MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

That’s the same commander from the gunship, isn’t it?

These look awesome, I want to buy many of them but I doubt they’ll be easy to find in Australia  

Edited by Brikkyy13

£13.49 for the each - a tad expensive. 

Both are actually decent! Nice builds, even though small and lacking in piece count. 

The set descriptions emphasise ‘youngsters’ here, just an interesting note. 

UCS Gunship fans won’t be happy the Commander is here. Personally I like it, but that’s because I’m selfish. It’s a kick in the teeth, and justifies the anger from many about the ucs figures even further. 

I would say, that this pack implies, Atleast a few, Attack of the Clones sets in the summer. Fingers crossed!!

One commander for every two normal troopers... That's even worse than the one sergeant and one normal trooper in the 2013 battle pack, since a commander leads at least 256 times as many soldiers as a sergeant.

I also like the use of dark red 3x3 quarter circles as part of the command station. nice to get those shapes in a set under $50

6 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

While all your other points make sense and are well informed i have to disagree with this last one. There is a big difference between MandR leaking stuff from other sources while in LAN and current LAN members straight up leaking confidential images and information that LEGO gave them early for a review or whatever. Not all LAN members are doing it, but it has to be 2 people at least and it has been going on with HP stuff, Gunship, AT-AT and those are all sets well after MandR left.

Didn't say anything about MandR. He is hardly the only person to kicked from LAN.

This is why i was cynical with leakers, i heard weeks ago they were shinies and started preparing for army building even talked about it in which new sets you bought section when the news dropped about Cody and Rex and i didn't know which source to trust. Images didn't show a blue clone, set description and code name didn't say anything about Rex or Cody so idk how they assumed Rex is in it. I am really pissed, but whatever. 

Super glad for this accessory set and my army building can proceed, will either buy 4 packs and bricklink 1 trooper for a squad of 9 or try to get 18, 27 or 36. Don't know what to do with a ton of commanders.

May even get Ahsoka as my first brickhead, idk atm.

Wow that rebel pack is actually pretty cool just for the parts. It's amazing how Lego is spreading those rare and diverse face prints into so many sets!

(and if you complain about the accuracy: just put the 1000s of random white male heads onto figures instead).

Very relieved to see it's regular p1 troopers instead of Cody or Rex. Not excited about the price. But I will probably be buying p2 helmets to put on the regular troopers.

17 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

These look awesome, I want to buy many of them but I doubt they’ll be easy to find in Australia  

They'll only be available from the certified stores and from LEGO.com in all likelihood, so no discount is going to happen.

I certainly prefer the builds in these to the majority of battle packs tbh. They actually look like things from the films or games, and aren't oversized. But P1 Clones and Hoth troopers aren't something I'm looking to get, so that's me out. 

The wait for Rex continues! :tongue:

Edited by SEmrys

1 minute ago, SEmrys said:

I certainly prefer the builds in these to the majority of battle packs tbh. They actually look like things from the films or games, and aren't oversized. But P1 Clones and Both troopers aren't something I'm looking to get, so that's me out. 

The wait for Rex continues! :tongue:

However, the clone command post is undersized if we're going off AOTC. So is the P - tower.

So I'm guessing the 3 figure packs will be $15USD.

Interesting they don't have stud shooters, but the price increase of these things are insane.

The box art for the Clone Pack looks so clean. 

The inclusion of a Commander - and the set itself - makes me think we are getting an AT TE and Gunship. This is perfect to fill these sets up with, and allows them to include different figures than shiny clones in them. The inclusion of a Commander could well double as a Pilot too, which they said after all. The Gunship usually only includes one pilot and the AT TE does not have a driver at all in previous sets. Just some musings of mine. 

Those prints on the Hoth soldiers look nice. Not sold on the builds, they look a bit chibi, but not surprising for this type of pack. But with 9 weapons in the pack, a few printed tiles and some spare parts...only problem is the price of the brick going up and being a Lego store exclusive, no sweet 20% off sale to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

The inclusion of a Commander - and the set itself - makes me think we are getting an AT TE and Gunship. This is perfect to fill these sets up with, and allows them to include different figures than shiny clones in them. The inclusion of a Commander could well double as a Pilot too, which they said after all. The Gunship usually only includes one pilot and the AT TE does not have a driver at all in previous sets. Just some musings of mine. 

I hope this does mean at least one AotC set in the summer. Given the broad range of eras covered by the last couple of summer waves I'd be surprised if we got an AT-TE and a gunship, but I'd be happy with either. The last system gunship did come with a commander IIRC...

What annoys me about the Commander figure is that it is now not unique to the UCS Gunship. For some, the appeal of that set will now have been greatly diminished. And yes, there are people who will buy a UCS set for the figures, whether UCS sets are meant to be figure related or not. Sales will be lessened, to what degree I don't know, but I'm sure there will be some who might have got it who now won't. And the first UCS set Lego does this with? A prequel set. If Lego thought that desirable figures shouldn't be locked into expensive sets, then why don't they try doing that with some OT sets too. Sure the figures in the new UCS AT-AT aren't that unique and Veers from the system scale AT-AT can be easily changed to have the same legs, but you don't see that exclusive Snowtrooper commander print in the 'affordable' new Snowtrooper battlepack. An optimist would hope it might mean future figures won't be locked to UCS sets, but unfortunately having followed Lego's actions for a while now, I'm more cynical. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get another prequel UCS because of 'poor sales' of the gunship.

As for pack, I'm glad we're getting shinies, but goodness knows where that Rex and Cody rumour came from. 

Well, that was mildly surprising. The packs both look fine, but considering there are only three figs I really do wish they were cheaper. Maybe if they go on sale they'd be decent for army building.

4 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Is it fair that people were dumping their Cara Dune figures cause they knew she is in the set later that year?

People were dumping their Cara Dune figures because of the insane run-up on her on BL, etc. after Disney fired the actress who played her. That's just cashing in on an opportunity. Yes, she was listed in a rumored set description for the Light Cruiser, but everyone I talked to at the time was pretty iffy whether she would remain in it... pictures were still a long way off, and there was still plenty of time for LEGO to swap in a different fig (another Dark Trooper, for instance). Anyone with the Light Cruiser description (which was still a rumor at that point) who sold their Cara Dune knew it was entirely possible — even likely — she would never appear in a set again, no matter what that description said.

Is it fair that 1 person gets kicked out of LAN for leaks,

If you're referring to MandR again here, he is the not the only person to be kicked from LAN. And my understanding is that he was kicked for more than just posting leaks. 

The Brick Show gets their channel taken away for posting copyright images and now LAN members are doing it without consequences?

You're comparing apples to oranges here. LAN members aren't posting YouTube videos with copyrighted images; the BrickShow did (at least three times, to get their channel taken down by YouTube). 

The whole point of LAN, aside from LEGO hopefully getting some free publicity, is to shut leakers up. They offer up free sets for "review" and give them press releases and product images a week early as an incentive, but the constraint is that they cannot post or repost leaked images... which a lot of current/former LAN members were doing rampantly before they joined LAN, making those images much more prominent than when they were just posted on an obscure website or insta account. It's basically velvet handcuffs... 

8 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

The box art for the Clone Pack looks so clean. 

The pack sure does look nice and great to see some AOTC stiff. And I really hope would you've reasoned is true, but we always do this to ourselves and then ... the logical just doesn't happen. As for the Commander doubling for a pilot, I get your point, but seriously 'It's treason then.' :wink:

Anyone think the utility belt might improve the clones? I don’t know if it would work since I think they’ve already got them printed, but does anyone know?

Also, @BacktoBricks is this really the first? I think the Han Solo parts in slave one probably became pretty cheap after its release, even though it wasn’t the full thing.

Edited by Brickroll

Is that console piece a new print in the clone trooper bp? it looks pretty cool

I was one of the people hoping for an army builder, but as a ucs gunship owner, this just feels a little disappointing

The inclusion of 5 non stud shooter blasters is a huge plus though