MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I've always liked the character design in the show, but the lego phase two version just wasn't it. Because of this, I put off getting a phase two rex until years later, luckily before the insane 2020 price hikes. I look forward to them remaking phase two rex

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sorry for the double post, but according to lego_fulcrum, two of the Clones will actually be Phase I Cody and Rex :oh3: Huh, so much for it being based on AOTC then :snicker: 

I feel a disturbance in the force

Hoooooly moly, that's incredible! Definately buying a copy of the set now.

This is making me want to replay LSW 3. I know many people will want p2 clones, but this is really pretty great too, especially if they have printed legs. I’m still curious what the third trooper—are we thinking just a generic clone, or something along the lines of a droid?

Edit
This does, however, make me think there is a much lower chance of AOTC anniversary sets next year. Although I was not too hyped since I didn’t expect it in the first place, it is my favorite of the prequels (I will die on this hill), so I suppose I just kind of got on the train.

Double Edit

Jeez p1 Rex is expensive on Bricklink

Edited by Brickroll

31 minutes ago, Gontron said:

Haha... oh the monkey's paw with that. I guess updated versions of them will be nice though I can already see them being impossible to get for the first few months. 

monkey-paw.gif

Wow! This is really exciting news personally. I missed out on most Clone Wars sets as a child, and Rex and Cody are two of my most sought after characters that I wish Lego would revisit. Naturally Phase 2 variants would be much cooler, but at least Phase 1 versions will allow for Rex’s rangefinder and Cody’s visor-thingy. As nuanced as Lego’s decision-making on new moulds is, it will always annoy me that they can’t bother to produce a new Phase 2 helmet that will have so much versatility and reusability in comparison to the one-off moulds we’ve seen.

Assuming this rumour is true, I just hope Lego don’t skimp on accurately coloured helmet attachments and a kama for Rex. Recent minifigures like Echo and the Snowtroopers probably mean the latter won’t happen though.

More than anything, I hope this portends us getting a properly done Phase 2 Rex and Cody in the near future. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

20 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Phase 1 Rex and Cody…

if this is true, I’m not giving Lego Star Wars any more money. They don’t have a clue. 

That’s a bit hyperbolic, don’t you think? They haven’t made either of these figures in well over ten years, and they were extremely stylized back then. Also, people have been talking nonstop about wanting new Rex/Cody figures for ever. Yeah, these aren’t Phase 2 but they would both need a new helmet mold which wouldn’t be released in a meager Accessory Set. Besides, these Phase One versions would make more sense along with the UCS Gunship which also means people don’t have to pay $350 to get these characters in that set!

I think this is great news. Lego is giving people more Clone Wars stuff, we’re getting two super desirable characters and it’s going to be in a super cheap set. I see this as an absolute win (if the rumor is indeed true).

28 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Phase 1 Rex and Cody…

if this is true, I’m not giving Lego Star Wars any more money. They don’t have a clue. 

I get where you're coming from. Would phase two versions be great? yes. Would a new phase two helmet with holes for accessories be even better? of course! But when it comes down to it, it's been like ten years since either of these figures in phase 1. A lot of collector's and kids don't have them or have to resort to pay ridiculous second hand prices for them. And even for those who do have them, getting new versions with updated printing is still fantastic

I'm honestly totally fine with getting the phase 1 variants. Not only do I somewhat prefer the phase 1 clone trooper armour, this seems to suggest the pack is specifically Clone Wars-themed, which is exactly what I want to see more of (though I can understand why that might not happen). The Mando fighter was my favourite Star Wars set this year for that reason. Phase 2 Cody would have been nice but it always seemed incredibly far fetched that a highly-demanded figure requiring a new mold would be included in a $15 Lego store exclusive accessory pack, when these types of sets have a history of not including new molds. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sorry for the double post, but according to lego_fulcrum, two of the Clones will actually be Phase I Cody and Rex :oh3: Huh, so much for it being based on AOTC then :snicker: 

I feel a disturbance in the force

This makes a lot more sense, actually.  A couple of people on EB that definitely have insider info have been sort of hinting at SOMETHING heavily desirable coming, and neither of the minifigure packs really fit the bill.  Like, they both seemed solid, but 3 P1 clones didn't necessarily scream "the set you've all been waiting for."  Plus, some of the descriptions have mentioned that they include named characters, which again, didn't fit with the info we got.  I wonder if the Rebel Trooper pack includes anyone named (General Riekan or Hoth Han Solo would be my bets if it does).

I guess this puts the kibosh on the AOTC speculation for the moment (though it's still certainly possible), but I'm stoked if that's true.  I think Fulcrum has been reliable in the past, if I'm not mistaken?

Edited by Kit Figsto

This seems more in line with what accessory packs from other themes have contained, and great to (hopefully) see remakes of a few characters that haven't been released in a long time. Now fingers crossed that between purchase limits (or lack of), store exclusives and limited release window this doesn't go all pear shaped and it's a free for all on the after market once again.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

This is making me want to replay LSW 3. I know many people will want p2 clones, but this is really pretty great too, especially if they have printed legs. I’m still curious what the third trooper—are we thinking just a generic clone, or something along the lines of a droid?

Edit
This does, however, make me think there is a much lower chance of AOTC anniversary sets next year. Although I was not too hyped since I didn’t expect it in the first place, it is my favorite of the prequels (I will die on this hill), so I suppose I just kind of got on the train.

They did say a p1 clone trooper, my guess is either a shiny or a specialized one (and now that I type that I realize it's just "any p1 clone"...)

I still wouldn't bet against it, just seems like the time for it to be cycled back too, though I wouldn't bet on it either.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*monkey paw*

Wasn't that in the lego special? Heard it was the "evil luke" story.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Phase 1 Rex and Cody…

Rex and Cody are super desirable figs in either phase. Redoing fan-favorite characters in a VERY cheap set despite them only appearing in animated series (aside from cody's minute or two in ROTS)? That's definately more than "a clue". I'm guessing they aren't P2 because they don't tend to have new molds in accessory packs and cody at least would require one.

19 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think Fulcrum has been reliable in the past, if I'm not mistaken?

Fulcrum, FalconFan, and Landino are THE GUYS for these, super reliable.

1 minute ago, MaximillianRebo said:

This seems more in line with what accessory packs from other themes have contained, and great to (hopefully) see remakes of a few characters that haven't been released in a long time. Now fingers crossed that between purchase limits (or lack of), store exclusives and limited release window this doesn't go all pear shaped and it's a free for all on the after market once again.

Better cross more than our fingers just in case :laugh:

Pricing contentions with Accessory Packs assuming the cost of old Battle Packs aside, something like this may be much needed for Lego Star Wars in the long run. As the years go by and the amount of content ramps up, Accessory Packs would be a nice way for Lego to cover less prominent media whilst trying to cover popular films and TV shows with normal System sets. Can you imagine a Fallen Order pack with Cal Kestis, a Purge Trooper, some third minifigure, and a buildable BD-1 and Zeffo Guardian? The possibilities are endless.

20 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

Better cross more than our fingers just in case :laugh:

Pricing contentions with Accessory Packs assuming the cost of old Battle Packs aside, something like this may be much needed for Lego Star Wars in the long run. As the years go by and the amount of content ramps up, Accessory Packs would be a nice way for Lego to cover less prominent media whilst trying to cover popular films and TV shows with normal System sets. Can you imagine a Fallen Order pack with Cal Kestis, a Purge Trooper, some third minifigure, and a buildable BD-1 and Zeffo Guardian? The possibilities are endless.

Ooh, that Fallen Order idea gets me excited. I want Lego stuff based on the game super badly.

I wonder if Lego may be doing these Accessory Sets to tie in with current UCS sets? These Phase One Clones would obviously go well with the Gunship (even if they’re not AOTC based) while the Hoth Rebels go with (or against, rather) the AT-AT, as well as the other new Hoth sets. Probably just a coincidence that I’m reading too much into, but that’s still pretty cool. These accessory sets definitely give me two more reasons to go to the Lego Store on January 1st (I already wanted to go for the new Modular and Ahsoka Brickhead.)

Edited by The Stud

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Phase 1 Rex and Cody…

I’m sorry, but Rex and Cody are two of the most requested figures of the last 10 years. Really seems like to me like they’re listening to the fans. 

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

That’s a bit hyperbolic, don’t you think? They haven’t made either of these figures in well over ten years, and they were extremely stylized back then. Also, people have been talking nonstop about wanting new Rex/Cody figures for ever. Yeah, these aren’t Phase 2 but they would both need a new helmet mold which wouldn’t be released in a meager Accessory Set. Besides, these Phase One versions would make more sense along with the UCS Gunship which also means people don’t have to pay $350 to get these characters in that set!

I think this is great news. Lego is giving people more Clone Wars stuff, we’re getting two super desirable characters and it’s going to be in a super cheap set. I see this as an absolute win (if the rumor is indeed true).

1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

I get where you're coming from. Would phase two versions be great? yes. Would a new phase two helmet with holes for accessories be even better? of course! But when it comes down to it, it's been like ten years since either of these figures in phase 1. A lot of collector's and kids don't have them or have to resort to pay ridiculous second hand prices for them. And even for those who do have them, getting new versions with updated printing is still fantastic

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They did say a p1 clone trooper, my guess is either a shiny or a specialized one (and now that I type that I realize it's just "any p1 clone"...)

I still wouldn't bet against it, just seems like the time for it to be cycled back too, though I wouldn't bet on it either.

