MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

22 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The two bounty hunters could be moderately interesting. They’re just listed as unknown, maybe we just have no idea who they are instead of them being just generic side characters.

I don't know, it's probably too early for spoiler sets so I expect them to be some minor Bounty Hunters introduced in the series.

16 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I think only Cloud City and Mos Eisley are officially MBS sets. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Master-Builder-Series

While the Endor Village, Assault on Hoth and Death star were all location based, they are classed as UCS sets. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Ultimate-Collector-Series

Yes, technically, but look at the 2016 death star and tell me it wouldn't be called an MBS set if released today. It has everything MBS sets are known for:

-mainly focused on interior

-tens of figures

A price tag significantly heftier than the $200 UCS sets we tend to get in may nowadays.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently the minifigures in Boba Fett's Palace are: Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, 2 Gamorrean Guards, and 2 Bounty Hunters.

That's a pretty lame selection imo. It's probably not LEGO's fault tho. I think the 70€ May set may give us more interesting content. 

Not bad at all IMO, especially if the rancor is in the set. You get the two main characters, the guards, and two generic hunters. They don't want to spoil cameos, so it's not going to be like if the AT-ST raider came with grogu or if ToT came with Cobb Vanth.

'Bounty hunters' could be applied generically to most of the Palace denizens, anyway, even if it isn't very accurate for most of them. I'd be hesitant to read too much into that given how sloppy LEGO sometimes is with names for background characters.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently the minifigures in Boba Fett's Palace are: Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, 2 Gamorrean Guards, and 2 Bounty Hunters.

That's a pretty lame selection imo. It's probably not LEGO's fault tho. I think the 70€ May set may give us more interesting content. 

I've wondered for a while now... how do you come across leaks like this? I have a tab open on my laptop that has in the search bar "lego star wars 2022 leak" (I sometimes add more stuff if I'm looking for specifics) and every day I filter it to past hour and then past 24 hours and I come across most of the slightly less obscure leaks but not ones like these. Is there anything more specific I should do to be able to get more leaks like this?

Edited by AD_Bricks

4 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

I've wondered for a while now... how do you come across leaks like this? I have a tab open on my laptop that has in the search bar "lego star wars 2022 leak" (I sometimes add more stuff if I'm looking for specifics) and every day I filter it to past hour and then past 24 hours and I come across most of the leaks I hear about but not ones like these. Is there anything more specific I should do to be able to get more leaks like this?

I've messaged you. :classic:

27 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I've messaged you. :classic:

I don’t get all the secrecy about stuff like this… the info is out there and we’re all looking for it so just share smh. It all comes out in the end and turns up on here anyway 

Keen for more Gamoreans 

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don’t get all the secrecy about stuff like this… the info is out there and we’re all looking for it so just share smh. It all comes out in the end and turns up on here anyway 

Keen for more Gamoreans 

It's not secrecy, it's just not permitted by Eurobricks to openly say where to go for leaks as far as I'm aware. 

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's not secrecy, it's just not permitted by Eurobricks to openly say where to go for leaks as far as I'm aware. 

I’m not a mod but to me it seems like it’s all semantics. I know we can’t share images or link directly to them but a little *cough*insta hashtags*cough* nudge in the right direction has been ok in the past.

1 minute ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m not a mod but to me it seems like it’s all semantics. I know we can’t share images or link directly to them but a little *cough*insta hashtags*cough* nudge in the right direction has been ok in the past.

I just trying to help another user whilst following the rules. This is what others did for me in the past.

54 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

I've wondered for a while now... how do you come across leaks like this? I have a tab open on my laptop that has in the search bar "lego star wars 2022 leak" (I sometimes add more stuff if I'm looking for specifics) and every day I filter it to past hour and then past 24 hours and I come across most of the slightly less obscure leaks but not ones like these. Is there anything more specific I should do to be able to get more leaks like this?

Go to Instagram and search #legoleaks.

