MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Does anyone know when we will have more info on the quotes sets?

you never know with leaks. AFAIK they're releasing march-may 2021, and since we already have descriptions I'd guess we won't see images until a month or two before release.

I finished the AT-AT, get ready for my obnoxiously long comments about it, which I'll put in a spoiler for no other reason than the amount of space they take up:

Spoiler

Overview:  "Oh, it's beautiful". The AT-AT is a mastercraft of lego. A surprisingly stable, gargantuan beast that's also incredibly detailed and aesthetically pleasing. 

You've probably already heard all the major draws to it, like the size, seating, etc, so here are aome of the little things I really appreciate:

It runs on octane

the display plaque has room for that little tool

each seat has a spot for the weapon next to it

EVERYWHERE is detailed, even areas you'd likely never be looking at, which is pretty darn impressive.

You've got a great figure selection, with a sizable amount of troopers, veers, luke, and both drivers for once.

My minor gripes that don't really matter that much, as I'd still recommend the set, but it'd be fair to include:

there are some small gaps in the cockpit if you leave the sides of the head attached normally. It's easy to fix, which is why I'm so perplexed that they didn't

Probably the biggest of the minor gripes, the instructions have quite a few mistakes in them, including the head being mistakenly shown as built and attached for like 3 bags before you start building it, as well as some other confusing steps that made me have to backtrack to be sure I didn't miss anything. Between this, the wrong packaging for the gunship, and the lightsaber errors in the luke's lightsaber promo, I'm starting to worry that quality control is slipping. Not to mention the steps that are extremely difficult to take apart without tools (yes, I know they released the video and it's possible, but still really tough), the postponed marvel mechs due to the design flaw... there've been more mistakes, in the past 6 months than in the prior few years.

This one's especially minor as they're covered by helmets, but the snowtroopers and driver's faces are not accurate to the film. I know they've moved a bit from the space nazi allegory, and the snowtrooper ones don't bother me that much (I mean none of them do this is the minor gripes section but still), but veers's drivers have had their faces shown before IIRC, and neither the female nor lex luthor heads are particularly accurate to them. (also, now that angry clone is dead, can we focus on killing the lex luthor/bruce wayne/half the empire face, and the peter parker/scott lang/a-wing pilot face?

Random things I noticed:

There are 2x2 neon greenish rounded tiles used under some of the roof panels and top panels. They use gray ones when it's actually to hold things together, so I think these are lights, but I don't know.

The amount of newer parts in this set I didn't know existed. Only one was made for this set, the one in the ankles, but there are so many I'd just never seen before. The 6x2 brackets, the 6x2 wedges, the rounded 4x4 tiles that are two plates thick (I think those were from mario sets?), the 3x3 round tiles, even some technic elements.

The integration with the battle pack (which I'm going to refer to as an AT-AT expansion pack so I can continue living in denial of $20 battle packs) is pretty nice. I'm definately getting at least 4, so I can have a total of 16 snowtroopers and 4 scouts for the 4 bike spots in the AT-AT. (and I got about enough vip points from the AT-AT to cover it IIRC.)

TBOBF pilot was kinda mid but it was still cool and there are a lot of sets I could see coming out of the very first episode.

Spoiler

1. The lizard/sand crawler thing could make for a great buildable creature to face off with Boba and the Tusken youngling. 2 figs, one buildable creature, and a small contraption call it $30 

2. Fennec vs the thieves. It would be a great way to get a hairpiece fennec and to get new characters. 4 figs + shields for the thieves call it $40

3. The whole Bacta Tank room could/should be its own set (though it could fit in the Boba's Palace set if made well). 2 figs, stand for Boba's armor + droids to help put armor on $20

4. The bar/club that Boba now owns. It'd be the perfect way for Lego to make new/rare alien molds available. 5-6 figs, cantina-style build (2014 variant) call it $50

I think these all make sense though the one I really want in lego is the lizard cause I thought that was the best part of the episode. 

After seeing the episode, I’ve changed my mind about

two Gamorrean Guards being included in the throne room set. I expected them to be mere set dressing, but they actually partook in the action and now I can see them playing a bigger role in future episodes 

:classic: One definitely wouldn’t have been enough 

Hopefully, it doesn’t take too long for the set to finally be revealed :grin:

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

two Gamorrean Guards being included in the throne room set. I expected them to be mere set dressing, but they actually partook in the action and now I can see them playing a bigger role in future episodes 

I agree completely! This makes a lot of sense after seeing the episode! 

Jabba’s (Boba’s) Palace is due to come out in March right? We still don’t have any pictures or confirmation of all the minifigs?

Thank you for keeping comments about BoBF in spoilers. As a general reminder we ask that everyone wait 2 weeks after an episode drops before talking publicly about the show. That allows everyone a chance to watch it without having things spoiled here on EB. Also, the place to talk about the show is this thread.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah, they actually have roles in the show and...character development? Moreso than Boba or Fennec in this episode? :laugh:

Fine pilot, but I'm seriously confused as to how little motivation we got for why boba wants to be a crime lord and "rule with respect". Still pretty good overall though, and I'm definately picking up that palace set.

3 hours ago, Batman1 said:

I agree completely! This makes a lot of sense after seeing the episode! 

Jabba’s (Boba’s) Palace is due to come out in March right? We still don’t have any pictures or confirmation of all the minifigs?

March 1 if i remember correctly, no pictures, and the rumors are: Boba and fennec (obviously), the two guards (I'm guessing we get a new head mold or sandwich board part), and two...I think they were called "scoundrels" or "bounty hunters", not sure. 

Spoiler

I don't think this episode gets us any further as to guessing who they could be, though.

No spoilers for TBoBF (unless you have managed to avoid every piece of promotional material for the show, as well as the end of Mando Season 2), but spoiler tags nonetheless: 

Spoiler

Since the first wave of sets is not going to contain any spoiler content (as with Mando Seasons 1 and 2), the options for the second set ($60) are fairly limited. In light of this, I wonder if LEGO is taking somewhat of a Hogwarts approach to Boba's Palace - Namely, that rather than cram every section of the building into a single set, there will be multiple sets that combine to form the entire structure. I feel like this is a possibility, since the $100 set is rumoured to just be the throne room and a brickbuilt Rancor, so the $60 set could be the entryway and tower (possibly including Bacta tank Boba, to avoid overlapping with the throne room figures). 

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No spoilers for TBoBF (unless you have managed to avoid every piece of promotional material for the show, as well as the end of Mando Season 2), but spoiler tags nonetheless: 

Reveal hidden contents

Since the first wave of sets is not going to contain any spoiler content (as with Mando Seasons 1 and 2), the options for the second set ($60) are fairly limited. In light of this, I wonder if LEGO is taking somewhat of a Hogwarts approach to Boba's Palace - Namely, that rather than cram every section of the building into a single set, there will be multiple sets that combine to form the entire structure. I feel like this is a possibility, since the $100 set is rumoured to just be the throne room and a brickbuilt Rancor, so the $60 set could be the entryway and tower (possibly including Bacta tank Boba, to avoid overlapping with the throne room figures). 

Ooh, that might actually be a nice suggestion!

Spoiler

This way, several important/interesting rooms get the attention to detail they deserve!
Aside from this rumored(?) set, there's not much I can think of from this episode, that might be interesting to recreate in LEGO.
Then again, the cantina might be nice. I'd actually love a figure of Garsa Fwip :sweet: 

Anyway, there will probably be plenty of cool things in the following episodes we'd want to see in LEGO :devil: 

Regards,
Mitch

46 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Ooh, that might actually be a nice suggestion!

Hide contents

This way, several important/interesting rooms get the attention to detail they deserve!

I agree - The last Palace was $120 (in 2012!), and it looks rather sparse/underscaled, so breaking it up would result in a better model overall. 

Hide contents

Anyway, there will probably be plenty of cool things in the following episodes we'd want to see in LEGO :devil: 

Spoiler

I am quite sceptical as to how much truth there is to that supposed plot leak (if that is what you are referring to) - Two characters that were mentioned as appearing in the premiere did not, and the one that did was not mentioned in the leak (an Easter egg, but still warranting a mention for the sake of legitimacy/verifiability). Additionally, I cannot really see those two having the dynamic stated in the leak (Hired, perhaps, but second-in-command?). I do think that the group's appearance in the show is possible, however, as their leitmotif seems to feature in the theme. 

Hide contents

Then again, the cantina might be nice. I'd actually love a figure of Garsa Fwip :sweet: 

Spoiler

The problem with making the cantina in this wave is that it would overlap with the Palace/throne room Minifigs (since the only other characters that would really be worth making are Garsa Fwip and the Easter egg). It will probably be a recurring location in the series, though, so I can see us getting it in a future wave (like the Mando forge). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree - The last Palace was $120 (in 2012!), and it looks rather sparse/underscaled, so breaking it up would result in a better model overall. 

Hide contents

I am quite sceptical as to how much truth there is to that supposed plot leak (if that is what you are referring to) - Two characters that were mentioned as appearing in the premiere did not, and the one that did was not mentioned in the leak (an Easter egg, but still warranting a mention for the sake of legitimacy/verifiability). Additionally, I cannot really see those two having the dynamic stated in the leak (Hired, perhaps, but second-in-command?). I do think that the group's appearance in the show is possible, however, as their leitmotif seems to feature in the theme. 

Hide contents

The problem with making the cantina in this wave is that it would overlap with the Palace/throne room Minifigs (since the only other characters that would really be worth making are Garsa Fwip and the Easter egg). It will probably be a recurring location in the series, though, so I can see us getting it in a future wave (like the Mando forge). 

Spoiler

I agree that the "plot leak" seems fake. Now it's possible that the higher-up of the two cameos appears, and I'd wager very likely that the "second-in-command" one appears given his history with Boba, but I doubt either will appear in the context the leak claims.

I don't think we'll see the cantina anytime soon. Sets based on these series tend to be more limited than those for films, and since from the first episode alone we have the palace (and it's aforementioned hogwarts possibility for multiple sets), which fulfills a similar location set role as the cantina, I don't think we'll see it anytime soon. Especially since Garsa probably won't have any value to anyone besides adult collectors, and with Fennec and Boba likely appearing in most sets for this show, I can't see there being much of a draw to the set figure-wise, and it's not a very iconic location in and of itself yet either. I'd say a rooftop chase type set with Fennec and some of the Red Guards is more likely than this.

Bear in mind, too, that none of the Mando sets were based on the first episode. The Razor Crest and Mandalorian Forge appeared in the premier, but both of those sets have characters that didn't show up until later. Speculation about TBoBF sets based on just what we've seen so far is pretty premature--y'all are basically just naming every location that appeared in the episode since there's nothing else to go on.

@Classic_Spaceman I wasn't referring to any supposed plot leak, since I have zero clue as to what will or might happen in future episodes :tongue: 

Spoiler

But, regarding the easter egg you mentioned, was that Max Rebo, by any chance? Otherwise I probably missed it :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

@Classic_Spaceman I wasn't referring to any supposed plot leak, since I have zero clue as to what will or might happen in future episodes :tongue: 

Reveal hidden contents

But, regarding the easter egg you mentioned, was that Max Rebo, by any chance? Otherwise I probably missed it :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

Spoiler

Yes, our glorious musical leader, Max Rebo, was the only cameo of note, unless those gamorreans are the ones from ROTJ or something.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Bear in mind, too, that none of the Mando sets were based on the first episode. The Razor Crest and Mandalorian Forge appeared in the premier, but both of those sets have characters that didn't show up until later. Speculation about TBoBF sets based on just what we've seen so far is pretty premature--y'all are basically just naming every location that appeared in the episode since there's nothing else to go on.

Sure, but you can't act like the first episode is completely disconnected from the rest of the show. Like you say with the mando sets, it's likely there will be figures in the sets from across the show, but you can't act like it's premature to speculate about boba's palace sets or something because they were in the first episode.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Hide contents

Now it's possible that the higher-up of the two cameos appears

Spoiler

Some hints over the course of the season, then a Darksaber-style reveal at the end, is my guess. 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Hide contents

I'd wager very likely that the "second-in-command" one appears given his history with Boba

Spoiler

Not just with him. . . 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Hide contents

I'd say a rooftop chase type set with Fennec and some of the Red Guards is more likely than this.

Spoiler

Since Fennec appears in the throne room (and in this year's Light Cruiser), I doubt that she will also be available in a $60 set in the same wave (though the parkour ninjas are a possibility, since they need only a few new prints and no new moulds). 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:
  Hide contents

Some hints over the course of the season, then a Darksaber-style reveal at the end, is my guess. 

Hide contents

Not just with him. . . 

Hide contents

Since Fennec appears in the throne room (and in this year's Light Cruiser), I doubt that she will also be available in a $60 set in the same wave (though the parkour ninjas are a possibility, since they need only a few new prints and no new moulds). 

Spoiler

And with Fennec too, yeah.

Concerning Fennec in sets, I think they'll let her be in a lot of sets rather than restricting her to only the more expensive ones. She is a central character to this show and is being promoted nearly as heavily as boba himself. Most disney+ shows so far have had two main characters, and Fennec is the Grogu to boba's mando, the Kate Bishop to his Hawkeye, the Vision to his Wanda, the Winter Soldier to his Falcon, etc. And given how heavily she's featured in posters and such, I don't see her being relegated to more expensive sets. I don't think she'll be as plentiful as beskar mando, but I could see it being a situation similar to baby yoda, where she starts out in a more expensive set (razor crest/arquitens) before being put in cheaper sets half a year later (ToT/palace/$60 set).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I don't know why, but news about two unknown May sets (75339 for 90€ and 75342 for 40€) are making rounds on #legoleaks again, but that was known for literally a month.

Anyways, I've seen @Falconfan1414 comment that the 90€ set is most likely the Trash Compactor, since we know it's coming in May.

But that's not true.

Training on Dagobah, which is an 80€ set, comes on a 20x50 base plate.

Trash Compactor has a 20x20 base plate. This means it's probably the 40€ set. Definitely not 90€.

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't know why, but news about two unknown May sets (75339 for 90€ and 75342 for 40€) are making rounds on #legoleaks again, but that was known for literally a month.

Anyways, I've seen @Falconfan1414 comment that the 90€ set is most likely the Trash Compactor, since we know it's coming in May.

But that's not true.

Trash Compactor has a 20x20 base plate. This means it's probably the 40€ set. Definitely not 90€.

Ah I hadn’t payed attention to that detail and was just going off the missing set. Apologizes for that

If Trash Compactor is 40€, then I'll definitely buy it. I want one of those 18+ dioramas, but 80€ (for the Dagobah one) would be a lot considering that May is really expensive for me with Horizon Zero Dawn set, Love and Thunder sets, and Dominion sets like a week before that.

21 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ah I hadn’t payed attention to that detail and was just going off the missing set. Apologizes for that

No apologies needed :laugh:

It just reminded me that we actually knew the base plate sizes for both of those sets.

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It just reminded me that we actually knew the base plate sizes for both of those sets.

Do we know what the baseplate size for the Death Star one is 

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Do we know what the baseplate size for the Death Star one is 

Yeah, 26 studs wide.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Darn, I was hoping Dagobah would be the cheaper one. It was looking like an instant buy to complete my ESB display, but that'd be like $90.... I'll have to wait and see if it looks like it's worth the money.

Does anyone know when the 2022 sets come out? In Australia it is 10:00 AM of January 1st but the accessory packs and battlepack still say coming soon

31 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Does anyone know when the 2022 sets come out? In Australia it is 10:00 AM of January 1st but the accessory packs and battlepack still say coming soon

The battle pack is now listed as 10th Jan but the accessory packs still say 1st Jan...:sceptic:

Quite a lot of people have their hands on the battle pack and AT-ST from brick and mortar stores already, regardless of when they may theoretically release online. I haven't seen anybody with the accessory packs yet.