MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I am so split on this new information. I am glad we are getting the phase one versions of Rex and Cody, but at the same time i am disappointed cause most of us wanted phase two versions of them for a LONG time. I also only have 2 plain phase 1 clones so this not being an army builder is even a bigger let down. My 501st army is missing phase 2 captain Rex, but i am getting a phase 1 captain Rex that i have no army for. 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Nobody, literally nobody has asked for a Phase I Cody/Red. Nobody. 

Second, why are the Phase II versions relentlessly demanded? BECAUSE THEY ARE RELEVANT. S7 of the Clone Wars featured them both!!! The last time Phase I was relevant was S1-3 of the Clone Wars nearly 10 years ago! Heck, I get if they appeared in the films as they are more relevant than a tv show, especially Attack of the Clones which has its TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY. 

Third, these are minfigure packs. I will buy one to get these figures and that’s it! What a waste - I want to build my clone armies, which are what battle packs do! The fact these have replaced a potential clone battle pack this year is highly and unequivocally frustrating!!

Literally nothing new has to be done here. Nothing. They will have the leg printing, WHOOPY DO! 

Honestly, I can’t be in the minority!

How are people supporting such poor decision-making. Absolutely shocking. I swear people support Lego blindly. 

Addressing these points:

As for your argument that no one asked for them/wanted them, I think we can say that is definately false, no? From the last page alone there are quite a few posts on how happy people are to get these figs.

Relevance: I mean, p2 rex is still somewhat relevant, but a couple lines in a single episode of an animated series this'll release a year and a half out from isn't all that relevant. Plus, any non-bad batch prequel sets, most sequel sets, and a good number of OT sets aren't gonna be relevant in that respect, so I'm not sure this is the route you want to go down.

Minifigure packs: As others have said, these are definately not the battle pack replacements some of us (me included) originally thought they would be. The minifigure packs tend to have named characters rather than army-builders, or at most a mix of the two.

Nothing new: they're pretty much guranteed 3 new prints each (helmet, torso, legs), with a chance of new face prints. That's pretty big. Considering how they don't use the old CW style anymore and the huge printing detail increases of the past 10 years or so, they'll be big improvements over the original figures. 

"poor decision making": Is it, though? Minifigure packs rarely (actually I think never) have new molds, so we weren't gonna get the p2 versions of them in this pack. So it comes down to whether it'd have been better as a hard-to-army-build-army-builder (seriously, try to army-build the minifigure packs, it's much harder than BPs), or a minifigure pack with two of the most requested figures that haven't been released in  10 years and are unlikely to feature in a system set anytime soon. Pretty easy to tell which one will get more sales, and make most fans happier.

As for supporting lego blindly, I've written out my "all the things I think lego did wrong" list here before, and I'll do it again. I don't like being excessively negative; if lego does something dumb I'll call them out on it, but I'm not gonna complain about everything. Ok, list in the spoiler because it's long and off-topic-ish:

Spoiler

1. Microfighters are dumb. I don't know a single kid that likes them as smaller versions of the ship, they just want the figures, as do most adults. They should do small system scale builds alongside the figures, they'd be much better received and likely sell better too.

2. Some of their set choices do tend to boggle the mind. The non-canon clone battle packs of 2014/2015, the sandspeeder, the galaxy's edge ship (ok, that may have been pressure from disney tho). Much better options are availible.

3. They fixed this one, but the starfighters were getting prohibitively expensive. Nearing $100 for an x-wing is awful.

4. The battle packs are increasing in price well ahead of inflation.

5. The minifigure packs only having 3 figures when all the other themes, even other licensed and disney themes, have 4. I can't think of a reason for this besides price gouging unless the builds are SERIOUSLY good.

6. The lack of real jabba's palace/barge sets along with the lack of slave leia. This shouldn't be remotely controversial, but if they really have to omit the figure, just do a palace with Boushh leia or something. Now one of the most iconic locations is not being released. Even the new one is rumored to just be the throne room for boba.

7. The statues are a waste of a set spot. I get the helmets: those seem to sell well, look pretty cool, and are good enough designs to appeal to wider audiences. But the statues are usually kind of ugly, of niche enough characters to not have as much appeal, and I CONSTANTLY see them on sale.

