MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, necrochasm said:

I’m pretty certain $530 is Endor, and if i were to guess based off the price, it’ll include the bunker and the landing platform

Theres also bound to be an AT-TE, Gunship or both in here too judging by the clone pack coming out

The rest are probably disney+ sets. One of these is definitely from Kenobi and possibly Andor as well 

You're certain of that on the basis of what, exactly? This goes for everybody in this thread. Yes, the MBS (if it's an MBS) certainly might be Endor, but you have literally zero grounds to think that it is other than that that's what you want and "it would make sense". People are already getting hyped for an AT-TE and Gunship on the basis of the accessory pack--remember how the AotC battle pack in 2018 foreshadowed the AT-TE coming that summer? No? That's because it didn't happen, because LEGO doesn't always coordinate sets like that!

Guys, you do this every year. People make needlessly confident guesses about what they think is coming, folks over here hype up the hypothetical sets in their heads, some smoothbrain on Instagram or YouTube makes a post about them without clearly stating that they're not real rumors, somebody posts that back over here as 'confirmation', and everybody's set up for yet another round of disappointment when it turns out to be completely unrelated.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

59 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You're certain of that on the basis of what, exactly? This goes for everybody in this thread. Yes, the MBS (if it's an MBS) certainly might be Endor, but you have literally zero grounds to think that it is other than that that's what you want and "it would make sense". People are already getting hyped for an AT-TE and Gunship on the basis of the accessory pack--remember how the AotC battle pack in 2018 foreshadowed the AT-TE coming that summer? No? That's because it didn't happen, because LEGO doesn't always coordinate sets like that!

Guys, you do this every year. People make needlessly confident guesses about what they think is coming, folks over here hype up the hypothetical sets in their heads, some smoothbrain on Instagram or YouTube makes a post about them without clearly stating that they're not real rumors, somebody posts that back over here as 'confirmation', and everybody's set up for yet another round of disappointment when it turns out to be completely unrelated.

I'm sure they will scream murder when things don't come true either lol.

It's nice to wish and hope - but predictions make me laugh hard. But alas - one can hope - but that's as far as I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I'm not saying you're incorrect (and you are absolutely right that there's a fine line between wishlisting and guessing, and unfortunately sometimes the latter becomes reported as true elsewhere, as you said), but I do feel like there's a difference between saying the $530 set as Endor is logical versus assuming there's a Gunship/AT-TE coming this summer.  Realistically, assuming that set isn't some kind of mural or sculpture (and I highly, highly doubt they would release something of that sort for $500+), there's a finite number of things that it could be that would 

A) Sell well at $500+

B) Actually have enough "stuff" to be able to be a $500+ set

If it is an MBS set, Endor or Yavin are basically the only things that check those boxes, unless they were to go way off the board from how they usually do D2C sets.

Again, I want to stress that I agree with your point overall (and I was guilty of it too), but I feel like one guess is a bit more based on history (sort of like how people very easily deduced that a UCS A-Wing was coming even before any rumors came around) whereas the other is a bit more speculative.

Love the packs. I can learn to love the "hybrid" design of the clones. I do kind of wish they would have gone with a different clone color but I also want everyone to have a chance to get the Commander and not be forced to get the Gunship to get him. The Hoth pack looks excellent as well and compliments the other Hoth sets perfectly. (Literally building my AT-AT as I type this).

I just saw a post that mentions prices and set numbers for Summer and Fall sets. Isn't it a little too soon for those to come out or is this ordinary and it's the more specific rumors that come out at a later date?

I’m fine with the newer Lego clone design. I prefer it one design used for everything over having separate designs for Prequel and TCW clones, especially with so much more overlap between the films and shows these days. I also don’t have many Clone figures from before last year so the change also doesn’t really affect me.

As for these summer set numbers and prices, count me in for wanting a new AT-TE and MBS Endor. I hope most of the rest are based on some combination of Kenobi, Andor and The Bad Batch. I’m all in on collecting sets based off the Disney+ shows.

Edited by The Stud

$529 is a lot, assuming it is an MBS. That is the Australian price so I didn’t notice the increase at first. I am unsure what it could be but it could be whittled down to a few choices assuming it is the next MBS set, which isn’t a given. Good to see a lot more sets in this wave

Let months of mindless speculation begin! Taking all bets!

