MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The new Chewbacca looks nice, but the snow printing is a bit too subtle for my liking :tongue:

And the probe droid looks fantastic :thumbup: This puts all the previous ones to shame

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

The Battle Pack looks much better than I would've thought. The builds all look great and fun. There is no rumoured minifigure stand tho. And then again, it just doesn't feel worth 20€. Around 100 pieces with 4 minifigs, while 3 of them are repeats? 

The AT-ST build looks great, but it's yet another AT-ST. Probe Droid looks fantastic tho. Minifigures aren't that interesting either. At least the Rebel has a pretty unique face.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

And so it begins...

AT-ST looks nice enough, I prefer the ROTJ version to the chicken walker look so I'll stick with what I have already. I do like the smaller probe droid though, it looks much more faithful to the movies - I'll have to make some of my own.

The battle pack seems decent, I'll probably pick one up to get some more new snowtroopers (and the Hoth scout trooper is a neat inclusion). The higher price is a shame given the piece count, but I think effectively paying 5EUR a figure (especially one that's only out in expensive sets currently) is OK. Also, is that base on the e-web a new piece?

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The new Chewbacca looks nice, but the snow printing is a bit too subtle for my liking :tongue:

I honestly didn't notice it the first time. Seems like a very minor tweak.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

About time Lego updated the packaging! God, that greebly Vader box border was so boring to look at, these will certainly pop much more. It’s also a nice touch to get some Battle of Hoth promo art on the sides of the boxes.

As for the sets themselves, they look great and a perfect complement to the UCS AT-AT. I think the highlight of the whole wave is that updated Probe Droid, it looks just like a miniaturised version of the 18+ one! As for the AT-ST, I appreciate that the build actually seems somewhat different from the previous two we’ve gotten.

Looking forward to seeing the more interesting sets for next year!

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what you’re getting at here, as the only sets we’re going to see today are the Hoth AT-ST and the Snowtrooper Battlepack

Well, the preceding discussion was about filling the AT-AT with snowtroopers... but maybe try being a little less literal in your thinking. 

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Battle Pack looks much better than I would've thought. The builds all look great and fun. There is no rumoured minifigure stand tho.

That is very true. It did seem odd to have figure stands in a battlepack. I'm assuming someone saw the snow build and described it as say 'somewhere to stand figures' or 'there's a stand for the figures' and this got misconstrued and became 'stands' for figures.

The AT-ST, for me looks great. I haven't had an AT-ST since 7121. Will put it alongside the UCS AT-AT for fun. 2 battlepacks for sure to fill out the AT-AT speeder compartment and some more snowtroopers. LOVE the new box art. Haven't liked the art this much in probably a decade. 

Prices are good, maybe the battlepack is a little high. 

Hoping to see more soon!

The snowtrooper commander is also remaining exclusive to the UCS AT-AT so watch that go for ridiculous prices. Would have been nice to get that in the BP, but then it would make it less amassable so some might prefer just standard snowtroopers.

I honestly missed Chewy's printing at first glance, but I think it's a good variant. After all, Chewy's fur gets covered in snow so it doesn't really make sense to keep getting a 'clean' version of him. Those trying to make Hoth MOCs, especially with the UCS AT-AT release, will find it useful I think and I'm sure kids will appreciate it.

The box art is also cool, but the box shape is also a surprise. Are there any other boxes that are short, but tall like this new AT-ST one? 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Snow-bacca!!!!!

Also I’m a big fan of the cold weather updates to scout and at-st driver.

AT-ST looks okay, I might get it but I'm in no rush for this one. Battlepack is where it's at - I'll need to get a lot of them since the UCS AT-AT will look better with all seats occupied. Nice start of 2022 I might say!

26 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The box art is also cool, but the box shape is also a surprise. Are there any other boxes that are short, but tall like this new AT-ST one? 

The helmet and probe droid boxes are the ones that immediately spring to mind, although I imagine this would be slightly smaller than those.

13 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

AT-ST looks okay, I might get it but I'm in no rush for this one. Battlepack is where it's at - I'll need to get a lot of them since the UCS AT-AT will look better with all seats occupied. Nice start of 2022 I might say!

I wonder if Lego will put a limit on the purchase that reflects allowing people to do this? What's the normal limit for BPs on S@H? Is it 3? They're all OOS on S@H so can't see at the moment. It's clearly their intention of releasing this BP now to encourage people to fill their AT-ATs with troops, but I don't think the normal limit will allow that. Will be interesting to see if it quickly goes OOS or if Lego will have anticipated the demand and increased production.

40 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Well, the preceding discussion was about filling the AT-AT with snowtroopers... but maybe try being a little less literal in your thinking. 

Oh. I thought you were talking about the 2022 stuff :grin:

And I agree with the consensus so far, the new boxart is a welcome change. While I appreciate the previous one, it’s about time for an update :thumbup:

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

The helmet and probe droid boxes are the ones that immediately spring to mind, although I imagine this would be slightly smaller than those.

Ah yes I suppose. I don't collect those so have never seen those boxes in person. From a marketing standpoint though, those boxes seem wider almost at first glance because of the black, whereas this one looks very squashed. It reflects the size nature of the product inside, but at the same time, doesn't give the impression of as much bulk as a square box would so might not seem a as good value to those parents/grandparents/impulse buyers who just see it on a shelf. Interesting choice.

11 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think the 75002 was also tall like those

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

4 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I think the 75002 was also tall like those

You're right. That was during my dark age so never saw that one either. The current AT-ST 75254 is actually a similar box, but this new one just looks really slim. Meh maybe it's just the angle of the shots and the black corner slash making it feel so squished in. :sweet:

13 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I wonder if Lego will put a limit on the purchase that reflects allowing people to do this? What's the normal limit for BPs on S@H? Is it 3? They're all OOS on S@H so can't see at the moment. It's clearly their intention of releasing this BP now to encourage people to fill their AT-ATs with troops, but I don't think the normal limit will allow that. Will be interesting to see if it quickly goes OOS or if Lego will have anticipated the demand and increased production.

I hope that there will be a limit otherwise there will still be supply and demand issue. I'm in no rush with battlepacks really, I want to get UCS AT-AT first and that won't probably happen till January/February of 2022. It is nice that lego is embracing Hoth on a grand scale though

FINALLY an accurate speeder after those disgusting oversized piles of $%&# we got in the 501st set and in the Bad Batch Shuttle set. I am not into snowtroopers or OT, but i am definitely getting 3 of them at least to make a squad. Scout troopers look awesome, speeder looks amazing and box art is cool too. Good job LEGO. Might even buy the 2020 AT-AT now.
Not interested at all with the AT-ST, but i do like the AT-ST driver minifigure. Would rather have the Endor version.

I know it was included in the AT-AT as well, but I will say that this speeder bike looks fantastic. It looks similar to a few MOCs I've seen (including mine!), but presumably without the fragility that some of them have (including mine...).

I really like that Hoth AT-ST set(but I'm also a sucker for AT-STs), the walker looks really good and I love that Probe Droid, finally a decent minifig-scale Probe Droid! I'm happy we're getting a snow-covered Chewie too. My only complaint is that it should be Han instead of a random Rebel trooper but that's fairly minor. The Snowtrooper bp is also quite good and I love that speederbike build and it's really smart of them to have it be the exact same as the ones in the UCS AT-AT . I have no plan to get the UCS but I can definitely see people who do buying a bunch of the bp to fill out the AT-AT. Very smart LEGO. I like the new packaging too. All in all a great start but what I'm really excited for is tbobf sets! Hopefully they'll be revealed before too long if those sets are coming January 1st too.

I have to admit that the AT-ST is a better set than I thought; Chewy, the updated pilot, and the fantastic probe droid are particular stand-outs (seriously, how come ALL of the previous 15 versions were this far off the mark?) :thumbup: The BP is as bland as expected, but it seems to make people happy at least. Personally, I’m just SO tired of Hoth.

Too bad this already almost marks the end of the reveals for the fans of licensed themes :hmpf_bad: 

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Hopefully they'll be revealed before too long if those sets are coming January 1st too.

Nope, one gets released in March and the other in May :sceptic: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants