MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Now it means nothing just like the gunship figure vote/suggestion people went out and voted and suggested for nothing. Voting thing also never stated that you can only vote if you intend to buy or if you already collect, anyone can vote. And it matters a lot cause it was our chance to pick a character and it's a character number 150. LEGO could make Ahsoka any time they wanted if they wanted to make her instead of ignoring fan votes.

Right. You had a chance to pick... you picked, and other people — more people — picked a different character. I don't see how this is "ignoring fan votes". LEGO never said, "come vote for your favorite PT character" or "come vote and we'll make the top two winners" or "come vote and we'll make the winner plus whatever PT character you choose if it's not the winner." 

Did a YouTube personality make a video encouraging people to vote for a Jar Jar Brickhead? Yes. Does that mean that viewers of that video all went out en masse, set aside their own opinions about which Brickhead should be made, and dutifully voted for him because of what someone said in a video? Especially knowing 1) the market for BrickHeadz appears to be quite small... and fading fast, 2) how few people actually respond to/act on video content (you said 5% earlier... that's actually quite high, when you look at clickthrough rates and other video metrics... even 1% would be well above average), 3) how utterly unpopular Jar Jar is (and conversely how popular Ahsoka has proven to be), and 4) how short a window this fan vote lasted? No.

I get that you wanted a certain character to be made. I get that you are disappointed that that character did not win the vote. But claiming that the vote was rigged, or the "true" results were ignored, with no real evidence to support those claims... I think we've all seen how well that plays in the real world.

25 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Right. You had a chance to pick... you picked, and other people — more people — picked a different character.

Well my logic is that some people don't care about brickheadz so going out and troll voting for Jar-Jar would cost them nothing. Then there are people that actually wanted it and it was organized. Other people voting voted randomly for what they wanted from Rex, Cody, Maul, Obi Wan, to Jango Fett and Palpatine so i find it hard to believe that organized people joined by trolls lost to unorganized group of people that all picked two out of million characters and one of those two was Ahsoka.

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

People voted cause they wanted to get their first prequel brickheadz which meant even more cause it was a part of a movement from a youtuber they liked. I could point out to my Jar-Jar brickhead and say i made it happen, i was one of the 6571 votes and LEGO actually made it and listened to us and i am genuinely happy to have this, i might go and buy some of the older ones. Now it means nothing

But... you did get your first Prequel Brickheadz? Are you just upset because they made Ahsoka, one of the most popular characters in all of SW, instead of Jar Jar, one of the least? It seems crazy to me to say that more people want Jar Jar than Ahsoka. She may not be the most requested character among people on this forum, where the demographics tend to be much older and more 'serious' fans than the national average, but believe me, Ahsoka has far more fans than Mandr Productions does. A meme campaign is not going to outweigh an entire generation of fans, and especially female fans, who grew up with TCW and view Ahsoka as an icon. If you think the vote was fraudulent you have to provide some kind of evidence of that (I know that that's been a problematic concept for a lot of Americans recently, but we should work on it).

Also, just to be completely clear here, since I didn't follow the Brickheadz vote closely: LEGO had people vote for what theme they wanted, right? Not for a specific character? I know Mandr talked about a Jar Jar Brickheadz, but I didn't think that specifically was ever something LEGO offered. The choice was between Star Wars, Minecraft, Jaws, or Lilo & Stitch. If that's correct, no matter what they made it doesn't seem accurate to say that they're ignoring the results of the fan vote; they did exactly what they said they would.

10 hours ago, Milan said:

I have hidden the spoilers. They were up for about 15 minutes.
Calling @MKJoshA to take it from here.

Thanks for taking care of it!

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

But... you did get your first Prequel Brickheadz? Are you just upset because they made Ahsoka, one of the most popular characters in all of SW, instead of Jar Jar, one of the least? It seems crazy to me to say that more people want Jar Jar than Ahsoka. She may not be the most requested character among people on this forum, where the demographics tend to be much older and more 'serious' fans than the national average, but believe me, Ahsoka has far more fans than Mandr Productions does. A meme campaign is not going to outweigh an entire generation of fans, and especially female fans, who grew up with TCW and view Ahsoka as an icon. If you think the vote was fraudulent you have to provide some kind of evidence of that (I know that that's been a problematic concept for a lot of Americans recently, but we should work on it).

