilogy mostly overlooked in recent waves (or maybe I just want more biker scouts and a B-Wing :wink:)

9 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Even as someone who collects mostly OT sets, I wouldn't want to see more Hoth related sets for the rest of this year - although I am biased as I already have a Falcon and a Snowspeeder. Personally I think Hoth is a bit played out in Lego at the moment - so is Tatooine, but with new media centering on that planet it's a bit hard to avoid. If they did put out more OT sets for 2HY - ignoring the millions of voices who would cry out in terror if this happened - I'd like to see something from the 2nd half of ROTJ, as this is the one section of the trilogy mostly overlooked in recent waves (or maybe I just want more biker scouts and a B-Wing :wink:)

I’d love ROTJ. Fits with BOBF too. 

However, only if we see Geonosis stuff this summer, I’d argue minfigure packs. Battle packs, UCS stuff etc indicated what is next. 

It seems Lego are following a ‘Hoth collection’ a ‘Geonosis collection’ etc. we could get an ‘Endor collection’ over the next few years’. 

16 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I very much want endor and geonosis sets this year. I just think that these two spots may be these sets based on release cycles and the recent hoth spree, and wouldn't particulary mind if these two were them. If the entire wave was hoth I'd be pretty annoyed, ideally I'd hope we get at most 3-4 hoth sets out of this full wave.

18 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

As long as we get a properly updated snowspeeder (with an accurate cockpit!) that doesn’t simply iterate on the overall baseline we’ve seen for goodness knows how long, I’m down for this. Ships like the Falcon and X-Wing have seen tremendous improvements over the past decade so why can’t the snowspeeder do the same?

Yes, a snowspeeder on that same base version they've  been using for nearly a decade would be annoying. Hopefully they do end up fixing it if this new set is a snowspeeder.

7 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’d love ROTJ. Fits with BOBF too. 

However, only if we see Geonosis stuff this summer, I’d argue minfigure packs. Battle packs, UCS stuff etc indicated what is next. 

It seems Lego are following a ‘Hoth collection’ a ‘Geonosis collection’ etc. we could get an ‘Endor collection’ over the next few years’. 

I do hope we get at least a few geonosis sets this year. Hopefully an AT-TE is one of them!

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I hope we can get a detailed Slave 1 with an interior. 

We just got a Slave 1 though.

2 minutes ago, The Stud said:

We just got a Slave 1 though.

It’s hardly a proper built slave 1, it’s so scaled down. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I hope we can get a detailed Slave 1 with an interior. 

I also hope so, but given that we just got...a form of playscale slave one, I don't see it happening anytime too soon. I think all we can really even just speculate about this wave is that it could have hoth and geonosis elements, along with elements of the newer shows.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, T21Typhoon said:

An ESB-version Falcon would actually make for an awesome set. I’ve yet to build my Rise of Skywalker version but could see a new variant that improves upon it selling well, particularly if it has a more detailed interior and fully enclosed panelling. Although saying that, I selfishly hope the summer wave has more stuff we haven’t seen before and less rehashes, not to say there isn’t room for both!

An accurate snowspeeder would require a part like this https://rebrickable.com/parts/2349b/hinge-vehicle-roof-4-x-4-sunroof-with-ledges/ . 

There's not really that much that can be improved on the TROS Falcon. It already has fewer gaps than 75212 or 75105. The cockpit and the are on the mandible next to it would be main areas. I don't think it's likely for 2022 though as 75257 is still available, even here in Australia.

Where does this rumour of a Dark Trooper helmet come from? It doesn't seem to be part of any of the leaked lists. All the other helmets have had sequential set numbers and 75326 and 75329 seem to be different sets.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

Where does this rumour of a Dark Trooper helmet come from? It doesn't seem to be part of any of the leaked lists. All the other helmets have had sequential set numbers and 75326 and 75329 seem to be different sets.

For a long time it was rumoured we'd get just two helmets out of Mando, Luke's Red 5 helmet and the Dark Trooper, but a month or two ago it was confirmed that all three would be on their way, by most of the usual reliable sources IIRC. I'm not sure where any set number disparity would come from, but it wouldn't be the first time similar sets have had numbers out of sequence.

9 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

An accurate snowspeeder would require a part like this https://rebrickable.com/parts/2349b/hinge-vehicle-roof-4-x-4-sunroof-with-ledges/ . 

There's not really that much that can be improved on the TROS Falcon. It already has fewer gaps than 75212 or 75105. The cockpit and the are on the mandible next to it would be main areas. I don't think it's likely for 2022 though as 75257 is still available, even here in Australia.

Have you seen this piece? I think we will see it used in a new Falcon, either 4+ or a regular set scaled down like the Slave 1.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-92832

https://brickset.com/parts/design-92847

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

Have you seen this piece? I think we will see it used in a new Falcon, either 4+ or a regular set scaled down like the Slave 1.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-92832

https://brickset.com/parts/design-92847

when I saw the first piece mentioned a few days ago I figured it was logical, but seeing that second one now I'd be VERY surprised if Lego doesn't have a downsized Falcon somewhere in their pipeline

45 minutes ago, AIex said:

when I saw the first piece mentioned a few days ago I figured it was logical, but seeing that second one now I'd be VERY surprised if Lego doesn't have a downsized Falcon somewhere in their pipeline

Oh I think those pieces being used on a new playscale Falcon is all but a given. Question is when we'll see it, I wouldn't be shocked if they were introduced primarily for it but have found their way into other sets.

I would guess 2023 for a new Falcon since the TROS Falcon is still around and kicking. It’ll probably retire this year since it’s been around for so long at this point. Plus that’d give us a good 3-4 years in between Falcons, which would be refreshing compared to when we constantly were getting new versions when all the new movies were releasing.

I don’t think this is what the $160 set will be, but the Mantis from Jedi: Fallen Order would be great, especially with the sequel game reported to be coming late 2022/early 2023. Something like that little robot build with the Robot Repair Tech figure would work for BD-1 if Lego doesn’t want to make a new mold.

Edited by The Stud

Two new figures leaked in the usual place. A Quarren and a female Twi'lek (Light flesh skin with the lekku similar to bib though, it's not Garsa Fwip). The Quarren has some olive green robes with white pants and the Twi'lek has a slim white jumpsuit. Both have new molds (The Quarren's head and the Twi'lek's lekku), and I'm inclined to believe these are real. The molds look like actual molds lego would make and not the hyper-realistic stuff many customs have, and the prints especially look very much in line with lego's style.

Wow, those figures look fantastic. Presumably they’re the two generic “bounty hunters” reportedly coming in Boba Fett’s Palace. The Bib Fortuna-esque lekku haven’t been represented in Lego form in 10 years and I don’t think we’ve ever gotten a Lego Quarren before so that’s exciting.

It is a bit of a bummer that we aren’t getting Santy or even some of those bikers in this set, and I do worry about if Lego is going to be able to represent all the main characters from these Star Wars shows with so many of them coming out. (They’re doing a better job than Marvel at least, which only got a CMF series, two mediocre What If? sets and it unfortunately seems likely that they’re going to skip Hawkeye and a lot of stuff from this year.) I’m really looking forward to seeing what the final set looks like though.