MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm sorry, but this argument is not supported by literally any pattern of data. Lego makes sets without accompanied sets from the same battle/scene all the time. Hell, the A-wing was released in that same with without any accompanying sets either. Does that mean they can't release sets based off the DS2 battle?

I didn't know that, that's good. No obstacle to a jabba's palace, then, so it's definately an option on the table. I'm still leaning towards endor, but I'd give it 50-30-20 odds (between endor, jabba's, and something else) with my complete lack of insider info.

It seems to me that Star Wars Lego is heavier on ships and "Swooshable" sets. I'd then suspect more remakes over the long on on things like the Skiff vs. the Palace and big location sets. With Book of Boba Fett taking place at Jabba's Palace. I'd bet money that there will be a Palace set in the next 2 years if it's not already coming out in 2022. 

8 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Solid Brix Studios has his reviews of the Hoth Snowtrooper battlepack and Hoth ATST up on YouTube. He's also got the ATST next to the UCS ATAT at the end of that review.

Both look pretty good - I will definitely grab a Battlepack. While I like the snowy Chewie and Probe Droid in the ATST I probably won't grab it unless I decide to buy the UCS ATAT as it looks great next to that set and scales well.

Seconded. I really like the look of the AT-ST as a display model. Not quite sure why, but it just feels nostalgic I suppose. But I can't get it; if I got it I would want to display it next to the UCS AT-AT and I can't get that, so I can't get the AT-ST. :laugh:

As for the figures, it's great that they're reusing the Hoth Rebel jacket torso from 75098 Assault On Hoth to give some Echo base crew although they're not pairing them with the legs with the printed pockets but plain white legs. A minor cost cut which is a slight detriment to the figure in my opinion, but a reasonable compromise and some people may prefer as it might be easier to assemble multiples. I preferred the male ginger bearded face from 75098 as it looked like the guy you see helping to lower an astromech, but I get what they're doing with the diversity of faces.

Edited by BacktoBricks

10 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Solid Brix Studios has his reviews of the Hoth Snowtrooper battlepack and Hoth ATST up on YouTube.

I think the Hoth AT-ST is a slight improvement over the AT-ST frøm Rogue one. The legs are thinner, and look much better, and the head is also nicely built. I like especially that it is more inclined downwards while the other one looks up. Still, the lack of posable legs is a big minus (such as the lack of a new cockpit for the Snowspeeder). I’m sure LEGO designers are able to do it, as they did with ots of mecs from different themes.

According to reviews the Mando figure from the micro fighter is the old one. Like many folks mentioned here: it was just the lighting which made colours brighter. Also the visor is again way too low while in promotional pictures it's shown higher than they actually print it.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The AT-ST does look very good next to the AT-AT. All that's missing is a Snowspeeder to be able to create a really good Hoth display.

As long as we’re finally done with Hoth for a while then :tongue: I get it, the Plague was defeated at the Battle of Hoth, Hoth brought us world peace, Hoth died for our sins. But can they please remember that other scenes and battles exist too? :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Do we think Lego would release a Dropship and AT-TE separately? 

I think there is a 0% chance of a dropship this year, unfortunately. They would not be released separately and a combination would be $200+, which doesn't fit the leaked prices. 

31 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I think there is a 0% chance of a dropship this year, unfortunately. They would not be released separately and a combination would be $200+, which doesn't fit the leaked prices. 

Why wouldn’t they release separately? 

1758 pieces - how much did the AT-OT contribute to it? Surely Atleast 758, hence could be the $140 set or even $99. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

17 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Why wouldn’t they release separately? 

I don't think there's an awful big market for a dropship without anything for it to drop. This leaves you stuck buying two massive sets, something that I'm sure is far more justifiable for us than it is for most parents of children.

3 minutes ago, AIex said:

I don't think there's an awful big market for a dropship without anything for it to drop. This leaves you stuck buying two massive sets, something that I'm sure is far more justifiable for us than it is for most parents of children.

If it accompanied a separate ATTE it could I reckon.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I definitely wouldn’t count on it, but I think it could work, especially if the AT-TE remains similarly sized to the 2013 one, meaning they can downscale the dropship. 

If they did do it, they’d have to add some extra features to the dropship to make it work standalone. Maybe include some extra things in there. 

My bet would still be on the AT-TE being $140 and being a similar size to the 2008 one though

21 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

If it accompanied a separate ATTE it could I reckon.

see the second part of my comment, though. Even if both were downscaled, you'd still have to spend nearly $200 for the both of them. I'm sure a separate AT-TE would sell just fine on its own, but the dropship would suffer from being a big ~$100 set that has little value if you don't buy the other big ~$100 set that goes with it. Most parents could not justify such a thing.

8 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

My bet would still be on the AT-TE being $140 and being a similar size to the 2008 one though

All discussion of an AT-TE in this thread is complete wishlisting. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO indication that one is coming and y'all are here trying to figure out what set number might hypothetically be it. This is the textbook example of how fake rumors start.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:46 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Childish Landino has listed a few of the summer sets as AotC specifically on his IG. That’s where my comments come from. I’m fairly certain he didn’t say anything about that being a guess on his part so I took it as a strong rumor (I don’t consider anything as definitely confirmed until Lego themselves confirm it). I’m not referring to an AT-TE anywhere, although it would make sense for that to be in the wave since the UCS Gunship made it more relevant again. I certainly find it more likely than a system scale Gunship being released alongside the UCS

Sorry for the late reply and confusion. Those were my just guesses/speculation. 

However, some of those speculations are based on rumors I have heard. Just rumors that sometimes can be very false, a la Rex and Cody. I think it's very likely we will see some sort of products from AOTC this year, given the fan support of the UCS Gunship and the release of the Clone Command Station set. But again, thats just my two cents, please do not take this as any sort of confirmation. 

19 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

However, some of those speculations are based on rumors I have heard. Just rumors that sometimes can be very false, a la Rex and Cody. I think it's very likely we will see some sort of products from AOTC this year, given the fan support of the UCS Gunship and the release of the Clone Command Station set. But again, thats just my two cents, please do not take this as any sort of confirmation. 

Thanks for clarifying :thumbup: Moreover, TLG have not ignored any of the SW anniversaries so far and I assume AOTC is no different. The million dollar question though is how many sets we should expect. Just look at TPM's 20th anniversary with its single celebratory set :tongue: Then again, TPM had to share its anniversary with the theme as a whole, so of course it got lost in the shuffle a bit 

If LEGO does end up releasing more AOTC sets sometime soon, I would love to see a remake of the hailfire droid. 

1 minute ago, Merc4Hire said:

If LEGO does end up releasing more AOTC sets sometime soon, I would love to see a remake of the hailfire droid. 

Like 4481 right? RIGHT?! (Just joking, but I love that set and would love to see a remake). 

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks for clarifying :thumbup: Moreover, TLG have not ignored any of the SW anniversaries so far and I assume AOTC is no different. The million dollar question though is how many sets we should expect. Just look at TPM's 20th anniversary with its single celebratory set :tongue: Then again, TPM had to share its anniversary with the theme as a whole, so of course it got lost in the shuffle a bit 

Huh?

TPM: 0 sets in 2009, 1 set in 2019
AotC: 0 sets in 2012
RotS: 0 sets in 2015
ANH: 2 sets in 2007, 1 set in 2017
ESB: 1 set in 2000, 5 sets in 2010, 2 sets in 2020
RotJ: 3 sets in 2003, 3 sets in 2013

LEGO absolutely ignores anniversaries. The OT movies get about the same number of sets in anniversary years as they do in random other years and the PT movies have never gotten anything.

8 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Like 4481 right? RIGHT?! (Just joking, but I love that set and would love to see a remake). 

That's exactly the one I was thinking of actually :laugh:  

15 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

LEGO absolutely ignores anniversaries. The OT movies get about the same number of sets in anniversary years as they do in random other years and the PT movies have never gotten anything.

I was more thinking of the 20th, 30th and 40th anniversaries of the films, which were commemorated with a special logo on the packaging on more than one occassion :classic: Of course it mostly didn‘t directly translate into sets, I‘ll give you that :tongue:

1 hour ago, Childish_Landino said:

Thank you for clarifying! I apologize for misunderstanding 

2 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

It's gotta be tough when people take leaker's speculation and rumors as gospel. Some guys get high on it (marvel leaks are a great example), it's nice to see you guys clarify things and not blow smoke. What did happen with rex and cody, by the way? No way lego changed it that late in production, so was it just a game of telephone or did someone get false info?

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Not trying to minimod but I don't want the thread to get shut down, this stuff belongs in the wishlist thread. (I don't think we'll see the dropship for a long time though, since it's just a more obscure republic gunship in the eyes of children, and the fact that it's a drop feature instead of holding troops makes it less playable and less profitable if it was released separately from a walker)