Also, just to be completely clear here, since I didn't follow the Brickheadz vote closely: LEGO had people vote for what theme they wanted, right? Not for a specific character? I know Mandr talked about a Jar Jar Brickheadz, but I didn't think that specifically was ever something LEGO offered. The choice was between Star Wars, Minecraft, Jaws, or Lilo & Stitch. If that's correct, no matter what they made it doesn't seem accurate to say that they're ignoring the results of the fan vote; they did exactly what they said they would.

think you voted for a theme and then could suggest a character?  I'm not 100% sure, though.

But either way, I highly doubt many people, if anyone, voted for Jar Jar by their own volition.  So, whoever took the time to vote on this from the YouTube campaign probably were the only ones voting for Jar Jar as their character.  I don't find it too difficult to believe that a lot of people voted for Ahsoka.  And even still, I guarantee you that an Ahsoka Brickheadz is going to sell better than a hypothetical Jar Jar Brickheadz, which means there could be more PT/CW Brickheadz in the future, whereas a Jar Jar one selling poorly means that they'll just ignore the PT for Brickheadz further.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

think you voted for a theme and then could suggest a character?  I'm not 100% sure, though.

But either way, I highly doubt many people, if anyone, voted for Jar Jar by their own volition.  So, whoever took the time to vote on this from the YouTube campaign probably were the only ones voting for Jar Jar as their character.  I don't find it too difficult to believe that a lot of people voted for Ahsoka.  And even still, I guarantee you that an Ahsoka Brickheadz is going to sell better than a hypothetical Jar Jar Brickheadz, which means there could be more PT/CW Brickheadz in the future, whereas a Jar Jar one selling poorly means that they'll just ignore the PT for Brickheadz further.

Yes, that's correct. Ryan definitely pushed for Jar Jar but I think there were a few people (me included) who voted before watching his video and did put Jar Jar. I just hope that they won't do what they did with the Gunship and threaten no more PT sets if this doesn't sell well. I think it will, though.

53 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Yes, that's correct. Ryan definitely pushed for Jar Jar but I think there were a few people (me included) who voted before watching his video and did put Jar Jar. I just hope that they won't do what they did with the Gunship and threaten no more PT sets if this doesn't sell well. I think it will, though.

....what? "Threatening" sounds a bit weird, it's pretty obvious economics that if the gunship UCS doesn't sell well, it doesn't make sense to follow up with more prequel UCS. Luckily it seems the gunship is selling fine, so that won't be the case anyway, but it's not like they're going "Mwahaha we're going to deny you of your legal right to prequel UCS if you don't buy a million gunships, we're maniacal designers and hate our fans"

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

....what? "Threatening" sounds a bit weird, it's pretty obvious economics that if the gunship UCS doesn't sell well, it doesn't make sense to follow up with more prequel UCS. Luckily it seems the gunship is selling fine, so that won't be the case anyway, but it's not like they're going "Mwahaha we're going to deny you of your legal right to prequel UCS if you don't buy a million gunships"

Yeah, in retrospect 'threaten' sounds a tad too strong. Maybe insinuate?

Just now, MAVERICK26 said:

If I remember correctly they pretty much just say it outright, it's not like it'd be some big scandal.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

If I remember correctly they pretty much just say it outright, it's not like it'd be some big scandal.

That's true.

The argument of trolls voting for Jar-Jar doesn‘t hold water either, because the results of the vote weren‘t immediately visible. Trolls only pose a real problem in votes with open results, which encourages them to continue because they see the fruits of their „labour“. In this case, they were blind, which isn‘t fun for them :tongue:

Just look at youtube: watching a big channel’s subscription counter go down live or disliking bad videos is not fun anymore since the former has been disabled and the latter been hidden. Same principle here

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

On 12/15/2021 at 8:35 PM, MAVERICK26 said:

It's exactly that, as if the reason a UCS Gunship wouldn't sell well would be because it was a prequel era vehicle and not a hundred other possible factors; affordability(especially given a global freakin' pandemic where money is really tight for most people), it being a troop carrier that's out of scale for carrying troops, saving up for a possible future PT UCS of a different vehicle, competition with a frankly amazing wave of system-scale Star Wars sets including several PT era sets, etc. It's just an utterly wild assupmtion for them to have made. Luckily it seems like it has sold well so hopefully they will make more PT UCS sets because there are so many PT era ships that would make incredible(and highly profitable) UCS sets.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what they do this year and I'm very hopeful for the possibility of ep2 sets for the anniversary of the film. As for what we have so far, I'm a sucker for AT-STs so I'm getting the Hoth AT-ST, I'm getting the Clone Trooper accessory pack, I might get the Hoth Trooper bp and the Rebel accessory pack but those are far less important to me and would probably be more impulse buys and frankly depends on what we end up getting later in the year. Number 1 thing on my list though is tBoBF sets and we haven't even seen them yet. Btw, do we have any idea if tBoBF sets are supposed to be January or March sets?

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

.nyway, I'm excited to see what they do this year and I'm very hopeful for the possibility of ep2 sets for the anniversary of the film. As for what we have so far, I'm a sucker for AT-STs so I'm getting the Hoth AT-ST, I'm getting the Clone Trooper accessory pack, I might get the Hoth Trooper bp and the Rebel accessory pack but those are far less important to me and would probably be more impulse buys and frankly depends on what we end up getting later in the year. Number 1 thing on my list though is tBoBF sets and we haven't even seen them yet. Btw, do we have any idea if tBoBF sets are supposed to be January or March sets?

I believe they're March sets. I would expect them to be officially revealed once the series ends in mid February, as that would line up nicely with a March release.

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I believe they're March sets. I would expect them to be officially revealed once the series ends in mid February, as that would line up nicely with a March release.

Dang, was hoping for a January release. Ah well. I doubt they'll wait that long to reveal them. I feel like they'll reveal one at the start and one later in the season just like they've done with the Mandalorian and the "Mando Mondays". I expect that the Boba's Palace will only contain things we've seen in the trailers, especially since we know what figures are included and I suspect the 2 unnamed Bounty Hunters are the 2 masked characters we see jumping across rooftops that have appeared in several scenes in the trailers. The other set might be more spoiler-y, or it'll be some sort of throne room for the Ithorian warlord which would probably be the only other thing I think they could reasonably do based solely on the trailers. 

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

LEGO posted a new video concerning the AT-AT and how to disassemble. Might be worth a look. 

No link?

3 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

You know that moment when you suddenly feel stupid?

Yeah.....lol

Although I disagree with the brown rods - I find using double sided adhesive is easier - but still.

Edited by Kage Goomba

17 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

You know that moment when you suddenly feel stupid?

Yeah.....lol

Although I disagree with the brown rods - I find using double sided adhesive is easier - but still.

I know what you mean, I also could have included it in my first post though, you weren't wrong. 

True, but they did have an official response. Not sure how I feel about it yet, figured to post here and let people in the community make up their own minds. 

2 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I know what you mean, I also could have included it in my first post though, you weren't wrong. 

True, but they did have an official response. Not sure how I feel about it yet, figured to post here and let people in the community make up their own minds. 

Honestly - after watching the video - the designer himself proving it can be disassembled without danging the product - its a no contest.

People can debate methods - but when they can show at least one way WITH VIDEO proof - can't really argue. Case closed.

From there on its just modifications and improvements.

(And for the record I have this set and recently built it - so yeah - if he can do it - no reason why we cant)

Edited by Kage Goomba

2 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

Honestly - after watching the video - the designer himself proving it can be disassembled without danging the product - its a no contest.

People can debate methods - but when they can show at least one way WITH VIDEO proof - can't really argue. Case closed.

From there on its just modifications and improvements.

(And for the record I have this set and recently built it - so yeah - if he can do it - no reason why we cant)

Fair. I think the methods are adequate. I'll build it for myself but not planning to take it apart once I do - so it should be a non-issue for me. 

I am sure not everyone will be happy with it, but that's how it goes sometimes...

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

Just now, McMurder_them_softly said:

Fair. I think the methods are adequate. I'll build it for myself but not planning to take it apart once I do - so it should be a non-issue for me. 

I am sure not everyone will be happy with it, but that's how it goes sometimes...

Oh I can bet good money someone somewhere will rant/whine/#### their brains out both ears over this and have an opinion.

But at the end of the day...it's just that...an opinion.

I'm sure there are improvements and mods that people will come up with - but the original set is "legit" when its all said and done.

33 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

I agree, since it can be taken apart it is a non issue, 

You know, I haven't watched any designer videos on the AT-AT or anything, so this was the first one that I've actually seen it in action, and...wow.  I didn't really realize how big that thing is.  It's impressive, and part of me kind of wants it, but the rest of me can't justify spending that much, nor do I have the amount of space it'll take up :tongue: