MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

54 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's the hallway scene from The Mandalorian with Luke.

That... would be awesome.

1 hour ago, MayItBe said:

Would be based on Mandalorian series, or new Boba Fett? What do you think? 

Confirmed to be mandalorian hallway scene with Luke and 3x dark troopers.

1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

My monies on the Mandalorian series - as we have no idea what will show up in Boba Fett unless Lego has an inside track.

Lego-welcome to eurobricks, by the way-does have an inside track in that they are given concept art and whatnot to base tie-in sets off of, hence why there are often sets on shelves for films before they release (we do have a boba fett throne set coming in january or march), but in this case it is based off the mandalorian series.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Confirmed to be mandalorian hallway scene with Luke and 3x dark troopers.

Lego-welcome to eurobricks, by the way-does have an inside track in that they are given concept art and whatnot to base tie-in sets off of, hence why there are often sets on shelves for films before they release (we do have a boba fett throne set coming in january or march), but in this case it is based off the mandalorian series.

Lego-hai - and much thanks. I figured as much - but I won't pretend to know what goes on in the minds of the Lords of Lego corp. :)

So what's the breakdown of the Phase 1 troopers in the Accessory Pack? Logical choice would be Red Blue and Green - Captain, Lieutenant, and Sergeant - to fill in the missing ranks and save the plain Phase 1's for a theoretical battlepack later in the year. I could absolutely see a $20 battlepack with 3 plain Phase 1's and 1 Phase 1 pilot akin to the Snowtrooper pack that's imminent. 

37 minutes ago, Darth Caedus said:

So what's the breakdown of the Phase 1 troopers in the Accessory Pack?

That’s some wishful thinking right there. We won’t know for sure until January but if it’s anything other than 3 shinies we’ll be lucky. 

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's the hallway scene from The Mandalorian with Luke.

I've seen only season 1, that's explain a lot =D 

Master Jedi Luke minifig maybe? =d

1 hour ago, Darth Caedus said:

So what's the breakdown of the Phase 1 troopers in the Accessory Pack? Logical choice would be Red Blue and Green - Captain, Lieutenant, and Sergeant - to fill in the missing ranks

What do you mean by missing ranks? Phase 1 clones are probably the only army that has every rank for army building and you don't have to play pretend.
Squad of 9 is led by a sergeant- We got sergeant in a battle pack with droidekas 75000
4 of those squads are called a platoon and they are led by lieutenant which came out in a polybag and in a 75085 set
4 of those platoons led by a captain are called a company and this is where you can choose phase 1 captain Rex or a clone trooper captain from 75021 gunship set
4 of those companies led by a major and a clone commander are called a battallion and there are ton of phase 1 commanders from Fox, Cody, Gree, Wolffe, black kama version from the 8014 BP, yellow commander from AT-TE 75019 to the one from the UCS gunship. 

We have everything covered with phase 1 clones from a squad army building of 9 to a battallion of 662 and 99.99% (estimation and not a real calculation) of collectors won't even go past that mark with army building and even then not a lot of people care about accuracy and they just place all the clones they have on a baseplate and call it an army which is okay you can enjoy and build your army however you want.

22 minutes ago, LDigital said:

P1 clone from accessory pack image is out there

I think that's a fake/custom. Interestingly though, Lego Club News has commented on a photo on IG saying 'Fake ...I never said that they'll be plain white troopers.'

5 hours ago, Darth Caedus said:

So what's the breakdown of the Phase 1 troopers in the Accessory Pack? Logical choice would be Red Blue and Green - Captain, Lieutenant, and Sergeant - to fill in the missing ranks and save the plain Phase 1's for a theoretical battlepack later in the year. I could absolutely see a $20 battlepack with 3 plain Phase 1's and 1 Phase 1 pilot akin to the Snowtrooper pack that's imminent. 

Yeah won’t happen. Imo it should be three shinies and include the other clones for future AOTC sets. 

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think that's a fake/custom. Interestingly though, Lego Club News has commented on a photo on IG saying 'Fake ...I never said that they'll be plain white troopers.'

I’d definitely prefer ranked Clonetroopers over three shinies, which would be better served in a regular battlepack :thumbup: Still nothing new per se, but at least it’s better than three identical minifigs in an accessory pack :tongue:

Lego posted pictures of a fan-made TBOBF throne room set and looking at the pics I really hope they remake Boba's helmet with the new color. On a beige/sand background, the color mismatch from the jetpack and helmet to the armor is super noticeable and it's the first thing you can see. What are the odds they change it to the better color from years past? I can't remember a time they retroactively changed the color or part of fig but I was wondering if anyone has. 

Also, when did we start to see picture leaks last year cause I feel like the x-wing and tie from this year had already been leaked prior to last December, but I'm not sure. 

Edited by kidtheboss611

3 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Lego posted pictures of a fan-made TBOBF throne room set and looking at the pics I really hope they remake Boba's helmet with the new color. On a beige/sand background, the color mismatch from the jetpack and helmet to the armor is super noticeable and it's the first thing you can see. What are the odds they change it to the better color from years past? I can't remember a time they retroactively changed the color or part of fig but I was wondering if anyone has. 

