MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 1/12/2022 at 6:42 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Spoilers for Episode 3

Hide contents

I wonder if one or both of the bounty hunters could be members of that street gang?  I feel like there's a high chance that they're either human or humanoid, because if it were a Trandoshan or Aqualish (or, like, Krrsantan), we probably would've known due to the fact that they use a mold.  Even if the pictures were blurry, it'd still be clear that it's a molded head versus a printed one.  At this point, there's only, what, four episodes left, I can't really see them introducing a ton of new bounty hunter/thug characters, so I feel there's a good chance those characters might be coming.

IMO, it is unlikely that the two unidentified figures are 

Spoiler

the Mod bikers, since their speeders would almost certainly be included (possibly using the existing Vespa mould (see Ninjago City Gardens)). As the colours are extremely bright when compared to the Palace/throne room and Rancor, anyone who saw the prelims would have reported colourful side-builds, even if the image was too blurry to make out what they were. 

As for the $60 set; 

Spoiler

I doubt that it will be vehicle-based (going by what we have seen thus far), since it is too expensive to be either a speeder chase or Tusken swoops, and not expensive enough to be a train. I am still thinking that this will be a Hogwarts-style Palace add-on - Especially now that a fight has taken place in the Bacta chamber, I can see the set being a tower with two bikes (Minifigs being Krrsantan, Bacta Boba, and two Mod bikers). 

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Temuera Morrison has confirmed in an interview that the Slave One has now been renamed to Firespray Gunship 

That is not quite true; the interviewer said (unprompted) that Boba's ship had been "stripped of its name" and asked what it could be called now. Temuera said that "we call it" the Firespray Gunship, so it is possible that the ship is still officially named Slave I, but that the production refers to it simply as "the gunship". Alternatively, the ship may get a new official name later in the show, and he was trying to avoid spoiling that fact. Also worth noting is that Slave I has long been a Firespray-class ship, so the most that has been 'changed' is that the ship is now just being referred to by its model name (which presents no canon/continuity issues). 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

they're changing the name of an iconic ship for an extremely dumb reason.

As I outline above, this is in no way a change to the ship's name (from what information we currently have). 

4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

By the time you read the quote from Temuera Morrison it’s clear that he wasn’t saying it’s new name is the “Firespray”, that’s just what they’re referring to it as. The Slave I’s model in universe is a Firespray-31, and has been for years, so that’s why they’ve been calling it that. 

This. 👍👍👍

4 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

And it's not really a gunship.

Its a patrol/attack craft.

That is true, but since its interior space (as seen in Mando Season 2) rivals that of the Razor Crest (which was explicitly called a gunship), I am not sure how much of a difference there is between a patrol/attack craft and a gunship (nor whether there is any in-universe overlap between the two types). One possibility is that the Firespray is a gunship with a patrol/attack focus (whereas gunships like the LAAT/i are primarily used as troop-transports). 

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

That is true, but since its interior space (as seen in Mando Season 2) rivals that of the Razor Crest (which was explicitly called a gunship), I am not sure how much of a difference there is between a patrol/attack craft and a gunship (nor whether there is any in-universe overlap between the two types). One possibility is that the Firespray is a gunship with a patrol/attack focus (whereas gunships like the LAAT/i are primarily used as troop-transports). 

The term gunship is too freely tossed around - to me a "gunship" is a ship with "lots of guns" - IE The Republic Gunship at least has some justification with the turrets 360 around the ship. All of which are Laser Cannons of some variety or type - yes its a troop carrier - but its also a handy defensible position with its array of armaments.

The Slave I is more known for its fast speed and nasty "surprises" (seismic bombs - ion cannon - torps - missiles? - tractor beam) - Yes it has fully rotatable laser cannons and a second set...some....where......

Its a fast small ship - with a very specific purpose.

Gunboat isn't that purpose honestly - its a hunter seeker killer....a predator.

Gunboats are more offensive brawlers - aim to misbehave and blow stuff up.

Slave I is more a surgeons tool - in the hands of Boba Fett - should make people sweat seeing it.

Obviously the term will continue to get tossed around like a hot potato. But frankly the Slave I just simply does not fit that profile. It was designed to hunt prey - not necessarily kill them (They get paid more to bring them in "warm" :) )

1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

The term gunship is too freely tossed around - to me a "gunship" is a ship with "lots of guns"

I think that this definitely describes Slave I! As you pointed out, it has: 

seismic bombs - ion cannon - torps [No] - missiles [Yes] - tractor beam - Yes it has fully rotatable laser cannons and a second set...some....where...... [Retractable, on the sides of the body] 

Its a fast small ship 

Fast, yes, but it is not small - It actually has just over a 21 meter length/height, compared to the LAAT/i's roughly 17.5 meters. 

Gunboat isn't that purpose honestly - its a hunter seeker killer....a predator.

Gunboats are more offensive brawlers - aim to misbehave and blow stuff up.

We see Slave I doing both - It was very offensive in the asteroid chase in AotC, more of a predator when tracking the Falcon in ESB, and a mix of both on Mando. Also, it is worth noting that the basic Firespray attack/pursuit craft is only lightly-armed, so it seems that Jango and Boba turned a fast prisoner transport into a gunship with their modifications. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, I've only heard "mods" used in relation to moderators, and they didn't exactly remind me of MKJoshA. You mean like people who modify their cars?

As others have said, it was a subculture in London in the 50s and 60s (think the Who or the Kinks). I don't think 'mod' comes from the word modification, but they did have little vespa-type scooters often with lots of mirrors on them. I thought it was quite a cool inclusion personally.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, I've only heard "mods" used in relation to moderators, and they didn't exactly remind me of MKJoshA. You mean like people who modify their cars?

Everyone got there before me. But they were working class youth who spent their spare cash on expensive suits and modified vespas with loads of lights and wing mirrors. So you can see how the gang are super blatant. Apart from the leader, whose styling is more like the rockers who had street fights with the mods. 

It was a whole thing, but you can see how the gang fit that. I assume the emo comment was from that one rock chick.

@Brikkyy13 @BrickBob Studpants I respect both your opinions on the topic of the Slave I name issue. Both opinions are allowed to be voiced on this forum, though perhaps better suited to one of the other SW topics linked in my signature. Thank you all for keeping the conversation civil so far. Please continue to do so.

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that this definitely describes Slave I! As you pointed out, it has: 

Fast, yes, but it is not small - It actually has just over a 21 meter length/height, compared to the LAAT/i's roughly 17.5 meters. 

We see Slave I doing both - It was very offensive in the asteroid chase in AotC, more of a predator when tracking the Falcon in ESB, and a mix of both on Mando. Also, it is worth noting that the basic Firespray attack/pursuit craft is only lightly-armed, so it seems that Jango and Boba turned a fast prisoner transport into a gunship with their modifications. 

I'm not even sure where your getting these ideas your pulling here....I'm just going to move along. Too many things wrong with your facts.

15 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

I'm not even sure where your getting these ideas your pulling here....I'm just going to move along. Too many things wrong with your facts.

I am confused; what do you mean? The information that I am citing Re: armament, size, etc is from Wookieepedia, so it should be accurate. 🤔

11 hours ago, Stuartn said:

They were a sort of British young bikie gang in the 60s, known for their fashion sense and mopeds(?) I think they rode.

Yup, that's definately the connection. Being inspired by a british gang in the 60s fits a bit better, but I still didn't like em.

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

above, this is in no way a change to the ship's name (from what information we currently have). 

Ok sure, hypothetically it could be that boba changes the name in the show, but I really doubt it. Especially since they're talking about it in interviews, my guess is they just start calling it the firespray with no explanation in the show. 

2 hours ago, ginja said:

Everyone got there before me. But they were working class youth who spent their spare cash on expensive suits and modified vespas with loads of lights and wing mirrors. So you can see how the gang are super blatant. Apart from the leader, whose styling is more like the rockers who had street fights with the mods. 

It was a whole thing, but you can see how the gang fit that. I assume the emo comment was from that one rock chick.

Yup, that's a pretty rock solid fit for the ones in the show. Yeah the emo thing was mostly about the leader, though the helmeted fellow with the whip thingie reminded me of a KoR too.

On the subject of the unknown figures, another one that I hadn't seen thrown around as a possibility (and one that seems somewhat likely, now that I think about it) is 

Danny Trejo's character.  I suppose that might depend on what the $60 set is, and if that is some sort of palace add-on, it seems likely he'd come in that, but, if the rumor of the palace set including a Rancor are true, it would make sense to include the Rancor keeper, right?  Plus, if they were going to include Krrsantan, he would fit as the other figure, because all of the other options sort of involve a pair of people (for example, they probably wouldn't do one assassin and one of the bikers, they'd probably do a pair of assassins or a pair of bikers).

I guess the other question is, do we actually know that the ship that showed up in The Mando is Slave I, or is it a different Firespray? The old story was that Slave I was looted along with everything else in Jabba's Palace while Boba was incapacitated by the Sarlacc, and he used other ships for several years before he recovered it. During this time period in Legends he'd have been flying the Slave II. The ship in The Mando has the same paint scheme as Slave I, but AFAIK nobody in-universe has referred to it by that name yet, so it may be that the Slave II is what's getting retconned.

1 minute ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I guess the other question is, do we actually know that the ship that showed up in The Mando is Slave I, or is it a different Firespray? The old story was that Slave I was looted along with everything else in Jabba's Palace while Boba was incapacitated by the Sarlacc, and he used other ships for several years before he recovered it. During this time period in Legends he'd have been flying the Slave II. The ship in The Mando has the same paint scheme as Slave I, but AFAIK nobody in-universe has referred to it by that name yet, so it may be that the Slave II is what's getting retconned.

Based off some of the TV spots, we’ll likely get an explanation in one of the next flashback or two. It seems that it was kept in a hangar at Jabba’s Palace that was shown in the Battlefront games.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:00 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

It could also just be how the waves shaped out, we don't know for sure it'll be more spoilery than the other. I like this idea of the palace and pit being two different sets, but seeing as the rancor is supposed to be in the palace set, I'm not sure it'll happen.

I'll be honest, not a fan of this episode at all. There are some vehicles introduced that lego would totally make in a set, but I hope the set isn't them.

Reveal hidden contents

waaay to colorful for tatooine, and honestly the drivers were just so cringe-inducing and emo. I wouldn't have batted an eye if one of them was tobey maguire from spider-man 3 with a robot leg or something.

Spoiler

Seeming to be an unpopular opinion but I'd like so see the Mod Bikers in Lego, also I know you're kidding but Tobey Maguire in star wars sound like a great idea to me.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Hide contents

Seeming to be an unpopular opinion but I'd like so see the Mod Bikers in Lego, also I know you're kidding but Tobey Maguire in star wars sound like a great idea to me.

Spoiler

Oh, don't get me wrong, they'd be a great set. Colorful, the bikes are already somewhat oversized in the show, and the figs would have the potential for some really cool prints and dual moldings if they wanted to really put some effort into it. I just don't like them in the show. Sort of like how I don't like the TLJ early space battle but love the bomber design, or how I hate topher grace's venom but would pay top dollar for a minifigure of that design.

9 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

On the subject of the unknown figures, another one that I hadn't seen thrown around as a possibility (and one that seems somewhat likely, now that I think about it) is 

Hide contents

Danny Trejo's character.  I suppose that might depend on what the $60 set is, and if that is some sort of palace add-on, it seems likely he'd come in that, but, if the rumor of the palace set including a Rancor are true, it would make sense to include the Rancor keeper, right?  Plus, if they were going to include Krrsantan, he would fit as the other figure, because all of the other options sort of involve a pair of people (for example, they probably wouldn't do one assassin and one of the bikers, they'd probably do a pair of assassins or a pair of bikers).

Spoiler

I still think it'll be two identical characters, likely the assassins, but I wish it were Danny Trejo and Krrsantan. I just don't know how much info lego was given, and since Trejo wasn't promoted at all, I think they may have been keeping him secret. Given that the rancor rumors started with the rumor that someone had seen a concept image of Boba riding one, and there wasn't anything about a keeper, I think the images provided to lego were probably of that. (Which also might explain why we haven't seen it yet despite it only being a little over a month away, since boba hasn't ridden it yet)

I really need these set names, please…anyone? 

Second, I think the 4+ set could be a Hoth Wampa Cave BUT THIS IS JUST A GUESS BASED ON ZERO INFO. This is assuming the rumoured price is correct. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I wouldn‘t complain too much if the two minifigs turn out to be assassins of the Order of the Night Wind, especially if they include their energy shields, but

Santy

and

the Rancor keeper

would obviously be much cooler choices. Depends on how much concept art material was given to TLG beforehand :classic: Lucasfilm appear to be much more secretive with the shows compared to the films, for whatever reason :tongue:

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Tell me about it! Last year we got the list in January, but I remember 2020’s summer set list took ages to come out. I wonder if the potential presence of sets from this year’s new Disney+ content will keep the summer list hidden for longer.

It’s also ridiculous to think we’re getting Boba’s Palace, Dark Trooper set, and new helmets in just over a month and a half. The Mandalorian and Dark Trooper helmets are going to be my first foray into the helmets sets.

Edited by T21Typhoon

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Second, I think the 4+ set could be a Hoth Wampa Cave BUT THIS IS JUST A GUESS BASED ON ZERO INFO. This is assuming the rumoured price is correct. 

Something tells me this ain‘t the most appropriate subject matter for a 4+ set, unless this is Luke and the Wampa‘s Coffee Party :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Something tells me this ain‘t the most appropriate subject matter for a 4+ set, unless this is Luke and the Wampa‘s Coffee Party :tongue:

Hahahaha true!!! I did not think of it like that, when I should have. I thought more of a cool big fig Wampa ! You're right though, it will not be this. 

The accessory packs are starting to show up in store in the US, but are selling out the same day. Let's hope they don't stay out of stock for the duration of their entire existence like 40454

Edited by Bobbtom

On 1/11/2022 at 5:12 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75325, the 70€ TBoBF set, has 411 pieces and releases June 1st. 

75323 and 75332-75337 all release August 1st. 

75332 has 87 pieces. 75333 has 282 pieces. 75335 has 1062 pieces. 75340 (Advent Calendar) has 329 pieces.

The way things are going new releases will be very hard to come by. Lego is having some serious issues with their product and getting it out on time.

7 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Nah. The ppp is pretty consistent with a standard 4+ set, a bigfig would lower it even more, and bigfigs are pretty rare in 4+ sets too (I think hulk appeared once but that was it)

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn‘t complain too much if the two minifigs turn out to be assassins of the Order of the Night Wind, especially if they include their energy shields, but

Hide contents

Santy

and

Hide contents

the Rancor keeper

would obviously be much cooler choices. Depends on how much concept art material was given to TLG beforehand :classic: Lucasfilm appear to be much more secretive with the shows compared to the films, for whatever reason :tongue:

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Two assassins is the most likely scenario, and while I'd part them out I'd welcome the cool chest armor torso print and balaclava head prints, but the other two would be even better, while less likely. It is interesting how secretive disney in general is with the shows as opposed to the films. It's not just SW, every marvel so so far has had this secrecy via a twist villain introduced towards the end (I mean, one that everyone sees coming and leaks early, but one marvel tries to keep secret nontheless.) and just generally keeps plot details as vague and twisting as possible. It's honestly kind of annoying, keeping everything secret makes the actual reveals dulled, and once the fifth action/adventure disney+ show of the year is another mystery villain plotline, it starts to get boring.

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hahahaha true!!! I did not think of it like that, when I should have. I thought more of a cool big fig Wampa ! You're right though, it will not be this. 

Unfortunately 4+ sets almost never have bigfigs, too. I assume the set will be a somewhat iconic vehicle, since that's what they tend to be for SW (x-wings, a-wing, TIE, etc)

1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

The accessory packs are starting to show up in store in the US, but are selling out the same day. Let's hope they don't stay out of stock for the duration of their entire existence like 40454

My local Lego store had the Ahsoka Brickheadz on Thursday and the Clone Command Station on Friday. They'll most likely have the Defense of Hoth in on Tuesday. I've seen pictures of some stores with 30+ of each accessory packs. I think it'll just be a matter of time. Given their popularity as well, I can see them sticking around for awhile.