Snowspeeder - 1.1:1

Rebel trooper in advent calendar - 1.2:1

Phase I clone in advent calendar - 1.3:1

1 Kenobi set - 1.3:1

1 Andor set - 1.3:1

Battle droid in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Snowtrooper in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Pilot Luke in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Mini AT-AT and Snowspeeder in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Rebel Y-Wing - 2:1

X-Wing in advent calendar - 2:1

Y-Wing in advent calendar - 2:1

2 Kenobi sets - 2:1

2 Andor sets - 3:1

Farmboy Luke in advent calendar - 3:1

Razor Crest in advent calendar - 3:1

75331 is an updated Death Star - 3:1

Riot Mar’s starfighter - 3.5:1

Hoth Rebel Base - 4:1

Playscale ISD - 4.5:1

Hoth shield generator - 5:1

75331 is Jabba’s palace - 5:1

Geonosis duel (Dooku vs Yoda) - 5.5:1 

Endor Speeder Bikes - 5.5:1

Jedi Starfighter - 6:1

Mando themed rerelease XWing - 6:1

TIE Advanced - 6:1

75331 is Battle of Endor - 6:1

C-3PO in advent calendar - 6:1

3 Kenobi sets - 7:1

Jango Slave I in advent calendar - 7:1

Jedi Interceptor - 8:1

3 Andor sets - 8:1

Rey in advent calendar - 8:1

TIE Interceptor - 9:1

TIE Bomber - 9:1

Phase I clone helmet - 9:1

Obi-Wan Kenobi in advent calendar - 9:1

More than 3 Kenobi sets - 10:1

More than 3 Andor sets - 10.5:1

Kylo Ren in advent calendar - 11:1

Cassian Andor in advent calendar - 12:1

Mythrol speeder - 12:1

75331 is Yavin 4 - 12:1

Jango Fett helmet - 15:1

AT-TE - 15:1

Count Dooku in advent calendar - 15:1

Phase II clone helmet - 16:1

Podracers - 17:1

Clone wars Y-Wing - 20:1

Jango Fett’s Slave I - 20:1

Anakin’s airspeeder - 20:1

Millennium Falcon - 22:1

Luke’s landspeeder 25:1

Podracer - 25:1

Anakin in advent calendar - 25:1

UCS C-3PO - 30:1

Cobb Vanth speeder - 35:1

Zam’s airspeeder - 40:1

Republic Gunship - 45:1

K-2SO in advent calendar - 55:1

75331 is Jedi temple - 60:1

Geonosis arena - 75:1

Any sequel set - 75:1

Anakin speeder vs Zam speeder rerelease - 80:1

Naboo flash speeder - 80:1

Playscale Venator - 99:1

Finch Dallow in advent calendar - 100:1

75331 is MBS Geonosis arena - 120:1

AT-TE and Gunship on shelves at same time - 150:1

75331 is Modular Coruscant - 200:1

75331 is UCS Venator - 250:1

Naboo royal starship - 250:1

Phase II Cody appearing in any set - 500:1

Disappointment - guaranteed

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I’m fine with the newer Lego clone design. I prefer it one design used for everything over having separate designs for Prequel and TCW clones, especially with so much more overlap between the films and shows these days. I also don’t have many Clone figures from before last year so the change also doesn’t really affect me.

I'm fine with one design for characters from different sources.

As I wrote nearly 10 years ago:

On 1/4/2012 at 10:33 AM, Brickadeer said:
On 1/4/2012 at 5:34 AM, Ceroknight said:

Wait a minute, is the Arrest going to be CW style or ROTS? :sceptic:

Personally, I'm not quite happy that Lego makes such a distinction at all. I think that Lego is the perfect platform to melt the different universes (TCW, PT, OT) into one, but apparently, that's not gonna happen.

I couldn't imagine it back then, but it happened.

So my point is not about accuracy. It's more about whether I think that the new design is an improvement of the last design, and I don't think so.

Edited by Brickadeer

7 hours ago, necrochasm said:

I’m pretty certain $530 is Endor, and if i were to guess based off the price, it’ll include the bunker and the landing platform

Theres also bound to be an AT-TE, Gunship or both in here too judging by the clone pack coming out

The rest are probably disney+ sets. One of these is definitely from Kenobi and possibly Andor as well 

There's literally nothing that even slightly suggests it's Endor, yet you're 'pretty certain'...

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm not saying you're incorrect (and you are absolutely right that there's a fine line between wishlisting and guessing, and unfortunately sometimes the latter becomes reported as true elsewhere, as you said), but I do feel like there's a difference between saying the $530 set as Endor is logical versus assuming there's a Gunship/AT-TE coming this summer.  Realistically, assuming that set isn't some kind of mural or sculpture (and I highly, highly doubt they would release something of that sort for $500+), there's a finite number of things that it could be that would 

A) Sell well at $500+

If it is an MBS set, Endor or Yavin are basically the only things that check those boxes, unless they were to go way off the board from how they usually do D2C sets.

Again, I want to stress that I agree with your point overall (and I was guilty of it too), but I feel like one guess is a bit more based on history (sort of like how people very easily deduced that a UCS A-Wing was coming even before any rumors came around) whereas the other is a bit more speculative.

Don't rule out the Death Star or Echo Base, although I feel like Endor still has a decent chance

Everything about the AT-TE is pure wishlisting though

Surprised we have a list for summer this early. It seems like quite a big wave as well, even accounting for the UCS/MBS set and advent calendar. Excited to see what they turn out to be!

Seems we have around 12 sets that are complete unknowns. Assuming we get 2 sets per TV show next year the allocation might be:

2 mandalorian S3

2 bad batch season 2

2 andor

2 kenobi

2 more BoBF?

2 potentially prequel or movie related?

Obviously this isn't taking into account the UCS, MBS and advent calendar slots which take out 3 places, doesnt seem very likely for us to get desired remakes but id like to stay optimistic.

The rumour of 2022 having staggered releases could suggest most of these sets are supposed to be new tv show merch.

Do we even know when Kenobi and Andor come out? If it’s December, I doubt lego sets be released in 2022 for spoilers n dat.

Edited by ArrowBricks

4 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Do we even know when Kenobi and Andor come out? If it’s December, I doubt lego sets be released in 2022 for spoilers n dat.

No official dates have been given yet. Latest speculation is Kenobi is presumably airing around May sometime while Andor will be fairly late towards the end of 2022.

52 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

The rumour of 2022 having staggered releases could suggest most of these sets are supposed to be new tv show merch.

That is reasonable, although Harry Potter isn't getting a January wave this year it would seem and is instead getting a March wave, so maybe it's just spacing it out due to production factors.

53 minutes ago, wesker said:

No official dates have been given yet. Latest speculation is Kenobi is presumably airing around May sometime while Andor will be fairly late towards the end of 2022.

Fair to assume a few sets from Kenobi if that is the case, and nothing from Andor I don’t think. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Both are officially coming out in 2022.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is rumoured to come out in May.

Andor will come out in Q3, meaning between July 1st and September 30th.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Both are officially coming out in 2022.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is rumoured to come out in May.

Andor will come out in Q3, meaning between July 1st and September 30th.

Interesting, cheers for the info. Surprised at the proximity of the two. Explains perhaps a more fleshed summer wave.

I'm really intrigued on the Microscale Trench Run especially as I've just built one myself. I'll have to do a in-depth comparison especially as the price seems to indicate it will be a lot larger than the Hoth & Endor microscale sets that were released as part of the 20th anniversary sets.

For the large unknown set, would it be too soon for a complete MBS Jabba/Fett Palace? I know the throne room will be featuring from the Book of Boba Fett as it's own set but a large set of the complete building that spans the eras including minifigs from both ROTJ & BOBF would have widespread appeal.

Lego have done sets before with Minifigs from different eras included. That building may also feature in Kenobi as well. 

Alright, so for the TBD sets we have:

Two confirmed May sets - one 40€, and one unknown.

One 560€ set.

One 160€ set.

One 140€ set.

Two 100€ sets.

One 70€ set.

One 60€ set.

One 50€ set.

Two 30€ sets.

And one unknown price set.