Also, when did we start to see picture leaks last year cause I feel like the x-wing and tie from this year had already been leaked prior to last December, but I'm not sure. 

They did correct the Kannan Jarrus hair, which was a new mold for him (They originally packaged the Ghost with black hair). They also messed up the color of the mind stone on their original Vision (MCU) and made a new one 1year later with the corrected yellow stone on a nearly identical print.

Edited by Archer

I think the leaked P1 Clone is fake considering the reflections on the helmet are the same as the one taken in 2013. I'd love a pack of 3 different ranks with a proper 20$ follow up pack later this year or next, especially considering how expensive the Captain currently is.

11 minutes ago, Gontron said:

I think the leaked P1 Clone is fake considering the reflections on the helmet are the same as the one taken in 2013. I'd love a pack of 3 different ranks with a proper 20$ follow up pack later this year or next, especially considering how expensive the Captain currently is.

I don't think the image is supposed to be of the new clone, just a place holder, it's definitely the 2013 render.

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

The pictures of those two sets leaked at the beginning of October (thanks to someone taking pictures of the retailer catalogue) and were officially revealed around the end of November. The March sets (Imperial Shuttle, Hoth Microfighters, and 4+ X-Wing) were revealed through the consumer catalogue in early December :classic:

I think it was the digital version because the printed one usually doesn‘t start to appear in stores before January, so we should keep an eye out on the website :laugh:

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

1 hour ago, Archer said:

They did correct the Kannan Jarrus hair, which was a new mold for him (They originally packaged the Ghost with black hair). They also messed up the color of the mind stone on their original Vision (MCU) and made a new one 1year later with the corrected yellow stone on a nearly identical print.

They also changed a Minifigure in 75188 from 'Resistance Bomber Pilot' to Finch Dallow.

The only thing I'm not sure about regarding the upcoming reveals is Boba Fett's Throne Room because sets based on upcoming movies and shows are not always included in consumer catalogues :sceptic: The Jurassic World FK and Minions sets for instance - all released in April - were not featured in the 1HY catalogues in 2018 and 2020 respectively, while the Avengers AoU sets in 2015 were (and IW too, if I recall correctly). I think March releases tend to stand a better chance than April ones, but we shall see. What I fully expect the catalogue to reveal though is the Dark Trooper set, and maybe the helmets. I think the previous ones were included in some versions of the catalogues at least, correct?

Sorry for the double post, but according to lego_fulcrum, two of the Clones will actually be Phase I Cody and Rex :oh3: Huh, so much for it being based on AOTC then :snicker: 

I feel a disturbance in the force

Uhh that'd be a bit odd but my reaction is still positive. Both figures are popular and the second hand prices are insane right now. If cody and rex have the new 2020 armor design that's going to be a day one purchase for me. I know some people don't like the 2020 design for not being movie accurate, but imo it's the best version currently. From a design standpoint the armor design is crisp and assertive.

It would also be very consumer friendly to add popular characters into a relatively inexpensive set. It's distasteful when they put desirable and popular figures into expensive sets with no assurances that they will reappear in a more inexpensive set. (initial phase 1 rex and cody in 2008, and moff gideon, etc)

Edited by Bobbtom

I would be extremely happy with Phase I Cody and Rex. I’m sure Phase II will happen soon enough but I’m also sure even with Phase I people will throw their fits. Hopefully the helmet prints are more realistic in style and not animated looking

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sorry for the double post, but according to lego_fulcrum, two of the Clones will actually be Phase I Cody and Rex :oh3: Huh, so much for it being based on AOTC then :snicker: 

Haha... oh the monkey's paw with that. I guess updated versions of them will be nice though I can already see them being impossible to get for the first few months. 

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I feel a disturbance in the force

For someone who has neither figure, I am happy. I like P1 Rex better than P2 look (just my personal preference) but P2 Cody over P1. I'll excitedly take it if this is true! If not and it's other clones, still excited about that too. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

15 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

For someone who has neither figure, I am happy. I like P1 Rex better than P2 look (just my personal preference) but P2 Cody over P1. I'll excitedly take it if this is true! If not and it's other clones, still excited about that too. 

Gonna be honest here, even though I like phase 2 rex, the lego phase 2 rex's helmet is completely hideous. This is because phase 2 rex's helmet is a unique mix of the phase 1 and phase 2 helmet. However, lego just reused the standard phase 2 helmet instead of making a new mold, leading to it looking strange. Looking back, a new mold probably isn't necessary but maybe better printing so that it doesn't look so off

Edited by Bobbtom

Just now, Bobbtom said:

Gonna be honest here, even though I like phase 2 rex, the lego phase 2 rex's helmet is completely hideous. This is because phase 2 rex's helmet is a unique mix of the phase 1 and phase 2 helmet. However, lego just reused the standard phase 2 helmet instead of making a new mold, leading to it looking strange

Yes, that explains it! I have the Hot Toys Rex, it's amazing but LEGO's doesn't quite pull it off and puts me off it. I like the look in the show for sure.