MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

When we will know the list of summer sets? 

I’m probably not the best to answer this, but usually mid Jan, early February we will have a concrete list. 

6 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

my guess is 4-6 months at least before we know anything with any sort of confidence

19 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Next year, but it depends if you mean just the set numbers, or descriptions / set names.

Set numbers usually pop out rather soon, for descriptions we have to wait a little more.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nothing big, but thanks to Stone Wars we know that both 75339 and 75342 are coming out in May (prices and puece counts still unknown).

One of them definitely has to be the Garbage Compactor diorama, wonder what the other one could be...

Are you sure about those numbers? I am pretty sure 75329 is garbage compactor with 666 pieces.

58 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Are you sure about those numbers? I am pretty sure 75329 is garbage compactor with 666 pieces.

At first we all thought so, but later it turned out that this set number is actually the Trench Run diorama set.

Garbage Compactor is still coming, but we don't know the set number, nor the price and piece count.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nothing big, but thanks to Stone Wars we know that both 75339 and 75342 are coming out in May (prices and puece counts still unknown).

One of them definitely has to be the Garbage Compactor diorama, wonder what the other one could be...

Could those be the helmet sets or are those set #'s already known?

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Next year, but it depends if you mean just the set numbers, or descriptions / set names.

Set numbers usually pop out rather soon, for descriptions we have to wait a little more.

Set numbers and prices are already known (to some) through the end of next year. I think the people "in the know" have held off publishing them because early information tends to be less accurate and more subject to change, and no one wants to become the guy who posted incorrect information (see: Clone Accessory Pack).

And there is an upside to waiting... until all of the set names are known, posting a list of set numbers/prices just makes it that much easier for trolls to dream up plausible-but-fake set lists, which just cause all sorts of confusion... Last year it took forever for the set numbers to go public, and I think because of it, we didn't see the fakes that were so common in previous years.

57 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Set numbers and prices are already known (to some) through the end of next year. I think the people "in the know" have held off publishing them because early information tends to be less accurate and more subject to change, and no one wants to become the guy who posted incorrect information (see: Clone Accessory Pack).

And there is an upside to waiting... until all of the set names are known, posting a list of set numbers/prices just makes it that much easier for trolls to dream up plausible-but-fake set lists, which just cause all sorts of confusion... Last year it took forever for the set numbers to go public, and I think because of it, we didn't see the fakes that were so common in previous years.

Well obviously some people know it.

I was talking about when it will leak for regular folks. 

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

75331 will be a $350 D2C set, according to the latest rumours :thumbup: If the pattern holds, this should be a MBS set

Hope they surprise us with this one :blush:

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well obviously some people know it.

I was talking about when it will leak for regular folks. 

No need to be rude. I was just trying to explain why it maybe hasn’t been published yet, or might take a bit longer to public this year. 

22 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Geonosis please 

That'd be FANTASTIC. 

I'd even take a Senate Chambers or a Endor Moon one. 

2 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

That'd be FANTASTIC. 

Endor would depend on how it looks if I would pick it up. I'm sure no matter what, it will look good. Just a question of what it is now...

34 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

That'd be FANTASTIC. 

I’m expecting Yavin, but I’d really like Geonosis, too.

They’ve tried to make Yavin before, they ‘just’ did Fleet Troopers, Bail, Dodanna, it appears on Rogue One, Rebels, AND /could/ appear in Andor. Aside from Jabba’s (‘controversial’ + Tatooine is already on shelves), it’s the only major OT location not already done that could justify a MBS. Dagobah + Luke’s homestead seem too small for $350.

Not the time for ST (Starkiller Base?). PT has lots of locations but not too many have a lot of screentime AND action: Naboo (Theed, Gungan city), Tatooine (Mos Espa / Podrace), Coruscant (Jedi Temple, Senate or [under]cityscape), Kamino, Kashyyyk, Utapau, Mustafar.

The only ‘must dos’ are Geonosis and the Jedi Temple. But if I were TLG, I’d see how Geonosis sells & decide on how big to go w/ the Temple afterwards. 

Besides those, with MBS being every other year, TLG has no reason not to just cycle back to Endor, Hoth, Cloud City, etc. I just hope that we’re not already there.

Edited by Pedilego

And here we have the summer set list, courtesy of promobricks (numbers and prices only):

• 75323: $159.99
  • 75331: $529.99
  • 75332: $29.99
  • 75333: $29.99
  • 75334: $49.99
  • 75335: $99.99
  • 75336: $99.99
  • 75337: $139.99
  • 75338: $69.99
  • 75339: $?
  • 75340: $44.99 (advent calendar?)
  • 75342: $39.99
  • 75343: $59.99

Quite an impressive amount of sets *oh2*

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And here we have the summer set list, courtesy of promobricks (numbers and prices only):

Not really following the usual pricing structure this year, are they? The usual cycle of intrigue, excitement, and disappointment 

Jabba's Sail Barge and a skiff would be an excellent MBS option, IMO. Or his temple. Yavin sounds great in theory, but I just don't think it would sell well at all because an practice, the set would probably be pretty bland.

Geonosis arena could be good, depending on how they focus it.

I would also love a large pod race set with multiple pod racers, a droid pit, and maybe a small section of arena or commentator's booth. I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm on my knees begging that 75331 is an absolutely massive MBS Endor with the bunker, village AT-ST, and all the Ewoks. Also since 75331 is the only set over $200 (save 75339) I think that means we only get 2 UCS/MBS sets in 2022(if the Landspeeder rumor is true). 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:42 AM, ArrowBricks said:

The inclusion of a Commander - and the set itself - makes me think we are getting an AT TE and Gunship. This is perfect to fill these sets up with, and allows them to include different figures than shiny clones in them. The inclusion of a Commander could well double as a Pilot too, which they said after all. The Gunship usually only includes one pilot and the AT TE does not have a driver at all in previous sets. Just some musings of mine. 

My thoughts, too! It seems like a perfect year to release another AT-TE and minifig scale Gunship. I wonder how releasing another Gunship would affect the sales of the UCS version, though.

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Please, please let one of these be a new Zam's Speeder chase set. That's a bit of a holy grail for me, and I'd be thrilled to see what LEGO can do with it so many years after its initial release. I am really excited to see what the $529 set is. MBS Endor would be great.

The timing of this information is perfect with today's discussion about when we'll start seeing Summer leaks :laugh_hard:

That's a lot of sets, so that's cool I guess. Wonder if some of these are for Obi-Wan Kenobi or Andor.

$530?? Yeah, I’m going to update my speculation. IF $530 MBS is legit, I’m saying ROTJ: either Jabba’s Palace + Barge or Endor Bunker + Village. No way they go PT at that price point (but it’d make for a nice Jedi Temple…).

I really hope 75335 and 75336 are the gunship and atte, I think a gunship would work really well with the whole downscaling trend

Not all of these necessarily have to be 2HY releases I've just noticed :classic: Two of the set numbers were part of a rumour the other day of additional sets in May (75339 and 75342). And I imagine some of them will be released in September, like the Mando Forge this year

Edited by BrickBob Studpants