MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

As for the Commander doubling for a pilot, I get your point, but seriously 'It's treason then.' :wink:

Hey, at least it's cheaper to get the gunship's second pilot now! :laugh:

I'm pleasantly surprised by what we've seen of the 1HY wave so far, mainly by the fact that the cheapest sets in the wave look so good (minus the microfighter, admittedly). I'll definitely be picking up the accessory packs and the battle pack.

1 minute ago, ForgedInLego said:

Is that console piece a new print in the clone trooper bp? it looks pretty cool

I think so, it looks like a neat print.

As great as the P1 Rex and Cody would have been, clearly that’s never what it was so we can’t say lego screwed us just because some info was mistaken. I don’t love the inclusion of the Commander as it cheapens the one in the Gunship. I also don’t need a crap ton of Commanders. But I love me some Shinies. Definitely wish it was just three Shinies. Either way, I’ll get a few of these. The Hoth one is nice too, I’ll probably get a couple 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Huh, the turrets in the Rebel Trooper pack use blasters for the „legs“ :laugh: Probably the first time a blaster piece has been repurposed like that

Both accessories sets are meh tbh. Rebels one is unnecessary and they should have just made a Rebel BP to oppose Snowtroopers one. Why lego didn't do this in the first place I don't understand. Clones set is meh too. Nothing special here, just P1 clones. Why no P2 clones to coincide with 501 BP and have a way to army build P2 clone army?

I'm probably gonna skip these for now, if we get aotc sets in the summer I'll pick up one or two.

If it was 3 shines, I'd feel different though

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Rebels one is unnecessary and they should have just made a Rebel BP to oppose Snowtroopers one. Why lego didn't do this in the first place I don't understand.

Have to agree on that one. The Rebel Troopers should have been in a regular BP, making way for something more unique for the accessory pack :shrug_oh_well: It is what it is though

Yeah, when I first saw the Hoth Rebels on Instagram I assumed it was a battle pack to mirror the Snowtrooper one. Splitting the Hoth factions into two different types of sets confuses me.

Hey look lego went above and beyond to respond to our desire for regular blasters in these packs! You can replace the stud shooters on 1.5 of the old BPs for each Hoth Accessory Pack you buy! At this rate in 5-10 years we'll get The Commander Cody Battle Pack, includes 10x Commander Cody.

For people that said this is not an army builder pack:

$60 spent on accessory pack = 8 army building clones and 4 commanders 
$60 spent on dark trooper set = 6 army building dark troopers and 2 Luke Skywalker's
$60 spent on the old phase 1 clone BP = 8 army building clones, 4 ki-adi-mundi's and 4 Barriss Offee's

While you are stuck with a bunch of commanders cause you only need 1 per 9 troopers this is not a terrible value like some other stuff are. 

39 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The whole point of LAN, aside from LEGO hopefully getting some free publicity, is to shut leakers up. 

I accept that logic. LEGO bribes leakers with their own leaks and money that they don't get directly, then when they leak it to their friends it is lesser evil than them making a public video to everyone. LAN members trade growth from leaks to growth from early sets. This will just backfire imo. 

8 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

While you are stuck with a bunch of commanders cause you only need 1 per 9 troopers

You only need 1 per 2304 troopers.

Edited by Graupensuppe

I really like the Hoth accessory pack. Put a few of those with the AT-AT, AT-ST, Snowtrooper BP, and 20th anv. Snowspeeder, that'll be great! Not sold on the disconnected power packs for the blaster turrets. Wish they had some sort of hose. Also, while I like getting extra blasters on the feet, not sure I like the look...

Clone pack...I was more excited for a potential P1 Cody and Rex (though I know that was highly unlikely). Builds and grunt clones are good. Wish the Commander was a different rank, Lieutenant or something. 

Lets see how hard these are to acquire given the exclusivity...

Like the Ahsoka Brickheadz. Might be the first one I pick up. Feel attached since I voted for it, looks good and is #150. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

I'm honestly surprised at how well everyone is taking the fact that we aren't getting a Rex and Cody in the Clone pack.

I'm pretty disappointed, but I do like the pack for army building. At $15 it's like buying 3 CMFs, but you know what you're getting and you get some good side builds.

The Hoth one is a must buy if only for the shear amount of blasters!

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm honestly surprised at how well everyone is taking the fact that we aren't getting a Rex and Cody in the Clone pack.

I'm pretty disappointed, but I do like the pack for army building. At $15 it's like buying 3 CMFs, but you know what you're getting and you get some good side builds.

The Hoth one is a must buy if only for the shear amount of blasters!

That "blister" pack is now a "blaster" pack. 

I think I like the new Hoth rebels, they definitely regained some detail after loosing all leg printing in 2019, buuut I still think the 2016 era of details looked the most screen accurate the brown dark tan print seems jarring here. 

Edited by Archer

I like the Hoth rebels set. I do not like the Clone Commander, I prefer the 2013 design (yellow, silver visor, torso print).

3 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

I like the Hoth rebels set. I do not like the Clone Commander, I prefer the 2013 design (yellow, silver visor, torso print).

Ooh silver visor, good point. 

I think with the Ahsoka, I'll try putting her in the UCS Gunship just to see how silly it looks :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

There is a discussion on another forum about how including the same clone from the UCS gunship is a sign it isn't selling well...thoughts?

That seems kind of a stretch. The clone being exclusive to the UCS set made it more attractive to potential buyers. if it were selling poorly, LEGO wouldn't want to neuter part of its appeal.

4 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

There is a discussion on another forum about how including the same clone from the UCS gunship is a sign it isn't selling well...thoughts?

Nonsense. It’s just a small set, but it stills takes time to come up with the concept, design the builds & the boxart and getting everything ready for production. The time window since August is way too small for that, and you can’t properly judge the success of a set after only a few months either :tongue:

56 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm pretty disappointed, but I do like the pack for army building. 

Agreed. At this point, Rex and Cody seem like two of the more highly desired minifigures that Lego just never seems to get around to making. I have to admit I’m let down that it’s a generic army builder pack, but that does make infinitely more sense and will sell much better in the long run I’m sure. 

Overall 2022 looks to be off to a bit of a boring start, excited to see what March and beyond has in store. 

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

That seems kind of a stretch. The clone being exclusive to the UCS set made it more attractive to potential buyers. if it were selling poorly, LEGO wouldn't want to neuter part of its appeal.

You don't think they had thousands of those troopers already made and that drove the decision?  

Edited by lego the hutt

It’s very disappointing that Lego continue not to make Captain Rex and Commander Cody figures even when they know the demand for Clone Wars sets. I was okay with phase 1 since we would finally get those characters but guess not.

18 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

You don't think they had thousands of those troopers already made and that drove the decision?  

The sales volume of a $350 set is probably a fraction of what a $15 set will sell... so, no, this doesn't make sense as a motivation for including it in the accessory pack. If they made enough of that minifig to use in both the UCS Gunship and the clone accessory pack, then they did so deliberately, knowing upfront that he would be included in both. And as BrickBob said, this accessory pack was designed and put into production before the Gunship was even on shelves.

Edited by jdubbs

Animated clone trooper version in an EPII set... :ugh: 

And why on earth would they think is a good idea to use a clone commander as part of an army buidling pack. For evey 10 regular clones you end up with 5 commanders. :facepalm:
At least they could have gone with a sergeant or a lieutenant.

Again the OT sets are superior to the PT sets. :hmpf_bad:

14 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

It probably costs lego cents to make a trooper, its the tooling that drives up the cost, so I don't think they have stockpiles of commanders lying around, I think they want to get a little bit more use out of the printing setup