MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"oh god oh no, the hoth soldier has a dark tan jacket instead of light tan, I'm going to personally fistfight Niels B Christiansen."

"Death by a floor full of Legos you can't see whilst bare foot."

23 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If I remember correctly, the guy had gotten a lot of stuff correct before and then just went completely silent forever after this turned out to be fake, and we never found out if he was fed false information, just had a string of correct guesses, or actually knew things and decided to make a BS List and leave.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The guy I believe you're thinking of (Sir Von Lego? Something like that...) wasn't the originator of the rumor, but he was someone well respected and in the know... people were constantly asking him to corroborate rumors, and I do remember he did eventually say "yes this is legit"... which it wasn't. I think he changed jobs or moved or something which either cut off his access to info or made it so that he could no longer share what he knew. No idea why he was wrong on that rumor... he might have just said "yes" to get people off his back, or he might not have been paying attention... maybe he got confused about what he was being asked to confirm... people did tend to swarm him with questions every time he surfaced. My gut tells me he was fairly legit before that.

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The guy I believe you're thinking of (Sir Von Lego? Something like that...) wasn't the originator of the rumor, but he was someone well respected and in the know... people were constantly asking him to corroborate rumors, and I do remember he did eventually say "yes this is legit"... which it wasn't. I think he changed jobs or moved or something which either cut off his access to info or made it so that he could no longer share what he knew. No idea why he was wrong on that rumor... he might have just said "yes" to get people off his back, or he might not have been paying attention... maybe he got confused about what he was being asked to confirm... people did tend to swarm him with questions every time he surfaced. My gut tells me he was fairly legit before that.

Wonder what the background is on sets getting canceled? Could this have been the case?

1 minute ago, Prometheus87 said:

Wonder what the background is on sets getting canceled? Could this have been the case?

LEGO usually cancels one or two SW sets each year for whatever reason. (There were 4-5 cancelled in 2020, which was uncommon.) When LEGO cancels a set, its set number dies, which is why you see skipped set numbers in Brickset, etc.

Those three 2018 sets were not cancelled; they were never real to begin with... 100% fake. The descriptions were full of very obvious wish-list "tells" (which clearly appealed to a lot of people...) The Snoke description was wrong about features, etc. in the eventual Snoke set, and the set numbers turned out to be different sets at different prices, which would never have happened if the sets had been cancelled or postponed. 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think he changed jobs or moved or something which either cut off his access to info or made it so that he could no longer share what he knew.

I thought he got sick of everyone pestering him for leaks so he turned around and said no more… or was that C4MSci? Not that it matters anymore.

You are absolutely right when you talk about a fake list being easy to spot from a mile away. It’s kinda funny how almost every person who tries to fake a list gets tripped up on the same things. For a while there we knew a list was fake because everyone kept putting the V-19 and resistance transport on their fakes. 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

few members in particular were known for widely distributing these images... at least, when they were still in LAN. 

While all your other points make sense and are well informed i have to disagree with this last one. There is a big difference between MandR leaking stuff from other sources while in LAN and current LAN members straight up leaking confidential images and information that LEGO gave them early for a review or whatever. Not all LAN members are doing it, but it has to be 2 people at least and it has been going on with HP stuff, Gunship, AT-AT and those are all sets well after MandR left.

If this is how people remember them, it’s no wonder a lot of leakers give up after a while. Sir von lego has provided as with correct intel for YEARS (he was basically what Falconfan, childish landino, azani, fulcrum & co are today) and all it takes to forever destroy his legacy is one fake list? Pretty harsh if you ask me :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

34 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

While all your other points make sense and are well informed i have to disagree with this last one. There is a big difference between MandR leaking stuff from other sources while in LAN and current LAN members straight up leaking confidential images and information that LEGO gave them early for a review or whatever. Not all LAN members are doing it, but it has to be 2 people at least and it has been going on with HP stuff, Gunship, AT-AT and those are all sets well after MandR left.

What does MandR have to do with this discussion? Things were leaking out of LAN long before his channel took off and they will continue to leak out of LAN long after his channel crashes and burns. 

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If this is how people remember them, it’s no wonder a lot of leakers give up after a while. Sir von lego has provided as with correct intel for YEARS (he was basically what Falconfan, childish landino, azani, fulcrum & co are today) and all it takes to forever destroy his legacy is one fake list? Pretty harsh if you ask me :tongue:

FWIW if SVL came back tomorrow and gave us info for the 2HY sets I’d still trust him. His legacy is good in my book, I don’t think the V-19 and Resistance Pod rumor originated from him and even if it did it was an isolated incident that became a pretty good joke with how prevalent the “rumor” was for the next 2 years.  

50 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What does MandR have to do with this discussion? Things were leaking out of LAN long before his channel took off and they will continue to leak out of LAN long after his channel crashes and burns. 

I thought he was blaming him when he said "when they were still in LAN.".
Things were leaking, but not from LAN members in this capacity till like a year ago. Is it fair towards you that i had 3 different people from 3 different communities telling me which figures are in UCS AT-AT week before even instagram leakers posted it? Is it fair that people were dumping their Cara Dune figures cause they knew she is in the set later that year? Is it fair that 1 person gets kicked out of LAN for leaks, The Brick Show gets their channel taken away for posting copyright images and now LAN members are doing it without consequences? Again, not all LAN members are doing it, but LEGO can give a certain information to certain members and pinpoint those who leak stuff, but they aren't doing it, they even let people like briq foundation to just photoshop confidential seal of a leaked set and use it as a thumbnail.

Clone accessory pack: Command station has fold up ramps and a stand with 2 blaster rifles. Clone commander has a blaster pistol and 2 clone troopers each have a blaster rifle. Set has 66 pieces.

Hoth accessory pack: includes a rotating laser cannon blaster and 2 tripod cannons. Each of the rebels has a blaster rifle. Set has 64 pieces.

21 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Set has 66 pieces.

:oh:

Sounds like it might be a repeat of the RG figure. 

5 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Guess no Rex and Cody for another couple years 👍

Sigh...

On the upside it looks like a couple more set names for 2022 have leaked: 40558 is 'Clone Trooper Command Station' and 40557 is 'Defense of Hoth'

3 minutes ago, AusChris said:

On the upside it looks like a couple more set names for 2022 have leaked: 40558 is 'Clone Trooper Command Station' and 40557 is 'Defense of Hoth'

Those are the names of the Minifigure Accessory packs, so they're not new unknown sets. :classic:

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Those are the names of the Minifigure Accessory packs, so they're not new unknown sets. :classic:

Well that makes perfect sense haha thanks for the clarification!

Man I really thought I’d wake up to some clone action. Bummer. Honestly I’m remaining skeptical about the rumor until it’s confirmed with pics. As far as I’m concerned I’m expecting Phase 1 shinies, maybe with a random commander or something 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Clone accessory pack: Command station has fold up ramps and a stand with 2 blaster rifles. Clone commander has a blaster pistol and 2 clone troopers each have a blaster rifle. Set has 66 pieces.

So, it isn’t actually confermed they are phase 1 clone troopers. As the rumor about Rex and Cody was wrong, it cannot be excluded that these are phase 2 clone troopers.

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pictures are out, it‘s a commander and two shinies :classic:

Honestly, Rex and Cody were too good to be true for TLG in 2022. At this rate, we'll probably have to wait till 2030 for either variation.

However, the two accessory packs look really cool if you disregard the rumors. I especially like the Hoth one though the female trooper looks identical to the AT-ST one so I wish they had chosen a different head. Also, Ahsoka's brickheadz looks great and will be my only day 1 purchase on Jan 1st. 

Well, the rumour was fake after all... can't be mad at the set itself tho.

I honestly like both of those sets. For a 15€ Accessory Set they look good enough. Still don't like the fact that they are basically smaller Battle Packs tho.

Both packs look very nice! The rebel one makes a nice complement to the battle pack, and again we get some more varied rebel troops.

Personally I would have preferred a captain or sergeant in the clone pack, but I can see the logic behind putting the commander in the cheapest SW set having been in one of the most expensive. No Rex or Cody but it's still a good pack IMO.

How are these distributed? I understand they'll be in LEGO brand stores, will they also be available on S@H?