MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

There's not supposed to be a difference - in the movies they are the same.

But they are different in the animated shows, and unfortunately that's what the 2020+ Lego torso print is based on.

I had never actually noticed that before, but from what I have gleaned from a quick Google search, there are three varieties of basic Clones: P1 with belt boxes on the sides, P2 with belt boxes on the sides, and P2 with belt boxes towards the front - The last of which is the closest to the movie design and what LEGO based the 2020+ torsos on, so I am fine with their being used for AoTC P1s. 

The most noticable differences are the shape of the lower edge of the breastplate (angular in the movies, round or in-between in TCW), the visible size of the stomach plate (large in TCW, small in the movies), and some of the smaller details (that are missing in TCW):

Yd08SVv.png

7 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Jango Fett Slave 1 - excuse me, Jango Fett's Starship - as part of the wave.

Correction: Boba fett's ones have always been called "Slave I" with Jango's being called "Jango Fett's Slave I". My theory is that because "Slave I" now = "Boba Fett's starship", if they make a new Jango Fett one, it will indeed be called "Jango Fett's Boba Fett's starship"

13 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

"Jango Fett's Boba Fett's starship"

Correction to your correction: "Kuat Drive Yards Firespray - Class Jango Fett's Boba Fett's Starship" because they have to generalize and fit the whole name onto the box so parents can get their kids what they want.

14 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

The most noticable differences are the shape of the lower edge of the breastplate (angular in the movies, round or in-between in TCW), the visible size of the stomach plate (large in TCW, small in the movies), and some of the smaller details (that are missing in TCW)

That's interesting - I never noticed a lot of this.

Edited by MAVERICK26
Factual errors

8 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I was hoping that too. I was also hoping to get some non-human civilians.

Yeah, I agree, kinda like the ones in the Cantina (but not the same ones, them being exclusive is good).

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

The most noticable differences are the shape of the lower edge of the breastplate (angular in the movies, round or in-between in TCW), the visible size of the stomach plate (large in TCW, small in the movies), and some of the smaller details (that are missing in TCW):

Great reference graph, interesting to see the progression in torso design. The same print is now used across all three though. It is used in three sets: Greivous starfighter (P2) Gunship (P1) and 501st (animated), though the graph does demonstrate the downsides of the approach.

Edited by Stuartn

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While more AOTC coverage would be nice, I'd rather they finally focus on scenes other than the Battle of Geonosis :tongue: It feels like TLG reduces the movie to that battle alone, similar to how TESB is dominated by Hoth sets with the very rare Dagobah or Bespin one 

There’s a reason that it’s most of the sets though: aside from the odd airspeeder chase (which would be nice) or Jango slave one (unlikely, since we just got boba’s version of the “prisoner with job”), there’s not much that would sell as well as a spider droid or AT-TE.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There’s a reason that it’s most of the sets though: aside from the odd airspeeder chase (which would be nice) or Jango slave one (unlikely, since we just got boba’s version of the “prisoner with job”), there’s not much that would sell as well as a spider droid or AT-TE.

An airspeeder chase remake is definitely overdue, as are Gunship/AT-TE remakes, but I do agree that there isn't a whole lot from that movie that's feasible.  There's about 8-10 sets from Geonosis, but...that's about it.  Obi-Wan's starfighter, Jango's Slave I, and the airspeeder chase are essentially it.  Technically the Royal Starship is in that movie (I think?) from the Tatooine parts, but it'd probably be an Episode I set if we ever got it.  Everything else is either not really popular enough to warrant an entire set, or doesn't really have any set potential (mostly Kamino, I'd love a set of it but I don't really see where any playability comes in, and it'd be difficult to scale it down to do a small $40-50 version).

The minifigure packs sound intriguing enough and I'm curious to see what they look like.  Based on some early descriptions we got of these a couple of months ago, it sounded like maybe one of the figures was to be a new/exclusive version, so I'm wondering if it isn't a situation where two figures are identical and the third is some sort of captain/general.  That would probably be annoying for army builders, but better for casual collectors.  If it were me, I'd leave the Clones as 3 identical P1 clones and the Rebels as 2 generic soldiers and 1 that's either a pilot or some sort of commander.

4 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I guess I'm a little confused as to the complaints about the prices. I mean yeah, prices going up is never a great thing but it's unrealistic to think it won't. Originally Battle Packs started at $9.99 in 2007. In 2008 it was bumped to $11.99. 2011 it was $12.99. It was like that till 2017 when it jumped to $14.99 and now finally in 2021 it is going to $19.99. These Accessory Sets prices make sense compared to Battle Packs that they seem to be making sure are separate from the accessory packs and all the current ones seem to have very detailed and new designs to the figures so I see no issues. *Cough* Wish they'd bring back the Taun-Taun mold *cough cough*

There hasn't been a uniform lego price increase across the board. E.g. The battlepack price has increased from 15 to 20, but the AT-ST from 2019 and the 2022 one both are $50. External factors usually do not directly lead to lego price increases for the consumer. Like many businesses, Lego consistently prices sets based on what they think the market will pay. Many different sets at various price points still yield the same value.  That's partly why smaller sets usually hover around 10c/piece when D2C are well below that and follow a different pricing scheme, sometimes even 5c or 6c a piece. For example, if a set like the home alone set follows the same pricing scheme as smaller sets then it would be at least $450+ at 10c/piece but it's not. It's $250 because that what the market research says people will pay

Regardless of this, as a consumer, unless you are a lego investor, you do no service to yourself to justify lego price increases. All you're doing is justifying lego taking more of your money. It is a strange thing that many people automatically think the consumer and not the corporations should bear the burden of price increases, whereas it be from inflation, supply issues or some other reason. Lego has made tremendous profit, more than ever before as of late. With those numbers, consumers should be asking corporations to absorb the costs of these increases rather than automatically accepting that it should be passed onto the consumer

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Fair point, but if they revisit AOTC those two should be near the top of the list :tongue: And Jango‘s and Boba‘s versions should be able to peacefully co-exist on shelves, happened before with other sets :shrug_oh_well:

By the way, we now have proper names for the March playsets, courtesy of @Childish_Landino

• 75324: Attack of the Dark Troopers
  • 75326: Boba Fett‘s Throne Room

I wouldn‘t expect a remake of Jabba‘s Palace based on that name :grin:

10 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I do hope they include a new Clone Pilot though to help make up that little blunder with the UCS Gunship.

No need, commander doubles as a pilot.

8 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Correction to your correction: "Firespray Industries Jango Fett's Boba Fett's Starship" because they have to generalize and fit the whole name onto the box so parents can get their kids what they want.

That's interesting - I never noticed a lot of this.

Correction to your Errant Correction:

Slave I was manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards/Engineering/Manufacturing (yep - the guys who make Star Destroyers) - not Firespray Industries (which I've never heard of)

Now the Ship is a Firespray Class Patrol Ship.

So if they are going to name different iterations - they could use the movie title or series title like = Slave I from "The Mandalorian"

Edited by Kage Goomba

I for one am thrilled that we finally get a Prequel set even if it's an overpriced accessory pack. If it's 3 plain p1's that's cool but if it's 3 different colored p1's then I think we've got an issue cause it wouldn't be great for army building. Also being a Lego exclusive sucks cause that means it will sell out the first week or so and then be missing in action forever. 

The price doesn't bother me as much cause I'll only get 2-3 to fill out my AT-TE but if they were to come out with more AOTC sets this year (fingers crossed) then I think the price won't matter and I'll just pull the trigger. Hopefully, if the pack sells well we'll get P2 SHINIES for the FIRST TIME SINCE 2015. 

4 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Correction to your Errant Correction:

Slave I was manufactured by Kuat Drive Yards/Engineering/Manufacturing (yep - the guys who make Star Destroyers) - not Firespray Industries (which I've never heard of)

Now the Ship is a Firespray Class Patrol Ship.

So if they are going to name different iterations - they could use the movie title or series title like = Slave I from "The Mandalorian"

Ah - My mistake. I guess I just got mixed up. Thanks for the info. I'll change that post.

Does anyone think we’ll get a Naboo Royal Starship? It did make the cover of the game in Lego form for the Skywalker Saga.  

I am hoping for Jango’s Slave 1 but I feel it’s a long shot.  

12 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The minifigure packs sound intriguing enough and I'm curious to see what they look like.  Based on some early descriptions we got of these a couple of months ago, it sounded like maybe one of the figures was to be a new/exclusive version, so I'm wondering if it isn't a situation where two figures are identical and the third is some sort of captain/general.  That would probably be annoying for army builders, but better for casual collectors.  If it were me, I'd leave the Clones as 3 identical P1 clones and the Rebels as 2 generic soldiers and 1 that's either a pilot or some sort of commander.

I'm glad the builds are canon, but honestly I'm struggling here to see the value. Compare it to other themes or even other disney-owned themes, and you get an extra fig with exclusive prints (falcon for marvel, and for other themes, many harry potter figs, knightmare batman, etc). Even if the clones have a new print for the helmet, and the hoth rebels have, like, more face prints or something, I can't see a reason for omitting a figure besides price gouging. Maybe the builds use more parts?

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Fair point, but if they revisit AOTC those two should be near the top of the list :tongue: And Jango‘s and Boba‘s versions should be able to peacefully co-exist on shelves, happened before with other sets :shrug_oh_well:

:grin:

Wait, what two sets did it happen with before? The only one I can think of is poe's x-wing and the resistance x-wing, and the latter didn't end up selling too well.

5 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Does anyone think we’ll get a Naboo Royal Starship? It did make the cover of the game in Lego form for the Skywalker Saga.  

I find that unlikely for the following reasons:

1. In one of the trailers, the game shows a large AT - AT walking across Hoth. However, that model was not shown to be the UCS AT - AT.
  2. If they had wanted to make a Nubian Starship, they would have done it by now,

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, what two sets did it happen with before? The only one I can think of is poe's x-wing and the resistance x-wing, and the latter didn't end up selling too well.

That's one of the examples. The other ones I can think of are the last three Snowspeeders (granted, one was 4+ and another one a Sandspeeder), the previous two TIE Fighters (again, one 4+), two versions of the Slave I (one was stand-alone, the other part of the Cloud City MBS set), and the Great Hall from HP. I admit that a lot of these only count on a technicality :tongue:

1 hour ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I find that unlikely for the following reasons:

1. If they had wanted to make a Nubian Starship, they would have done it by now,

I've read that the issue with the Royal Starship, at least in part, is that LEGO has deprecated the chrome coating that they used to use over quality concerns. They haven't been able to develop one that doesn't wear off the bricks through regular play, so they've stopped including chrome pieces in regular sets entirely. The only recent chrome pieces have been things like the TC-4 polybag figure that're intended more as display pieces.

3 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I've read that the issue with the Royal Starship, at least in part, is that LEGO has deprecated the chrome coating that they used to use over quality concerns. They haven't been able to develop one that doesn't wear off the bricks through regular play, so they've stopped including chrome pieces in regular sets entirely. The only recent chrome pieces have been things like the TC-4 polybag figure that're intended more as display pieces.

I do think that drum lacquered silver could work, though.

It wouldn't look as good

A UCS style Nubian Royal Ship would get past the play wear issue but it's still a lot of chrome pieces for a single set that probably won't ever feature in another set so would be a large initial manufacturing expense. The chances of the pieces scratching even during transit would be huge. It would look amazing though but certainly would not come cheap.

You just have to see the current cost for a "UCS" Naboo Star Fighter which was only partially chromed. Crazy money for a set that only has 187 pieces. Surprised that it had the UCS branding considering the size.

I’m fairly certain that lego is no longer doing chrome whatsoever due to chrome environmental impact coupled with the afore mentioned play issues.

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  • 75324: Attack of the Dark Troopers

Would be based on Mandalorian series, or new Boba Fett? What do you think? 

9 minutes ago, MayItBe said:

My monies on the Mandalorian series - as we have no idea what will show up in Boba Fett unless Lego has an inside track.

24 minutes ago, MayItBe said:

It's the hallway scene from The Mandalorian with Luke.