That's all it takes. There's nothing that you'll miss if you follow this closely.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd rather they kept spoilery/cooler figures for sets after the season finishes so Lego doesn't do what they did with the BB shuttle and leak a major plot point (Crosshair turning) and I know they needed the shuttle to release and Crosshair was already rumored to turn BUT if I remember correctly Disney was still super pissed about the LAN/insta leaks that week. SO if there is any reason that we won't get any new main characters/cameos it's cause of Lego's inability to stop leaks. 

Wow, that sounds absolutely lame. Wouldn't be surprised now if the two "bounty hunters" are rehashes as well :angry: Brand-new show and they still have to cut corners at every opportunity. It was practically the only set that had any potential for new and exciting minifigs, and of course they wasted it on 10 year old rehashes :hmpf_bad:

ten-years-old-love-never-dies.gif

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wow, that sounds absolutely lame. Wouldn't be surprised now if the two "bounty hunters" are rehashes as well :angry: Brand-new show and they still have to cut corners at every opportunity. It was practically the only set that had any potential for new and exciting minifigs, and of course they wasted it on 10 year old rehashes :hmpf_bad:

I'm going to withhold judgement until we get pictures, but if that is the case then it will be disappointing for sure. I'll probably still get if the build is nice since I think it could be a nice set, and I don't have Boba or Fennec yet, but I'm really hoping the bounty hunters are at least relatively important characters.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Legos are currently a net financial gain for me, as I buy bulk lots on ebay and then sell the sets that can be made from them. It's close though, given the new sets I buy, and $800 would take me far enough across that line that I don't want to do it unless some big items sell.

Dude, this is awesome! Great way to make money.

So the minifigure selection for Boba’s Palace seems fairly predictable to be honest, I’m sure the two unknown Bounty Hunters will make for some cool looking figures. Moreover, Lego really needs to fix up the Boba figure to differentiate him from his Mandalorian variant, though I’m confident they won’t. I can also see Fennec having a hairpiece this time round to maintain some individuality from the helmeted version in Moff Gideon’s Cruiser.

Also, I’m really excited to see what the Palace model itself entails! Location builds with a heftier price tag always interest me.

I'm not surprised by the rumoured figures for Boba's Palace. As has been said: main characters, guards, background characters. Yes it's a bit safe and predictable but also fits the scene in the set. I think this is another case of the difference between long time collectors who have multiple Bobas and the previous palace plus other figs and are looking for something new, versus the casual consumer who only has a handful of sets and almost certainly none of the previous Jabba related sets. An 'action figures not included' could help in this situation, but that's never gonna happen.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Well...yeah, that's the point. Eurobricks can't say "here are the leaks/here are where the leaks are" without incurring penalties from lego, but if a random user happens to vaguely hint at their location (or in some cases a random user just straight up saying a place they can be found), they can have some deniability.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Really? Obviously boba and fennec are givens, and more importantly with them, fennec has only been in one $160 set before this. With boba, he'll either be new, or the one that came in only one set before (though it was a cheaper one, but again he's the main character, what are you gonna do?). The gamorreans are characters we haven't had in what, 9 years by the release of this set? That's great! Plus at least in america the cheapest undamaged ones are nearly $15, and they usually appear in pairs so this is great for people who want them but don't want to shell out $15 per fig. With the bounty hunters, they MIGHT be rehashes, but I doubt it. I feel like if it was bossk or dengar or something they would have said so, this sounds like they're random characters labeled "bounty hunters", which means they're likely new figs.

Seriously, what were people expecting for this? Who would you even put in the set instead of any of these guys, it's not like they're gonna be dropping spoiler characters into it. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The figure selection for Boba Fett's Palace sounds pretty good. I'm definitely curious about the 2 unknown bounty hunters. I won't give my hopes up for it being a couple of classic Bounty Hunters we all know and love like Cad Bane, Embo, Zuckuss, Bossk etc. Chances are they will be a couple of generic figures but hopefully they at least look good and use some nice parts and hopefully some alien heads. Given the price of the set and figuring in the high probability that it includes a Rancor, I think this is an acceptable amount of figures. 