Wasn't that in the lego special? Heard it was the "evil luke" story.

Rex and Cody are super desirable figs in either phase. Redoing fan-favorite characters in a VERY cheap set despite them only appearing in animated series (aside from cody's minute or two in ROTS)? That's definately more than "a clue". I'm guessing they aren't P2 because they don't tend to have new molds in accessory packs and cody at least would require one.

Fulcrum, FalconFan, and Landino are THE GUYS for these, super reliable.

43 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m sorry, but Rex and Cody are two of the most requested figures of the last 10 years. Really seems like to me like they’re listening to the fans. 

Nobody, literally nobody has asked for a Phase I Cody/Red. Nobody. 

Second, why are the Phase II versions relentlessly demanded? BECAUSE THEY ARE RELEVANT. S7 of the Clone Wars featured them both!!! The last time Phase I was relevant was S1-3 of the Clone Wars nearly 10 years ago! Heck, I get if they appeared in the films as they are more relevant than a tv show, especially Attack of the Clones which has its TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY. 

Third, these are minfigure packs. I will buy one to get these figures and that’s it! What a waste - I want to build my clone armies, which are what battle packs do! The fact these have replaced a potential clone battle pack this year is highly and unequivocally frustrating!!

Literally nothing new has to be done here. Nothing. They will have the leg printing, WHOOPY DO! 

Honestly, I can’t be in the minority!

How are people supporting such poor decision-making. Absolutely shocking. I swear people support Lego blindly. 

EDIT - sorry mods and posters I don’t want to remove the text above quoted that isn’t relevant - I will come back tomorrow. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

How are people supporting such poor decision-making. Absolutely shocking. I swear people support Lego blindly. 

It’s simple, I want Rex and Cody figures. Especially since these will almost certainly be done in a normal style without CW eyes, have realistic skin tones under the helmet and have new prints. The fact that these two characters are going to be available together and in a cheap set is icing on the cake. Would I have preferred phase 2? Absolutely. Would I have rather gotten 3 plain clone troopers instead of the 2 most popular named clones? Absolutely not. 

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It’s simple, I want Rex and Cody figures. Especially since these will almost certainly be done in a normal style without CW eyes, have realistic skin tones under the helmet and have new prints. The fact that these two characters are going to be available together and in a cheap set is icing on the cake. Would I have preferred phase 2? Absolutely. Would I have rather gotten 3 plain clone troopers instead of the 2 most popular named clones? Absolutely not. 

Zero guarantees the head prints are unique. Second, what new prints realistically will we get that warrants an updated version? 

17 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Second, why are the Phase II versions relentlessly demanded? BECAUSE THEY ARE RELEVANT. S7 of the Clone Wars featured them both!!! The last time Phase I was relevant was S1-3 of the Clone Wars nearly 10 years ago! Heck, I get if they appeared in the films as they are more relevant than a tv show, especially Attack of the Clones which has its TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY. 

Third, these are minfigure packs. I will buy one to get these figures and that’s it! What a waste - I want to build my clone armies, which are what battle packs do! The fact these have replaced a potential clone battle pack this year is highly and unequivocally frustrating!!

Literally nothing new has to be done here. Nothing. They will have the leg printing, WHOOPY DO! 

EDIT - sorry mods and posters I don’t want to remove the text above quoted that isn’t relevant - I will come back tomorrow. 

I definitely disagree with your assessment and I don’t think you speak for the majority of lego Star Wars fans with your opinion. Phase I Rex and Cody are just as desirable as Phase II to many people, myself included. They are very much due for an update. If you genuinely think that wanting updated versions of these figures after all this time is following lego blindly then I really think you might be the one that doesn’t have a clue. New and much better prints for the armor, legs, face, and helmets? Hell yeah! Sounds amazing, I genuinely can’t think how a fan of lego and Star Wars wouldn’t jump at the chance for that. Be patient. If this rumor is true then that proves that they are listening and they know how desirable these characters are. And to give them to us in such a cheap way? Yes please. They know people want Phase II. We’ll probably get Phase II versions before long. Phase II was always more likely than Phase I. This just means it’s more likely that we get both in the near future

P1 Rex, Cody, and a bit of some kind of command post sounds a lot like 'Rookies' from the first season of TCW. There aren't that many episodes with both Rex and Cody, so if the accessory pack is based on a specific source at all rather than a generic collection of figures, the third figure could be one of the other Rishi clones. Which might be just a shiny, of course...

37 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I want these... :tongue: hehe It's Dr. Nobody. 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Agreed. Getting two named clones is way better than getting 3 plain clones in accessory packs. Accessory packs are known to be chronically out of stock and having one be an army builder is just asking for a disaster. Having two named clones means that people are likely to buy just one or two instead of buying as many as they can to build an army. It is vastly better to have army builders widely available from all retailers in a system set.