MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's gotta be tough when people take leaker's speculation and rumors as gospel. Some guys get high on it (marvel leaks are a great example), it's nice to see you guys clarify things and not blow smoke. What did happen with rex and cody, by the way? No way lego changed it that late in production, so was it just a game of telephone or did someone get false info?

Not trying to minimod but I don't want the thread to get shut down, this stuff belongs in the wishlist thread. (I don't think we'll see the dropship for a long time though, since it's just a more obscure republic gunship in the eyes of children, and the fact that it's a drop feature instead of holding troops makes it less playable and less profitable if it was released separately from a walker)

Not really sure it is 'wishlisting', just the same as any discussion which has discussed the prices. However, last I will say on it. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's gotta be tough when people take leaker's speculation and rumors as gospel.

Believe me, I know not to take speculation and run with it as confirmation, that’s not what happened. I even double checked and didn’t see anything saying it was speculation. Obviously I missed something. Just a simple mistake is all, a misunderstanding 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Believe me, I know not to take speculation and run with it as confirmation, that’s not what happened. I even double checked and didn’t see anything saying it was speculation. Obviously I missed something. Just a simple mistake is all, a misunderstanding 

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that. It's a common thing that happens with leaks, is all I meant. This case was certainly a bit fuzzier.

My death star sold, fellas!!!! Using that and the christmas-present-to-myself funds I give myself, I should be able to afford the UCS AT-AT when it returns to stock. Is it as good as people say it is, and when will it return to stock?

Has anyone else thought about combining Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser and 6x clone battle packs to make a republic Arquitens? You may not end up with quite enough dark red plates, but those quarter round slopes are perfect

I know I'm late to this but I think it's fine they have that phase 2 animated armour for the phase 2 live action clones. It was meant to be a hybrid one anyways, so its good to have some consistency between clones from now on. Also, before phase 1 and phase 2 have shared the same armour anyways so it's not too big of a deal.

1 hour ago, BigA_7 said:

I know I'm late to this but I think it's fine they have that phase 2 animated armour for the phase 2 live action clones. It was meant to be a hybrid one anyways, so its good to have some consistency between clones from now on. Also, before phase 1 and phase 2 have shared the same armour anyways so it's not too big of a deal.

I agree, I'd rather not have different types of armour between the animated and live action clones. Differences between P1 and P2 would be nicer to have distinct prints, but the differences on a minifigure torso are small enough that I can live with that.

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I can see both sides to be fair, but I am sure those that hate it will love it if(when) Phase II troopers are released and they only need to swap the helmet for more troops. 

I like the look of these Phase I troopers, and as @TeddytheSpoon notes, the differences are marginal enough. 

6 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Has anyone else thought about combining Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser and 6x clone battle packs to make a republic Arquitens? You may not end up with quite enough dark red plates, but those quarter round slopes are perfect

That's not a bad idea. It's not going to give you everything you need but it would be an excellent start.

15 hours ago, ToaDraco said:
21 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

That's not a bad idea. It's not going to give you everything you need but it would be an excellent start.

That is in fact an excellent idea. I'm about to try it. 

Oh wait, I don't own one. Stupid supply chain issues.

On 12/7/2021 at 4:52 PM, ForgedInLego said:

We’ll I’m thinking of it now obviously!

I did buy an extra Light Cruiser set for this reason…

On 12/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

My death star sold, fellas!!!! Using that and the christmas-present-to-myself funds I give myself, I should be able to afford the UCS AT-AT when it returns to stock. Is it as good as people say it is, and when will it return to stock?

And there was much rejoicing! I am currently building the model and it is as good as people say, yes. It returned to stock in the US briefly this week but sold out again in a matter of hours. That's a good sign, considering the initial message from LEGO was that the set wouldn't be re-stocked until post-Christmas. I would suggest signing up for their stock alerts, it's a helpful way to follow stock levels.

30 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

And there was much rejoicing! I am currently building the model and it is as good as people say, yes. It returned to stock in the US briefly this week but sold out again in a matter of hours. That's a good sign, considering the initial message from LEGO was that the set wouldn't be re-stocked until post-Christmas. I would suggest signing up for their stock alerts, it's a helpful way to follow stock levels.

I did that, but got one in the middle of school and didn't have an opportunity to do anything about it until around 5 hours later when it sold out. I asked it to notify me again, hopefully the new stock hits at a different time. Thanks for the impression of the model, it really does sound that good.

There's a rash of fake-looking leaks going around that say what the 2022 sets are, how many figs, etc. I'm pretty sure it's just the same guy on alt accounts but I can't trace them far back enough. (They include a republic gunship, $40 geonosis duel, echo base with the contents of the Assault on hoth set, and claim that the new MBS is just the ewok village, which along with the suspicous accounts makes em look pretty fake to me)

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I did that, but got one in the middle of school and didn't have an opportunity to do anything about it until around 5 hours later when it sold out. I asked it to notify me again, hopefully the new stock hits at a different time. Thanks for the impression of the model, it really does sound that good.

There's a rash of fake-looking leaks going around that say what the 2022 sets are, how many figs, etc. I'm pretty sure it's just the same guy on alt accounts but I can't trace them far back enough. (They include a republic gunship, $40 geonosis duel, echo base with the contents of the Assault on hoth set, and claim that the new MBS is just the ewok village, which along with the suspicous accounts makes em look pretty fake to me)

They all seem very smilar to previous sets and other people’s wishlist’s looking again.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Is the list fake on Lego leaks insta?

apparently they were made up by projekt_408 on insta to prank his friends, he had to make a post explaining it lmao

4 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I would guess so. There's no way another Republic Gunship is coming this soon to the UCS model.

Why not. They released a system falcon whilst the UCS is still on shelves. And currently have 2 AT-AT’s on sale. I think it’s pretty likely. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego is going in for the whole ‘mum can I get that big ship that dad has’ ‘no, but hey there’s a smaller one you can get’

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Why not. They released a system falcon whilst the UCS is still on shelves. And currently have 2 AT-AT’s on sale. I think it’s pretty likely. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego is going in for the whole ‘mum can I get that big ship that dad has’ ‘no, but hey there’s a smaller one you can get’

The AT-AT is a system model released first, followed by a UCS model, which is somewhat common The falcon was not only based off a different film, but two years later and there was an over $600 price gap, and likely an outlier considering it's the only time that's happened AFAIK.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The AT-AT is a system model released first, followed by a UCS model, which is somewhat common The falcon was not only based off a different film, but two years later and there was an over $600 price gap, and likely an outlier considering it's the only time that's happened AFAIK.

10129 Rebel Snowspeeder (UCS) released in September of 2003, and 4500 Rebel Snowspeeder released January 1 2004, so its not entirely unheard of

Just watched a review of the Razor Crest Microfighter. What stood out for me (in a bad way) was the 1x4 technic bricks used to attach the engines. They really make the overall shape too blocky (pun slightly intended); maybe wedge plates or something over the top to hide those bricks or just a completely different engine design/connection method would've helped in a big way. I actually didn't mind the stud shooters - it's a microfighter, it's going to have stud shooters, and they can be easily removed without sacrificing anything. The other downside to the set is there's nothing new in the minifig. This will be the fourth? release of a Beskar Mando fig, and it's already shown up in cheap sets, unlike say Kylo Ren who could otherwise only be found in his much more expensive shuttle, or even ANH Han, also usually in more expensive sets.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Still not a certainty. If it’s happened before it could happen again. There was a time when people said there would never be 18+ sets, sets based on Bond or Stranger things, a UCS AT-AT, a Titanic set. There don’t seem to be solid rules, can’t be ruled out at all imo. It’s been nearly 9 years since the last system Clone wars Gunship and AT-TE. If there was ever a time to revisit those vehicles it’d be now

On 12/6/2021 at 5:06 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

It's gotta be tough when people take leaker's speculation and rumors as gospel. Some guys get high on it (marvel leaks are a great example), it's nice to see you guys clarify things and not blow smoke. What did happen with rex and cody, by the way? No way lego changed it that late in production, so was it just a game of telephone or did someone get false info?

That was something myself and a lot of other leakers felt very confident for a variety of reasons. Just seemed legit. I'm not too sure what happened. I suspect it was a game of telephone tho...

48 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

That was something myself and a lot of other leakers felt very confident for a variety of reasons. Just seemed legit. I'm not too sure what happened. I suspect it was a game of telephone tho...

Interesting, I could see the commander being telephoned to cody but I'm not sure how Rex got telephoned, that's rough, but I guess if it's a potato quality image it's hard to tell.

Edited by Mandalorianknight