8. Somewhat minor but the "boba fett's starship": c'mon, that's stupid.

9. My biggest gripe: EVERYTHING BIONICLE G2. They made weird sets, did almost no marketing, such disgustingly little lore that half the characters who get sets in the first wave DIDN'T EVEN GET NAMES when lore was one of people's favorite things about bionicle, had poor villians, teased a connection to g1 that never got explored, ended the theme before it's full 3 year run, never released a set of the main villain, and had that god-awful netflix miniseries. And now they don't think bionicle will sell well, so we'll likely not see a true G3 anytime soon.

Wow, that's a really nice surprise! 

It's definitely great that people will be able to get those demanded minifigures in such a cheap set, 11 years after their last appearance. 

Wow, such a weird choice on Legos part to make P1Rex and Cody instead of P2. It seems like they go out of their way to not make P2 versions of them.
Like we need just 1(!) new mold to make accurate P2 Rex and Cody! They make new molds all the time even for one off characters like Knights of Ren(c’mon they will never be released again) and refuse to make a useful new helmet for P2 Clones that will be reusable for a long time. Their logic just baffles me sometimes.

We have 501 bp on market with P2 clones and no way to get their captain to army build. Where’s LEGOs logic here?

Sure it’s nice to have any version of Rex and Cody, but majority of fans wanted P2 versions, and yet we don’t have them. Any reasonable person would have made those highly requested figures already and reaped big money on their sales.

3 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

Accessory packs are known to be chronically out of stock

Are they? Oh no, the figure choice will probably make this one even worse in that regard :laugh:

I can see how some people would see this as TLG megabloking it up again ("they gave us the wrong Rex and Cody etc"), but I'm quite excited by these two. Neither have been seen for well over a decade in LEGO form, and I think P1 Cody only ever appeared in one set (I remember him being in the TCW Gunship, correct me if I'm wrong). Getting an update on these two in one fell swoop would be nice.

IMO it also bodes well for future potential accessory packs. If LEGO are willing to put figures that, while popular, last appeared on screens a fair while ago, there's every chance we could see some more niche named characters return. Someone already suggested Fallen Order, Rebels or Rogue One could be two others. I won't get my hopes up but I think it's promising.

11 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Are they? Oh no, the figure choice will probably make this one even worse in that regard :laugh:

I can see how some people would see this as TLG megabloking it up again ("they gave us the wrong Rex and Cody etc"), but I'm quite excited by these two. Neither have been seen for well over a decade in LEGO form, and I think P1 Cody only ever appeared in one set (I remember him being in the TCW Gunship, correct me if I'm wrong). Getting an update on these two in one fell swoop would be nice.

IMO it also bodes well for future potential accessory packs. If LEGO are willing to put figures that, while popular, last appeared on screens a fair while ago, there's every chance we could see some more niche named characters return. Someone already suggested Fallen Order, Rebels or Rogue One could be two others. I won't get my hopes up but I think it's promising.

The spider man one 40454, has been out of stock all year long. Last month it was briefly available again for backorder with a estimate ship date of February or March. Cody was annoyingly exclusive with the gunship for three years until they put him in a small genosian starfighter set

Definitely, we could get some rare clones never seen before, some death troopers, or even imperial ground troops from solo (if they'd risk that :cry_happy:)

Edited by Bobbtom

Great to hear new figures of Rex and Cody are on the way. Phase II armor would have been nice but I have no doubt we'll see those versions show up in future sets eventually. The previous Phase I figures however are too stylized and pretty outdated so I'll gladly take modern updates of them both.

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Nobody, literally nobody has asked for a Phase I Cody/Red. Nobody. 

Second, why are the Phase II versions relentlessly demanded? BECAUSE THEY ARE RELEVANT. S7 of the Clone Wars featured them both!!! The last time Phase I was relevant was S1-3 of the Clone Wars nearly 10 years ago! Heck, I get if they appeared in the films as they are more relevant than a tv show, especially Attack of the Clones which has its TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY. 

Third, these are minfigure packs. I will buy one to get these figures and that’s it! What a waste - I want to build my clone armies, which are what battle packs do! The fact these have replaced a potential clone battle pack this year is highly and unequivocally frustrating!!

Literally nothing new has to be done here. Nothing. They will have the leg printing, WHOOPY DO! 

Honestly, I can’t be in the minority!

How are people supporting such poor decision-making. Absolutely shocking. I swear people support Lego blindly. 

What you've just said is not only ignorant, but it's also plain wrong in some places.

"Nobody, literally nobody has asked for a Phase I Cody/Red." You sure? Because just looking at the last 2 pages of this thread, I can see a lot of people being excited about getting those minifigures.

Your relevancy argument is possibly the dumbest out of all. A New Hope released 44 years ago. So it's even less relevant than Clone Wars S1-3, yet we are still getting sets for that movie. TRoS, The Mandalorian and The Bad Batch is the most relevant SW content, right? So should we just be getting sets for those?

Or no, perhaps your Battle Pack argument is even dumber - because this is not a Battle Pack. The Hoth Snowtrooper one is, but this one is an Accessory Pack. It includes 3-4 minifigs (usually all unique), and a small build.

"Literally nothing new has to be done here." Really? Because I'm pretty sure we're getting 6 new prints (2 helmets, 2 torsos and 2 legs), along with possibly new accessories. Why did we get updated Vader variants after 1999? Nothing new had to be done there, eh?

And yes, you are in the minority. This is quite the opposite of poor decision-making - giving demanded minifigures in a cheap set.

4 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

What are the set numbers for these packs?

40557 and 40558.

35 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow, such a weird choice on Legos part to make P1Rex and Cody instead of P2. It seems like they go out of their way to not make P2 versions of them.
Like we need just 1(!) new mold to make accurate P2 Rex and Cody! They make new molds all the time even for one off characters like Knights of Ren(c’mon they will never be released again) and refuse to make a useful new helmet for P2 Clones that will be reusable for a long time. Their logic just baffles me sometimes.

We have 501 bp on market with P2 clones and no way to get their captain to army build. Where’s LEGOs logic here?

Sure it’s nice to have any version of Rex and Cody, but majority of fans wanted P2 versions, and yet we don’t have them. Any reasonable person would have made those highly requested figures already and reaped big money on their sales.

To be fair Accessory Sets don't introduce new moulds, so it was either Phase I or nothing at all.

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I wonder if the Rebel Trooper pack includes anyone named (General Riekan or Hoth Han Solo would be my bets if it does).

I’m curious about that as well. Definitely a relief to hear that the accessory packs continue not to be BP replacements, in which case there should be at least one named character in this one as well. Riekan is a good suggestion :thumbup:

Zero guarantees the head prints are unique. Second, what new prints realistically will we get that warrants an updated version? 

Even if the head prints are the ones from the 501st battle pack it’s still an improvement. You’re a fool if you think that the figures are going to be the same as the ones released 10 years ago, and furthermore the old figures are worth a small fortune so getting new versions is great for all the people who missed out on the old ones… which I’m certain is a higher number of people than those who would boycott an accessory pack over the clones having the “wrong” helmets.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

P1 Rex, Cody, and a bit of some kind of command post sounds a lot like 'Rookies' from the first season of TCW. There aren't that many episodes with both Rex and Cody, so if the accessory pack is based on a specific source at all rather than a generic collection of figures, the third figure could be one of the other Rishi clones. Which might be just a shiny, of course...

The last clone probably is just a shiny… but if it is based on Rookies then it could easily be Fives :moar:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

1. Microfighters are dumb. I don't know a single kid that likes them as smaller versions of the ship, they just want the figures, as do most adults. They should do small system scale builds alongside the figures, they'd be much better received and likely sell better too.

2. Some of their set choices do tend to boggle the mind. The non-canon clone battle packs of 2014/2015, the sandspeeder, the galaxy's edge ship (ok, that may have been pressure from disney tho). Much better options are availible.

3. They fixed this one, but the starfighters were getting prohibitively expensive. Nearing $100 for an x-wing is awful.

4. The battle packs are increasing in price well ahead of inflation.

5. The minifigure packs only having 3 figures when all the other themes, even other licensed and disney themes, have 4. I can't think of a reason for this besides price gouging unless the builds are SERIOUSLY good.

6. The lack of real jabba's palace/barge sets along with the lack of slave leia. This shouldn't be remotely controversial, but if they really have to omit the figure, just do a palace with Boushh leia or something. Now one of the most iconic locations is not being released. Even the new one is rumored to just be the throne room for boba.

7. The statues are a waste of a set spot. I get the helmets: those seem to sell well, look pretty cool, and are good enough designs to appeal to wider audiences. But the statues are usually kind of ugly, of niche enough characters to not have as much appeal, and I CONSTANTLY see them on sale.

8. Somewhat minor but the "boba fett's starship": c'mon, that's stupid.

9. My biggest gripe: EVERYTHING BIONICLE G2. They made weird sets, did almost no marketing, such disgustingly little lore that half the characters who get sets in the first wave DIDN'T EVEN GET NAMES when lore was one of people's favorite things about bionicle, had poor villians, teased a connection to g1 that never got explored, ended the theme before it's full 3 year run, never released a set of the main villain, and had that god-awful netflix miniseries. And now they don't think bionicle will sell well, so we'll likely not see a true G3 anytime soon.

1. I kinda get why they exist, having a $16 millennium Falcon is great, but the out of proportion style sucks. Bring back the planet series please. 

2. I don’t mind some obscure stuff here and there, I certainly prefer galaxy’s edge sets over freemaker stuff. That said I despise galaxy’s edge on a whole so more things like the sandspeeder please

6. I think this is just because there’s been so much new content they haven’t gotten around to it. Im sure a real Jabba’s palace will come down the line. None of the bs mosque “controversy” was relevant in the first place so there’s really nothing stopping them from doing it. And there have been other slave Leia toys since the Disney buyout so the outfit isn’t completely taboo as some people seem to think

7. Hard disagree. D-O, maybe, but Yoda and the probe are great. UCS sets without busting the bank.

8. That’s on Disney, not LEGO. Everyone’s calling it starship now, and 40 years of toy sales tell us it’s not for recognisability reasons as some people would have us believe. Don’t let them try to tell you it’s not the Slave I, because the ship absolutely is the Slave I.

9. I feel your pain. BIONICLE deserved better.

4 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

8. That’s on Disney, not LEGO. Everyone’s calling it starship now, and 40 years of toy sales tell us it’s not for recognisability reasons as some people would have us believe. Don’t let them try to tell you it’s not the Slave I, because the ship absolutely is the Slave I.

Maybe Boba gives it a new name in the show? :tongue: I mean, a Boba show gets announced and suddenly they stop using the old name for merch… Correlation =/= causation, but it’s still interesting timing

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

2022 marks their 9th year (!), so something tells me they’re selling just fine :grin: I don’t think that a majority of kids only want them for the figures. How representative is your sample? :tongue:

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe Boba gives it a new name in the show? :tongue: I mean, a Boba show gets announced and suddenly they stop using the old name for merch… Correlation =/= causation, but it’s still interesting timing

Occam’s razor, and since Disney Star Wars has become entangled in politics I think entertaining any other explanations is a waste of time. 

Edited by Brikkyy13

After all these years of waiting, they give us a phase1 Cody and Rex...

very disappointed. 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m curious about that as well. Definitely a relief to hear that the accessory packs continue not to be BP replacements, in which case there should be at least one named character in this one as well. Riekan is a good suggestion :thumbup:

Maybe Bren Derlin?

I missed a whole lot but I think it's really cool we get Rex and Cody even if it's p1. I definitely would prefer p2 but getting two new figs is awesome as long as they are done right. If they don't have custom face prints I will be really disappointed but that's my only worry for this set. 

I don't understand why they would do p1 versions instead of p2 versions since there less popular/relevant to modern media, nor are they more requested (not to say they aren't requested but def not as much as p2). IMO the choice further exemplifies the feeling that Lego is taking half-measures instead of going all the way with their SW products, I know new molds are expensive but accessory packs are supposed to have new molds and pieces so it would be the perfect place to have p2 variants. 

Nevertheless, I'll buy one cause it's cooler than the other rumored stuff coming this year and I love Rex and Cody no matter their variant. 

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I definitely disagree with your assessment and I don’t think you speak for the majority of lego Star Wars fans with your opinion. Phase I Rex and Cody are just as desirable as Phase II to many people, myself included. They are very much due for an update. If you genuinely think that wanting updated versions of these figures after all this time is following lego blindly then I really think you might be the one that doesn’t have a clue. New and much better prints for the armor, legs, face, and helmets? Hell yeah! Sounds amazing, I genuinely can’t think how a fan of lego and Star Wars wouldn’t jump at the chance for that. Be patient. If this rumor is true then that proves that they are listening and they know how desirable these characters are. And to give them to us in such a cheap way? Yes please. They know people want Phase II. We’ll probably get Phase II versions before long. Phase II was always more likely than Phase I. This just means it’s more likely that we get both in the near future

P1 troopers are 100% less desirable to P2 variants I'd bet the house on that. Also, I don't know what you mean by "more likely that we get both in the near future" the fact that we're getting P1 variants means we probably won't see P2 Rex and Cody for another 2-3 years cause there's no way they let both versions be on shelves at the same time. That's probably another reason some fans will be upset about getting p1 versions. 

The only important question to me is if the new Rex' helmet will have the same "cartoonish" design close to the animated series as the ones from the 501 battle pack. I am fine with him being Phase 1, but without the grey cheeks they really wouldn't fit together. 

5 hours ago, wesker said:

Great to hear new figures of Rex and Cody are on the way. Phase II armor would have been nice but I have no doubt we'll see those versions show up in future sets eventually. The previous Phase I figures however are too stylized and pretty outdated so I'll gladly take modern updates of them both.

Agree with this. I have recently found a Republic Gunship (75021) for about €30 (!!!) without minifigs. I have some plain P1 clones, so this set is a nice addition. It also makes sense with the UCS version recently released. Yes, P2 clones are nicer, but P2 Cody and Rex can still come in future (more expensive) sets. Anyway, it’s a PT set, not OT. Only this should make several fans happy. 

Ok, a lot of personal attacks here. Let’s breakdown some stupid comments from folks on this page. @Mandalorianknight @Brikkyy13 @THELEGOBATMAN

Number One - I genuinely think this person does not have any idea. The Original Trilogy is not relevant…RIGHT, SURE. The main Star Wars films have been, and are always relevant. It explains why Star Wars has been so successful, and continues to be watched and have new media created for it. Batman, relevancy isn’t solely about when something is released you doughnut. Imagine suggesting the Clone Wars S 1-3 is more relevant than ANH. Now that, to borrow your term, is “dumb”. 

Number Two - Someone under the allusion he knows a lot, and often can be very very very condescending. The Bad Batch is the extension of the Clone Wars my friend, including a number of characters appearing in S7 (Bad Batch, Rex, Trace/Rafa, Tarkin etc). Moreover, Clone Wars sets appeared in the summer just gone. As far as I am aware nobody said the Clone Wars S7 was not relevant. 

Batman again, you seem to keep coming up (I wonder why…). At no point did I claim these are battle packs. I have simply said they have filled the void of battle packs, which for me is a waste. These minfigure packs, as many claim, limit new moulds that can be created. Personally, I am against this. I think Lego should strive to be including new moulds each year. Second, the Hoth battle pack certainly seems like an army-building pack, no? 

Poor decision making? YES, I stand by this. I am against less battle packs, in favour of more minfigures packs. I am against minfigures packs that are unnecessary because, by their very nature, are very limiting. Battle Packs on the other hand have an excellent track record with ‘new’ in every way possible, including MOULDS. It’s clear, the reason there is only one battle pack returning this year is because Lego wants to adopt these minfigure packs. Heck, let’s not even call out the three minfigures in these packs! How poor is that!!!

I will back down for the remaining ‘new’ arguments. Whilst I can now see why people would be happy with a new helmet and a coloured torso, (surely the legs and head won’t be new for a pack in this price point), personal taste this is not for me. 

The final point, genuinely makes some chuckle. A lot. “ArrowBricks people are happy about this, so it must mean they have been asking for Phase I Cody and Rex”. I didn’t ask for the Hoth AT-ST once, and I’m super happy with how that turned out. Equating desires with likes in this case is wrong, plain wrong. Honestly the most “dumb” of the lot. An alternative perspective just so I communicate my opinion correctly - if Lego released a Tie Bomber in the summer, many would say finally we have been asking for this for years! Hence, they appreciate its desirable and like the content of the set itself. 

To conclude. No I will not give Lego props for taking away battle packs as the main source for figures. No I will not be happy with Lego when they lazily released Phase 1 versions when the majority have wanted Phase II. These have not been desirable minfigures, people have reacted and gone “oh actually I don’t mind this”. That is fine, but stop claiming you’ve been asking for this. People’s standards are so low these days. Quite sad. 

Ohwell. Atleast we know many users here are extremely rude, and I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to some as communicating over the internet is difficult - I am sure my points got construed. Adios. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

1 hour ago, kidtheboss611 said:

[…] I know new molds are expensive but accessory packs are supposed to have new molds and pieces so it would be the perfect place to have p2 variants. 

Nope, not a single of these accessory packs has ever introduced a new mould :classic: The only exclusive aspects are prints and newly coloured parts in some cases, which is the main reason I’d never want them to replace battlepacks (the other being limited availability)

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I think the pack sounds good. Like most people I'd have preferred P2 versions of Rex and Cody, but I think we'll get them sooner rather than later, Andrew regardless accessory packs don't have new molds anyway. If they're doing this than Lego obviously knows the demand is there, so I imagine we'll probably see P2 versions in the coming years.

I have simply said they have filled the void of battle packs, which for me is a waste.

I'm not going to touch the rest of this conversation with a ten foot pole, but I think this comment is worth responding to... some folks here seem to think as you do, that these accessory packs cannot live side-by-side with traditional battle packs. This is just not the case, as we all know by now, having seen the January snow trooper battle pack.

I think maybe instead of seeing these as a replacement for BPs, or as spoiling chances of getting X, Y, or Z figures down the line, think of them as additive, which is surely how LEGO conceived them. One does not preclude the other.

We are now getting minifig-centric sets at three different price points and shapes/sizes... these $15 accessory packs, the $20 traditional battle packs, and $30 super-battle packs (501st, Luke v. Dark Troopers, perhaps more to come). Those are filling three distinct needs... named/unique characters in one type of set (for those who welcomed figs like Ki-Adi Mundi but didn't want to end up with a dozen of him), massable characters in another, and in the last: small-to-mid-sized builds that wouldn't otherwise warrant a set on their own, packed with more figs than we usually get at this price point (within the SW line, anyway). This seems like an "everybody wins" situation, not the reverse.

It bears repeating... have a little faith that LEGO is listening and that you'll get some (admittedly, not all) of the things you want, with a little patience. 

24 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I'm not going to touch the rest of this conversation with a ten foot pole, but I think this comment is worth responding to... some folks here seem to think as you do, that these accessory packs cannot live side-by-side with traditional battle packs. This is just not the case, as we all know by now, having seen the January snow trooper battle pack.

I think maybe instead of seeing these as a replacement for BPs, or as spoiling chances of getting X, Y, or Z figures down the line, think of them as additive, which is surely how LEGO conceived them. One does not preclude the other.

We are now getting minifig-centric sets at three different price points and shapes/sizes... these $15 accessory packs, the $20 traditional battle packs, and $30 super-battle packs (501st, Luke v. Dark Troopers, perhaps more to come). Those are filling three distinct needs... named/unique characters in one type of set (for those who welcomed figs like Ki-Adi Mundi but didn't want to end up with a dozen of him), massable characters in another, and in the last: small-to-mid-sized builds that wouldn't otherwise warrant a set on their own, packed with more figs than we usually get at this price point (within the SW line, anyway). This seems like an "everybody wins" situation, not the reverse.

It bears repeating... have a little faith that LEGO is listening and that you'll get some (admittedly, not all) of the things you want, with a little patience. 

I am inferring based on the pattern of battle packs released. In my mind, there is no surprise that these minfigure packs have come at a time when battle packs have either not beeb released, or only have one releasing. So I might be wrong, but can you blame people for inferring the minfigure packs will exist alongside battle packs, but in a sense replace them - from the perspective that we will get a smaller quantity of battle packs in the future. 

Sorry, I cannot seem to articulate my points very well these days. I could probably write above better, but I hope you get the gist. 

26 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

This is an excellent point, to be fair. 

In context of some parts of this thread this gif still seems relevant (Hi @Brickroll I've just figured out what your name & profile pic is :laugh:) - it has never stopped being relevant ever since more concrete info on the minifig packs started leaking 

Zki6LEk.gif

Joking aside I'll wait for official information on the minifig packs. I never expected them to be anything special so the leaks don't impact me as some other people - certainly not enough to argue over it