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Alright, so for the TBD sets we have:

Two confirmed May sets - one 40€, and one unknown.

One 560€ set.

One 160€ set.

One 140€ set.

Two 100€ sets.

One 70€ set.

One 60€ set.

One 50€ set.

Two 30€ sets.

And one unknown price set.

Is this taking into account the reported dark trooper helmet? (75343)

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Let months of mindless speculation begin! Taking all bets!

Snowspeeder - 1.1:1

Rebel trooper in advent calendar - 1.2:1

Phase I clone in advent calendar - 1.3:1

1 Kenobi set - 1.3:1

1 Andor set - 1.3:1

Battle droid in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Snowtrooper in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Pilot Luke in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Mini AT-AT and Snowspeeder in advent calendar - 1.5:1

Rebel Y-Wing - 2:1

X-Wing in advent calendar - 2:1

Y-Wing in advent calendar - 2:1

2 Kenobi sets - 2:1

2 Andor sets - 3:1

Farmboy Luke in advent calendar - 3:1

Razor Crest in advent calendar - 3:1

75331 is an updated Death Star - 3:1

Riot Mar’s starfighter - 3.5:1

Hoth Rebel Base - 4:1

Playscale ISD - 4.5:1

Hoth shield generator - 5:1

75331 is Jabba’s palace - 5:1

Geonosis duel (Dooku vs Yoda) - 5.5:1 

Endor Speeder Bikes - 5.5:1

Jedi Starfighter - 6:1

Mando themed rerelease XWing - 6:1

TIE Advanced - 6:1

75331 is Battle of Endor - 6:1

C-3PO in advent calendar - 6:1

3 Kenobi sets - 7:1

Jango Slave I in advent calendar - 7:1

Jedi Interceptor - 8:1

3 Andor sets - 8:1

Rey in advent calendar - 8:1

TIE Interceptor - 9:1

TIE Bomber - 9:1

Phase I clone helmet - 9:1

Obi-Wan Kenobi in advent calendar - 9:1

More than 3 Kenobi sets - 10:1

More than 3 Andor sets - 10.5:1

Kylo Ren in advent calendar - 11:1

Cassian Andor in advent calendar - 12:1

Mythrol speeder - 12:1

75331 is Yavin 4 - 12:1

Jango Fett helmet - 15:1

AT-TE - 15:1

Count Dooku in advent calendar - 15:1

Phase II clone helmet - 16:1

Podracers - 17:1

Clone wars Y-Wing - 20:1

Jango Fett’s Slave I - 20:1

Anakin’s airspeeder - 20:1

Millennium Falcon - 22:1

Luke’s landspeeder 25:1

Podracer - 25:1

Anakin in advent calendar - 25:1

UCS C-3PO - 30:1

Cobb Vanth speeder - 35:1

Zam’s airspeeder - 40:1

Republic Gunship - 45:1

K-2SO in advent calendar - 55:1

75331 is Jedi temple - 60:1

Geonosis arena - 75:1

Any sequel set - 75:1

Anakin speeder vs Zam speeder rerelease - 80:1

Naboo flash speeder - 80:1

Playscale Venator - 99:1

Finch Dallow in advent calendar - 100:1

75331 is MBS Geonosis arena - 120:1

AT-TE and Gunship on shelves at same time - 150:1

75331 is Modular Coruscant - 200:1

75331 is UCS Venator - 250:1

Naboo royal starship - 250:1

Phase II Cody appearing in any set - 500:1

Disappointment - guaranteed

Love your odds, I'll take Genosian Arena at 75:1 🤣

37 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Is this taking into account the reported dark trooper helmet? (75343)

I'm talking about the ones which we don't know anything about.

There are also two TBoBF sets, Dark Trooper set, three helmets, Trench Run, Dagobah, UCS Landspeeder and Garbage Compactor (set number still unknown).

Guys, this has turned into a full on wishlist-ing session. Use the appropriate threads for that, not this one.

11 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

A) Sell well at $500+

At least 2 others would easily meet your criteria: 

1) Death Star

2) Jabba's Palace and/or Sail Barge

Yavin, IMO, is never going to happen as a UCS/MBS set. It would end up like the Attack on Hoth set and just be a collection of random components that should really be separate sets.