MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

17 hours ago, necrochasm said:

I’m pretty certain $530 is Endor, and if i were to guess based off the price, it’ll include the bunker and the landing platform

Theres also bound to be an AT-TE, Gunship or both in here too judging by the clone pack coming out

The rest are probably disney+ sets. One of these is definitely from Kenobi and possibly Andor as well 

Endor MBS seems logical to me, but there's NO WAY we get both an at-te and gunship. AT-TE is possible, but certainly not "bound to be", battlepacks do not necessarily correspond to similar sets releasing the next wave. And getting a system version of a set while the UCS one is still on shelves has I think never happened? They've been times when a UCS version of a set has released while the system one was already on shelves, but a system version of a set coming out while the UCS one is on shelves has almost never, if ever, happened.

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Endor MBS seems logical to me, but there's NO WAY we get both an at-te and gunship. AT-TE is possible, but certainly not "bound to be", battlepacks do not necessarily correspond to similar sets releasing the next wave. And getting a system version of a set while the UCS one is still on shelves has I think never happened? They've been times when a UCS version of a set has released while the system one was already on shelves, but a system version of a set coming out while the UCS one is on shelves has almost never, if ever, happened.

I wouldn't get too bogged down with what has happened before etc. Lego each year prove you cannot predict their waves of sets they release. 

What this forum, alongside Instagram and Youtube show is there is a thirst for a Gunship, an AT-TE, and somewhat surprisingly a Petranaki Arena. It has surprised me. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

As awesome as MBS Endor would be, I just can’t rest until we have a MBS Arena set. 2022 would be the perfect time since we’re getting all this other AotC stuff. Also I’ll be upset if we finally get a Jango Slave I and it’s the crappy garbage scaled down version like this year’s. I would love it if they made one to scale with the 20th Anniversary version

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Sorry if someone has already said this, but without further ado…

I’d say since we’re getting the throne room, there’s no chance of the $530 set being an mbs Jabba’s palace, if it even is mbs. There is precedent of a set having a ucs and a fig scale set out at once as @Mandalorianknight references above me, but given these are both generally play scale sets, it’s unlikely Lego will shoot themselves in the foot that way.

Now as to answer MandalorianKnight’s question, it might have happened in 2004 with the snowspeeder, but I don’t know which one came out first.

23 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I wouldn't get too bogged down with what has happened before etc. Lego each year prove you cannot predict their waves of sets they release. 

What this forum, alongside Instagram and Youtube show is there is a thirst for a Gunship, an AT-TE, and somewhat surprisingly a Petranaki Arena. It has surprised me. 

The thing to remember is that it doesn't necessarily correlate to demand. Lego's primary sales are for children for system sets, and IIRC more middle-aged men for the UCS/MBS sets, and the main demographic on the internet is teens and young adults. Now, I think an AT-TE is likely, and even Pentaki given the gunship goes well, but I cannot see them releasing a system gunship with a UCS one on shelves already.

There is good news for pentaki, given that the gunship sales seem to be average for a UCS set, so more prequel D2Cs are possible.

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

MBS Jabba’s Palace will never happen

It could, I think the biggest issue to is is slave leia, in which case the set can get made if.

A: lego grows some blocks (and maybe lucasfilm too depending on the rules within) and is able to release a set with Slave Leia again. (I doubt the "it could vaguely be interpreted as a mosque" thing is an actual factor here since disney's still using the same palace design in the BoBf)

B: They just include Boushh as the leia variant.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It could, I think the biggest issue to is is slave leia, in which case the set can get made if.

B: They just include Boushh as the leia variant.

Honestly, I could see them doing this. I know they like to do the variants needed for all scenes when they can, but this would also work.

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

2022 would be the perfect time since we’re getting all this other AotC stuff.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. There's nothing AotC related except the single accessory pack, but now we have two pages of talk about an AT-TE that isn't happening and people think there's a whole wave of it.

29 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. There's nothing AotC related except the single accessory pack, but now we have two pages of talk about an AT-TE that isn't happening and people think there's a whole wave of it.

Childish Landino has listed a few of the summer sets as AotC specifically on his IG. That’s where my comments come from. I’m fairly certain he didn’t say anything about that being a guess on his part so I took it as a strong rumor (I don’t consider anything as definitely confirmed until Lego themselves confirm it). I’m not referring to an AT-TE anywhere, although it would make sense for that to be in the wave since the UCS Gunship made it more relevant again. I certainly find it more likely than a system scale Gunship being released alongside the UCS

Considering Lego never released a Geonosis Arena during the initial Ep 2 wave after fearing it wouldn't sell well, I HIGHLY doubt they're putting a $500+ version out on shelves. 

Just now, Gontron said:

Considering Lego never released a Geonosis Arena during the initial Ep 2 wave after fearing it wouldn't sell well, I HIGHLY doubt they're putting a $500+ version out on shelves. 

It's also worth remembering that this $500+ set has most likely been in development since prior to this summer, before the Gunship was even released.  If/when we do eventually get prequel based MBS sets, I think they would want a better idea of the sales figures of them, and at the time when this $500+ set would've been in development, there would've been no current data on how the Gunship was doing.

Regardless of timing, I just don't see how a Geonosis arena would be worth $500+. Sure, you can build one with that price tag, but I think it would work much better as a >$60 set

34 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Childish Landino has listed a few of the summer sets as AotC specifically on his IG. That’s where my comments come from. I’m fairly certain he didn’t say anything about that being a guess on his part so I took it as a strong rumor (I don’t consider anything as definitely confirmed until Lego themselves confirm it).

I don’t see it, where’d he say that?

23 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Regardless of timing, I just don't see how a Geonosis arena would be worth $500+. Sure, you can build one with that price tag, but I think it would work much better as a >$60 set

Not a chance. That would be a terrible set missing almost every aspect of the scene. It would HAVE to be no cheaper than $200. All three beasts. Jedi, droids, viewing balcony characters, geonosians, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I don’t see it, where’d he say that?

It was in his story the day the list came out. I suppose it could have been predictions on his part since I didn’t see anyone else saying that. But I checked at the time and I didn’t see him saying anywhere that they were only predictions

55 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Were we watching the same movie? Because the way LEGO prices things, $60 would be maybe one pillar, one Jedi, one Beast, and one Geonosian...

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Were we watching the same movie? Because the way LEGO prices things, $60 would be maybe one pillar, one Jedi, one Beast, and one Geonosian...

yeah pretty much. I guess the sequence just didn't have as much of an impact on me than it did on other people

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Exactly. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if they made maybe three different sets, one for each beast, and included different aspects of the scene with each set. But if we only ever get one arena set, it needs to be very big and include the whole scene 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

NO WAY we get both an at-te and gunship

strictly not a gunship, but there was 10195 the drop ship & walker: getting both AT-TE and gunship is well within realm of possibility.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It was in his story the day the list came out. I suppose it could have been predictions on his part since I didn’t see anyone else saying that. But I checked at the time and I didn’t see him saying anywhere that they were only predictions

If I remember correctly, he announced beforehand that he’d later post his personal predictions, which must’ve been what you’ve seen :classic: Besides, if this was actual information, I’m sure it’d be all over IG by now

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Childish Landino has listed a few of the summer sets as AotC specifically on his IG. That’s where my comments come from. I’m fairly certain he didn’t say anything about that being a guess on his part so I took it as a strong rumor (I don’t consider anything as definitely confirmed until Lego themselves confirm it). I’m not referring to an AT-TE anywhere, although it would make sense for that to be in the wave since the UCS Gunship made it more relevant again. I certainly find it more likely than a system scale Gunship being released alongside the UCS

Where did he say this - was it on his story? (thus, expired so can’t see). If he says something, pay attention as you probably are aware. So this gets me excited…

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If I remember correctly, he announced beforehand that he’d later post his personal predictions, which must’ve been what you’ve seen :classic: Besides, if this was actual information, I’m sure it’d be all over IG by now

Yeah, this is a good point. Haven’t heard anything of the such.  

Edited by ArrowBricks

Is the new Phase 1 clone trooper battle pack based off of ATOC or the Clone Wars?  I thought it was ATOC based but the clones look very much like the clones from TCW. 

Regarding the news of the summer sets, I really am hoping to see Jango‘s Slave 1, Naboo Royal Starship and the Jedi Temple. 

15 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Is the new Phase 1 clone trooper battle pack based off of ATOC or the Clone Wars?  I thought it was ATOC based but the clones look very much like the clones from TCW. 

Its based off Episode 2 as P1 ranks never appear in TCW, though its using the TCW torso design probably for consistency. 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You're certain of that on the basis of what, exactly? This goes for everybody in this thread. Yes, the MBS (if it's an MBS) certainly might be Endor, but you have literally zero grounds to think that it is other than that that's what you want and "it would make sense". People are already getting hyped for an AT-TE and Gunship on the basis of the accessory pack--remember how the AotC battle pack in 2018 foreshadowed the AT-TE coming that summer? No? That's because it didn't happen, because LEGO doesn't always coordinate sets like that!

Guys, you do this every year. People make needlessly confident guesses about what they think is coming, folks over here hype up the hypothetical sets in their heads, some smoothbrain on Instagram or YouTube makes a post about them without clearly stating that they're not real rumors, somebody posts that back over here as 'confirmation', and everybody's set up for yet another round of disappointment when it turns out to be completely unrelated.

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's literally nothing that even slightly suggests it's Endor, yet you're 'pretty certain'...

I'll admit, I worded it poorly, but come on, it's a logical guess. The only other set I can see fitting the $530 set is yet another playset death star, which granted, sounds exactly like something lego would do. I don't think Jabba's palace is gonna come in the same year as the smaller Boba Fett Palace, and while the sail barge would be the only one I'd actually buy, I'm pretty sure it'd be a UCS set over an MBS set, and I don't think they'd just drop another huge UCS less than a year after the AT-AT. I just think an endor bunker and landing platform is a pretty logical guess to make

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I got the AOTC set thing from Childish Landino on Instagram. Apparently the $140 set is an AOTC set, which realistically, judging by the price and the minifig pack, is probably an AT-TE. I doubt the gunship too, but I really have no idea what the $160 set will be. Disney+ I guess?

Okay now I’m really confused. Did Landino actually say the stuff about AOTC or not? Maybe we should just try to ask him to verify.