MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I think the most interesting thing about this rumor is some of the reactions to it. I'd say any new Cody and Rex figures are better than none, even if a lot of us may have been desiring the Phase 2 versions over the Phase 1 armor. If anything, Lego could probably just reuse the torso and legs for Phase Two versions, even if that may not be the most accurate, in a set where they could actually give them new Phase Two helmet molds. Oh well, Star Wars fans are going to do what Star Wars fans do. (Overreact.) :shrug_oh_well:

Is the Razor Crest Microfighter still coming on January 1st? I'm amazed that we're very nearly a month out from January 1st and we've yet to see so many sets from most themes. I guess Lego really did cut off the leaks. I wonder if some of the shipping delays may have something to do with them holding off on reveals as well?

Edited by The Stud

According to brickfanatics, there are two more sets released in either May or June, 75339 and 75342 :thumbup: One of them pretty much has to be the Trash Compactor

Just popping in to say that as someone who didn't get them originally, I am excited for P1 Rex and Cody. It does seem weird that they're being put in an accessory set and not a standard set, but I guess I can't complain.

Regarding the possible inclusion of phase 1 Rex and Cody in an accessory pack: I think it could be a nice thing.
I assume they will be updated versions and as such will look much closer to their source material.
Heck, if they look more like the movie versions than the TCW versions, then I'd love to have that Cody.
There's an image on Wookieepedia somewhere showing Cody with a more movie-style armor and I think that looks amazing :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

@ArrowBricks I’ll just say this in response to what you were saying in addition to what I said before. I hear you. Phase II versions of these characters, particularly Cody since he has never been made in Phase II before, have been more vocally requested than Phase I versions. And I may not have said it on the forum but I’ve actually been hoping for a long time that they remake the Phase I versions of these two before they make Phase II. So I don’t think it’s correct to say nobody wanted or asked for this. I also genuinely believe they will make Phase II versions soon enough. They know the demand. Phase II are more likely to appear in sets since they need a new helmet mold. I do think it will happen. And this way we’ll get remakes of both. I’ve seen people argue on here that this means they won’t make P2 versions and I just don’t see that as true at all. It’s bound to happen. I’m sorry you’re so upset about the P1 versions in the figure pack but I really think it’s a good sign of things to come. I don’t see it as a middle finger to fans, I see it as “look we hear you, here’s a taste, a token of good will”

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Things really caught on fire here didn't they...

I'm happy to get P1 Rex and Cody, it's been 10 years since we got both of them and those were heavily stylized versions that are very outdated now. Honestly I did want them (like actually wanted them, not the "oh they're bringing them back that's cool" way) but I never expected Lego to go back and remake them. Between this and Anakin's Starfighter from 2018 it's nice to see that Lego is still willing to make things from the earlier seasons of TCW from time to time. If we keep getting accessory packs I think this bodes pretty well for them.

Funny that we're getting minifigs of two popular Clone Wars characters in a cheap set with variants that haven't been made in a decade and people are still complaining that Lego is clueless and hates the fans. You really can't please Lego Star Wars fans, can you?

7 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'm happy to get P1 Rex and Cody, it's been 10 years since we got both of them and those were heavily stylized versions that are very outdated now. Honestly I did want them (like actually wanted them, not the "oh they're bringing them back that's cool" way) but I never expected Lego to go back and remake them. Between this and Anakin's Starfighter from 2018 it's nice to see that Lego is still willing to make things from the earlier seasons of TCW from time to time. If we keep getting accessory packs I think this bodes pretty well for them.

Funny that we're getting minifigs of two popular Clone Wars characters in a cheap set with variants that haven't been made in a decade and people are still complaining that Lego is clueless and hates the fans. You really can't please Lego Star Wars fans, can you?

Guess not. Phase II always had the highest chance of being remade since they are the most relevant, I would say. But with Phase 1 being remade first, I think the chances of having both happen are high. I’m not seeing why people are refusing to see that. They aren’t mutually exclusive. Both can happen

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Guess not. Phase II always had the highest chance of being remade since they are the most relevant, I would say. But with Phase 1 being remade first, I think the chances of having both happen are high. I’m not seeing why people are refusing to see that. They aren’t mutually exclusive. Both can happen

Because with Lego Star Wars fans, “x” being made automatically means “y” won’t be made.

17 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Couldn’t have said it better. I never would have thought that we’d get new Phase 1 Cody and Rex. If Lego are willing to revisit the old Clone Wars seasons, hopefully they’re willing to revisit Rebels someday. :pir-cry_sad:

Just now, The Stud said:

Because with Lego Star Wars fans, “x” being made automatically means “y” won’t be made.

Couldn’t have said it better. I never would have thought that we’d get new Phase 1 Cody and Rex. If Lego are willing to revisit the old Clone Wars seasons, hopefully they’re willing to revisit Rebels someday. :pir-cry_sad:

I’m gonna say it now so that nobody can say later we didn’t ask for it. Lego can we please get more Rebels sets???

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m gonna say it now so that nobody can say later we didn’t ask for it. Lego can we please get more Rebels sets???

Seventh Sister or bust :grin: And Rukh perhaps. And a TIE Defender. Pretty please

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes please. A new Ghost with the crew in their Season 3/4 outfits would be enough for me, though I have plenty of other ideas that I listed in the Wishlist thread.

I’m honestly really happy to be getting a Phase 1 Cody and Rex. It’s been 11(?) years since they last appeared so it’ll be nice to have them again.

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Seventh Sister or bust :grin: And Rukh perhaps. And a TIE Defender. Pretty please

I'd like to think Thrawn would be a likely candidate, assuming he doesn't show up in future content.

Interesting that there are two more sets to come in May... I think it's safe to assume one could be the trash compactor (possibly a May the Fourth release?), but curious to see what the other will be. This staggered release schedule is odd though.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nope, not a single of these accessory packs has ever introduced a new mould :classic: The only exclusive aspects are prints and newly coloured parts in some cases, which is the main reason I’d never want them to replace battlepacks (the other being limited availability)

That's my mistake then. I was under the impression accessory packs included new molds but I guess Lego is really pinching pennies nowadays. 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

We are now getting minifig-centric sets at three different price points and shapes/sizes... these $15 accessory packs, the $20 traditional battle packs, and $30 super-battle packs (501st, Luke v. Dark Troopers, perhaps more to come). Those are filling three distinct needs... named/unique characters in one type of set (for those who welcomed figs like Ki-Adi Mundi but didn't want to end up with a dozen of him), massable characters in another, and in the last: small-to-mid-sized builds that wouldn't otherwise warrant a set on their own, packed with more figs than we usually get at this price point (within the SW line, anyway). This seems like an "everybody wins" situation, not the reverse.

It bears repeating... have a little faith that LEGO is listening and that you'll get some (admittedly, not all) of the things you want, with a little patience. 

I think you've put the situation really well but IMO the new setup seems to just eek out as many dollars as possible from consumers.

The increased price of regular BP's with no added value (even with inflation) is insane but would be ok if accessory packs took the place of army builders. The fact that they don't means the price of army building has gone up 33% with no new alternative. I've said it before in this forum but the 501st BP being $30 was TLG taking advantage of established demand (which is fair) and their way of changing the status quo for army-building and BPs. It's an incredible marketing maneuver and I commend their marketing team for turning what was a negative into a major positive and nearly doubling their profits. HOWEVER, what I don't get is why so many people in this forum are ok with the drastic increase in prices and religiously defend Lego and their decisions. Even with inflation, the price hike is insane and so ant-consumer that the bootlicking doesn't make sense to me. Now I hope I don't sound too based when I say this but you do not have to religiously defend corporations for doing anti-consumer things cause 

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

I think fans are disappointed because instead of p2 variants we're getting p1 variants of two popular characters and we've also lost the only prequel (movie) set of the wave. In addition, we can't army build with the set anymore since there will be named characters and this confirms that BPs will be our only army builders and those are also more expensive. I'm still happy with the set but those are the reasons why people are still complaining. 

Edited by kidtheboss611
clarifying that I meant prequel movie sets not prequel era cause i know how we love to nitpick

4 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I think fans are disappointed because instead of p2 variants we're getting p1 variants of two popular characters and we've also lost the only prequel set of the wave. In addition, we can't army build with the set anymore since there will be named characters and this confirms that BPs will be our only army builders and those are also more expensive. I'm still happy with the set but those are the reasons why people are still complaining. 

I mean yeah, Phase 2 would've been nice, I hope we still get them eventually since Rex's current Phase 2 minifig is pretty bad and Cody's is nonexistent, but realistically that wasn't going to happen since we'd need at least one new helmet mold for that which doesn't happen in accessory packs as far as I'm aware. Is there that much disconnect between fans who want strictly PT vs. TCW sets, though?

Personally I'm glad that accessory packs aren't being used as army builders since we already have battle packs anyway (I'm with you on the price increase, though) and it gives us an opportunity to get characters who are less likely to appear in sets. Starting off with P1 Cody and Rex in one of the first accessory packs shows that there's a lot of opportunities here. Who knows, maybe this will finally end up being the answer to all the fans clamoring for an Aunt Beru minifig.

There's reasons to be disappointed and I'm not going to say anyone shouldn't be, but some people are acting like this is the end of the world when it really isn't. Now if we were getting an accessory pack with Luke, Obi-Wan, and 3PO instead, that might be a different story...

14 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Now if we were getting an accessory pack with Luke, Obi-Wan, and 3PO instead, that might be a different story...

No love for R2-D2? They're always forgetting to include him.

An actual middle finger to fans would be releasing figures like these as Comic Con exclusives or something. But releasing two extremely desirable figures in a $15 set? Nothing to complain about

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

@ArrowBricks I’ll just say this in response to what you were saying in addition to what I said before. I hear you. Phase II versions of these characters, particularly Cody since he has never been made in Phase II before, have been more vocally requested than Phase I versions. And I may not have said it on the forum but I’ve actually been hoping for a long time that they remake the Phase I versions of these two before they make Phase II. So I don’t think it’s correct to say nobody wanted or asked for this. I also genuinely believe they will make Phase II versions soon enough. They know the demand. Phase II are more likely to appear in sets since they need a new helmet mold. I do think it will happen. And this way we’ll get remakes of both. I’ve seen people argue on here that this means they won’t make P2 versions and I just don’t see that as true at all. It’s bound to happen. I’m sorry you’re so upset about the P1 versions in the figure pack but I really think it’s a good sign of things to come. I don’t see it as a middle finger to fans, I see it as “look we hear you, here’s a taste, a token of good will”

Appreciate this response. Thank you. Much better way of communicating it. 

Sorry to anyone I offended, I am passionate as you can tell! 

I seem to be in the somewhat minority - I am very glad many users here are happy with this minifigure pack. I hope it lives up to expectations, and as above states it is "a good sign of things to come". 

Sorry all once again. I appreciate communication and interaction that is respectful. My initial comment I felt was fine, but could have been better. The second, not so but to be honest it was warranted. Nice one, I look forward to seeing the pictures of these packs. 

Anyone reckon its a normal phase I clone, or a Commander/Captain as the third figure? - I would love the pack if it as Fox, won't lie. 

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

An actual middle finger to fans would be releasing figures like these as Comic Con exclusives or something. But releasing two extremely desirable figures in a $15 set? Nothing to complain about

yes, this is fair. I see this. Perhaps my view is actually the product of my surprise at the reaction from others, that is positivity towards the idea of Phase I troops. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Thank you all for turning a heated discussion back around to a civil one. I may be in the minority, but I really like it when Lego comes up with something random. I liked the Sandspeeder and loved the Galaxy's Edge ITS ship. It shows more creativity IMO than just designing another X-Wing.

7 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

P1 troopers are 100% less desirable to P2 variants I'd bet the house on that. Also, I don't know what you mean by "more likely that we get both in the near future" the fact that we're getting P1 variants means we probably won't see P2 Rex and Cody for another 2-3 years cause there's no way they let both versions be on shelves at the same time. That's probably another reason some fans will be upset about getting p1 versions. 

Having 2-3 X-Wings, 2-3 Landspeeders, etc. on the shelf at the same time seems like at least a partial counter to this argument.

20 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

The increased price of regular BP's with no added value (even with inflation) is insane but would be ok if accessory packs took the place of army builders. The fact that they don't means the price of army building has gone up 33% with no new alternative. I've said it before in this forum but the 501st BP being $30 was TLG taking advantage of established demand (which is fair) and their way of changing the status quo for army-building and BPs. It's an incredible marketing maneuver and I commend their marketing team for turning what was a negative into a major positive and nearly doubling their profits. HOWEVER, what I don't get is why so many people in this forum are ok with the drastic increase in prices and religiously defend Lego and their decisions. Even with inflation, the price hike is insane and so ant-consumer that the bootlicking doesn't make sense to me. Now I hope I don't sound too based when I say this but you do not have to religiously defend corporations for doing anti-consumer things cause

I agree that the 501st was a genius marketing move. But I don't think you can call it anti-consumer. Consumers are buying it. I think if it was a truly anti-consumer move you would have to point to consumers not buying it.

7 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

There's reasons to be disappointed and I'm not going to say anyone shouldn't be, but some people are acting like this is the end of the world when it really isn't. Now if we were getting an accessory pack with Luke, Obi-Wan, and 3PO instead, that might be a different story...

Excellent point.

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Just popping in to say that as someone who didn't get them originally, I am excited for P1 Rex and Cody. It does seem weird that they're being put in an accessory set and not a standard set, but I guess I can't complain.

I agree, I do have the old Cody, but it's gonna be good to hopefully get an orange visor, however, it will not satisfy my desire for the P2 versions whatsoever. Like, thanks LEGO, sick figures in a cheap set, just when are we gonna get the ones we were actually asking for?

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Thank you all for turning a heated discussion back around to a civil one. I may be in the minority, but I really like it when Lego comes up with something random. I liked the Sandspeeder and loved the Galaxy's Edge ITS ship. It shows more creativity IMO than just designing another X-Wing.

Having 2-3 X-Wings, 2-3 Landspeeders, etc. on the shelf at the same time seems like at least a partial counter to this argument.

I agree that the 501st was a genius marketing move. But I don't think you can call it anti-consumer. Consumers are buying it. I think if it was a truly anti-consumer move you would have to point to consumers not buying it.

Excellent point.

I'd argue the X-Wings are so popular and loved by TLG designers that they are open to making multiples from different eras but clones aren't. Therefore again IMO, the likelihood of us seeing both is low. 

Also, I don't think customers buying = pro-consumer. By campaigning so much for a set the demand was always gonna be there and it was going to sell out because of how popular the trooper and movement was.

Making the set $30 when the movement and demand were for a $15 BP is what makes it anti-consumer. Making the set double what it would have cost originally for the expressed purpose of taking advantage of that demand is both great marketing and bad for the consumer. 

16 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I'd argue the X-Wings are so popular and loved by TLG designers that they are open to making multiples from different eras but clones aren't. Therefore again IMO, the likelihood of us seeing both is low. 

I disagree, I think the likelihood of seeing Phase II soon as well is pretty high

A few quick things:
I'm not going to respond to the...uncivil comment that called a couple people stupid and, like, suggested I was batman or something at one point?, because we've moved back to civility, but I will just point out that it severely misinterpreted my points, which seemed fairly straightforward, such as taking my point that by the proposed metric of relevancy the OT wouldn't be relevant, so therefore that metric doesn't work, and saying that I was saying the OT wasn't relevant.

Also people seem to really be analyzing and going at my thread of comments about the things I don't like about lego. That was pretty much just there to show that I'm not "blindly defending lego" and do indeed point out when they do something dumb.

52 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I don't think lego designers are the ones choosing what sets are made. Might be wrong, but I think it's higher ups at lego and lucasfilm, not the designers themselves.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Alright, simply out curiosity, I have to ask—has Lego ever released a new mold for something while keeping the older one on the market? I’m wondering now since people have been bringing up how that would work for Cody and Rex and if they would really do that.