I fully expect the other bobf set to include the Ithorian gang leader though and I would LOVE it if we got a new mold that includes the translator but more than likely it'll be the exact same Ithorian head with the exact same print in the exact same color. If they could at least print the translator on the head piece, I would be fine with that. Can't express how happy I am that an Ithorian is going to be a main character in something though! I would love to see more Ithorians prominently featured in the future, they're so dang cool! I wo der if the other bobf set might be the "Hammerhead's" citadel/throne room? That would be fitting I think to have the "main base" for the protagonist and antagonist if you will.

Wasn’t expecting anything too exciting from the minifigure selection for Boba Fett’s Palace anyway. New Gamorrean Guards sounds nice, and I imagine the Bounty Hunters will be some new characters on the show. I’ll be glad to have a spare Boba and Fennec as well.

Ready to get some 2022 set images in the next month.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Seriously, what were people expecting for this? Who would you even put in the set instead of any of these guys, it's not like they're gonna be dropping spoiler characters into it. 

Of course I didn’t expect spoiler characters, but is something NEW really that much to ask for? Sets based on upcoming films and shows habe always been a source of new and interesting minifigs, until now. Sure, it’s a Mando spin-off, but that’s no excuse as the teaser has shown plenty of new, non-spoilerific characters :tongue: As a collector, how am I supposed to be excited for something I already have multiples of?

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but purely in terms of minifigs, the 1HY 2022 lineup could well be even worse than last year’s. Back then, we at least had Beskar Mando and Dodonna. For 2022, the only confirmed novelty so far is a non-canonical torso print :laugh_hard:

Let’s hope the two unknown minifigs and the accessory packs are worthwhile, but I’m not too confident

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but purely in terms of minifigs, the 1HY 2022 lineup could well be even worse than last year’s. Back then, we at least had Beskar Mando and Dodonna. For 2022, the only confirmed novelty so far is a non-canonical torso print :laugh_hard:

Let’s hope the two unknown minifigs and the accessory packs are worthwhile, but I’m not too confident

To be fair, I can completely see where you’re coming from. Unfortunately I think that as a general rule of thumb, we’ve now learned not to get too excited when it comes to winter (actually, given the weird release schedule, let’s just say pre-summer) LSW lineups. Summer will be where the really new stuff will shine. That said, I think both TBoBF sets will pleasantly surprise us when we see them.

So, it seems a given that we’ll be getting sets for Kenobi, Andor, and potentially Bad Batch S2 next summer. If they reflect how strong this year’s summer wave was, then we’ve a lot to look forward to!

Edited by T21Typhoon

1 hour ago, T21Typhoon said:

Unfortunately I think that as a general rule of thumb, we’ve now learned not to get too excited when it comes to winter (actually, given the weird release schedule, let’s just say pre-summer) LSW lineups.

It’s too early to call it a rule of thumb though. Just look at the 1HY of 2020, that was still pretty awesome! 

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Agreed,but i hoped for twi'lek dancer also 

So the Luke lightsaber promo is apparently going to be just with UCS AT-AT purchases.

I find Hoth Bricks mention of how Lego might ship the promo without it being squashed interesting and considerably relevant as I recently received a squashed GWP because it was shipped with the Hogwarts Castle. The UCS AT-AT seems likely to stomp on the lightsaber promo so it could well be an issue.

https://www.hothbricks.com/lego-star-wars-40483-luke-skywalkers-lightsaber-le-cadeau-exclusif-pour-lachat-du-set-75313-at-at/

16 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Correct. Thank you for following the rules :thumbup:

16 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I just trying to help another user whilst following the rules. This is what others did for me in the past.

Perfect. Thank you for following the rules :thumbup: