MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Do we know the set numbers for these accessory packs? What is their retail price? 

Surely they include some sort of small build. I don't think they'd just be Minifigures. 

They are $15 and just like the accessory packs for HP, Ninjago, etc. Though HP includes 4 figs and a small build, whereas these (and I believe others.... maybe the Batman pack?) have just 3 figs and the build.

1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Do we know the set numbers for these accessory packs? What is their retail price? 

Surely they include some sort of small build. I don't think they'd just be Minifigures. 

40558 Clone Trooper pack $14.99 comes with a forward post build and rifle rack

40557 Hoth Rebel Troopers pack $14.99 comes with 1.4 FD P-Tower and 2 repeating blaster cannons

50 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

I was hoping for some "civilian" stuff to populate SW dioramas with.

I was hoping that too. I was also hoping to get some non-human civilians.

I can see why the character selections are disappointing, but if they'd had four minifigs then I think I would have probably picked up one of each. But for $15, three figs and a small side-build is just not enough. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

BoBf, Andor, and Kenobi are all smaller scale and not likely to get the slew of sets mando got

I also think so. All three series are running in 2022 and might be in competition regarding spots in the production line from Lego. Also Kenobi is just a Miniseries with six episodes which might have an further impact.

I haven’t been the most trustworthy with my links in the past, but this one is exactly how I feel walking into the thread:

https://imgur.com/a/q8pXjrj

In any case, I expected a bit more of a positive reaction, although I suppose it is a bit more expensive. I’m quite happy with these, the Rebel trooper will certainly be useful with all the imperial stuff we’re getting, and the AOTC clone troopers are expensive af, so this is good news to me at the very least.

Edited by Brickroll

5 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I haven’t been the most trustworthy with my links in the past, but this one is exactly how I feel walking into the thread:

https://imgur.com/a/q8pXjrj

In any case, I expected a bit more of a positive reaction, although I suppose it is a bit more expensive. I’m quite happy with these, the Rebel trooper will certainly be useful with all the imperial stuff we’re getting, and the AOTC clone troopers are expensive af, so this is good news to me at the very least.

LMAO @ image link

Even at 3 minifigures this is still the best P1 Clone Battlepack in almost a decade. This also bodes well for AOTC sets in the summer. 

Does anyone else think that LEGO is testing a variety of Battle Packs/Battle Pack-type sets to see what configuration sells the best? We are getting a $20 pack with three Snowtroopers, a Snow Scout, an accurate speeder bike, a salvageable E-Web, and a useless pile of white bricks; then two $15 packs, one with three Hoth Rebel Troopers and a P-Tower, and another with three P1 Shinies and a forward command post. All of these are fairly safe choices (and mid-level, in terms of desirability), so it may be that LEGO is trying to figure out the best/most profitable combination of price, Minifig count, Minifig diversity, and build/part-count. 🤔

Well... that's lame honestly, but still better than nothing.

Hoth Rebel BP isn't exciting at all, but I guess it makes sense with the Hoth Snowtrooper BP coming out the same day.

It's nice to get Phase I Clone Troopers tho, a Prequel set is always welcome.

I just don't get what LEGO is doing... regular Battle Packs are pricier, but the piece count and minfig count stays the same, while 15€ Battle Packs (which was the price for previous ones) now include one minifig less and even smaller builds...

I seriously hope that the accessory packs will not serve as BP replacements in future because the former’s budget is very limited, or in this case, virtually 0 :sceptic: The rebel troopers will surely all reuse the same prints from the AT-ST set with faceprints borrowed from other themes (Bruce Wayne, Battinson/Tom Riddle, and Wonder Woman if I had to guess) and the Clonetroopers either reuse the Phase II torso or get a sliiiightly updated one as a “new” print.

You’d think with as huge of a budget as SW must have they wouldn’t play it as excessively save as they’re doing, but here we are… 

And my dreams of an Incinerator Trooper anytime soon go up in flames :cry2: (pun wholeheartedly intended)

If the rumors are true then these are two good accessory packs. My main worry was that they would be nearly useless by having three common named characters (luke, c3po, r2d2). The hoth one is necessary given that without it, the entire rebellion is just one soldier from the AT-ST and luke facing the entire empire. Phase 2 clones would have been better, but I'll take phase 1 clones just the same in order to reduce aftermarket costs. Having three figures instead of four is disappointing, but is not surprising considering how they know lego fans would buy just about anything, so in their mind there's no need to spend the extra cents to include a fourth figure

On the other hand, including star wars army builder figures might turn out to be terrible for consumers. These packs up to this point have always been lego store exclusives and some have been perpetually out of stock for their entire lifespan. The Spider-Man versus Venom and Iron Venom (40454) has been continually out of stock all year, and there was a brief backorder period last month with an estimated ship date of february-march. I ordered a batman one back in july and it took until october for it to reach me in the US. I will expect the same issue with the clones

Edited by Bobbtom

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The rebel troopers will surely all reuse the same prints from the AT-ST set

I hope that we get a mix of both the 2022 and 2019 figures, since both types are useful (and they are not interchangeable). 

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

the Clonetroopers either reuse the Phase II torso or get a sliiiightly updated one as a “new” print.

There is currently no plain Clone torso in the new style, so the print will be new. Also, there is no difference between plain P1 and P2 Clone armour aside from the helmets (so this pack increases our chances of getting P2 Shinies, since we will now only need a slightly altered P2 helmet print). 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The rebel troopers will surely all reuse the same prints from the AT-ST set with faceprints borrowed from other themes (Bruce Wayne, Battinson/Tom Riddle, and Wonder Woman if I had to guess)

3 troopers all with the same skin tone? Doesn’t sound like something lego would do. 

2 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

3 troopers all with the same skin tone? Doesn’t sound like something lego would do. 

Good point, I was just thinking of some of the currently most overused ones :grin: Replace one of them with the Shocker faceprint then 

I'm thrilled with these new AP rumors. Not lame at all in my opinion. I get the feeling some people on this thread refuse to be content with anything less than perfection :hmpf: The Hoth will balance the Snow Trooper BP, and the AOTC will fill out my system scale Gunship really well - I've been wanting P1 Clones for awhile now to be able to do this. And maybe it means AOTC sets for the summer, with 2022 being the 20th anniversary.

1 minute ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I get the feeling some people on this thread refuse to be content with anything less than perfection :hmpf:

Perfection? Nah. As a long-term collector, all I'm looking for are fine additions to my collection *cough*, or at the very least stuff I don't already have a thousand copies of, simple as that. I can't muster up much excitement for things I already own :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Any chance the clone one has both types of helmet? Phase 1 & 2 ?

I find that a tad unlikely only because it would make more sense to have one type of clone. Then again, we are talking about TLG.

I've suggested this before, but I really do think we would benefit from having a rule against criticizing a set based on what you imagine is going to be in it. If you see something you don't like, by all means say so, but save your irritation for things that have actually happened rather than speculating that parts are going to be reused.

Glad at least something prequel is there to buy next year, not the biggest fan of it being LEGO exclusive though cause they have stupid limits and clown prices compared to retailers. I am really worried about the meaning of "armored clone" as well. Are they going to be for army building like 3x bland phase 1s? Or will they have some markings on them and different torsos or be named clones that will be horrible to army build?  

If they are all the same $45 for a squad of 9 sounds pretty great, $180 for a platoon even better. If that's the case I don't have to buy a single phase 1 clone for the rest of my life after that. 

I guess I'm a little confused as to the complaints about the prices. I mean yeah, prices going up is never a great thing but it's unrealistic to think it won't. Originally Battle Packs started at $9.99 in 2007. In 2008 it was bumped to $11.99. 2011 it was $12.99. It was like that till 2017 when it jumped to $14.99 and now finally in 2021 it is going to $19.99. These Accessory Sets prices make sense compared to Battle Packs that they seem to be making sure are separate from the accessory packs and all the current ones seem to have very detailed and new designs to the figures so I see no issues. *Cough* Wish they'd bring back the Taun-Taun mold *cough cough*

I'm not a huge fan of the new mixed/hybrid designs of the clones but I can learn to love them. The most exciting thing to me is that TLC seems to be making a theme of really matching things together within the sets. The AT-AT, AT-ST, Battle Pack and Accessory Packs. Next year is the 20th anniversary of AOTC and has the potential to bring back a lot of prequel sets a lot of people have been wanting and this accessory pack could be the beginning of it. I do hope they include a new Clone Pilot though to help make up that little blunder with the UCS Gunship.

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember
Wanted to add slight note to end

43 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I guess I'm a little confused as to the complaints about the prices. I mean yeah, prices going up is never a great thing but it's unrealistic to think it won't. Originally Battle Packs started at $9.99 in 2007. In 2008 it was bumped to $11.99. 2011 it was $12.99. It was like that till 2017 when it jumped to $14.99 and now finally in 2021 it is going to $19.99. 

Look at other Lego Themes, this most recent price jump is not very justified.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also, there is no difference between plain P1 and P2 Clone armour

There's not supposed to be a difference - in the movies they are the same.

But they are different in the animated shows, and unfortunately that's what the 2020+ Lego torso print is based on.

Glad we're getting something from AOTC next year and another Clone Trooper battle pack is overdue, but I still stand by that releasing them in the form of a Lego store exclusive accessory pack is a mistake. Distribution is going to be much more limited compared to the traditional retail wide battlepacks and they're going to be hoarded by scalpers faster than the 501st set was. :sceptic: