MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Quite a lot of people have their hands on the battle pack and AT-ST from brick and mortar stores already, regardless of when they may theoretically release online. I haven't seen anybody with the accessory packs yet.

Accessory Packs are TLG exclusive & TLG doesn’t break street dates (as far as I’m aware). The rest can be bought elsewhere eg Kohl’s & Target. Not sure how Australia & stuff do/don’t factor in, though, since it’s the 1st there now.

1 hour ago, BigA_7 said:

Does anyone know when the 2022 sets come out? In Australia it is 10:00 AM of January 1st but the accessory packs and battlepack still say coming soon

23 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Quite a lot of people have their hands on the battle pack and AT-ST from brick and mortar stores already, regardless of when they may theoretically release online. I haven't seen anybody with the accessory packs yet.

I am in the UK and got the battle pack and the Hoth accessory pack about 00:30 but the clone pack was already out of stock 

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

Does anyone know when the 2022 sets come out? In Australia it is 10:00 AM of January 1st but the accessory packs and battlepack still say coming soon

I noticed some January sets in other themes are also still listed as "coming soon" so I'm guessing they had a shipping delay for Aus/NZ.

UCS Falcon price went up to  £ 700 in UK (+£50) , but down to €800 (-€50) in Netherlands . (always was €800 in Germany already)

So far that makes it the same price as the new AT-AT, and seems to confirm earlier reports of Western Europe price adjustments.

Edited by TeriXeri

The AT-ST, microfighter and Ahsoka went live on S@H last night in Aus, not the other sets as others have mentioned. Ahsoka is already on backorder. Went into my certified store and grabbed the AT-ST, they hadn’t received the other sets yet except for the microfighter. Really annoyed that the battle pack has been pushed to the 10th, I’m desperate to fill my walker lol and I’m not putting in a S@H order for only the brickheadz 

3 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Check the ol # on instagram, some fella got ahold of both yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The AT-ST, microfighter and Ahsoka went live on S@H last night in Aus, not the other sets as others have mentioned. Ahsoka is already on backorder. Went into my certified store and grabbed the AT-ST, they hadn’t received the other sets yet except for the microfighter. Really annoyed that the battle pack has been pushed to the 10th, I’m desperate to fill my walker lol and I’m not putting in a S@H order for only the brickheadz 

It's an especially weird decision since it's probably going to be the most popular set (I would say the RC microfighter for mando, but it's not exactly hard to get hold of that figure anyways...). You fellas always seem to get the short end of the stick in upside-down-land, it's got to be rough.

I'm just gonna check it right after midnight and then wake myself up at 6am and hope for the best, I'm planning on snagging 4 battlepacks and maybe a spider-man set if I'm close to a threshold.

I got my first Hoth Battle Pack at Walmart yesterday. I’ve seen the Hoth AT-ST and Razor Crest MF at a few stores too but they’re not towards the top of my priority list. 

2022 starts in about 20 minutes for me and I’m going to order one of each of the new SW Accessory Sets just in case they don’t have them at my Lego Store in the morning. If they do, well, I’ll have two of each!

EDIT: Looks like I’m getting neither as they’ve seemingly been delayed, same goes for the Ahsoka Brickheadz.

Edited by The Stud

And here...we...go!

Snagged 3 snowtrooper packs (damn quantity limits, it's usually 5), and it's not up on target or amazon yet so I'll be waiting at least until later today to buy my 4th. The VIP points from the AT-AT alone made more order of 3 just about $10 though, which was nice. No accessory packs, which sucks, don't delay stuff the day it's supposed to release.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And here...we...go!

Snagged 3 snowtrooper packs (damn quantity limits, it's usually 5), and it's not up on target or amazon yet so I'll be waiting at least until later today to buy my 4th. The VIP points from the AT-AT alone made more order of 3 just about $10 though, which was nice. No accessory packs, which sucks, don't delay stuff the day it's supposed to release.

Grabbed me 2 today.  :D

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

UCS Falcon price went up to  £ 700 in UK (+£50)

I noticed that too. The Star Destroyer is down, Yoda up in price. Plus a few adjustments like the Mando Forge reduced like £3, Razorcrest down £5 etc.

Bruh the accessory packs in Australia and USA went from "coming soon on 1 January 2022" to just "coming soon" ;(

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

When I was younger and I heard people say this I used to think Brick and Mortar was a shop chain like Waterstones or Barnes and Noble. 

11 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Grabbed me 2 today.  :D

Nice!

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

When I was younger and I heard people say this I used to think Brick and Mortar was a shop chain like Waterstones or Barnes and Noble. 

I'll do you one better: my only experience with the word "mortar" at that point was from clash of clans, so I thought there was a type of store selling literal bricks and mortars.

7 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

Bruh the accessory packs in Australia and USA went from "coming soon on 1 January 2022" to just "coming soon" ;(

Yup, with no explanation. What the megablock is going on at lego HQ? These are the 4th and 5th sets in the past month to be delayed, not to mention all the packaging and instruction issues they've been having recently, and even cancelled sets like the santa's living room.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup, with no explanation. What the megablock is going on at lego HQ? These are the 4th and 5th sets in the past month to be delayed

If you have not noticed, there is an ongoing global supply chain crisis disrupting production and distribution of nearly every product being made overseas, or using parts sourced from abroad.

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

If you have not noticed, there is an ongoing global supply chain crisis disrupting production and distribution of nearly every product being made overseas, or using parts sourced from abroad.

No need to get sarcastic, I've definately noticed, manufacturing equipment is just about impossible to get. That could account for the accessory packs being delayed in the US and australia, despite seemingly not affecting anything else, but there were 3 marvel sets delayed over stability issues, the one santa set that got cancelled with no explanation, the doctor strange set with an illegal technique, the AT-AT instruction step that they had to release a video explaining how to take apart, the packaging on the gunship, etc. You could maybe attribute these two sets and the cancelled santa one to it, but clearly something is going wrong with QC and deadlines. And most of these are pretty minor in themselves, but when all taken together show that there is an issue.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No need to get sarcastic, I've definately noticed, manufacturing equipment is just about impossible to get. That could account for the accessory packs being delayed in the US and australia, despite seemingly not affecting anything else, but there were 3 marvel sets delayed over stability issues, the one santa set that got cancelled with no explanation, the doctor strange set with an illegal technique, the AT-AT instruction step that they had to release a video explaining how to take apart, the packaging on the gunship, etc. You could maybe attribute these two sets and the cancelled santa one to it, but clearly something is going wrong with QC and deadlines. And most of these are pretty minor in themselves, but when all taken together show that there is an issue.

The AT-AT doesn't count - they didn't need to change a single thing on it thanks to that video.

Bit of an unfair judgement to lop that in as a QC issue. Miscommunication perhaps - but not a quality issue.

Can't help it if people don't think outside the box anymore when it comes to problem solving.

19 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Ahsoka started on backorder, was never anything else. The battle pack is annoying as it will undoubtedly end up like the 501st.

12 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

A couple of years ago I was going to buy the HP accessory pack when it released but it changed from Coming soon on July 1st to just Coming soon and it was 4 or 5 months before it properly released and I could buy it. I was planning to buy the clone pack when it released, really hope the same thing doesn’t happen with these ones.

So I ordered 3 battle packs, 2 AT-STs, and the microfighter but I have yet to see the accessory packs and brickhead go live on S@H US. Anyone know when they might finally go up? Their page went from Coming January 1st to Coming Soon at 9pm PST last night.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

way to start the year off with the usual 5head

49 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

A couple of years ago I was going to buy the HP accessory pack when it released but it changed from Coming soon on July 1st to just Coming soon and it was 4 or 5 months before it properly released and I could buy it. I was planning to buy the clone pack when it released, really hope the same thing doesn’t happen with these ones.

Damn, that would really suck. I hear that they might come on 11th or 15th of January, but otherwise I can easily imagine a situation where they come out on some random time and date and immediately go out of stock for months before I even have the chance to buy them

I got 3 battle packs online this morning, but the accessory packs are still listed as "coming soon". It's strange they aren't available, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to get them.

5 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

The AT-AT doesn't count - they didn't need to change a single thing on it thanks to that video.

Bit of an unfair judgement to lop that in as a QC issue. Miscommunication perhaps - but not a quality issue.

Can't help it if people don't think outside the box anymore when it comes to problem solving.

It's my opinion that needing to put out a video on how to take apart a set means that it's definately a quality issue. I wouldn't call it world-ending or anything, it's just a single instructions set, and I bought the set myself, but it's certainly something to note, especially because it's not like that was the only way to make the set, as the thread about the issue has shown multiple ways to fix it.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I got 3 battle packs online this morning, but the accessory packs are still listed as "coming soon". It's strange they aren't available, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to get them.

Same here. Honestly, I'm mostly inclined to purchase the hoth pack just based on the amount of blasters in it, as neither the figures nor turret are particularly good IMO.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's my opinion that needing to put out a video on how to take apart a set means that it's definately a quality issue. I wouldn't call it world-ending or anything, it's just a single instructions set, and I bought the set myself, but it's certainly something to note, especially because it's not like that was the only way to make the set, as the thread about the issue has shown multiple ways to fix it.

That same thread which showed majority of those same fixes having issues in themselves in terms of stability (including my own ignoring my 1mm gap trick) which makes it worse. They obviously had a reason for the design.

But yes..its not world ending.

But I guess we agree to disagree on the quality part.

Was last year the first to have a release in January, then March - setting the pattern for this year's 2 BOBF sets? I could kinda see the point of delaying those two (spoilers, hype) but the Shuttle being apparently randomly delayed three months seemed odd to me at the time. I'm not a buy-on-day-one kind of guy, so may have just missed other similar instances.

Is it just because now there's no Force Friday,  we don't have the three full waves, January, June-ish, September?